[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? I'm new to point and click.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Sanitarium_Coverart.jpg (19 KB, 256x310) Image search: [Google]
Sanitarium_Coverart.jpg
19 KB, 256x310
Is this game any good?
I'm new to point and click.
>>
>>345306393
I've seen gameplay of it, looked good. You should play the Nancy Drew games by HER Interactive. They're secretly some of my favorite games.
>>
>>345306393
It's ok, but it really doesn't stand out much. I'm actually struggling to remember anything about it to try to answer your question, whereas I remember a lot of memorable parts from other games in the genre that I've played. It mostly gets by on having a weird atmosphere, but I don't remember it doing anything particularly interesting with it aside from the second to last area. The ending was also really disappointing. It's not bad, so if you feel like playing it, go ahead. Just don't expect it to change your life or anything.
>>
File: 20-sanit-121.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20-sanit-121.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
It's pretty good and easy for beginners.
>>
I got stuck in the bug world and then my computer fucked off. I should play this again.

Also review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S2w4KLzWRw
>>
>>345306393
I really like it, but it might just be my nostalgia. And I'm not big into point and click either.
There's some cool and disturbing imagery. You're basically walking through a guy's nightmares. I think that's the main reason you would want to play it.
Voice acting is pretty bad, especially the main character. The game also has a final boss fight, which I thought was weird.
>>
It's a great game. Worth a playthrough.

>>345308595
Voice acting is stellar.
>>
It's pretty darn good but it gets really hard and cryptic towards the end, be prepared to read a walkthrough if you aren't customed to point'n'click games.
>>
>>345306393
Starts off good, becomes absolute shit last third of the game. Just watch a playthrough with commentary.
>>
>>345306393
Its shit. Play STASIS again, its a relatively new sci fi game in the style of sanitarium. It has none of the flaws, and an amazing story.
>>
Also you can turn into a little girl.
>>
File: 1385846351339.gif (325 KB, 370x330) Image search: [Google]
1385846351339.gif
325 KB, 370x330
Starts out fucking strong, but gets progressively worse. The final level especially is just absolute ass. Puzzles are fairly simple, but some were kind of far-fetched, then again I'm terrible at puzzles anyway. Soundtrack was pretty good too, and graphically holds out surprisingly well bar the 90s wonky CGI.

Overall: 7/10, well worth your time.
>>
My game was bugged and I couldn't get past a door on chapter 2, it wouldn't let me enter the room for some shitty known bug.
>>
>>345306393
It's pretty decent. Buggy and unpolished as all fuck and the symbolism of the story is a bit on the nose at times but I really enjoyed the different locals it went to and the puzzles being actually sensible, unlike most old P&Cs.
>>
I liked it a lot. Drags the player into its fucked-up world pretty well. You'll probably get stuck here and there a couple of times if you're new to p&c, but I believe it will be a rewarding experience. The only parts I hated were the dexterity-based ones (idk how to describe them, English not my moher tongue). I remember 2 at least. Good think u can't die there, only replay them.
>>
fuck the Aztec world, completely ruins the game.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.