[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow i forgot this just came out in NA is it worth getting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
wow i forgot this just came out in NA

is it worth getting?

i really liked mh4u but i hated the alpha mechanic or w/e it was called, the enrage one

pls tell me they took it out
>>
>>345400417
Apex is gone, Frenzy mechanic basically got changed around to something more interestnig.
>>
>>345400672
so it's better now? apex was retarded
>>
>>345400417
Need to know if this shits worth getting too.
>>
>>345400417
>>345401906
>>345403954
Apex is gone, game is worth getting.
>>
>>345404021
do they still have grank shit, like is the game still split in two?
>>
>>345404270

No G rank.
>>
>>345404270
It's just Low Rank and High Rank, no G Rank. Instead they have the Variant Monster system, which involves leveling up special versions of the monsters.

It's a way better version of the Guild Hunts.
>>
>>345404406
>>345404446
thank god that shit was so tedious
>>
Heard Prowler is mandatory for food stuffs. Which would suck as it doesn't look interesting at all.

I wish they'd stop forcing all these minigames and distractions into this series. If I want a breather or variety I can play a different fucking game.
>>
>>345404021
So all the hate in /v/ is just a meme?
Or is mhg actually inferior to mh4u?
>>
>>345405084
It's a meme, it's a great game. Been playing a whole lot. Lots of returning monsters/areas, the styles and super moves are actually great additions
>>
Anybody have the pastebin with MHX shit including how to get the extra rewards?
>>
>>345404980
think of it as rewards for having a good cat.
>>
>>345405208
>>345405084
The only thing I'd say is terrible about it is the beginning
>four towns
>four times the "collect ten bear asses" quest
>four times the "kill ten of these velociprey clones"
>four times the "kill small monsters for a stupidly rare drop" quests
Fucking capcom after I was done with one star I thought it was going to be smooth sailing of monster hunting but you just took a shit on me.

SNS oils are fun and stamina oil is downright silly but not broken
>>
>>345407846
Well, it's more that instead of spreading out the Bear Asses throughout the game when you unlock new maps, they just pile them on instead. I will admit that's not great
>>
>>345405084
It's MH with more fun bells and whistles.
It has a kind of weak monster cast and uses some of the lamer maps. I don't think flooded forest is in and it's the best.
They elected to return Khezu instead of Gigginox, Garuga is in instead of something unique and interesting like whatever the spider was named.
But styles are a fucking blast and it's still a good fun MH game. Fuck arts though.

Or just give hammer a good one.
>>
>>345408213
What's bothering me is that I've already done all the villager requests and I'm now only left with the bear asses

if I need to get all the checkmarks to proceed to 3 star I'm going to be pissed
>>
>>345404980
And everyone was happy they took under water out.
>>
>>345404980
Prowler is fun as fuck, anon. You should try it if you haven't yet.
>>
>>345408427
I wish they'd just made it better.
Lagiacrus and abyssal lagiacrus were cool looking as shit. I love that vibe. Lagi on land is lame as hell. Even royal ludroth the most boring monster ever was cool in water.
I just wish the controls weren't so bad.
>>
It's a fun game, worth a purchase. Only bad thing is the absurd amount of gathering quests.
>>
is there any art of the female bulldrome armor?
because that shit is pretty lewd for early game armor
>>
>>345408584
I'm in the same boat. It was a sweet mechanic, instead of ditching it that could have made it better.
That moran quest with the sand boat? Why not an apex Whatever that underwater gold beard guy was where you have to fight on water?
Having killed a plesioth back in the day with a bowgun while he was in water I can't begin to explain the hype I had when I was able to chase the fucker into his territory and fight him face to face .
But... it's capcom... I should have seen this coming
>>
>>345405208
>Lots of returning monsters/areas

I know that's kind of the point of Generations, but to me the massive amount of recycled content and in actually only very few new monsters per game has always been the series' biggest drawback for me.
>>
>>345408379
http://mhgen.kiranico.com/quest/village
Keys are marked here senpai
>>
>>345409261
Scrub detected.
>>
How fun/flashy are the arts?
Are they game changing? Totally worthless?

I'm a sucker for over the top junk.
>>
File: hurtz.png (204 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
hurtz.png
204 KB, 600x468
>Fight Mizustune
>Unlock all the armor except for the waist pieces
Why?
>>
>>345410486
Are there still ridiculously low rate monster parts? The fucking gems really threw me off certain armor sets cause fuck grinding over a 100 of one monster just for a full set
>>
File: 1424746493020.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
1424746493020.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>tfw no mhgenerations on vita
>>
>>345410243

Most are very situational. I find myself using absolute evade moreso than stuff like longsword's counter.

Picking the style is more important. Arts are just the slightly useful icing on the cake.
>>
I haven't gotten Gen yet and don't really plan on it since I'm low on money and have many more hours still to invest in 4U, so I was wondering if you guys think 4U or Gen is the better game.

My brother has never played a MonHun before and he's planning on getting one, so I'm trying to help him out.
>>
How are the styles for each weapon? I heard that the style can give and take some attacks depending on the weapon.

Do we have a comparison list of pros and cons for each weapon style?
>>
>>345414106
gen
>>
>>345410486
Just means you need a drop for the waist piece you haven't seen yet.

You need the drops to trigger the armor appearing, not merely fighting the monster is enough.
>>
>>345415691
<guild
standard shit same as 4u in terms of moveset, lets you take 2 hunter arts
>striker
usually loses a move but lets you take 3 hunter arts, for example the greatsword loses its third level charge
>aerial
loses a move but allows you to vault off of monsters teammates and bombs, one hunter art
>adept
loses a move or two but allows you to do a dodge roll if you time your roll perfectly with an enemy attack, after the roll you usually get huge bonusus like a free fastcharge or free fully charged bow shot, only one hunter art
>>
>>345413232
But vitaanon got a N3DS he has no excuse
>>
File: oOOOoooOOOoo.png (252 KB, 428x382) Image search: [Google]
oOOOoooOOOoo.png
252 KB, 428x382
>aerial dual blades
>>
>>345416508
>aerial hammer
Just raped Gammoth with, so good. Now I gotta do the other villages' requests, fuck
>>
>>345416260
Is adept actually worth it at all for GS?
>>
>>345416772
ive gotten some time to get used to it and its better in almost every way until you can get crit draw and fastcharge on a clownsuit
>>
>>345405084
I already have over 20 hours put in it and finished all the training quest, and most of the 1* online quest.

I just finished the dlc Event quest Operation Moofah which took almost 50 minutes because I had the stupid idea of taking on the Arzuros instead of tracking down Moofahs.
>>
>>345417032
I'm just using Guild for my GS since I wasn't sure what to pick. So Adept is better? Still barely HR3 in village.
>>
>>345407846
If you do key quests there's only a couple you have to do. But I guess you're going for 100% you're definitely fucked.
>>
File: 1468711841300.gif (1 MB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
1468711841300.gif
1 MB, 300x223
Is there a master list of all the required quests in single player? I'm not going to spend fucking 20 hours hauling 15 jaggi asses
>>
Did they nerf hammer's range?

it feels a lot smaller, especially on the triple pound, shit seems to not even hit to the sides even though it's a golf swing
>>
>>345400417
>tfw got my full Silver Narga armor to +6 by myself
Fuck those guys.
>>
>>345418849
http://mhgen.kiranico.com/
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.