[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: legacy-of-kain-blood-omen-2.jpg (157 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
legacy-of-kain-blood-omen-2.jpg
157 KB, 1080x1080
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
>>345310624
I played this when I was like 12 and never played blood omen 1 (but I did play soul reaver) and I thought it was good. What was so bad about it anon? It's been more than a decade so I don't remember it being bad. I liked the vampire powers and the environment design and atmosphere were top notch.
>>
File: s83xIzG.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
s83xIzG.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
>>345310740
Combat is tedious and you have to repeat the same pattern over and over again when facing off enemies.
Buggy.
Game looks awful.
Storyline that doesn't matter which makes everything you do feel pointless and a waste of time.
>>
File: latest[1].png (300 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
300 KB, 800x600
>>345310969
If you say so.
>>
File: 12114230.png (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
12114230.png
64 KB, 500x500
Blood Omen 2 is my guilty pleasure. I know it fucks up some of the lore and shit but I honestly enjoyed it, more than Soul Reaver and Defiance to be honest. The combat against single enemies is pretty boring but the bossfights are really fucking good. Better than any other in the series by a mile. The environments are cool too and I never got why people thought Kain's "romance" if you can even call it that was out of character because it just showed that he's not completely void of compassion and pride for his race but he ain't gonna show mercy to traitors no matter what.
>>
>>345310740
same story here

I remember loving all the gore back then and probably didn't notice any of the problems with the gameplay
>>
No Amy Hennig.

Takes place in between two other games, so the story can't so anything interesting, has to end with the status quo restored.

Too many enemies with 50 billion hit points that break your weapon, forcing you to play defensively and rely on magic.

Other than that it's alright.
>>
>>345310624
Nothing you faggot, all LoK games were great.
>>
No one else played Legacy of Kain games? I thought those games were popular in the 90s and early 00s.
>>
>>345310624

still better than that piece of shit dmc clone that was defiance
>>
>>345310969
>Storyline that doesn't matter

are you retarded, blood omen 2 happens when kain spares raziel at the end of SR2, the bit about "memories dying and being reborn" is blood omen 2 and what the sarafan lord(hylden mofo) does
>>
>>345313981
>No Amy Hennig.
>Implying that was bad at all

fucking overrated hack with a fetish for time bullshit, stupid block puzzles and cinematic crap at 24fps
>>
>>345318521
Blood Omen 2 takes place in an alternate reality. Everything you do there ultimately have absolutely no impact on the series and is just pointless.
>>
File: 1428253017583.png (219 KB, 447x600) Image search: [Google]
1428253017583.png
219 KB, 447x600
>>345310624
Its my favorite in the series. :DDD
>>
>>345310624
I liked it.
>>
>>345318639
Stop spouting this retarded shit.
It literally shows you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Blood Omen 2 is what happens to the Hylden that are set free at the end of Defiance, it tells how young Kain obliterated the fuck out of them and exiled them again, solving one of the major plot points left open at the "end" of the saga.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.