[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the fgc hate smash so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: YTOCMTue.jpg (55 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
YTOCMTue.jpg
55 KB, 480x480
Why does the fgc hate smash so much?
>>
smashfags smell bad
>>
because it's different aka not a street fighter or tekken clone

If one of those naruto games ever got big competitively they would be treated the same way
>>
>>345393586

Because they are smelly autists who shit in the pool.
>>
>shitposts everything that isn't melee into oblivion
>Circlejerks the top 5 players so much you think their dicks would fall off
>Holier than thou attitude, even calls their top players gods
Gee, I wonder why.
>>
Because the higher level the players are the more boring the match is to watch. Ultra safe footsies suck to watch.
>>
>>345393915
So do the fgc hate MK too?
>>
>>345393915

this is the reason
>>
>>345393586
who cares about the fgc
>>
>>345393586
Its not a traditional tourney fighter and they can't wrap their little minds around the sheer technical skill and APM that melee has
>>
>>345393586
It's smelly nu-males: the game
>>
Because all the best players are white
>>
>>345394452

> Hbox

White top players include:

A bald retard

A whitetrash degenerate who is actually a spic

2 Swedes
>>
Only the SFV bronze/silver trash hate melee
>>
>>345394221

somewhat

there is this capcom (mostly street fighter fans) vs everyone else thing that has existed way before competitive smash got big. I remember when shit like mk3 and umk used to often get boo'd and vandalized. It's gotten way better since then but capcom fans (again mostly street fighter) still are pretty elitist about their games
>>
>>345394760
Stay mad weeb, nips can't git gud at party games.
>>
Started as a party game.
Has done nothing but sperg out expecting special treatment.
Rabid fanbase who takes everything personal.
High tier play is literally 5 people, the rest might as well not exist.
It's not SF.
>>
>>345394870

They don't care about melee.
>>
>>345394154
>Circlejerks the top 5 players so much you think their dicks would fall off
Because the caliber of player has stratified to hte point where those five players are outright untouchable by anyone else. There are no dark horses or secret killers in the Melee scene, because none of them can beat the so-called "five gods" of the game. There is no point in getting into Melee, because odds are extremely good that you will never topple those top five.
>>
>>345394831
Source: my ass
>>
>>345393915
Pokken was well received as far as I know.
Smashfags are worst than even Darkstalker/Blazblue autists. They constantly moan on Twitter, practice horrible personal hygiene, expect preferential treatment, shit in pools, molest women in their hotel rooms, are disruptive in general, and managed to have the worst top-8 witnessed in practically a decade.
>>
Is Melee the only game at Evo that shows the players during the matches? Are they just that big of attention whores that they have to constantly be on camera?
>>
>>345397660
>Are they just that big of attention whores that they have to constantly be on camera?

Yes.
>>
>>345395474
Not quite. Plup beat Hbox today (but choked and lost in losers finals).

Leffen has beaten all of the gods, and four of them within a single tourney run this year.

Axe, Westballz, and a few others have beaten most of the gods at one point or another.

And Wizzrobe is on the rise and recently 3-0'd hbox with captain fucking falcon and went 2-3 vs mango that same day.

Overall, things aren't quite as iron clad as they used to be by any stretch.
>>
>>345397660
what else should they show on the screen for a 4:3 game? just stretch it to fit the resolution? or show ads?
>>
>>345393586
they're the reason why everyone says Salty now.

These children are spreading FGC lingo everywhere
>>
because it's a party game, not a real fighting game. it's pretty understandable.
>>
File: 1466744177666.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1466744177666.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>345394813
This makes a lot of sense

/fgg/ is full of shitters who didn't win once at EVO

They damage control constantly

I see the same style of shitposting hating on Smash

??? Hmmm
>>
>>345393586
2 parts jealousy, 1 part xenophobia
>>
Smashfags tend to be significantly spergier than the typical FGC crowd.

Also they think it's stupid that smash players have so many extra rules outside the game's that have to be enforced (stage/character bans, ect) because the game wasn't made to be competitive, although FGC does it too to a lesser extent.

Finally they probably don't like how different Smash is as a fighting game compared to the kind they play (to the point where they refuse to acknowledge it as a fighting game at all). Most fighting games can trace their evolution pretty clearly back to Street Fighter 2 and all retain a part of that game at their core whereas smash is a totally different kind of (fighting) game.
>>
>>345399401
Also they probably feel threatened by Smash's relative popularity. They don't want their little corner of gaming absorbed by smash.
>>
>>345399401
There are no character bans dipshit

Back to /freeGG/ shitter
>>
>>345394221
No because mk is a traditional fighting game, just with a dedicated block button
>>
>have to turn off most of the features and ban most of the levels to make it "competitive"
>legitimate fighting game

I think SFV would be much more balanced if all HKs and MPs were banned.
>>
>>345394221
I mean, MK generally isn't taken seriously by anyone but die hard MK fans/people that just want the money from grinding a game that no one worth mentioning plays. On top of that, the games generally get a year, maybe two, before the player base dwindles and the game becomes basically irrelevant.

Then the next NRS game comes out and the same thing happens there.
>>
>>345399602
Meta knight was back in brawl
>>
>>345399763
no one gives a fuck about brawl

brawl was only relevant in 2007 because of evo

which is why you still think smash is a joke

fuck off
>>
SF can barley hit 170k views

A 15 year old nintendo game hits 220k

When will Evo stop pretending melee isnt the real main event.
>>
>>345399670
You're comparing apples to bananas
>>
>>345399401
>character bans

???
>>
>>345395474
>top 5 players are untouchable
Plup got third, fucker.
Mango got fourth, and M2K got fifth, tying with S2J.
>>
>>345399763
Meta Knight is the exception, not the rule. He was literally just utterly broken in every sense of the word. There's no other character in the series that can compare to him, not even pre-patch Sm4sh Diddy, hoo-hah and all.
>>
>>345400056
64 Pikachu is kinda close.
He's ridiculously good at edgeguarding and comboing and he has the best recovery in the game.
>>
>>345399961
Except it's on ESPN, which you're ignoring.
>>
>>345399763
Well, a few things to clarify that:
1) Wasn't enforced and was left to TOs to decide whether to enforce it or not
2) Brawl's community as a whole (Now Smash 4's) is almost entirely divorced from Melee's, with very little overlap aside a couple players here and there.
>>
Melee is fucking boring to watch.
>>
>>345399985
How so? How are saying no weapons or final smashes allowed is any different from saying a standard attack is banned in an actual fighting game?

Would saying "All Critical Arts are now banned for balance purposes" be more accurate? The point is, if you have to purposely gimp the game to give it the illusion of balance, then maybe it's not a true fighting game.
>>
>>345399578
It doesn't help that the Smash scene is commonly characterized as greedy and selfish. FGC tournaments made room for Smash, but Smash tournaments (Genesis, Apex, etc) don't make room for anything but Smash.
>>
>>345400173
Yeah, 64 pika is fucking broke, but he has the fortune of being in a game where every character can zero to death every other character. So, it weirdly balances it out to some vague extent through how stupidly broken everything is.

MK doesn't have that, unless you're counting chain grab bullshit. So, it's overall a far worse situation as a whole.
>>
>>345400021
That's still four of the top five occupied by the five gods.
>>
>>345393586
Because it's not a fighting game, and all smashfags are autists that make images like OP's
>>
Smashfags are disgusting, unhygienic, autists. Maybe if they actually had empathy for the people around them and took a fucking shower before going out in public, we'd treat them like adults.
>>
>>345394905
I've been in/kept tabs on the smash scene since melee, and this isn't really right. Before Brawl the Melee scene was grassroots, close-nit, and super chill,. As smash gained more competitive prominence the FGC gave it more (mostly negative) attention. This was primarily in the form of "PARTY GAEM" and "I don't play this game but you guys are playing it wrong. HERE'S how you're supposed to do it"

Needless to say this really pissed off the smash scene so there you go. I'm not as up to date with modern smash (since sm4sh) though. Things have probably changed. In general smash seems to be more accepted and there's more dumb drama now in place of "your game is shit".
>>
TL;DR

>waaaah why cant smash be the main game why does no one like our lame party game?!?!
>>
>still thinking a 15 year old game belongs in a tournament with other new and updated games

I don't see Third Strike on the Evo lineup alongside SFV because everyone else in the fgc are mature enough to adapt and change with the times. Meleefags are cancer who cling to their outdated game because the mere concept of change triggers their autism.
>>
>>345402592
You know who else clings to their game years after its apparent expiration date? Marvel.
>>
>>345394154
SF has had 'the 4 japanese gods' since before smash existed
>>
>>345402828
At least Marvel is still in it's most current iteration. There have been two Smash games since Melee. Let it fucking go.
>>
>>345393586
Because Smash is not a fighting game. As someone who fucking loves Smash, I am not blinded by fanboyisim to see this. Smash is a game you can take somewhat seriously, but the shit involved with "professional" Smash is fucking ridiculous. Also shit community, but while this can be said for the FGC as a whole, but "Smashers" add an extra pinch of "toxic" behaviour to the mix.
>>
>>345402828
It's not their fault disney hasn't let capcom make mvc4.

The fact that the meta is still able to evolve in a game as old as umvc3 is good tho.
>>
>>345402592
third strike >>>>>> sfv though
sfv just attracts more casuals
melee does suck though, sm4sh should take its place
>>
You know that retarded cousin you have who is only allowed at the dinner table because grandma doesn't want to alienate the entire family?

Yeah, that's Smash.
>>
>>345402592
>let's all play the new game no matter how much worse it is!

great idea
this is how SF ended up with 8 frames of input lag

8 fucking frames
>>
>>345403163
I wouldn't be surprised if MvC4 happens relatively soon. Supposedly Disney and Fox are trying to bury the hatchet on the movie side of things, and they're finally letting other studios make Marvel games like Insomniac with Spiderman.
>>
Smash takes way too much time. Theres no way to schedule in SMash effectively.

I recall reading that they wanted the entire top 8 to be best of 5 this year.
>>
>>345403198
you got it reversed
you know that one kid that is only in special education due to slight autism/adhd/etc, but is surrounded by downies? thats smash
>>
>>345403474
>trying to upplay smash's autistic fanbase
>>
>>345403303
And yet the fgc still moves on to the new game because that's life. Meleefags who cling to their old game because they refuse to move on and learn something new are truly pathetic. And expecting anyone else to still care about a 15 year old game is delusional.
>>
>>345403073
Well, the difference is that there's nothing to move onto. Smash 4 plays NOTHING like Melee at any level beyond the most casual and lacks even the most simple of movement options, follow-ups and completely removes the concept of edgehogging and the edgeguarding that goes along with it, along with the complete removal of jump momentum and the incredible reduction of the DI mechanic to the point of nigh irrelevance and there's nothing else that even tries to do anything close to what Melee does.

So, Melee players have literally nothing else to turn to.
>>
>>345403303
isn't that literally worse than brawl?
>>
>>345402592
>>345403186
Yeah, I don't get it. If 3rd Strike is a better game, why not keep playing it and give crapcom a strong incentive to make a better game than it?
>>
File: 1457927104153.png (586 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1457927104153.png
586 KB, 900x900
Somebody set up a goddamn lobby, all this Melee talk is making me want to play and I wanna try out Dolphin 5.0
>>
Whenever Smash is in a tournament things seem to go 'missing' all the time.
They simply have no respect for anything but smash.
>>
>>345393586

It's really only online kiddies.

99% IRL are pretty friendly and respectful to one another because there's actually quite a decent amount of crossover with Melee/Sm4sh and fighting games not called Street Fighter.
>>
>>345403381
Top 8 here was like 2 hours 30 min (Started close to 6:50 PM, ended close to 9:20 PM).

It didn't take all that long at all, especially considering we went to game 5 both sets in grand finals.
>>
>>345393586
Most of them are whiny bitches
>Waaa Waa ban Bayo because I can't figure out how to beat her
>Waaa Waaaa ban Diddy
>The whole ballot wars
>Tons of threads just shitposting other versions

I don't hear people constantly doing the same stuff they do in the Smash fandom.
>>
>>345404036
The first three are Smash 4 exclusive.

The latter is omnipresent though, yeah.
>>
>>345393586

Meleefags and Sm4shfags can't even get along with each other most of the time.

What makes you think Smashfags can get along with the FGCfags too?
>>
>>345403073
there being two newer games after melee has no significance.

>why play banjo kazooie when there's nuts and bolts?? das the newest one xDD :^ )
>>
>>345394221
Despite of whatever FGCfags say, yes. The thing is that MKX is not popular so literally nobody cares about shitposing about it. FGC says "muh traditional fightan > Smash" when only SFV is able to get good numbers.
>>
Because they're all egotistical fucks and don't want to admit that melee is too hard for them.

Seriously. Take any new player, give them any normal fighting game, and it takes no time to teach them the basics of the game. In a few hours, they understand mind games, footsies, the neutral game, etc. Unless you're incredibly gifted, i.e. Borp, it takes about 2 years of practice just to get to that level in Melee. Haven't spent months practicing your wavedashes? Congratz, you've got shit movement in neutral and someone's going to punish you for it. Can't L cancel? Prepare to get wobbled and rested mercilessly. Don't know how to DI out of a combo? Prepare to get 0 to death'd every single stock. You can still do pretty well in a normal fighting game even if you can't do all the frame perfect blocks and one frame links, but you can't do shit in Melee if you don't have OK tech skill. FGC fags try out the game, get bodied, and then don't want to admit that a 15 year old children's game is too hard for them.

Seriously, every time I try to get one of my FGC fag friends into melee, they play a few games, get bodied, and then spend the next few months whining about how broken Melee is to me. I have never seen a group of people scrubbier than the FGC.
>>
>>345404440
SFV's numbers are very exceptional and go above and beyond what can be called "good" numbers. SFV had a record-annihilating 5065 entrants at EVO this year. No other game has ever come close to those numbers in a single tournament; even the next-largest game, Melee, had half the numbers of SFV.

Every mainstage tournament had amazing turnout for their respective games. It's just that people remark about SFV in particular because holy fuck a five-thousand man tournament is insane.
>>
>>345405040
Yes, that's my point, FGC loves their traditional fighting games but the only one they play is SFV
>>
>>345400421
>How are saying no weapons or final smashes allowed is any different from saying a standard attack is banned in an actual fighting game?
Because item spawns aren't like something like Quake, where they are consistent, and on top of that, many of the items are just absurdly strong and can throw matches way off kilter.

A player who is playing amazingly can get fucked over by a randomly exploding capsule randomly spawning on top of him during an up-smash or something, or inversely, a player who is getting absolutely manhandled can get a massive advantage by lucking out with a star spawning right next to him or something.
Same deal with the smash ball, where not only are most of the Final Smashes being pretty damn unbalanced anyways, but they also strongly favor characters who have good air game since you have to interrupt the flow of the match to chase after the damn thing and, again, they spawn randomly AND move randomly, often in a way that may give one player an advantage over the other, simply because the game felt like it.

It takes the outcome of the match farther from the players and the characters, and gives it to RNG, and since the game itself gives the ability to simply toggle such things off, players just do that, and all in all, they seem to be doing fairly well for themselves, over a decade later.

>>345402592
Maybe if Melee's sequels weren't made to play completely differently from Melee, more of the people who loved how Melee played would play them.

A lot of Melee players did give Brawl a chance when it came out, but they ended up just no finding it fun and went back to the game they did find fun.
>>
File: uhhuh.jpg (23 KB, 712x525) Image search: [Google]
uhhuh.jpg
23 KB, 712x525
>>345393586
WELL THE FGC WON'T LET ME BE
>>
File: 1331426049584.png (55 KB, 214x614) Image search: [Google]
1331426049584.png
55 KB, 214x614
>>345405003
>Melee is the height of execution
>Therefore, Melee is the best fighting game
>>
>>345405487
>implying my post implied anything at all about the quality of melee vs. traditional fighters

I don't even really know enough about other fighting games to say that melee is the most execution heavy at the highest level. At a low level, sure, but I've never watched high level traditional fighters and I don't really want to.

I don't know if Melee is the "best" fighting game. It's my favorite, because I like games with smooth, high level and complex movement. I don't really care for traditional fighters, or other smash games, because the movement isn't as fun. I like to scoot.

All I'm saying is that the FGC is full of scrubs who'd rather whine about something being broken than figure out how to deal with it.
>>
>>345400295
Capcom paid for that, not EVO
>>
>>345393586
>Why does the fgc hate smash so much?
They really don't, at least not for the most part.

What I want to know is why smash fans/players want to be part of the fgc so bad
>>
>>345406927
Sponsorships, increasing the player base, big stages, exposure, etc
>>
>>345402592

This is completely false though, just look at Project M. It's only dead now because Nintendo killed it.
>>
>>345407214
That's esports though, not to mention smash is already esports
>>
>>345401171

never seen the purpose in washing more than once a week really
>>
>>345402592
>>345403186
...Do you guys even know how different sm4sh is from Melee?

It's not third strike vs. SFV, not even close. Those games still play relatively similar. Melee and sm4sh are so different they might as well be from different series.
>>
Melee got a sticky
SFV didn't.

Melee is the better game.
>>
>>345393586

I would consider myself a completely casual fighting game fan (just watch big tourneys and nothing else).

Smash is a fucking shitty game to watch. The characters are very small on the screen, the moves are really indistinct, players spend a ton of time off the stage and a large amount of time not on screen, and to top it all off, the game uses a fucking retarded percentage system that is not at all intuitive for viewers trying to figure out what knocks players out.
>>
>>345397660
That's done for every non HD game anon.
>>
>>345405192
>A player who is playing amazingly can get fucked over by a randomly exploding capsule randomly spawning on top of him during an up-smash or something,

A good player learns how to adapt to the situation they're in on the fly.
>>
Guys I want to git gud at Melee but don't have a CRT. What's the best way to get one on the cheap?
>>
>>345393586

Being fast and completely reliant on bugs does not mean its a good fighting game. Also there is absolutely no balance patches for the game so everything that is broken stays broken.
>>
>>345414071
Goodwill.

But dolphin netplay with a <2ms monitor is the best way to git gud
>>
>>345414071
Craig's List/Kajiji. Check out the free shit section first. Right now is garage sale season so check those as well.
>>
>>345393586
One of the best reasons is that they are so separated, like oil and water, Melee requires a CRT setup different from all the other games, it's mechanics are nothing like anything else, and the players there don't have much interest in the traditional games.
>>
>>345393586
Because you faggots are the very definition of autism.
>>
>>345393586
Because melee's community is horrible. Nothing but elitist assholes.
>>
>2016
>the esports meme is still kicking
I can't wait until this dies out so we can enjoy video games again.
>>
>>345416876
There's money in it. It's not a meme and it won't die. You might as well tune it out.
>>
>>345416876
No one is making you not enjoy video games
>>
>>345393586
FGC doesn't hate smash, retarded /v/ermin who don't actually play fighting games just shitpost about it constantly.
>>
>>345405168
what no
uniel, guilty gear, mvc3, and sf are all popular as fuck
>>
>>345418349
So what do you like about smash player then?
>>
>>345418526
>uniel
>popular as fuck

In what world?
>>
>>345412151
Even the best of players can't guess when the game is going to randomly decide it wants to drop an explosive on you from literally nowhere, and if you are already in the start-up of a move when the item spawns, you are shit out of luck.

Also, do you realize what adapting to random items would actually mean?

Everyone would play a shitload safer and lamer since putting out any hitboxes is inherently riskier when you can be potentially blown up from throwing out a jab at some arbitrarily unlucky time. A lot of the game would likely end up being about who can run away and avoid damage while waiting for the game to hopefully hand you an advantage from thin air.
On top of that, most of the high tiers like the spacies or shiek become even stronger than before simply because they are fucking fast and can snag items that don't spawn directly on top of people before other characters could ever hope to.

Shit would be really fucking boring and it would make the balance even more off-kilter than before, on top of just adding a massive unnecessary luck factor to everything, which is why comp players have basically unanimously decided that items don't have a place in, and I would like to emphasize this, comp play.
>>
>>345393915
Nah, if we ever get a recent EXVS release, it'll be played just fine, and it's very different too. In fact, it'll probably be at Evo Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHTd3dt24o8
>>
File: 06d924677c.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
06d924677c.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>345393586
Magic the Gathering players would hate guys that play coin flip if they claimed their game was a deep TCG as well. Magic (SF), Yugioh (Guilty Gear), and Hearthstone (Killer Instinct?) are all trading card games, whether you personally like them or not, flipping a coin is not a TCG no matter how much you claim it is. This is why the FGC hates smashfags. Your insistent terminology.
>>
>>345420345
Your example goes off the ignorance of melee being a simple game, which is not.
>but muh motions
You have motions for movement, and attacks as well, but theyre position specific.
Frankly it would be like those 3 games are TCG while melee is poker. Smash is not a fighting game because its just too different.
>>
>>345421664
But Poker and TCGs are both card games. Smash is a fighter, it just happens to not be an FGC fighter. Squares are rectangles and whatnot.

coincidentally, Poker and Smash are both better than TCG and FGC
>>
>>345397660
The only reason people still follow Melee is for the e-celeb circlejerk
>>
File: 1468789794506.png (64 KB, 369x507) Image search: [Google]
1468789794506.png
64 KB, 369x507
Smash fags everyone
>>
File: 1468790163298.png (124 KB, 832x527) Image search: [Google]
1468790163298.png
124 KB, 832x527
Days since a Smash player molested someone: zero (0)
>>
File: 1466020272084.jpg (26 KB, 510x350) Image search: [Google]
1466020272084.jpg
26 KB, 510x350
>Subbed to EVO twitch on the final day
>All these people whispering me when i said Melee is more fun to watch than Mortal Kombat and Tekken 7
>>
>>345394154
but look how much the documentary inspired other games
>>
Smashfags are to fighting game players as fighting game players are to everyone else.
>>
>>345406278
>melee has a high execution skill floor

where did this meme come from? i'm not even trying to trigger anybody here but it's not as hard as they blow it up to be

we don't see those asshole tekken players brag about their korean juking shit, why do smash autists feel the need to jerk themselves off like this?
>>
>>345424080
Because people seem to be of the persuasion that the more mechanically demanding your game is, the more "legitimate" your game is since it proves the quality of the players. When you've got videos like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8
circulating, then it's not surprising Melee players feel their game is the hottest shit.
>>
smashfags want special treatment specially maylay fags there is still a dedicated sf3 community but if there is a new game doesn't matter how bad we move on instead of screaming on Twitter/tumblr that melee should be special just for 5 or so player melee is at evo. alot of japs like kuroda, rx, kenji obata are sf3 gods but they dont really scream for special place for sf3 you have to move on. because if is old everyone finds its exploits and thry are no longer fixed.
>>
>>345420135
>Evo Japan
what is that
>>
>>345424491
An EVO in Japan
>>
>>345400421
> I am new to competitive video games
>>
>>345424530
Will there be a 1v1 GundamEXVS side event? I want to see how banned certain suits are
>>
>>345424701
We don't know yet.
They literally just announced it and said that they would elaborate on it later.
>>
>>345393586
FGC doesn't hate smash.

They hate smashfags. If the smash community isn't filled with such spergs and egotistic divas who keeps asking for special treatment, they probably wouldn't mind it.
>>
>>345424312
Fuck off Ahmed
>>
Are Meleefats going to try to ban Jiggs if Hbox remains dominant? A lot of them are crying that she makes the game unfun.
>>
>>345404334
Sm4shfag can get along just fine, it's just melee who doesn't like anybody else.
>>
>>345405040
The next largest was Sm4sh. Melee had a few 100's less
>>
>>345424926
I hope so.
>>
>>345395637
>>345395637
>>345394831
Source: Maximillian is an example of an elitist Street fighter fan.
>>
>>345425636
Really

The guy that licks KI ass like no other person?
>>
>>345408164
examples pls
>>
File: my b.png (286 KB, 425x635) Image search: [Google]
my b.png
286 KB, 425x635
I'm actually so mad leffen couldn't come, I think he would have come pretty far this evo
>inb4 le plup samus
>>
>>345393586
Not a fighting.
>>
>>345393586
Because they don't like that a game can be more difficult to play but also somehow more fun to play as well.
>>
>>345424864
>special treatment
>wanting to not be treated like a side event when you have the 2nd most attendants at the event.

It's not special treatment, it's just normal treatment. I don't even like Sm4sh and I know that it got fucked over hard.
>>
>>345426003
Are you riot? Because riot is the only one that can decide what is fun or anti-fun.
>>
>>345425794
Do you really not know?
Smash 4 does not have:
Dashdancing - pivoting without animation lag
Wavedashing - small dash that allows you to do any action from standing
Momentum carried over from jumps - self explanatory
Ledge hogging - if someone is grabbing the ledge, you can still grab it. It pops them off instead
Finite airdodge - you can airdodge as many times as you want while in the air in smash 4

These are core mechanics that make melee faster and smoother, which is why they have short matches of 4 stocks each and smash 4 has 4 minute matches of 2 stocks each
>>
>>345426075
As someone who played SF in the arcade with my friends and got into 3rd strike I can confirm that melee is more fun when you're just messing around. Not like with items but it's more fun to play when you're with your buds. I got out of the FGC in 05 when I was going into highschool and my buddies showed me that melee was technical and shit so I figured I'd try it out. It blew my mind and I was hooked. Idk, it's definitely just an opinion but I think Melee is deeper and more fun to play than traditional fighters.
>>
>>345425785
Not to mention that for a while he just said "fuck it", stopped playing SFV and went back to play Marvel 3 just because he found it more fun.
>>
File: 1429759975940.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429759975940.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1080
There's a segregation between the Smash community and the rest of the FGC because niether groups don't participate or even care (some would argue that they completely disrespect) each other's games. In the defense of the "traditional" fighter fgc, some of the comments said by smashers while i was watching evo in twitch chat were downright nasty and hateful even during SFV's top 8 though. I'm sure most of you would say something like, "twitch chat is full of kids with autism" or whatever, but they are still a part of their respective video game communities.
>>
File: wakarimasenlol.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wakarimasenlol.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
Smash4 can be 3 stocks but people refuse to get good and learn how to fuck people over offstage so everyone is mindlessly assuming that characters get back for free because these so called "top players" refuse to go offstage against other "top players"

Don't watch Smash4 as spectator thing because everyone is still fucking retarded at the game
Watch it as background noise
>>
>>345426979
You are bad
The reason top players don't go offstage against eachother is because ledge trumping is a way for the recovering person to quickly take your stock if you're not careful
>>
>>345424864
this. /thread
>>
File: 1383802692383.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1383802692383.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>>345427156
>me
>bad
Well no shit that I'm bad but these "Top players" are worse than me

>because ledge trumping is a way for the recovering person to quickly take your stock if you're not careful

Nice excuse
>>
>>345405003
>In a few hours, they understand mind games, footsies, the neutral game, etc.

have you played anything besides smash before? or is this just logic coming from your autistic hive mind of smash faggotry?
>>
File: 1455601990500.jpg (15 KB, 337x275) Image search: [Google]
1455601990500.jpg
15 KB, 337x275

I enjoy playing Smash but I've always wanted to try out other fightan games, the issue is that I have no idea how to consistently do proper inputs and whenever I'm in a bind, I just button mash like a little kid. I own Skullgirls and haven't won a single non-AI match because of this. I can't even complete the latter half of the tutorials because combo strings boggle the hell out of me. Even in anime fighters like Naruto, complex commands fuck me up, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>345393586
>>345425394 Heres your answer.
>>
>>345426074
>like a side event
they are being treated exactly like all the other events but that's not good enough for them.
>>
File: 1468795868835.jpg (867 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1468795868835.jpg
867 KB, 960x1280
>>345428308
Spend hours in training mode trying to get combos and execution down into muscle memory, you need to train until you can do them without even needing to think about them.

>but that sounds like work

If you want to get decent at fighting games you HAVE to do it, you can't just put no effort into it and expect to get better.
>>
>>345428620
Is that what it takes? I figured that since I couldn't do it after a few tries, that I was just retarded.

Thanks for the advice anon, I'll get to work.
>>
>>345428308
Don't give up man. Dont focus on learning combos at first. Just try to focus how u can land damage and understand the general spacing and strengths/weaknesses of your character. though combos are important to maximize damage potential, you can get by with quite a lot of wins (at least online) if you take your time to learn traditional fighting game fundamentals first.

on the flip side, I cannot play smash for the life of me even though some of my friends are in love with that game because it feels so different I don't even know what I'm supposed to be thinking when the match starts. still enjoy playing with my friends though
>>
>>345425794

Well, first off, in smash 4, you can't carry the momentum of an air dodge with you to the ground. That means no wave landing and no wave dashing. So there's no "burst movement" characters in sm4sh, like melee luigi. There's no one like Ganon who's slow as fuck but gets sped up like hell because of wavelanding. There's no l canceling or edge canceling, meaning the number of actual actions you can make your character take per minute is greatly reduced. You can't have those crazy chase the guy around the entire stage combos. Nothing in this video can be done in sm4sh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zexwVu-kh-I

A lot of that tech is used to extend punishes. In smash 4, there really aren't the same crazy punish trees and combos like you can get in melee. The lack of combos is really what kills smash 4. Smash 4 is basically just hit a guy over and over again until he's at kill percent, then you hit him with a kill move. In smash 4, the percentage works like a normal fighting game health bar. Get them to a point, then you win. If you try to play melee like that you'll get bopped.

In melee, you need to combo into almost all of your kill moves. No one's getting hit by a random marth f-smash in neutral. Now, if someone's at too high of a percentage, that means that the early hits in your combos will push a guy too far away to get a follow up on them. That means that in certain situations, having more percentage on the other guy can actually be a DISadvantage. It's absolutely nothing like a health bar in a normal fighting game. You can't just chip away at a guy and eventually win like you can in smash 4.

This drastically changes how almost every stock is played. Smash 4 plays much more like a traditional fighter. Win neutral, do a bit of damage, rinse, repeat, until they're dead. At a high level, smash 4 stocks are almost always taken between 100-130%. Get them to kill%, get a kill move off in neutral. There's almost no exceptions. (cont)
>>
>>345428620
Cool picture
>>
>>345428771
Fighting games are literally just muscle memory. After you get that down you can beat 90% of opponents, and the other 10% by learning how to think and predict while executing.
>>
Because smash isn't a real fighting game and literally bullied it's way into evo.

Smash players smell awful
Smash players shit in pools
Smash player molest people
Smash players are entitled cunts
>>
Because the Smash community is cancerous.
>>
>>345428903
In melee, stocks are taken anywhere from 40-180%. They get taken whenever you get the kill. The number of full 0 to death combos that can happen in melee is crazy. It's fast, unpredictable, and it means crazy quick comebacks can happen at anytime. That's just not true in smash 4.

Something like this just couldn't really happen in any game that currently exists other than melee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc

This isn't to say that melee is inherently better than smash 4. To each their own. But melee is an incredibly different game from smash 4. To say that sm4sh is just an updated version of melee is just sort of silly. In terms of pacing and how games actually turn out, smash 4 actually has more in common with traditional fighters than it does with melee.
>>
>>345394154
>shitposts everything that isn't melee into oblivion

Only this point is correct

sadly, i just like videogame
>>
because they come to our events, demanding to be taken seriously, then they don't wash, act like autistic savants, don't enjoy or compete in any of the other games, then they sexually assault people
>>
>>345428435
Except that's not true. They got fucked over pretty hard. If that were the case, Smash fans would have done the same thing last year. Things went over a lot more smoothly in EVO 2015 than it did this year for them.
>>
Because Smash isn't a fighting game.
>>
>>345429002
You just described the FGC and Smash community as a whole. You're all shitheads.
>>
>>345428771
Indeed, any decent player will have spend a huge amount of time in training mode practicing pretty much everything.

Additionally while combos are important for damage, you still need to know how to actually hit your opponent and not get hit yourself. So I recommend watching match videos on youtube or wherever that include your favorite character, you want to analyse what they do in different situations so you can learn what to do if you find yourself in them as well. How do they play the neutral game? How do they get out of pressure? How do they punish whiffed moves? etc. Try to replay parts of the video and or play them back at a slower speed so you can understand what is happening and why the players are doing what they are doing.

And lastly, I will just say that Skullgirls has some long ass combos, so it's best to first learn some short bnbs instead of trying to smash your head against those 100+ hit combos.
>>
>>345429002
>literally bullied it's way into evo.
So donating to cancer research is bullying now?
>>
>>345428771
You'd need to spend hours in training mode practicing things to get good at smash too you know.
>>
Meleefags are the fucking worst, and this is coming from a long time mvc2fag
>>
>>345394154
>>shitposts everything that isn't melee into oblivion
This unfortunately, you can even see it in this thread.
>>
>>345393586
Because no one wants to hear a 20 minute long lecture as to why items should be illegal or that a map other than flat platforms are retarded when all they said was "hey guys, lets play some smash!"

Sure competition is fine and dandy, but when the majority of melee players cant fathom the idea of fun or shinanigans in a game built around random bullshit occurences, no wonder why everyone hates them.

Imagine playing UNO with all but number cards removed, if you play with people who want to play like that, fine. But not everyone wants to.
>>
>>345393586
Because there is literally no reason for it to be run at FGC tournaments, the audiences have almost no overlap, the majority of people into fighting games give zero fucks about it because it's not the same as the games they want to play so it just doesn't interest them, they literally would not be thinking about it if it weren't causing huge blocks of dead time at their tournaments. The only reason they're there is they're desperate for the 'real fighting game' validation being at FGC events brings and the media validation that being at EVO bring when no one gives a fuck about APEX. They want validation and they're willing to essentially pay TOs to get it. Consequently they behave in the most autistic self-important fashion possible, piss and moan about everything, demand shit like 'hand wamies' stations, extra pools, extra streams/time/best of 5 games when they already over run their time slots because of their idiot game setup that takes 3-5 times as long as any other game per match and running multiple versions/teams tournaments as if they've got anything to bargain with other than a horde of idiot children with disposable cash.
>>
>>345429615
Thanks so much for the advice, I've been playing Smash for years and years now so I already know the process of going through and picking a main, I think once I'm able to pass that initial hurdle of figuring out how to actually play a fighting game, I'll fall in the swing of things quick enough.
That being said thanks so much, any time I come to these threads, everyone is so unexpectedly nice to me, I really appreciate it,
>>345429919
It's a bit different in Smash, at least for me. I learn Smash MUs best when actually fighting someone, and I already know how to control my character. I don't really spend that much time in practice mode unless I'm just trying to warm up on a certain stage or something,
>>
>>345428771
You could be just doing it wrong.

I mean, I spend 4 hours first time I got sf4 learning shoryukens only to realize you're supposed to do the Z motion only in the corner instead of the whole space.
>>
>>345393586
Plinking and Wavedashing. The effects are similar, but the reception is different. Both were a player discovery that abuses a glitch in the game's mechanics. Both are practically required for players of the respective games to be tourney viable. Both open up a wide world of possibilities depending on the character and the player that uses them.

But ask most people and they'll agree that Plinking was a stupid thing. For everything it did, it was still an obtuse abuse of a glitch to extend the capabilities of a game. You will not hear this on Wavedashing despite being comparable because it's a core piece of the game as being a "fighting game."

And I really think that's the core of it. Other games have the same level of glitches and exploits as Smash, and if you take those all away it's still a fighting game. You can't say the same for Melee. That, and the fact that the community somehow manages to be worse than the one for fucking TEKKEN, makes it one that the widespread FGC doesn't want to deal with.
>>
S T I N K Y D A Y
T
I
N
K
Y

D
A
Y
>>
>>345430314
>know the process of going through and picking a main
Really now? I've been playing like mad and I still don't have a main.
>>
>>345430407
Plinking wasn't anything to do with 'extending the capabilities of the game'. It didn't allow you to do anything you could do without it. It just makes the bullshit of 1f links marginally less horrible.
>>
File: nice bro.png (265 KB, 428x533) Image search: [Google]
nice bro.png
265 KB, 428x533
>>345430457
For Smash at least, yeah. I'm pretty excited to look for a main in a classic fighter.
I just pick out the character I like most. [/spoiler] So in Melee, Ice Climbers who I use because I think they're adorable, in PM, Ivysaur because I play a mean Ivy in Brawl and I love grass types, and in Smash 4, Villager I love AC, he's been my guy since day 1, and tailor my playstyle to fit them.
>>
>>345430773
>marginally
It was such an issue that you can blame Street Fighter V's string of casualizations all the way back to the requirement of Plinking for 1F Links. It's nothing if not a terrible core mechanic of tourney play for Street Fighter IV but was widely used nonetheless due to how it changed the use of 1F Links.
>>
>>345393586
They hate the community.

I don't think they really give a shit about the game, but if they do complain it's about how long the matches go, and how imbalanced it is.
>>
>>345430773
it makes things so much easier but also makes the barrier of entry that much harder for SFIV
>>
Is it just human nature to argue about which of two very similar but slightly different things is better than the other?
>>
>>345403757
>Turd Strike
>Best SF game
Nah. I'd argue 3S is missing tons of shit that define SF games.
>Zoning is worthless
>Anti-airs can be parried
>Controlling space isn't important, and being cornered isn't a threat
>Everything is an option select

SFV is fine (remember, SF3 had around 8 frames of lag, shitty pacing, horrible balance, and a fucked up grab game until 3S came out)

Also, personal SF tier list:
>GOAT Games
Super Turbo
Alpha 2
HD Remix
Hyper Fighting

>Good Games
Super IV
Third Strike
V
Ultra

>So-So Games
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
Second Impact
Championship Edition
EX2
The Movie (Arcade)

>Outdated, But Not Horrible Games
IV
Arcade Edition
Super II
III
EX
II

>Bad Games
x Tekken
Alpha
Capcom Vs. SNK
EX3
Street Fighter (Original)
The Movie (Home)
>>
>>345403757
it's not the best but it is definitely very fun to watch.

The balance is almost as bad as Melee.
>>
>>345428903
>no edge canceling

That's still in 4. It's commonly found on recovery moves but it's definitely still in.
>>
>>345431206
Yeah, but it's not on aerials.
>>
>>345430782
I've gone through most of the roster, and I can't really get into anyone, and I've been playing since release.
>>
>>345430319
To be fair, the Z motion icon wasn't exactly accurate and did seem to span the whole damn controls.
Finding out it's 623 changes evertything though.
>>
>>345431035
>skub.jpg
>>
>>345393915
No it's because smash babies are the most entitled whiny faggots out there. They demand special treatement constantly and if they don't get their way they will even boo a differen't fighting game going on. They are scum
>>
>>345394221
Their entire booth at evo was empty what do you think?
>>
>>345431659
>fgc
>mornings

Pick one.
>>
>>345393586
Why does the WRC hate toy cars so much?
>>
>>345430887
Yeah the marginally was just me being snippy about plinking being a shitty thing to need to do only made tolerable by how much worse 1f links are to do without it. It's pretty much vital for consistency but there are people would be able to do 1f combos without it.

Plinking is more a symptom than the problem there though, The problem is that 1f links were necessary for a lot of combos which were necessary to be viable on any sort of competitive level. Plinking amplified that but the progression of the high level game probably would have been similar without it, it just would have been less accessible to lower tier players.

Wavedashing is different, it gives you options while moving that the game is specifically designed to disallow with normal movement. It doesn't make something easier, it lets you do something that would be impossible otherwise.
>>
>>345416876
They've been a thing since before you were shot out of your fathers nutsack, they just weren't called e-sports.
>>
1. Liquid|Hungrybox (Jigglypuff)
2. [A]|Armada (Peach, Fox)
3. PG|Plup (Sheik, Fox)
4. C9|Mang0 (Fox)
5. Tempo|S2J (Captain Falcon)
5. FOX.MVG|Mew2King (Sheik, Marth)
7. G2|Westballz (Falco)
7. CLG|PewPewU (Marth)

1. RZR|INFILTRATION (Nash)
2. RZR|Fuudo (R. Mika)
3. yukadon (Nash)
4. HM|GO1-3151 (Chun-Li)
5. LI Joe (Nash)
5. MOV (Chun-Li)
7. HM|Eita (Ken)
7. AW|Nemo (Vega)

Isn't it odd that a 15 year old game has more character diversity than SFV?
>>
>>345432484
I understand what you mean, but overall that's what I'm trying to get at.

The problem is that while the two are comparable in method of input, Wavedashing is much more vital to the core play of Smash not just in a tourney setting, but as a fighting game overall. Many of the people who buy into Melee's cult of personality also state that Wavedashing is a complex maneuver at the basic entry level of actually making the input.

Execution is everything when it all boils down, but the important thing is that Wavedashing as a mechanic is no more complex to actually pull off compared to something like Plinking in SF4, but without it, Melee suffers immensely in its stance as a fighting game.

Namely, it's just a point to say that a heavily lauded core piece of Melee has an equivalent in what is no more than a footnote in Capcom Fighter #398. What they do in execution is different, but ultimately are comparable in a way that makes the depth of options for Melee become all the more shallow.
>>
>>345428308
I started the same and doing DPs and even blocking low was a struggle for me
Right now I can play decently and it's good because the fundamentals and basics transfer to other games so I feel like a lot of doors were open to me when it comes to vidya
>>
>>345433313
It's because it's 15 years old that the character diversity is higher.
>>
>>345393586
Smash, at least with melee is the single most technical fighting game to ever exist. It also requires the most skill. Try all you want, but you can't deny reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8
>>
>>345393915
No. I don't understand why you autists don't realize:

Literally everything about the series screams "don't take me seriously", to the style, the music, the fucking designs, everything.

You'll never get people to accept it as something serious. It's like expecting people to take up fucking competitive Hungry Hungry Hippos at Board Game EVO
>>
>>345431578
let's be fair, its almost always meleefags the ones that have to be told to keep their poos in the loos and jerk over the same old mele-e-celebs and their drama for years, while spilling to sm4sh to shit on it, claiming the game is too passive and shitting on ledge stealing mechanics in the same sentence, while blabbering about airdodges being op
>>
>>345405040
didnt sm4sh have ~9k entrants this very year?
>>
>>345405192
Maybe you shouldn't be trying to play a game built around the core concepts or randomness and pandemonium competitively when it is obviously not intended to be.
>>
>>345434657
Oh man..... so fast........ how could anyone keep up with that........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iNXitepWWU
>>
>>345435128
I agree that meleefags are the worst and should be mocked but HBox did the right thing there.
Fox kills Jiggly at 40% easy. HBox knew that challenging Fox in neutral was just begging to get Usmashed.
I hate how Melee players kept giving HBox shit over it, they're just mad because he didn't play the MU like a fucking Fox ditto.
>>
>>345409351
>waah what is going on, everything is so different
>only watching
you need to know smash to be able to appreciate it.

>>345412151
players adapt to each other more than enough. but with items there's just too much luck involved. if a high tier item drop closer to the opponent than you, you become disadvantaged.
>>
>>345396116
Dont forget they force people they dont think should have won to give trophies back
>>
Wasn't Evo a day or so ago? Who won SSBM?

Should I learn wavedashing before everything else? I try, and try but I only get it to work flawlessly 40% of the time.
Holy shit this game is fun though. It is waayyy harder to pull this shit off than learning strings of combos. Which I have no problem with, I'm just happy to play something different with a humbling learning curve. I've got respect for you dudes now because fuck. x_x

Starting with Sheik. I suppose I should probably just look shit up.
>>
>>345436336
hbox won after 10 games with armada in the grand finals
>>
>>345393586
Perhaps because it's not a fighting game yet takes up a 5 hour Sunday slot at a fighting game tournament that real fighting games could use?
>>
>>345393586
>Why does the fgc hate smash so much?

Because smashfags only care about their own game and actively ruin other games at events.

FGC is a community between several fighting games.

The hate is very justified and smashbabbys need to get their shit straight.
>>
>>345436336
Yeah, start with practicing basic movement stuff like wavedashing, wavelanding, and especially l-cancelling and try to start incorporating it into your play when you think you've got something of a handle on it.

Wavedashing isn't THE most essential technical aspect to begin with (l-cancelling is far more crucial to master at the start), but practicing it will never actually hurt you since once you can do it consistently, it just opens up your movement options.
>>
>>345436815
Melee took two and a half hours (including a ten game grand finals). That's hardly what I'd call an excessive amount of time.

Smash 4 blatantly went over time by a stupidly huge amount, I'll give ya that
>>
Is there any reason to watch any games that aren't SF5 and melee?
Also, why the fuck isn't' SF4 in here?
>>
>>345393586
Because of that shitty "woe is me" attitude, where you faggots act like we're mistreating your game so you become salty as fuck and dismiss the entire fgc for your own circlejerking communities. You faggots act horribly regarding other fighting games as if Melee is the greatest, most complex, most exciting game of all time when it objectively isn't.
The simple fact is that you don't want to actually be a part of the fgc but you want to use the events and publicity for Melee. Smashfags are the only fuckers that don't play games outside of their main franchise; most fgc players play multiple games (mainly because they can actually play fighting games).
>>
>>345437345
can't wait for the eventual player who wins Smash & SF tournament at EVO
>>
>>345437345
>You faggots act horribly regarding other fighting games as if Melee is the greatest, most complex, most exciting game of all time when it objectively isn't.

It is though.
>>
>>345405003
Ihave played melee, Fox main, competitively for many years.

This post is wrong on pretty much everything. Stop pretending melee is harder than it really is.
>>
>>345437118
Having Melee as a main event at all is fucking retarded.
>everyone else plays the newest games and enjoy finding new meta and competition with each installment
>Meleefags refuse to move on and the TOs insist it's more LE HOIYP so we have to have two fucking Smash games
>no one is allowed to complain unless it's about having Smash 4 at the event
Melee needs to be dropped. The only way for people to move on is for events to stop hosting Melee.
>>
>>345405003
>everyone can play semi-pro within a few hours
You don't play fighting games, do you?
>>
>>345437345
>Smashfags are the only fuckers that don't play games outside of their main franchise; most fgc players play multiple games

Because fighting games are a fucking copy pasta from each other. If you know one, then you can easily pick up another one. And that's why street fighter stays strong while other fightan games die right away, people prefer to play the best one. Also, you said that smashfags don't play other fightan games, but do fightanfags play smash? Yeah, I thought so
>>
As much as I like Melee, particularly when watching high level play, L cancelling is just one of those things that I wish the game didn't have. It kind of unnecessarily adds additional execution barrier, and can get punished severely for missing it even once with certain characters' moves. I would rather tweak frame data than make it an near absolute necessity to perform.

Otherwise I'd just like a newer release so that you don't have to carry CRTs along and what not.
>>
>It's another sonyggers mad as Fuck melee had more viewers than SF V thread

Classic
>>
>>345436578
Ah, shit.. well, that's kind of a bummer. Congrats to hbox though I suppose.

>>345436991
Awesome. Thanks man.. I'm going to incorporate it into my routine. I'm a small fish in a pond and this is all pretty overwhelming. Even focusing on where my character is on screen when shit gets heavy is a mild chore. Bout to go ham in training mode.
>>
>>345437586
Meleefags will never move onto smash 4.

They barely even play like games of the same series even at the most basic level and the latter lacks even the most simple movement options that create greater depth in the former (you can't even dash dance in smash 4). Everything that is loved about melee is completely lacking in Smash 4.

Meleefags don't move on because there is ultimately nothing to move on to.
>>
>>345437959
M2K is the only guy worth noting that plays/played all iterations, I guess?
>>
File: 1345280409609.jpg (49 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1345280409609.jpg
49 KB, 480x270
>Most people forget that when SFIII came out, people continued playing SFII or Alpha instead
Pepridge Farm remembers
>>
>>345393586

because nintendo made it, and nothing will ever compete with it.
>>
>>345438229
Yes, but Super Turbo and Alpha weren't 15 years old when Third Strike released.
>>
Because stinky day.
>>
Meleefags don't even like Nintendo games. Prove me wrong
>>
>>345437494
>my game is so deep, check out the APM
>>
>>345393586
Nintenyearolds are generally ill-adjusted and unsocialized.
>>
>>345438229
Original 3 was shit
>>
>>345399670

Didn't SFV ban two stages though?
>>
>>345438363
Training Stage because it's a bore to watch. Beach because you can't see shit in the water which will hopefully be fixed.
>>
>>345438363
One stage blocks the view of the floor and the characters' feet.
Then Training Stage was just banned because TOs are fucking retarded.
>>
>>345438363
Yeah, a beach stage that hides FANG and Birdie's grounded projectiles.

You'd think they know better at this point.
>>
>>345438272
>>345438346
point still stands that some people just don't know when to move on

And if there's a great amount of them, that community will still thrive despite whatever comes out later.
>>
>>345402978
People only circle jerk Daigo though, and even then no one thinks he will win everything
>>
>>345438530
Yeah, but anon probably meant his reign +10 years ago and what not.
>>
>>345393586
Why is smash terminology so fucking stupid

>Wavedashing
>Waveshining
>Shinespiking
>Vectoring
>Wectoring
>Sex Kick
>Sakurai Angle
>John
>Ken Combo
>Dave's stupid rule
>Bidou

It's like a contest to see who can come up with some new 'mechanic' first and name it after some stupid shit
>>
>>345403672

So the FGC will forsake a relatively good game for a relatively shittier game...just because it's new?

For christs sake man, you are literally playing a game just because it's shinier, that's the mark of children, animals, and autists.
>>
>>345426243
>Dancedashing
Jesus fucking Christ this sounds autistic. Just say what it is: an un-intended to be used glitch.
>>
>>345403381

Melee actually ended 1.5 hours ahead of schedule.

If anything, SFV got pushed back because of ESPN more than Melee.
>>
>>345433313
>3 Fox Mains
>2 Sheik Mains
>2 Marth Mains

>3 Nash mains
>2 Chun-Li Mains

what's the problem here
>>
>>345438507
The thing is it's based on what the next game is.

Nobody is going to keep playing Chrono Phantasma when Central Fiction comes out because central fiction is more of an update, and there are still people playing GGXX instead of Xrd because they are different games.

Melee and smash 4 are different games, you don't need to go over to smash 4 just because it's the same franchise and newer.
>>
>>345438695
No, because 1. that's where the money and the biggest playerbase is and 2. new games aren't "shitty" because they're different, they're just a new take on the game that people want to explore and learn.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.