[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was the biggest disappointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was the biggest disappointment since my son. I mean how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Metal Gear?

And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of the gas station, the unfortunate reality of this Metal Gear prequel is that it'll be around. Forever. It will never go away. It can never be undone.

And if you're someone under the age of like, 20, who says his least favorite game of the series was Sons of Liberty because it was "the most boring-est one", then I suggest you shut this thread off right now, before I carefully explain to you how much of a fucking idiot you are.
>>
Can somebody give me a link to some leaks from 2014? I remember there were whole ''full'' story and it foresaw death of Quiet and Venom not being BB and other major spoilers.
>>
>>345314515
The "Venom not being the real BB" thing went back as far as 2013 and was largely just born from

>Ishmael as a whole
>BB saying to Huey in Peace Walker that he doesn't like e-cigarettes
>Venom's eyepatch having a third strap, which is something BB's one never had
>>
>>345314351
I'm playing this game and so far I like it.

>inb4 this is your first game
No faggot, my first game was MGS1 for PSX when I was 13 years old and is sitll my favourite int he series.
I'm now 27.

This game is about how he created Outter Heaven and Fox Hound squad.

the game is a disappointment to you because you put your epecationg too high. The game is good, your taste isn't.
>>
>>345314351

>since my son

2edgy4me
>>
Who is the better boss. Venom or Snake?
>>
>>345314810
>This game is about how he created Outter Heaven and Fox Hound squad
Anon...
>>
I'm on mission 45/46 and I really enjoy the game.

inb4 casual gamer etc.

The only issue is having to redo the least favourite missions on extreme/subsistence/stealth.

Plus I feel I can only ever use two kinds of weapons as you'll get overwhelmed if you don't have a supressor..
>>
>>345314768
>Venom's eyepatch having a third strap, which is something BB's one never had
lel
I remember calling it and people calling it grasping on straws
>>
>>345314810
>This game is about how he created Outter Heaven and Fox Hound squad.
Poor soul
>>
File: CAM00640.jpg (393 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CAM00640.jpg
393 KB, 1280x720
>>345314964
It's a great game. The story is kinda unfinished but the gameplay is awesome. It puts enough of a spin on the classic MGS formula to feel fun and different.
>>
WHEN IS THE PLINKETT TFA REVIEW COMING OUT YOU FUCKS
>>
>>345314351
dad, get off 4chan and give mom some child support you meme loving failure
>>
>>345314816

He's quoting Red Letter Media but in the context of PP
>>
>>345314351
nice redlettermedia refference
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpvcjAhBabA
>>
>>345314351
Nah, it was pretty funny desu.
>>
is rlm a meme now?
>>
File: laughing murican man.webm (246 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
laughing murican man.webm
246 KB, 1280x536
>>345314351
>Biggest disappointment since my son
>>
>>345315713
They've been a meme since the Phantom Menace review.
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-07-17 13-39-26-24.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-07-17 13-39-26-24.jpg
141 KB, 1920x1080
Shhh /v/

Quiet is sleeping
>>
File: 1442795481713.png (256 KB, 411x495) Image search: [Google]
1442795481713.png
256 KB, 411x495
I still play Metal Gear online with my friend occasionally. It's pretty fun if you're just fucking around and not taking it too seriously.
>>
>>345315841
Did OP's son made that rock texture?
>>
File: mgs5[1].jpg (169 KB, 1652x929) Image search: [Google]
mgs5[1].jpg
169 KB, 1652x929
>>345314351
So where do I possibly start? Nothing in The Phantom Pain makes any sense at all. It comes off like a script written by an 8-year-old. It's like Kojima finished the script in one draft, and they decided to go with it without anyone saying it made no sense at all or was a stupid, incoherent mess.

I guess at this point who's going to question Kojima, or tell him what to do? He controls every aspect of the game. Probably got rid of those people that questioned him creatively a long time ago. I also think that everyone just assumed a new Metal Gear would be an instant hit, regardless of what the plot was. Really, how hard could it be to screw up? It's like screwing up mashed potatoes: you boil the water, pour in the packet--
>>
File: Jack.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
>>345316585
Keep going.
>>
>>345314810
> The game is good, your taste isn't.
Oh, you sweet summer child.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfn4UBmhfAM

And then we played the game...

Ooohhhhh....
>>
>>345316585
Even though I've accepted that Ishmael is Big Boss, there is absolutely zero justification for him still being in the hospital to help venom out when xof get there. The whole fucking plan is about protecting his pussy ass, in what universe does it EVER make sense for him to deliberately put himself in the line of fire?
>>
>>345314351
kys cuck
>>
MGSV is my favorite game in the series

5>3>2>1>PW>4

A game that truly separates the man from the manchildren that only says "m-muh unfinished game buaaaahhhh"
>>
Normies like this game because "sandbox man, I can travel across two desert anyway I want, so deep man. Plot? I don't care"
True fans know this game is the worst game in the series because:
- Sandbox gameplay is shit, the map is an empty space with outposts scattered around it. Nothing more, no events.
- Plot is non existent, "hey, Snake, we have a new mission, just blow some shit up or kidnap some dude". One out of 5 or 6 missions you'll have legit one with plot advancement except it's still shit: everyone is out of they original character, Skullface is the most boring villain in the series, Psycho Mantis is the deusest machina ever. Everyone hates on Konami for not letting Kojima finish episode 2, but even the first one is full of fillers.
>>
>>345317830
The only real problem with the open world is the ranking system. Hear me out.

I don't think free roam was originally part of the plan, rather something they added simply because it didn't make sense not to have it.

Within the areas that the missions give you, it's actually quite fun to move from outpost to outpost, you can tell that certain areas were designed with their missions in mind

However, the ranking system adds a de facto timer to every mision, meaning the only choice in mission is always to zip through outposts as quickly as possible and ignore everything that isn't the objective. It subtracts from the experience in a massive way, ranks should have been removed alltogether.

I have no complaints about the story after my second playthrough. Cutscenes don't show, they tell. Venom's facial expressions, being a dick to Huey when you first get to him, Big Boss talking shit about training child soldiers, breaking Liquids arm, etc, are all a lot more impactful once you get the main point of the game (you're not going to see Big Boss become a villain, that already happened in peace walker)

Instead the game is more about making the player hate Big Boss, and realize that the player's role in the story was ultimately more important than his (and how much better diamond dogs is than MSF)

Fun sidenote, if you watch the "truth" ending timeline, and pay attention to the logo changes, it changes from diamond dogs to outer heaven in 1984, meaning it becomes outer heaven either as soon as venom gets there, or at some point during the game (perhaps after shining lights)
>>
>>345314351
t. Plinkett
>>
>>345315750
How come /tv/ has made a meme mine everything related to DC?
>>
File: 1378146670402.png (85 KB, 234x238) Image search: [Google]
1378146670402.png
85 KB, 234x238
>>345314351
>Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was the biggest disappointment since my son.
>>
the story was a disaster but the actual gameplay is some of the best in stealth I've ever seen

my only complaint is that I wish it had more large complexes and facilities like how Ground Zeroes was, I really enjoyed creatively infiltrating a base from all sides
>>
File: 1468240908159.png (123 KB, 785x757) Image search: [Google]
1468240908159.png
123 KB, 785x757
>>345314351
Actually quoting Red Letter Media for a thread.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.