[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will you play it when it comes out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 13
File: tmp_9229-header(3)591597967.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9229-header(3)591597967.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Will you play it when it comes out?
>>
Can't exactly play it before it comes out, can we?
>>
Yeah, I love space games. Specially ones where you can fly around the planets and stuff.

I'm hoping Elite gets updated with more planet types to fly down to. So far they just have airless rocky wastes.
>>
>>345349674
"play" is such an abstract word
>>
i am going to crack it
no multyplayer
no survival gameplay
just go around
it looks good, but not 50$ good
(i like the dick)
>>
>>345349674
When a good pirated version comes out? Sure
But I'm sure its going to be shit.
>>
>>345350756
>denuvo

Yeah, not happening.
>>
>>345350146

/thread
>>
>>345350476
what do you look like
>>
No. It doesn't look very good and it's far too expensive for what it is.
>>
N O M A N S B U Y
O

M
A
N
S

B
U
Y
>>
>>345351262
The pre-order numbers suggest otherwise.
Jus saiyan
>>
Meh I'll wait for some reviews.
>>
File: 1327820584268.jpg (39 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
1327820584268.jpg
39 KB, 500x412
>>345349674
my one true wish, is that this releases and million of people buy it, and 70% of those people immediately complain there is no multiplayer and that's shallow as fuck.

I hope they get angry and there are miles long rants on twitter and reddit about how the devs over charged for a worthless piece of garbage.

it will never happen because the people buying this are retarded mouth breathers that will just say "it's alright" and never play it again.

thankfully it has no multiplayer otherwise the decline in the player base would obvious. just another game that cost them 60$, that everyone stops playing after a week.
>>
>>345350291
They probably want to get atmospheric planetary landings right, but it looks like doing something like that is pretty damn hard, i mean, NMS's planets sure are detailed but it's really cartoony and upscaled when it comes down to it.

Or maybe they'll just fuck it up again.
>>
>>345350563
This desu, best choice.
It's going to be shit anyway.
>>
>>345351653
>complain there is no multiplayer
That'd be pretty retarded since it's listed as singleplayer on the Steam page and even though there's online elements, devs were clear that it's a minor part of the game.
>>
>>345350835
>GoG release
>Denuvo
How will they do it?
Is GoG going to break their no DRM rule or am I just falling for mad preorder keks?
>>
>>345351653
To say it has no multiplayer is patently false, though the multiplayer is not a focus and is rare, as well as having no methods for meeting up easily or communicating. It's sorta like Journey in that respect.

But TECHNICALLY you can play with people in the same area. And with enough effort you could probably find your friends. Just depends on how they made it I guess. But we know this much.
>>
>>345349674
still unsure. There are some things I really like about it, but I don't know if it will actually be worth sixty bucks. It seems like it could be a cool experience that is worth buying at launch just to experience it with everyone else. But depending on the word around Setsuna, I might get that instead.
>>
>>345352004
Well your friends show up on the galactic map so there's that.
>>
>>345350563
>no survival gameplay
>a "survival" trailer is coming out in a few weeks

Depends on what you mean by survival...
>>
>>345352001
I'm just joshing, friend.
>>
N U M A L E S
U
M
A
L
E
S K Y
>>
>>345352238

in that game is just exploring,

>Depends on what you mean by survival.

i mean is nothing correlated with those kind of game
>>
File: HwlKPoE.gif (12 KB, 502x342) Image search: [Google]
HwlKPoE.gif
12 KB, 502x342
>>345352721
>>
>game promotes curiosity and exploring the unknown
By principles I like this game.
>>
>>345350563
Gotta love some multYplayer am i rite?
>>
>>345349674
Nah, it's spore all over again.
>>
>>345353024
yes multiplayer is a refreshing and engaging experience for sandbox type games
>>
>>345351508
Yeah its been in the top sellers for like two weeks on steam. That doesnt even count for gog or PS4.
>>
>>345353164
Was NMS in development for 20 years with plenty of ideas being slaughtered along the way, with as much as 60% of content cut in the final development stages?

No? Then don't compare it to Spore. Don't compare anything to Spore. Spore is an atrocity of generations that will hopefully never be beaten in horribleness.
>>
>>345350476
chill out, dude
2edgy4me
>>
Yes I will. While smoking copious amounts of ganja. And I will enjoy every moment of it.

Try and stop me.
>>
>>345349674
Can't.
Uni starts again in August.
>>
Hello I'm assuming someone from the marketing team is in this thread and I have a question:

Will I need Playstation Plus to use the multiplayer features of this game?
I'd guess no but I was playing DS2 on PS4 and without Plus you don't even get so much as other players messages.
>>
File: tmp_9229-461-1989367066.gif (105 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9229-461-1989367066.gif
105 KB, 600x450
>>345358635
>I don't like X
>I can't comprehend that someone can like X
>therefore threads about X must be marketing
>>
>>345359131
That doesn't answer my question.
If you don't know then please ask your superior.
>>
>>345359218
fuck if I know. given the fact that there's a very very tiny chance of actually meeting other people in the game, then I doubt it
>>
>>345359641
Go get your supervisor, I'll talk to them myself.
>>
>>345359740
So funni
>>
>>345359740
Yes hello sir, my name is Steve and thank you for calling tech support. What can I help you with today?
>>
>Noctis with better graphics and you can shoot guys

Sign me the fuck up, dude.
>>
>>345360061
Get out of here Pajeet.
>>
>>345349674
I hope you don't mean you still pre-order games?
>>
If it's DRM free I'll probably play it just to build up a rageboner and post mean stuff about it. I don't even like exploration games.
>>
>>345360175
You can shoot people? In a preview I saw the guy shoot a space goat but then robotic anti-fun space police appeared out of nowhere and kill him.
>>
Probably when it hits $10 on sale. I doubt this game will be anything other than a huge disappointment, but it might be fun to wander around for a couple of hours.
>>
>>345349674
eventually. i'll see what the price is like in a few months.
>>
>>345360537
Yeah you can. But don't expect the aliens you attack to not react to it appropriately.
>>
>>345360537
I assume NPCs, be they in buildings or ships, can be shot dead. As well as players if you happen to find one.
>>
If there's a center of the universe, then there must be an edge.

What's at the edge of the universe? Hopefully a restaurant.
>>
>>345360427
What's it like to live fueled by hatred?

Honestly I've always wondered. Seems unbearable.
>>
File: Nu Males Sky Gameplay.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Nu Males Sky Gameplay.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>
>>345350563
it's drm free, flim flam
>>
>>345361939
None of those animals were predators.
>>
>>345361939
Does anything fight back?
this game is starting to look shit the closer to release we get
>>
>>345362178
Pretty sure the one holding the gun is.
>>
>>345362178
That vid was the result of Sean Murray handing the controller over to some random shmuck that decided that he'd just shoot whatever moved. Amusing, but hardly a good way to show off the game.
>>
>>345361328
Feels good man.
>>
>>345362359
Better way to show off the game than Sean doing the same boring shit in every demonstration.
>>
>>345362359
Those ugly ass squares looked worse than the gameplay, which didn't look that great either.
>>
>>345361028
>As well as players if you happen to find one.
I have some bad news for you...
>>
>>345362313
So far none of the animals we've seen reacted to the player shooting at them with aggressivity. Either cause the guy was coincidentally shooting passive creatures who ran away or because he was killing them too fast to react.

But some animals do attack you unprovocked so I assume that if your gun is too shit to kill them quickly they'll come for you.
>>
>>345362732
If you're going to tell me that there is no multiplayer then I'm the one who has news for you.

It's been confirmed and reconfirmed multiple times. NMS has player interaction, it's just super rare and barebones.
>>
>procedurally generated

D R O P P E D

I judge games based on the amount of handcrafted content they have.
>>
>>345361939
That looks fucking awful. The terrain deformation especially looks like it's from dime a free to play game with a prettier colour pallette.
>>
>>345362913
You'll never see another person. You might see evidence that another player was once there but you'll never see another player.
>>
>>345363048
Not a bad idea. I'm curious, what is by that metric the best game ever?
>>
>>345363201
Got a source for that claim? It flies in the face of all evidence.
>>
>>345363048
It's got as much handcrafted material in it as other games. Instead of direct 3D assets, it's just lines of code. Thar shit takes blood, sweat, tears, and caffeine to write.
>>
>>345363325
Got any source for your counter-claim? It also flies in the face and nutsack of all evidence.
>>
>>345363325
What fucking evidence? There simply isn't any multiplayer, sorry.
>>
>>345363380
Maybe for babby's first hello world. Write that shit for 20 years and try telling me its still hard to do.
>>
>>345363048

Dwarf Fortress is the worst shit ever by those standards

You're probably gonna 'troll' me and say that the game is garbage
>>
>>345362313
this footage is fucking ancient dude
>>
>>345349674
I'm going to download the gog version like an hour after release for free.
>>
File: Red Faction Gameplay.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Red Faction Gameplay.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>345363112
?

>>345362913
The multiplayer mode is hidden at the center of the galaxy.
>>
File: 1468268209287.png (31 KB, 710x357) Image search: [Google]
1468268209287.png
31 KB, 710x357
>>345363201
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx

>The only answer that I can think of for this is a really technical one. If we were to make a game where we synchronized every player, what they were doing with every other player, then that would be impossible and no one has ever done that. What we can do is, like many games that you have at the moment, where you are flying around with an open lobby. People are coming into that lobby and leaving it – like if you play Watch Dogs or something like that. Effectively, we have players joining your discrete space. We're not trying to make an MMO where you can play with literally 60,000 people on screen. We handle the case like where other people can fly past in your game or that you can bump into other players in the game.

And before you say "But in the jeuxvideo.com interview he said no", he gives exactly the same reason he gave in the article I posted

>If you're thinking, “Okay, okay, I understand all of that, Sean, but let's say all my friends want to go and play together.” That's not what this is about. You've seen the galactic map. I don't want to disappoint people. I don't want to answer your question and then they will think, “Yeah, yeah, he's saying it's difficult, but I'll do it. And then we will play Destiny together, effectively. We will all run around the planets.”

And pic related is the reason about why he's downplaying it
>>
>>345363638
? right back at you. Do you unironically think that looks good?
>>
>>345363687
I refuse to believe they're implementing an MP system (a relatively big job) and running infrastructure for it if people aren't going to notice it's there.
>>
>>345362913
>>345363201
>>345363325
>>345363420
Less than a month from release and we still have no concrete info on key game features. If a big name studio was pulling this shit we'd all be up in arms proclaiming it to be a disaster waiting to happen. However when little known Nu Male Inc. does it its a sign of the second coming.
>>
>>345363638
>The multiplayer mode is hidden at the center of the galaxy.

that would be a cool surprise. get to the center of the galaxy and gain access to a mechanism that allows you to warp to a friend
>>
>>345363549
You could say the same for any artist.
>>
>>345363289
WoW comes to mind, it's pretty bloated nowadays.
>>
>>345363848
They used to talk about a more classical multiplayer mode after the game's release, so maybe Sony is backing them up and investing that in it for them. Plus while the "meeting someone else" is quite rare, coming on a planet someone else discovered will probably be more frequent given that a big part of the game is uploading your discoveries to the community so they can know if the planet you're on has any valuable resource.
>>
>>345363687
>key feature that a fuckload of people have said they won't buy unless it is in
>downplay it

Sorry son. They aren't going to have true multiplayer. It will be some rinky dink shit where you will know someone else was there but you will never get to interact with the. Think Dark Souls/Bloodborne without invasions. You can see their ghosts and bloodstains but it all has no bearing on your game.
>>
>>345363851
It's not controversial except with people who aren't paying any attention and want to believe what they choose to.
The fact is, NMS has multiplayer shards, uncommon as it may be to find another player. End of discussion.
>>
File: Red Faction.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Red Faction.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>345363725
I thought it looked incredible when I first saw it in 2001.
The part where that APC is crossing the bridge and you're right in position to destroy the whole structure was really cool.
>>
>>345364401
I thought we were talking about NMS. I might be missing a point here somewhere.
>>
>>345364330
They literally said you can see other players. They have mentioned a couple times it's the only way you can find out how you or other players look.

If you don't want to believe what they themselves have said then fine, but it's something they've confirmed over and over.
>>
>>345364336
As uncommon as unicorns.
See you in game! Well not see you in the traditional sense but you know what I mean.
>>
>>345364330
I provided you with sources from the dev supporting what people said in this thread, do what you want with it.

I guess that in a few months one of us will look dumb when there'll be an youtube video of two players going to the same location and either seeing each other or not
>>
>>345364616
It's like arguing with a Christian about evolution holy shit
>>
>>345364568
Yeah you can see other players. Other players can leave recordings/logs and shit which you can come across. When replaying one of those logs you will see the other player. You won't be able to interact with them but at least these guys didn't lie....
>>
>>345364884
Source?
>>
>>345364967
Not yet. Lets just say my dad told me for now.
>>
>>345363568
I appreciate it for what it is, but I could never play it.
>>
>Devs confirm a feature, but it isn't easy to do so try to downplay it as much as possible
>People see this is lying to them

They straight up don't want people to think of it as a multiplayer title because it would disappoint someone playing it if they go in thinking it is
>>
>>345365171
Imagine if you went to the store to look at toasters.
You see one you like but want to know more about it.
You ask the clerk "Hey can does this toaster have a defrost function?"
And he says "Maybe, but that isn't really the point of our toaster."
>>
>>345365171
Basically all proof you post for your claims will be summarized by shitposters as

>I-IT DOESN'T COUNT
>>
>>345365402

A more apt description is

>Yes it can, but it's so difficult to do with that toaster you really shouldn't consider it a feature of the product
>>
>>345365171
Devs have very little say in how the game is marketed. If Sony aren't touting this as a multiplayer game (a feature which adds a fuckload more sales), then I think we can safely assume its not multiplayer in the traditional sense and we are going to get some weird nu male take on multiplayer. Something like a player leaving a note in the sand, then another player finds it and reads it. Wow! Multiplayer!
>>
>>345365662
Where have they said "Yes it can"
They always dodge saying "Yes".

It's not like "Is there multiplayer" is a hard question to answer. Just "Yes" or "No".
>>
>>345365662
More apt in this example but equally retard. Defrost on a toaster, like multiplayer in games, are a key feature in modern toasters. To downplay it shows something is not as it should be.
>>
>>345365851

Because if they answer a straight yes then there comes the fucktards thinking it's a multiplayer game and bitching when it pretty much isn't
>>
>>345365851
>Where have they said "Yes it can"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx

If another human player flies past you, will their username pop up or will you not even know that it was another player?
At the moment it doesn't, and I would like to keep it that way.

>The player characters look different than anything else you'll see?
Yeah.

>Will that be the first time you have any idea what you'd look like?
Yeah.

Already posted mate.
>>
File: tell me lies.jpg (36 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tell me lies.jpg
36 KB, 460x215
I've been burned once. Never again.
>>
>>345365903

Hence why they downplay it. They're outright telling you to think of it as non-existent for the most part. They ain't hiding shit

Also
>Multiplayer
>A key feature in modern games

Fuck off with every game needing multiplayer
>>
>>345366171
Then they should say no so people will stop arguing about it.

>>345366191
That whole article is extremely evasive.
Murray should quit this video game thing and become a politician instead, he has talent.
>>
>>345349674
So how's the combat?
They haven't show shit in the trailers.
>>
>>345366459
>That whole article is extremely evasive.
Now you're making this up, how is this not a straightforward answer? Please explain to me, what exactly is left to interpretation after reading the article when the dev tell you what will happen if a PC flies past you, how you will notice it's not a NPC and what happen if too many players converge in the same area at once.
>>
>>345366802
>If we were to make a game where we synchronized every player, what they were doing with every other player, then that would be impossible and no one has ever done that.
>The lobby that you carry around with you now can, it's almost like I don't wanna say because people will just test it, it can carry a few people.
>“Okay, okay, I understand all of that, Sean, but let's say all my friends want to go and play together.” That's not what this is about.
>No. If you want to play a first-person-shooter-sci-fi-run-around-on-a-planet game, play Destiny.
>Like Journey multiplayer, that was a huge part of the game for me, but they did a good job in not describing it as a multiplayer game. Journey would have been really disappointing if you entered into it thinking it was a multiplayer game.
>Let's not get into loads of detail, but you can say that we're going to have a way for players to communicate with each other and leave little messages and things like that.
>You walk around this world and then you've got all of these like silly stories that people have left.
>>
>>345366767
Not that since it's a console game designed for Dual Shock rather than a flight stick.
Expect assists coming out of your ass.
>>
>>345363687

>no one has ever done that

On a console yes; but EVE would slap this fucker in the face with it's cock if he's making a broad general statement across the industry.
>>
>>345367496
Oh yeah, the messages bits is less than clear and I don't think i've heard of this one after that, but the question of whether or not you can see some other player if both of you are at the same location has been answered properly.
>>
>>345349674

I'll get to it eventually.

If it had come out in June I would have but, with it pushed back now there are too many other games on my radar.

Gonna wait for a price drop, it probably going to be alright.
>>
It"s like Minecraft but without the craft.
>>
won a copy then traded it for SC items

not sure which is worse
>>
File: 1458236254101.gif (2 MB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
1458236254101.gif
2 MB, 340x191
>>345349674
I already played it and it sux.
Ask me anything ;)
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.