[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age Of Mythology 2/Age Of Empires 4 when? Also what the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 0037963.jpg (158 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
0037963.jpg
158 KB, 1024x768
Age Of Mythology 2/Age Of Empires 4 when?

Also what the fuck happened to food/wood/gold RTS?
>>
Ensemble was disbanded in 2009 m80
>>
>Age Of Mythology 2/Age Of Empires 4 when?
AOE2 fags wouldn't play AOEIII or AOM and the company died.

>Also what the fuck happened to food/wood/gold RTS?
See above.
>>
>>345335094

At least we have the re-releases on Steam.
>>
>>345335651
>Aoe 2 one of the most played games on steam
point proven
>>
File: C.jpg (138 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
C.jpg
138 KB, 1600x1063
Let's pretend City Sims are merged with RTS.

BOOM!

RTS are now persistent, and some have invasions or just produce a level which determines what units and opponents are available..

What are the resources?

Drugs.
>>
>>345336170
I always thought "population" would be a good resource, governed by food production and housing, and you use it to recruit any unit
>>
>>345335094
AoE2 was too good

AoM was kinda shitty overall. Engagements are dull.

AoE3 was beautiful looking but the card system was kinda broken and terribly balanced
>>
>>345336273
Honestly, it'd probably be electricity, water.. and probably food and money, but food could probably be kept under something like "freight".
>>
File: 1468590890313.jpg (26 KB, 652x652) Image search: [Google]
1468590890313.jpg
26 KB, 652x652
I'm still mad that Microsoft didn't reveal Age of Empires 4 at E3. Fuck halo wars 2.
>>
>>345336391

AOE3 vanilla was bad. But with both expansions, it was the best Age game. And the cards allowed for different playstyles with the same empire, unlike AOE2 which you basically had one optimal play style with each empire.

Case in point, you could play Japan and rush economy or rush military or a mixture of both.
>>
>>345336391
AoM shitty? i thought it had an immense charm because of the mythology. Gods were cool. Actual different teams and stronger rarer myth units to spice up your normal forces
>>
>>345338776

Not that guy, but I found the interface and unit types to be rather annoying. The game takes massive trial and error just to figure out how to build an economy and go the different religious paths. But ultimately none of that ends up mattering since people just turtle and rush an Atlus unit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.