[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Momodera: Rutm thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
Favorite boss? Area?
Tips?
Momodera thread!

I just got the cat orb, trying to figure out how to get back to that weird looking NPC.
>>
I really liked Derelict Frida's fight. The best area is the Forlorn Monastery.
>>
>>345351515
Derelict Frida was kind of.. Easy.

The summons threw me off, but once you realize you can bait the wolf into Frida's model, you can easily hit both.

I'm kinda stuck, just wandering around now.
>>
>>345351643
I just like the wiggle that Frida does when you beat him. There are harder/more challenging bosses. My second favorite is the secret boss.

The game can be kind of non-linear. If you just got the cat orb you need to backtrack to the forest for sure. Look for a path underground that only cat form can use.
>>
>>345351258
di I really need a controller to play? since I moved to pc I only play all my games with keyboard and mouse
>>
>>345351971
Oh, will do.

I haven't beaten it yet, so yeah. Not sure if the lady in the Church/Monsatery area was an optional boss, the one with the sword? Was a neat fight.
>>
>>345352186
It makes the game so much easier. I couldn't handle the control scheme with KBM
>>
>>345352191
That was a necessary boss. The goal you should have right now is to get all the crest pieces. Check your key items screen, you need four to progress past where you are.
>>
How does the coughing skeletons story end? I found a guy kinda like him near a grave at memorial park but his back was turned and he said nothing so idk if it was him.

Also, I mercy killed the knight girl. Was this the right move?
>>
>>345352471
I've got 3/4 Crests. I'm in the forest now, looking for that cat area.
>>
>>345352591
It doesn't make a difference if you kill her or not, she dies anyway and you get the same item either way. And if I remember correctly doesn't the skeleton guy say he's looking for his wife or something? I think the grave he's standing at is the grave for his wife
>>
Oh, I did it.

Got the final fragment.
>>
>>345353051
That's what I thought about skelly. Thought he might have a more satisfying ending though.

What about the bikini girl? Does anything happen to her after she escapes the city? What about the cat lady, or the guy who said she's his master?
>>
>>345353365
Since you have all the fragment's you're pretty much made in the shade. Explore the map and find the white portal that the crest unlocks and that leads to the rest of the map.
>>
>>345353401
I don't think the game really tells us anything about what happens to them, I guess we can assume that bikini girl just leaves the city and finds a new place to live, I don't know what would have happened to the cat lady, and I don't remember who the guy who said she's his master is. Unfortunately the game doesn't give us much information about the side characters, unless it does and its just hidden well or maybe I just didn't pay enough attention
>>
>>345353921
Yeah, I just did that.

What's up with the music box in the hidden area with all the open chests?
>>
>>345354124
For funsies.
>>
I finished it a few days ago.
Cute game but nothing to call home about.
>>
>>345354054
A lot of it is left in the air, but the game is also set before the other three Momodora games. Could be in the future these characters become recurring.
>>
I really enjoyed the other 3 momodora games, I have rutm ready to launch, what can i expect you guys?
>>
>>345354861
First time playing it, really fun. Enjoying it a lot, I wish there was more side stuff/secrecies or interactions with the NPCs.
>>
>>345354860
I was thinking that those characters might come back, but that would require the next game to be set shortly after Momo 4, which I kinda doubt will happen
>>
>>345355250
There's time travel in M3, so I'm not taking it off the table. I also don't think it matters that much, they're just kind of soulsian characters that come in and leave just as fast.
>>
>>345351258
>play it because of Metriodvania
>it looks like a cutesy game
>combat is fun and balanced
>first boss is a monster girl
>"oh so that's why /v/ likes this."
>get to Kurst City
>*suddenly Bloodborne
>everything hits like a damn fright train
>fucking ominous music doesn't fucking stop
>Fall down a hole and fight a midget
>suddenly tits-witch and I'm slapping knockers with a leaf
>"Oh so that's why /v/ loves this."
>die and think there's just leveling or something I have to do
>nope, this isn't SotN you need to play with your brain turned on
>win and go to a church
>weird people asking me for 15 mums to cleanse my nonexistent sins
>bumble around because it's a metriodvania
>bumbling around is fun
>Find Witch with a lot of pussy
>"Go meet the queen, everyone hates you."
>bumble around into another boss
>Some girl in white with the OoE rapier.
>[PIANO MUSIC INTENSIFIES]

Okay, I like the game now.
>>
>>345351258
do I need to play other games in the series to enjoy it?
>>
>>345358136
No. The first two are free on the dev's website, and the third one is like $2 though, so you can pick them up after if you like it.
>>
>>345358136
this game has story like Doom has story. You're there to stop a plague or a curse or some affliction. That's all you need to know.

You learn everything as you go
>>
Arsonist, Monastery
The optional boss was neat, too.

I loved this game WAY more than I thought I would.
>>
>>345357883

I like this game a lot, even though it's so short.

It's a metroidvania where I actually feel like my exploration is worth a damn and the backtracking isn't annoying back and forth fetch quest to lengthen the game Like Shantae
>>
I'm a sucker for these types of boss themes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm-8LKGVGiY
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.