[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have loads of unsold Wii minis >convert them into NES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: original-nes.jpg (37 KB, 800x435) Image search: [Google]
original-nes.jpg
37 KB, 800x435
>have loads of unsold Wii minis
>convert them into NES minis by keeping the NES emulation and removing all the other features of a Wii mini
>cash in on nostalgiabux

I have to admit, this is one of the smartest business moves I've seen in this industry.
>>
Yep, and Sony fanboys are literally butthurt just because they know this will sell like hotcakes (hell, it already is). Funnily enough, if Sony released a mini PS1plug-'n'-play device limited to 30 top-selling games, and with a high chance of being hackable, people would be all over that.
>>
>>345309653
Why are we pretending this is anything but a novelty? Normies and casuals will eat it up because of MUH RETRO GAMES SO COOL XD, anybody with half an ounce of sense would just emulate these games for free.
>>
>>345310727
We aren't. Some shitposters act as if it's the best thing ever (though OP here is pointing out it's a smart business move instead, which it is given the strong sales it's already getting), but those defending it as a product only do so to wind up fanboys. Some may be in it for the controller, though that can be bought separately anyway.
>>
>>345309653
Source on NES Classics being repackaged Wii Minis?

I'm not saying I don't believe it; I'm just curious. Smart move if true.
>>
there's no way it wont use noac
>>
Its probably a rpi though
>>
So will they do the same with oyher consoles?

I would buy a n64 eith the top 30 games aka the entire catalogue.
>>
>>345311584
Not being able to include Rare games on the N64 would leave you with more like 15 games.
>>
>>345311584
No way the N64 mini will have 30 games. 15 at best, 10 at worst.
>>
>>345310727
That's the entire point of it. No-one thinks that it's a revolutionary piece of technology and I'm fairly certain that 99% of people who will buy it already know that they can emulate it for free. It's entire selling point is nostalgia and collector's value.
>>
>>345311783
They paid Capcom for this, they can pay Rare for that.
We'll see if DKC is in the SNES mini.
>>
>>345309653
Two days after release

>NES minis sell like hot bread
>realize they can make more nostalgia bullshit
>SNES mini and N64 mini are released
>more nostalgiabux
>>
Did the Wii mini have HDMI out? I doubt its just a Wii Mini logic board that's been repurposed, and I kind of doubt it will even be using a PPC processor.

I think its more likely that its a custom board built around a cheap ARM SOC running an emulator.
>>
>>345312194
Somehow I don't think MS would allow them to use shit like Conker, Banjo, and Perfect Dark. Especially since Rare Replay is a thing MS already did with the Xbone.
>>
>>345309653
>this is one of the smartest business moves I've seen in this industry.

No, consumers are just too stupid to recognize value or too lazy to figure out emulation.
>>
File: fozzy.jpg (59 KB, 768x511) Image search: [Google]
fozzy.jpg
59 KB, 768x511
>>345309653
I literally called this exact thing a year or two ago. I posted something like "why don't they just sell the Wii guts in an NES shell, with some NES games and everything else disabled, in a limited edition thing" tfw I am futurist
>muh original idea
>>
>>345309653
>>345311241

It's not, thats not how this works. Thats not how any of this works.

Source: I work in the silicon industry.
>>
>>345311241
OP is bullshitting and anyone who tells you the same is also retarded. Wii hardware doesn't support HDMI and there's no way in hell that any kind of modifications to the hardware can have it powered all through USB.
>>
>>345312620
It's not a Wii in a shell.
>>
>>345312194
Nintendo own the rights to Donkey Kong, that's why DKC and DK64 are available on Virtual Console.
>>
>>345312487
See >>345311930, no-one is buying this because they think it's the only way to play NES games.
>>
>>345312906
I know, it IS what the OP described which is KIND OF similar on the conceptual level.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.