[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this still the GOAT line up of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: ps2 holiday 2001 line up.jpg (644 KB, 2376x2100) Image search: [Google]
ps2 holiday 2001 line up.jpg
644 KB, 2376x2100
Is this still the GOAT line up of all time?
>>
>>345341130

*raises Ajax*

Where's The Warriors, ya wimp?
>>
not really since half of those games went mulitplat, and i never liked final fantasy x. but the ps2 had onimusha & twisted metal black during that year so it balances out i guess
>>
>>345341335
>Where's The Warriors
in 2005
>>
Damn the PS2 was great . Greatest console of all time. Super Nintendo was a close 2nd
>>
gta 3
gran turismo 3
mgs2
ace combat 04
ico
jak and daxter
twisted metal black
monster rancher 3
silent hill 2
time crisis 2
burnout
baldurs gate dark alliance
onimusha
frequency
shadow hearts
maximo ghosts to glory
wwf smackdown just bring it
devil may cry
atv offroad fury
armored core 2
hot shots golf 3
kessen 2

all came out in 2001 and were exclusive during that year.
>>
Yes. I didn't like Dark Alliance, based on the demo. I've never played Ace Combat (had honestly never heard of it then) and I bought GT3 but had to return it because my PS2 wouldn't play blue discs.

Actually at the time all I played was Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry but I really put my hours in.

If the PS4 had a line-up like that I can't imagine how happy I'd be. Yet if any if those had a sequel today I genuinely couldn't care less.
>>
File: 1468245084943.jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1468245084943.jpg
12 KB, 320x320
>greatest of all time line up of all time
>>
File: persona 5 and final fantasy 15.jpg (2 MB, 3842x1080) Image search: [Google]
persona 5 and final fantasy 15.jpg
2 MB, 3842x1080
>>345343314

September will be a great month for the PS4
>>
File: suikoden-v-cover772245.jpg (617 KB, 640x904) Image search: [Google]
suikoden-v-cover772245.jpg
617 KB, 640x904
>>345342897
>list of GOAT PS2 games
>forgot the best RPG
>>
Yeah
>>
>>345343608
nice reading comprehension
>>
>>345343489
Like I said, if any of them had a sequel now I wouldn't care.

Except GT maybe.

Everything about XV looks like absolute dogshit. I've never played Persons so I'll check back when it releases. I don't think I could put up with school children bickering if that's what it boils down to mind you.

2 games is hardly like the above anyway.
>>
i never liked final fantasy 10 i always thought that game was boring as fuck
>>
>>345343839
This, btw FF6 is better
>>
>>345344027

And FF7 is forever the GOAT
>>
>>345343396
Woah...
Really makes you think...
>>
>>345341130
>ace combat 4
alright
>dark alliance
take it away
>DMC1
still the best DMC, one of the best games of all time
>FFX
entire series is garbage, the other driver for the QTE moviegames of today right next to MGS
>Gran turismo 3
alright if you like racing games
>GTA 3
alright game with better version on PC pretty fast
>ICO
mediocre puzzle game with good presentation
>Jak
pretty good
>MGS2
peak of the old MGS, king of the series until GZ landed
>SH2
one of the best horror games of all time

So yes, DMC1, MGS2 and SH2 make it a pretty killer lineup for such a short timeframe

however the thing is that gave development was simply faster in those times- now Im the first person to say yes if someone asked if we could go back to games with PS2 graphics but with better graphical effects, dynamic lights and physics with very short dev times since they arent bloated by 4 years of making textures for rocks and hair but I doubt the industry would agree
>>
>>345343608
>posts literally the most boring blandest snoozfest of shit
>>
>>345347386
you ahve top level shit taste
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.