[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have to have natrual talent in order to be good in fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1434428072343.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1434428072343.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
Do you have to have natrual talent in order to be good in fighting games /v/?
>>
No you just need someone to teach you how to play

It can take years for you to fully understand of the options and pros/cons of those options in an oki situation, or someone can explain that shit to you in like 20 minutes.
>>
File: ahem SF.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ahem SF.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>345380386
Fighting games tutorial are garbage for the most part.You need patience and dedication.Go on youtube for help. Isnt SFV supposed to be the easiest SF to get into tho?
>>
The current best player in SF is a product of monster training, not inborn talent.
>>
>>345380386
Talent definitely helps.

I have a group of friends who are all crazy about Street Fighter.

They've played countless thousands of hours of SF3, SF4, SF5.

I've played maybe a hundred hours of each, tops, and I'm leagues above them all.
>>
File: 1468514397722.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1468514397722.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
The only "inborn talent" you need is a competitive nature. Don't get scared by a challenge, get motivated.
>>
>>345384985
how invested are you in it vs. how invested are they in it?

do you check online for tech, combos etc.?
do you watch tournaments and pro players play?

do your friends do any of that?
>>
you have to have two hands and you have to enjoy winning to some extent

and the bare minimum is to be able to do the special moves fast and on reflex
>>
>>345385352
My friends read heaps, always sitting in training mode, talking about new shit they've mastered.

I've never read anything, nor practiced in training modes. I only play with friends, and work stuff out on the fly.

I think it helps that I'm a game developer by trade, so I try break down the games mechanics, and go from there.
>>
>>345380386
You need natural talent to be top tier at any game.

If you want to be good though, no. Problem is fighting game mechanics are so different from everything else, that if you didn't grow up playing them they are very difficult to learn.
>>
>>345385745
But might I add, I pick up a lot of the terminology and tips off them.

The reason i win though, is because my fundamentals are just much better. I am far better at spacing, footsies, mixup, etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.