[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Frozen Throne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (255 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
255 KB, 1600x900
So who was the bad guy in this?
>>
>>345341756
Arthas, clearly. Illidan too, to an extent. One's now a soulless servant to the Lich King, the other (who I'll admit is more anti-hero than villain) while attempting to stop him, is only doing so to get his ass out of hot water with his demonic butt-buddies.

You can debate Arthas' status as a hero or villain in RoC all you want, but by TFT he's gone completely evil.
>>
The Lich King
>>
>>345341756
Everyone besides the warden. Elf boy before his campaign ending, sadly.
>>
the legion
>>
>>345342202
but that's everyone
>>
>>345341756
>Magtheridon
>The Forgotten One
>Maiev by the end of the Night Elf campaign
>Admiral Proudmoore
>>
Games back then had bearable plots. so no bad guy.
>>
>>345341756
Illidan is the villain for two of the three campaigns, so I'd say he's the overall villain of it.

Overall I'd say Arthas. Evil wins in the end.
>>
Uther.

>I'm just gonna sit around and sing kumbaya and hope that the plagued people magically get better while they transform and completely destroy the world
>how dare u suggest doing anything about it fuk u kid
>>
>>345345003

>Admiral Proudmoore

Shitty bait
>>
>>345345861
I phrased that badly. I meant to say Illidan plays the villain for most of it, but the overall villain of the entire game is Arthas.
>>
>>345345951
Yeah, how dare he try and stop arthas from playing right into Mal'Ganis' plan, booo
>>
>giant titan that can cut planets in half
>sends "Lieutenants of his giant universal demon army to destroy Azeroth instead of just showing up himself to destroy it
>twice

ZOZ
OZ
Z
>>
>>345346180
Uther didn't have a plan though. That's where he fucked up. He never offered Arthas a real alternative, no one did. Instead they let Arthas make all the hard decisions, and do the hard actions.

Uther sat around jacking off about "muh light" while Arthas desperately needed help fighting the Scourge.
>>
>>345341756
Kil'jaden & burning legion, Magtharidon, Ner'zul, Vashj, faceless ones & that thing. That's it I suppose. Everyone else is closer to being a victim.
>>
>>345345951
>Sit around and hope a cure for the plague comes (it doesn't come until years later), meanwhile the infection spreads across the entire world and millions of people die or become zombie slaves
or
>Purge the infected people so the plague doesn't spread outside city walls and harm more people
>>
>>345346180

Don't try and pretend Uther knew it was some sort of ploy.

Their options were

1. Kill the infected people before they turn
2. Let them turn and let thousands more die
3. Some magical fix all plan that Uther totally had but he's not going to tell you because it's a secret and he just remembered he left his goldfish in the oven so he needs to go home and sort that out but he definitely has a plan he just can't do it right now and his dad works at Nintendo and he has a Nintendo 65 with all the games SHUT UP
>>
>>345345861
Closer to antagonist really. Not quite a villain.
>>
>>345346361
>muh hard decisions
Yeah look how well that worked out
>we need to do something
>this is something, let's do it
Shitty logic, shitty prince, died like a bitch like he deserved.
>>
>>345346416
>Being this much of a sperg
You almost had it too. Also, can any of you faggots read OP? We're talking about TFT, not BC.
>>
>>345346346
First time he had to wait for the portal to be stable enough for him to enter, the second time he's (sort of) dead in the physical sense
>>
>>345341756
Kil'jaeden. He's the one who commanded the dreadlords and help start all these conflicts.

Everyone else who was a bad guy was because of shitty circumstances and had no choice.
>>
>>345346586
Maybe if Arthas had Uther with him and not cock blocking him the whole time by trying to recall his troops things would have gone differently in Northrend. Fact is no one but Arthas was willing to do anything. Out of everyone in the Alliance campaign, Arthas did the least wrong (next to Muradin I suppose).
>>
File: 1323564526301.jpg (9 KB, 251x247) Image search: [Google]
1323564526301.jpg
9 KB, 251x247
>WC3 Kael'thas
>a wronged man just trying to survive
>WC3 Illidan
>a spoiled evil brat who made awful decisions

>WoW Kael'thas
>a spoiled evil brat who made awful decisions
>WoW Illidan
>replacing Thrall has chosen one Light Jesus
>>
>>345346361
If Uther helped in the purge, he could have lost his paladin powers. The light only serves those who believe their cause is righteous.
>>
>>345346586

>Uther decides not to be a gigantic pacifist flower necklace making hug it out faggot and helps Arthas do what needs to be done
>Jaina comes along
>Arthas doesn't feel betrayed by the closest people to him
>He doesn't need to shoulder slaughtering his people entirely on his own
>They make quick work of the whole situation, spitroast Mal'ganis and then go back home
>>
>>345347195
Yep, reading the Wowwiki made me puke. I remember 10 years back being upset for being a poorfag and not being able to play the game that continued WC3's story, but reading those made me content with what I had.
>>
>Illi "Get Shit Dan" Stormrage tries to kill the Lich King because everyone else is a faggot
>no stop it illidan ur hurting the trees u can't do this pls this bush is crying stop srsly

It's hard to decide which useless whiny faggot I hate more, Malfurion or Uther.
>>
>>345347252
>The light only serves those who believe their cause is righteous.

Then why has the light not forsaken arthas when he started purging ?

Checkmate, utherfag.
>>
>>345341756
You, the player.
>>
>>345347727
Because Arthas truly believed there was no other way. The cause doesn't have to be righteous, but the wielder must believe it is.
>>
>>345347727
Because Arthas wasn't a full fledged Paladin yet and also he believed what he was doing was right.

The Scarlet Crusade also purged innocent people who they deemed as "heretics" but they believed what they were doing was right, so they got to keep their holy powers.
>>
Arthas isn't evil. He was tricked into picking up a vacuum cleaner for souls. What are you if your system of carrots and sticks isn't working anymore? If you can't feel compassion, remorse, pity, shame, and must obey every whisper in your mind coming from a demi-god. He killed his own father which is supposed to say enough. Arthas on Northrend isn't capable of harming his father. He lost his soul to Ner'zhul. What makes him any different than your average undead skeleton? Vocal cords. That's it.

Was there any chance if he followed Uther in Strathholme? They would have been overrun by an unstoppable army of undead and killed in that battle. Uther doesn't know how to deal with Undead. He never encountered any before. Even A'dal couldn't cure the plague so Uther would have simply realized too late Arthas was right. Arthas simply had days to contemplate what had to be done and saw the plague first hand. Uther didn't, and had only seconds.

Uther betrayed his prince and kingdom. He could have given Arthas critical advice on how to deal with Mal'ganis, heck he would have been the one still leading the force with Arthas taking a backseat. And Jaina is just a bitch. She was sent to find the nature of the plague and its source. She just runs in the opposite direction the second people start dying? That means you're exactly where you're supposed to be. Her knowledge of all things magical could have been instrumental in uncovering Frostmourne's curse.

Arthas' father doesn't even scold Arthas for massacring his subjects. "Ahh, my son" is a very warm greeting considering Uther thinks he's a mass murderer, so despite Uther's whispers in the king's ear for so long, the king still realized Arthas was right. They all saw the undead by that point. And the king cared deeply about his subjects. He didn't want them locked up in their own houses without definite proof of a plague.
>>
>>345347653
Malfurion didn't have the whole picture. He didn't know Illidan's motivations until it was too late, and it was kinda Illidan's fault for being a cackling evil faggot for most of the NE campaign.
>>
>>345341756
desu the purge and infection would never have happened if the town guards had a better inspection team.

would you fucking eat food out of a crate that's glowing green and has smoke coming out of it?
>>
>>345348587
yeah it's probably weed
>>
>>345346372
except due to the nature of the plague it didn't and wouldn't work
>>
File: joint cross.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
joint cross.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
>>345348843
>Glad you could bake it uther
>>
>>345349274
>Watch your toke with me boy
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.