[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your expectation's of >No Man's Sky What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: no man's land.jpg (125 KB, 600x742) Image search: [Google]
no man's land.jpg
125 KB, 600x742
What are your expectation's of
>No Man's Sky

What game do you think it will most be like?
>>
>>345360000
I think it will deliver on having a bunch of planets to explore but I fully expect the exploration to be boring and get old after a while when you realize there's nothing to do. I think the devs drawing attention to the sheer amount of planets in the game and not the actual gameplay is a warning sign.
>>
I think it will be most like Uncharted Waters. That is, you'll keep in the back of your head good places to buy/sell for maximum profit, while once in a while exploring out and furthering your campaign. On-planet, it'll be more like Minecraft, in that you'll want to keep exploring "that cave," but you know the longer you're out, the more dangerous it gets (nocturnal predators, sentinels, etc). Maybe also in terms of FTL in the sense that requirements will be greater and greater as the game progresses, giving a stressful sense when moving from planet to planet.
>>
>>345360000
I think it'll be a fun way to explore every nook and cranny of. I just hope the dev team were good designers and actually put in a bunch of secrets worth finding. Ever positive thought I have on this game hinges on them doing that correctly.
>>
>>345360440
Will it be something like an intergalactic version of Fallout?
>>
>>345360605
Do you design your own character? Do you level up? Are there classes? Are their optional romances? What all does this shit entail besides exploration?
>>
>>345360000
Dev's side stepping multiplayer questions and showing carefully handpicked gameplay mechanics should be a worry to all.
>>
>>345360674
As far as I know, no one actually knows yet
>>
>>345360815
No. You don't design your own character, but Murray seems to hint that there is some purpose to this, in terms of the endgame/theme, but it's hard to say.

Sean Murray is trying hard to keep it from feeling so "gamey." There are no levels, and there are no strict classes, but there are different modes of play and a progression. You can be a fighter, and explorer, or a trader, and each requires investing time gathering resources and crafting in order to progress. There are no "skill trees" or whatever, and you'll probably end up doing everything, because he wants the experience to feel organic.

He's also likened it to a survival game much more than an exploring one. Think Minecraft/FTL, not Proteus/Space Engine.
>>
>>345360815
The ship is the main thing you upgrade afaik.
>>
>>345360674
https://repo.nmsdb.info/

That other guy's lyign when he says no one knows.
>>
It's gonna be shit because the developers wear glasses and have beards
>>
>>345360865
There is no legit mp and they said this outright.

What more do you want, honestly?
>>
>>345361313
Ship, gun and suit
>>
>>345360865
He's stated very clearly that it is a SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE with mild multiplayer elements a la Demon's Souls signs. There might be something planned for the endgame (as he mentions that you can't see yourself, but other people can see you, while also mentioning that you will never run into anyone in the universe).

Sean Murray is a huge science fiction nerd. Games (and movies) today like to show you EVERYTHING in the trailers, and he doesn't like that. Because a lot of this game is about the excitement from seeing new things. It's not a game you can play forever, it's probably a very distilled experience, despite all the Sony marketing of 18 quintillion planets.
>>
>>345361362
>No Man's Sky is set in a universe
>There are many galaxies to be explored
>All players start in the same galaxy

What did he mean by this? What's at the center of the first galaxy?
>>
>>345360000
Is there any magic or romance in the game?
>>
>>345361426
I'ts more of a kind of this, like that, you can but won't type of anwers. Saw an interview and the guy asks so can I meet a player? uhm, like the game is so big the chances are very very slim, plus you won't be able to recognize it's a player!
Just say yes or no.

>>345361496
I get that, but at least show gameplay of crafting. All i want to see how complex it is.
>>
>>345360000
So is this like Star Trek the video game, only with less emphasis on the characters?

And will there be civilizations to encounter or is it just going to be weird inhuman creatures taht attack you, and you're basically exploring uninhabited uncivilized habitations?
>>
>>345360000
To boldly go where no man has gone before?
>>
I think it's funny how everyone circlejerks around Sean Murray's intentionally vague as fuck answers as A COURTSEY TO US HES NOT ANSWERING QUESTIONS AND BEING PURPOSEFULLY MISINFORMITIVE SO WE CAN EXPLORE IT ALL ON OUR OWN. HES A HUGE SCIFI FAN SO THATS WHY HES DOING THIS

It's called dancing around the question because the answer is not good publicity. Sean Murray is just another Todd Howard/Molyneaux/Shillary. He's not your friend.
>>
>>345362196
You alright there son?
>>
>>345360000

Nice quads.

It will probably be a fun ride for the first few hours of play, and then rapidly degrade once you start noticing assets getting reused. Most like starbound. I'd consider buying it for $15. As is, it has to be magnitudes better than I anticipate to justify purchasing it at $60. Games usually fall short of my expectations, and almost never rise more than slightly above them, so I'm holding out for a fiasco, since internet drama's the only fun I'm likely to get out of it.
>>
File: If2W3A8.jpg (321 KB, 751x404) Image search: [Google]
If2W3A8.jpg
321 KB, 751x404
>>345361983
There's NPC who belongs to factions, you can try to be buddy-buddy with them or not
>>
>>345362196
Sean Murray isn't some grand devils-tongue advertiser hype-machine. He's an austistic faggot who likes Math and gets giddy at the thought that he can give that joy to other people.

What he doesn't understand is that people want to be told exactly what they're paying $60 for. He's not thinking in the eyes of the consumer.
>>
File: Sharron_Angle.jpg (19 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
Sharron_Angle.jpg
19 KB, 300x418
>>345362196
Lol that reminds me of that woman Sharron Angle who ran for Senator in Nevada against Harry Reid, she basically answered all questions with

>You'll find out after you elect me

>you'll find out after you buy the game

kek
>>
>>345362358
I dunno. The algorithms would change up after the first few hours. The certainly playtested it and readjusted to make sure it doesn't get stale. He often says that one of their number one things to work on since so many people complained about it getting stale (via gameplay videos).
>>
>>345362364
Can you marry any of them or romance them or have childrens with them?
>>
>>345362612
She did that because she's a huge politics fan and really loves the exploration of 18 BAZILLION POLICIES. She knows it wouldn't be the same if you got the simple answer you're asking for.

>>345362474
Sure, bud.
>>
>>345362474
>What he doesn't understand is that people want to be told exactly what they're paying $60 for. He's not thinking in the eyes of the consumer.
Which is why his game is top seller on Steam, because people don't want to pay 60 bucks for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 575x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 575x499
>>345362612
>any era
>defeating the only liberal Mormon (who is probably also mobbed up)
>>
>>345360000
Proteus but HD.
>>
>>345362971
No, it's a top seller because people are falling for the hype that's been manufactured around misinformation and outright speculation. The NMS advertising knows exactly what it's doing.
>>
>>345363064
Proteus was my GOTY, so it's all good.
>>
>>345360000
How customizable will this game be?
>>
>>345363167
>misinformation
Please provide examples with sources.
>>
File: 1459470766523.png (996 KB, 880x1262) Image search: [Google]
1459470766523.png
996 KB, 880x1262
>>345360000
Quadtastic thread OP.
>>
>>345360000
It's like Journey, but set in space and without any of the majesty of Journey.
>>
Honestly I might pay 60 dollars for it. I don't want it spoiled, has potential to be the biggest art game of 2k16.
>>
File: creature template.png (324 KB, 781x661) Image search: [Google]
creature template.png
324 KB, 781x661
>>345362663

Forgot pic. How long will this template last before it becomes boring? How many templates are in the game? You can already see assets appearing repeatedly in just this very small swatch. They can say they're seeking greater variety, but that's just meaningless devspeak until proven otherwise.
>>
>>345367439
Clearly that's only for the outer galaxies or "bottom tier" planets. If it looks like it can be from earth, it's early game. Late game you get weird, alien shit.
>>
>>345367439
I'm working on a shitty collage that showcase most creatures we've seen, but I'm too lazy to finish it today.

So far I can say that I've seen a few repetitions but also some weirder aliens things.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.