[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /v/, what do you think about this game? Not the series, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 30
File: header.jpg (44 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
44 KB, 460x215
Ok /v/, what do you think about this game? Not the series, but just the 1st one thats also remastered on current gen.
>>
The best one after 2
>>
Pinnacle of the fixed camera style. Though RE1 is creepier to me. The fluorescent lighting, barely furnished rooms, and terrible voice actors spouting awkward lines that sometimes birder on gibberish give it an alien atmosphere.
>>
>>345350324
Purdy good. One of the most well designed games I can think of.
>>
>REmake > 2 > 3 > 1

That sound right to you guys?

Not hating on 4 onwards, they're just not really RE games in the same way.
>>
File: 1447042244247.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1447042244247.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
>>345351975
>3 > 1
>>
Would you guys recommend this to a newcomer of the series?
>>
>>345351975
For me it's 2>Remake>3>1

Remake is the better game, but 2 is more fun to play. Because almost everything in Remake is designed to fuck you, which is great obviously and makes for a very tense game. But it's not as fun to play. If that makes any sense.

Like after playing Remake for the first time I was exhausted at the end, it was a hell or a ride but one I didn't want to experience again for a while, and I waited like half a year before playing through Chris's Story. While in RE2 I played through Leon's story right after I finished Claire's.

>>345352435
Yeah. I got into the series last October and started with Remake. Now I fucking love the series.
>>
>watched friends play it as kid
>always too afraid to play it myself
>download the PC port
>NOPE.jpg
>uninstall
>buy ps1 game on ebay years ago
>still too afraid to play it

Looked fun as shit but it creeps me out.
>>
>>345351975
Deadly Silence > REmake > 1 > Director's Cut
>>
>>345351975
I want to like 3 more but the QTEs really kill it.

Also Nemesis is OP as fuck near the start.
>>
>>345352435
The remakes absolutely. RE1 and Code Veronica
>>
>>345352843
You shouldn't be. The Resident Evil series might style itself as a horror game but it's more just a survival action adventure game with some puzzle focus.

The tension comes more from the resource management than the actual horror.

>>345353135
>Remake is by far the hardest of the classic games
>still has the easiest bosses
>RE3 is the easiest of the classic games
>has the hardest bosses

Oh Capcum. Well among the numbered titles I mean.
>>
>>345353458
It's the moans that does me. Creeped me out as a 10 year old and now I avoid it like the plague
>>
I feel like getting people to choose between RE1 and REmake is unfair. They are completely different games. They are also both fantastic.

REmake isn't really a remake as much as it is a reimagining. I mean, just look at the openings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3IDaEvS1oY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWo0Hhx07Pc
>>
>>345350324

not as special as the original iteration but everyone likes to suck its dick, personally I think it takes itself way too seriously but I enjoy the improved atmosphere and graphics, I just with the gameplay hadn't had to suffer because of it, the original has speedier characters that run faster and control smoother for some reason, all animations in the remake a slow as fuck and the tank controls really grate here compared to older titles of similar games like Nocturne, Blair Witch Project or Alone in the Dark 4.
>>
>>345353458

everyone knows that resident evil 3 is actually code veronica and that they called last escape "3" just to please sonycucks
>>
File: 1464485189983.jpg (56 KB, 335x363) Image search: [Google]
1464485189983.jpg
56 KB, 335x363
>>345353902

Oh my god that fucking RE1 intro.

You know what, you've convinced me. It really isn't fair to compare them. They're both great in their own ways. RE1 is an amazing campy experience, while REmake is a much darker take.
>>
>>345354245
Bold statement incoming.

People prefer REmake because most of /v/ is too young to have played the original at release and so REmake earns the nostalgia bonus.
>>
>>345353902
>I feel like getting people to choose between RE1 and REmake is unfair. They are completely different games

my thoughts exactly

it's like the wind waker HD remake, it doesn't ovverride the original but the developer seems to want it that way, it's annoying really.

If only GOG could re-release the older games, I'm sick of playing the japanese re-release of sourcenext....
>>
>>345354545
>>345354585
Having said that I still think Deadly Silence is the definitive version of the original.
>>
>>345354567

yup
>>
>>345353902
What is the best way to play RE1 these days anyways?

I emulated the gamecube version of 2-3 on since it seemed the best and easiest option.
>>
>>345354567
To be fair. It is the better game. RE1 has it's charm, but it's not nearly as well designed.

My favorite will always be RE3 because nostalgia.
>>
I know this isn't the normal opinion, but I played through the entire series recently and found this one to be boring as fuck. 2, 3, CV, and 0 were all much more fun to me, as far as the original style is concerned.
>>
>>345354792
See
>>345354723

If you can actually pick up a copy or if you have an R4. Deadly Silence is basically the same as the original but with an on screen map. Only gripe is that the blood is set to green by default and if you start a game without changing it to red and save it you can't change it. So it's still best version in my eyes, just remember to change the blood before you start.
>>
>>345355038
Isn't that version a bit gimmicky and shit?

Not to mention emulating the DS is never a particularly enjoyable experience.
>>
>>345355480
That's right I forgot to mention. There is a DS mode and a classic mode. Classic mode is the original game completely intact and basically untrouched including the game play. DS mode is the gimmicky mode with touch screen knife battles and shit.

The original game is still there in its true form though.
>>
>>345355480
There's a classic mode that dispenses with all the gimmicks.
>>
>>345355679
Having said that, if you're just going to emulate just get the original version. Emulating the DS is a thoroughly unpleasant experience.
>>
File: dunce.jpg (29 KB, 446x336) Image search: [Google]
dunce.jpg
29 KB, 446x336
>Alternate between vanilla and REmake whenever I feel like replaying RE1.
>Keep fucking up differences between the two.

Last time I played the original I spent an hour wandering around searching for the second half of the sheet music before realizing it didn't exist.
>>
>>345355869
I'd say emulate the Gamecube re-release since that version doesn't have PS1 3D wonkyness.
>>
>>345350324
Even with the remastered everything, the tripe way the gameplay balances against the story progression is generally primitive and shit. You just can't proceed forward in certain instances, you have to go about it exactly how the game wants so certain story elements trigger, and etc.

Great game and it holds up well [for it's genre] but it's by no means flawless.

also the camera angle isn't inherently amazing. It adds hardly anything to the environment/vibe and absolutely nothing to the gameplay.
>>
>>345355679
>>345355698
So, why would I play that over say, the Windows version since it's classic but with better graphics?

>>345355869
Yeah. Man, I wish I had some writable CD's I could burn so I could bust out my old PS1 and play it on that.

>>345356147
Wait, is there a GC re-release for RE1? I thought only 2-3 got ported.
>>
>>345356147
Anon, I am encouraging playing REmake and RE1. This is about the best version of RE1 that isn't REmake due to REmake being effectively a different game.
>>
File: Can go through loading doors.png (101 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Can go through loading doors.png
101 KB, 225x225
>>345351975
In my opinion it's REmake>=3>2>1. Nemesis made me tinfoil hat levels of paranoid for the longest time. Although most of it was because I was retarded enough to believe one of "that kid's" lies in regards to how he spawns.
>>
>>345356287
Deadly Silence I think is the best version of the original because it is handheld and because of the on screen map. Other than that though, if you can't play it on a DS then it doesn't matter.
>>
The original one made for Gamecube was better. Maybe one of the best remakes i've ever seen out there.

The Next-Gen port is just meh.
>>
>>345356892
It's the same exact game, just with less nostalgia.
>>
>>345356236
>You just can't proceed forward in certain instances, you have to go about it exactly how the game wants so certain story elements trigger, and etc.

can you elaborate?
>>
10/10
>>
RE1 had spookier music than REmake, prove me wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKp9w8v7zY8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY9Ea5X4gD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU-UbvIpNL0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eULq80Prwg

And my personal favourite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7pbNYYs47U
>>
>>345358437
Not being able to leave certain areas because the game wants me to trigger a cutscene. It's classic PS1 era shit.
>>
>>345358704

>Someone posted RE music
>Doesn't post the meme one

I'm proud of you.

The Joy of Life is super fucking spooky man.
>>
>>345359081
It's the fucking execution. How it slowly fades in when you fuck up and you have to bolt round this long ass corridor to not get your eyes pecked out.

Also it's still early.
>>
>>345356371
What did "that kid" tell you
>>
>>345352435
I can't recommend REmake enough, and I only got into the series starting with 4. REmake is a quintessential survival horror that improves on everything from the original version. I still enjoy 4's style, but REmake is the best of the original fixed-camera style.
>>
>>345359782
>that improves on everything from the original version
Let me stop you right fucking there. They removed and dumbed down exactly one half of the puzzles in the original, the most infamous being replacing the 6 medallions with those 2 that were made of 2 pieces.

Also it has been said but in REmake the bosses are easy as fuck and I don't think it has been said but the hunters in REmake are also much weaker and less abundant.
>>
>>345353902
>REmake is a reimagining of RE1...

>What is a remake...

>What's the difference between remake, port and remaster...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>345360017
>They removed and dumbed down exactly one half of the puzzles in the original

What. They added more and made some of the originals more complicated. Just look at the armor room.
>>
>>345350653
You just earned your dick sucked from that opinion.
>>
>>345360529
A remake is a remake. A remake can be the same game.

Remake means it was made from the ground up. Mario 64 DS is a remake. It uses none of the original resources from the N64 version.

REmake is a reimagining because it is distinct enough from the original to stand as its own game in both design and in tone.
>>
>>345360017
This is called "my memory of being a stupid child is inaccurate and made everything seem way more difficult".
>>
Real talk. The dick sucking of 2 is less justified than the dick sucking of REmake.

2 turns into a straight line after the police station and they traded depth for replayability.
>>
>>345361001
Actually I played REmake and Resident Evil 1 more or less one after the other.
>>
>>345360629
Getting these pieces to fit together was annoying as fuck
>>
>>345361053
And it worked. 2 as well as 3 are more fun to play than 1 or REmake
>>
>>345350324
>remastered on current gen
You mean the GCN REmake?
>>
The way the OP phrased his post makes me worry that people are starting to forget that REmake is not RE1 and that people are going to just avoid the original because REmake babbies that haven't even played the original are telling them they are the same game but REmake is the best version.
>>
>there are people in this very thread who don't replay original RE1/DC and REmake on equal amount

Original is essential experience desu, it feels more claustrophobic and spooky/eerie than REmake. Gameplay is just as tight. It's like you don't want to pick on all the little details.
>>
I'm playing Resident Evil HD now. It's nearly impossible without a guide. You can tell it's really old based on the mechanics. Even with all the bad aspects of the game, I still think it's enjoyable and worth playing.
>>
>>345361053
>straight line

Every RE game does that near the end. Even then it doesn't matter, the pacing, the fucking background art of RE2, the lab backgrounds, the fate of Birkins, the fucking soundtrack, the tone and atmosphere.. unfuckingmatched lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQICKJNOiw
>>
File: latest.png (316 KB, 303x1000) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
316 KB, 303x1000
>>345350324
haven't played the REmake, played it on ps1 and DS (which was just called Deadly Silence heh).
RE:0 is better, especially the remake on PC. Rebecca Chambers best girl.
>>
>>345362412
>It's nearly impossible without a guide

This must be a fucking bait.
>>
>>345361937
It's the same story, characters, setting, and premise, built from the ground up on different hardware with some changes to puzzles and new enemies like Crimson Heads.
>>
>>345352435
I would not. It's hard to get used to if you're not used to that generation of gameplay. If you've played PS1 and N64 games, it might be worth checking out.
>>
>>345362412
>Needing a guide for REmake

How? It's a rather small game world and rooms on the map are color-coded to let you know if you missed something.
>>
File: 1301702883938.jpg (28 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1301702883938.jpg
28 KB, 500x374
I'm picking up my stream of it at 7 central. We just got to Lisa's cabin. If anyone wants to come watch.
>>
>>345362730
It's the same story, characters, setting and premise completely remade differently as a different game.
>>
>>345362508
People don't quite grasp that when we say that RE2 is the best, we don't mean the spookiest. Even through it's on even grounds with RE1 in those regards too.

RE2 is just a perfect experience. It's not meant to be streamed, or watched on youtube, or emulated on shitty broken emulator plugins. Just play it in the dark, on real hardware, on a CRT TV so that you can admire the visuals, with cranked up audio. Few games come close to the experience.
>>
>>345362853
ETA for us first worders and link
>>
>>345351227
>The fluorescent lighting, barely furnished rooms, and terrible voice actors spouting awkward lines that sometimes birder on gibberish give it an alien atmosphere.

Never thought of it that way, but that's an interesting take. Kind of reminds me of people who say that HP Lovecraft's bloated writing and odd dialogue add to the otherworldly atmosphere of his stories even if it wasn't entirely intended.

I'm kind of surprised at the number of people who really like the original RE1 here. It was my first exposure to the series and it terrified me as a kid, but nowadays I consider it one of the least interesting games in the main series (excluding the fmv sequences which are incredible in their own way). REmake really made it obsolete for me, and I do think overall it's pretty skippable for a casual fan of the series.
>>
>>345362508
The synths or whatever that are used on the RE2 soundtrack sound so lifeless and alien. It's perfect.
>>
>>345350653
This is the only real answer.
>>
>>345363019
in 2 hours and 27 minutes.

twitch tv/drmasonslab
>>
File: goodness.jpg (157 KB, 1024x510) Image search: [Google]
goodness.jpg
157 KB, 1024x510
>>345363290
just go live now negro
>>
>>345363290
followed.
don't let me down you pigfucker.
>>
>>345362871
Oh I get that it is a pretty good game, but for me it has the same problem Silent Hill 3 has. One half, maybe more, of the game is completely linear. Once you leave the police station you just get shuffled from one area to the next in a straight line with no opportunity to explore or really take anything in. It's certainly not as linear as Silent Hill 3 was before you reach the Missionary but it really hurts the experience for me. Also you get the magnum way too early.

Hunk mode is still goat though.
>>
>>345362860
I'm not sure exactly why I made the last post. I think what I meant to say was RE1 and REmake are different but no one's going to forget the original version despite people recommending REmake as their preferred way to experience the events of the first Resident Evil.
>>
>>345363413
Sorry man, Im cooking dinner atm.
>>
>>345363239
Agreed.

I also have a very soft spot for the Credits A tune. I love those (slightly) cheesy ending songs in RE series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHk5iwAmzMg
>>
>>345362852
Having to examine items. How am I suppose to know that I have to rotate something and then press enter on a certain section?

Finding the missing piece of music sheet is impossible without someone telling you were to go.

If I had not played other Resident Evil games, it would be impossible for me to beat. I do not recommend this game to newcomers.
>>
Should I play REmake on Dolphin or nuREmake?
>>
>>345362853
I wasted on my ammo thinking I could kill her. Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>345363837
By not having ADD, holy shit.

You are why games are shit now. The age old rule of "try literally everything" is important to games and important to life.
>>
>>345363852
Depends on PC strength and such.
>>
>>345354245
>the original has speedier characters that run faster and control smoother for some reason, all animations in the remake a slow as fuck and the tank controls really grate here compared to
Look at this faggot try to fit in as hard as he can, with his bullshit.
>>
>>345364019
>try literally everything

I'm not a teenager anymore. I don't have time for that. Ain't nobody got time for that. Developers know their audience is getting old and make their games for people with jobs.
>>
File: 1459264463383.jpg (41 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1459264463383.jpg
41 KB, 450x600
>>345350324
It was pretty swell 2bh.

Look forward to the second remake.
>>
>reminder that CV has the best save room theme
https://youtu.be/U4ZPHtzmvCE
>>
>>345363837
With some items it doesn't matter like the keys and gives a bit more info to the person who thoroughly examines these odd trinkets and keys. With the sheet music, I examined it because I already opened up the book from the fire tomb in the cemetery, letting me know I can open book-like items for further inspection.
>>
>>345364339
I have a good pc and can emulate it fine. Just wondering which one is better.
>>
>>345363501
I see your point and I agree to some degree. As early as you get the magnum, you still don't get that much ammo for it throughout the game.

Take into account that RE2 ( and other RE games) difficulty is meant to be judged on the blind playthrough. It's easy to bask in ammo on subsequent playthroughs, its the very first one that is meant to be judged. On subsequent replays RE2 is even more so easy than other RE games - unless you play it on hard (aka nightmare) mode. It's only available on PC and Dreamcast versions. Zombies take a random amount between 1 and 25 handgun rounds to die, you get less ammo per any ammo item, less health etc.
>>
>>345364484
RE2fag here, gotta agree. This is the comfiest shit ever made, only rivaled by Zero's save theme. Close 2nd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW-fy9-eGNo
>>
>>345363837
>Finding the missing piece of music sheet is impossible without someone telling you were to go.

>Enter dark room with a candle in the center
>Light up the candle placed on the table.
>See shelf that isn't pre-rendered like everything else in the room.
>>
>>345364506
It doesn't emulate flawlessly so honestly I'd recommend any legit version over emu.
>>
>>345362871
>CRT makes for better visuals
Wrong. Different ≠ better.
>>
>>345364780
>Light up the candle placed on the table.

That was my problem. I thought it was just a room decoration.
>>
>>345364916
Contrarian I will not be easily baited like this.
Prerendered backgrounds look so much less pixelated, more high-res and generally softer on CRT. Emulating classic RE games looks like fucking cancer.
>>
>>345364019
>>345364458
He has a point. RE1 has a lot of point and click shit that most people naturally don't like.
>>
>>345363078
I played re1 for the first time last year and I think it still holds up pretty well.
>>
>>345365139
I played 2 & 3 on my OLED vita and they were beautiful
>>
>>345364363

Nice rebuttal with zero arguments, don't forget your lance on the way out sir fagalot.
>>
>>345365291
Ofcourse they were, that screen is tiny as fuck.
>>
>>345354921

the design is the same, what changes is the production value and the fact that the remake was made by pretty much the same people but with more experience and money, that's why it's loved so much, although some things in the remake were unnecessary like that bullshit shark.
>>
>>345363078

If someone can only be bothered to play one version I'd suggest REmake. But RE1 is still great and I think the context it gives REmake is important.
>>
>>345365820
What shark? The one you electrocute?
>>
>>345365026
>room is dark
>notice a candlestick is visible on the table
>"maybe I can light it with my lighter to brighten the room"
>it works

There is a sense of logic present. I'd try the same thing if the lights were out and I found some candles and had my lighter present. Maybe horror movies have conditioned me to light some candles but regardless it's still logical.
>>
>>345365820
>the design is the same
Will people at least play both games before they spout nonsense like this?
>>
>>345365429
Why bother replying to fallacies with arguments? You're the one making ridiculous claims, the burden of proof is on you. None of what you posted about REmake is even remotely true. Then you digressed comparing to other series like the special needs child you are.
>>
>>345365026
>Can't examine anything else in the room without the game saying it's too dark to get a good look.
>surely this light source that could be used with the lighter i'm guaranteed to have by this point in the game is merely decoration
>>
>>345366129

>lol ur just wrong and stoopid u just haet everythn LOL!

ok I'll stop even replying to you, waste of oxygen
>>
>>345366285
>reductio ad absurdum
Great going there, corky.
>>
>>345366101

If you are ignorant of what game design means then it's your fucking fault, I'm playing both games in parallel right now and the fucking design is the same, it's literally the same game, they just changed some puzzles like the masks and the laboratory + lisa trevor and added crimson heads, stop pretending it's a masterpiece of new and bright ideas you cum guzzling fanboy.
>>
>>345366525
What the fuck are you smoking? The entire mansion was fucking rearranged.
>>
>>345366721

I rearranged ur mom last night.
>>
>>345366721

The ENTIRE thing? So there is no similarities at all? No two rooms in the same place, no two keys used at the same points? 100% completely new, right?
>>
What control scheme is the best?
>>
>>345350324
top 5 favorite games of all time, really hope that the remake of 2 is actually done in the same fashion because I like RE2 more than the original RE1 but I prefer REmake to RE2.
>>
File: Resident Evil Mansion Map.png (385 KB, 696x451) Image search: [Google]
Resident Evil Mansion Map.png
385 KB, 696x451
>>345366721

Original
>>
File: rem5.png (135 KB, 583x353) Image search: [Google]
rem5.png
135 KB, 583x353
Remake. So can you please go over all the differences for me?
>>
>>345367082
I prefer the tank controls because it makes the most sense due to the fixed camera angles
>>
>>345350324
I bought the Ds version thinking it would be RE4 on handheld. Played for like 15 minutes and then threw it in the trash
>>
>>345367504

The new controls can work well once you get used to the conservation of direction rules. I'm actually better with the new controls now.
>>
>>345367440
Nice try. But the lay out is not representative of the actual game. Like 3/4 of that shit is different in game.

Also that is just the first floor. The upstairs and the courtyard were completely revamped because of the Lisa bullshit and the addition of the library to house the new Yawn fight. The only area that is outright the same is the area leading up to the Black Tiger.
>>
>>345367921

You said rearranged, which implies a change in layout.

I accept your apology.
>>
File: 233-1.jpg (51 KB, 300x329) Image search: [Google]
233-1.jpg
51 KB, 300x329
>>345367320
>original
>the courtyard to the death mask room and second west staircase rooms are there.
>>
>>345368094
I can rearrange my house without knocking down the walls you fart catcher.
>>
>>345353602

This. For me, Resident Evil is scarier than Silent Hill just for the gore and the monsters sounds and looking. Fuck your boring "psychological horror".
>>
Quality storytelling, a lot of little nuances and niche, kitsch appreciations such as font choice, typewriters and attention to maps.

Literal 10/10 for cinematic gaming, it's what all cinematic experiences should take from in some way shape or form.
>>
>>345366721
>Rearranged

Not really, the big and base rooms are all still there, they just added a few new hallways and expanded some areas.
>>
File: 4ae[2].jpg (107 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
4ae[2].jpg
107 KB, 800x900
>tfw gf is super against vidya
>all I want is a gf who wants to play old RE with me while failing all the time and being cutesy about it as I give her tips and help her

life is hard
>>
>>345368112
Really makes you think. Also note the removal of the bejewelled tiger head as the magnum was moved to the woods.
>>
>>345368349

Fuck off, normie.
>>
File: 1463014780153.gif (99 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1463014780153.gif
99 KB, 350x300
>pirate REmake since I already bought RE1 fucking twice
>spend 4 hours replacing .dll files and moving files around
>finally run it
>intro cinematic lags the fuck out
>put every setting in lowest
>intro doesn't lag anymore but audio is 1 second behind
>finally arrive at the mansion
>game runs at 4fps
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>345368513
why so rude
>>
>>345368713

So buy the game poorfag.
>>
>>345368796
Why would he buy it a third time?
>>
>>345368713
the game's internal resolution is locked to 1440p, you need mods to override that
and those mods only work on non pirated versions
>>
File: 1450412871403.gif (355 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450412871403.gif
355 KB, 500x500
>>345368796
Three fucking times? I already bought it on PS1 and GC.
>>
File: 1417911861742.jpg (8 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1417911861742.jpg
8 KB, 217x250
>>345368713
>Tfw have a vidya bro who I play vidya with
>I sold him my copy of REmake
>I can just borrow it any time I want
>It's not even scummy because the dude borrows my vidya too
>Have a mutual vidya bro
>>
>>345369003
>>345368948

So it will work and to encourage the RE2 Remake.

Stop acting like $20 is the end of the world.
>>
>>345368948
its a different fucking game, not a shitty ps3 upscale you dingus
>>
>>345368741

Because you have a girlfriend, i don't and you even want a new one. Fuck you.
>>
>>345368480

The tiger is still there. It just swapped out the original's rewards for shotgun shells, an MO disc, and snakes on your ass.
>>
>>345369168
I worked hard on getting her you little shit, I got rejected 16 times in a row prior to her. Meanwhile you are jacking off to anime girls with your cheeto stained fingers every friday night instead of putting in the effort.

Fuck you you entitled cunt.
>>
>>345369092
Okay okay I'll buy it. When I manage to get it over 20fps.

>>345369017
You remind me of a cousin of mine that used to buy stolen console games for $15. Out of the 70ish games in my PS3 profile 50 are his.
>>
I think the original RE on PS1 is worth playing because the dialogue and acting is so bad it's good. Also the mansion has a lot of rooms that look completely different in style to other rooms and it gives it a weird feeling, REmake has a consistent style. I like REmake the best but I still think PS1 RE is worth it.
>>
>>345369486
Most appeal that REmake has is designed around fooling the player who already experienced RE1. It's meant to supplement it, not replace it.
>>
>>345369589
Exactly, I remember the part where the dogs jump through the window in RE1 doesn't happen in REmake and the whole time you are expecting it to happen but it doesn't.
>>
File: Jill playing Jill in REmake.jpg (85 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Jill playing Jill in REmake.jpg
85 KB, 640x640
>>345369589
This is true, and most of these people who recommend to skip RE1 don't understand this at all which is why I always say to play RE1 and then REmake down the line.
>>
>>345370034
>Go through dog hallway a second time in REmake
>On some playthroughs the place will remain empty.
>On some playthroughs they will actually finally jump through.

What the fuck triggers them?
>>
>>345370034
Didn't they completely decimate the crow puzzle in REmake?
>>
>>345352916
Director's Cut isn't Dualshock version, you child. DC is a direct improvement over 1.
>>
>>345370428
if you go the intended route, the glass will break and that's it. If you go back into the dog hallways, the dogs will burst throught iirc
>>
>>345370497
>Direct improvement
Charlie_browns_parents_having_sex.mp3
>>
File: the beccy.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the beccy.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
I'm gonna marry Rebecca Chambers!
>>
>>345370438
I don't think so, I am pretty sure the original was a puzzle involving going from infant to old man. It was still very easy, they changed it in REmake because they expected old fans to be dissapointed if all of the puzzles were the exact same.
>>
>>345370881
I know for certain there wasn't a REmake version of the Joy of Life which was one of the spookiest parts of the original.
>>
>>345370438
>Original: Push buttons on pictures of a man aging in the correct order.
>REmake: Push buttons on pictures so the colors of the jewelry on them change to match the main picture.
>>
>>345371160
You also don't clip through Hunters and Chimairas in RE1. REmake is easy as fuck due to it, just run in a straight line.
>>
>>345370574
This, you can go back through the same path 100x and they will never jump through the window, it's only when you go back towards the mansion entrance through that hallway that they'll jump through the glass.
>>
>>345371090
Yeah that's what I meant, they change it to stained glass that you have to light up the proper colors. It didn't have the same atmosphere as the original though especially because the spooky music doesn't play.
>>
File: 1367427777615.png (138 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1367427777615.png
138 KB, 300x400
>>345350324
I was going to finally play through the RE serires over summer seeing as the only ones I had played were 1 and 4. I got this and RE0 on PSN seing as they come together, I really enjoyed this but RE0 was such a boring, unfun mess that it completely killed my motivation to play the others, it killed my motivation to play any games for that matter. At least Rebecca was a qt.
>>
>>345371470
RE0 is the worst in the series

6 is a more enjoyable experience.

2 is usually considered the best after REmake, you should play that.
>>
>>345371470

0 is the worst classic RE.
>>
>>345371778

I liked what I played of 0 but I stopped at the part where you fight a bat boss after a bridge, and I just don't have any fucking ammo and I don't think I can go back at all so I'm stuck.
>>
>>345371470
RE:0 is where the story started to go completely downhill in my opinion. The stuff with the leeches and James were so fucking unnecessary.
>>
>>345359384
That Nemesis can attack you in save rooms if you take too long in them. Dumb, but I was playing the game at a young age and was also paranoid when I realized Nemesis could follow you through doors.
>>
File: 1459618203722.gif (49 KB, 100x99) Image search: [Google]
1459618203722.gif
49 KB, 100x99
Dino Crisis is the best classic Resident Evil game.
>>
File: jesse.jpg (397 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
jesse.jpg
397 KB, 576x768
>you have played through every RE and RE-clone title so many times that you will be devoid of the experience for the rest of your life now
>>
>>345372176
It's hard to have a cohesive universe, vibe and direction when every single title in the series was directed and written by different people.

RE2 and 3 were believable. I wish they stuck with spoopy corporation sandbox.
>>
>>345372425

You've played T.R.A.G before?
>>
>>345372337
It's definitely better than 1 at least
>>
>>345372337
That's not Alone in the Dark 4.
Also Dino Crisis 2 > DC1
>>
>>345370610
The alternate soundtrack is only in the Dualshock version, although t's not like you played either anyway so it's not like you'd have any way of knowing. Please learn yourself something you dense shit.
>>
I liked replaying REmaster so much, that I actually bought RE:0 HD, thinking that it must not have been that bad.

I mean, it isn't, but WHY do things take up two blocks and WHY did they get rid of item boxes?
>>
>>345372337
Dino Crisis is much more intense, but that's kind of obvious. Raptors are a bigger threat than slow-moving zombies.
>>
>>345372176

I'd say Code Veronica is where the story started going to shit, but at least its plot was stupid in an entertaining way.

>Opens with Claire running from a fucking helicopter.
>Neo Wesker
>Crossdressing effeminate villain and his twin ant sister
>Suddenly Antarctica
>Hulk Steve

RE0 plot was stupid AND boring in comparison.
>>
>>345372751
There are items in RE2 that take two blocks too.
>>
>>345372537
I hear you, the thought that all these monsters were the result of a coporation messing around with foetuses and shit was what made it so unsettling and Nemesis was the culmination of that. The perfect product.

And from that point on they just have no fucking idea what to do and you can really feel it. Every game since Nemesis has felt like it is trying to pull the story in a different direction.
>>
>>345372861
I can't quite remember, but wasn't it only the SMG that was like that? For reference I only recently replayed the Leon campaign.
>>
>>345372861

Yeah but those are generally overpowered guns. Not a shittier version of a shotgun and a key item you need at several points during the game.
>>
File: RE3EpiloguesJapaneseSheet[1].png (743 KB, 644x1272) Image search: [Google]
RE3EpiloguesJapaneseSheet[1].png
743 KB, 644x1272
>>345372790
Difference being that if you ignore the CV plot and shitty matrix action movie factor, you are still left with a rather excellent RE experience. Bonus points for the dreamcast charm.

>>345372906
Even Nemesis was pushing it. I love the game and its probably my favorite one to replay, despite 2 being overall favorite, but there is something about Bioweapons using firearms that just doesn't gel with me. Great game, just a small nitpick.

>>345373190
Hmmm endgame B scenario rocket launcher too, sparkgun too doesn't it, as well as flamethrower. Point being, its not a new thing.
>>
>>345373202
Yeah but with two combined characters you still have more inventory room than in previous games. Just have one carry the important shit and be a mule.
>>
File: 1024x768.jpg (116 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
1024x768.jpg
116 KB, 960x768
>>345373507
Nemesis was what they they wanted from the start though. It was the final result of all that Tyrant shit and the Raccoon City incident was the perfect cover to test it. Even Mr X wasn't quite finished as it was too slow and stupid.

Although don't misunderstand me, I fucking love Mr X. Mr X is hilarious.
>>
>>345373912
Nemesis is Mr X perfected. Though Mr X aesthetic I find to be much spoopier and effective. I get and appreciate Nemesis latter forms (bazooka form etc) because it keeps him fresh with every encounter, but just saying.

RE2 perfected everything for me. Desolate vibe, fucked up experiments, contained environments with self-isolated tragedies (Can't help but feel sad for Birkin and his wife ultimately).
>>
>>345373507
Okay I remember the flamethrower, but the game-ending rocket really shouldn't count.

Thing is that you have the stupid hookshot and shotgun, which aren't one-off weapons, using 4 of your 12 slots at any given time.
>>
>>345374316
But you use hookshot exactly twice in the game. Just drop it wherever, you can always look it up on the map when the need arises.
>>
>>345374296
It was just to show Nemesis was evolving in the fly. Nemesis would have been better if there was a scene that showed a bunch of investors sitting around watching Nemesis hunt and evolve only to get obliterated by him at the end.

I also think Nemesis was a better final boss than Birkin. Something about hitting him with that railgun was just so fucking satisfying.
>>
>>345373507
We really need a Hunk-centric game. I think his character and the situations he's experienced would really work with the RE6 combat system.
>>
>>345374661
Only if the final boss is a bare knuckle fist fight against a tyrant.
>>
>>345374471
Fair enough I guess, but I still don't see why they removed item boxes and also give you 0 warning of when a boss fight is going to happen. At least twice they pop out bosses on you and figure, "Welp, I hope you happen to have that magnum and grenade launcher".
>>
>>345374656
>imblyin that melting Mr X wasn't satisfying AF in that lava thingy

Also Birkin forms is some of the most ingenious monster design in the genre.
>>
>>345374809
Only if it ends with a cheeky boot-knife to the face.
>>
>>345350653
First post best post
>>
Alright my dudes the REmake stream begins a little earlier than Id first planned, go ahead and get in here if you want. twitch tv/drmasonslab
>>
>>345356147
You can eliminate ps1 polygon jitter through emulators with a specific 3d plugin.
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.