[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nioh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 20
File: NiOhDemo-1.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NiOhDemo-1.jpg
471 KB, 1920x1080
Why are people comparing this to dark souls? I watched the trailer and it's so clearly a spiritual successor to Ninja Gaiden, shit it's made by Team Ninja. Are these all casual game players that are saying it cause I don't see it?
>>
Haven't you got the memo? Every single game that has a modicum of difficulty is now like dark souls.
>>
It's not nearly as fast as Ninja Gaiden, especially in the beginning when you're weak. The pace of a battle more closely resembles Dark Souls. I'm wondering if you've even played any of the three games you're talking about.
>>
>>345290485
>i watched the trailer

You do know that there has been a public alpha, right? People are making this claim having actually played it, myself included. It is heavily influenced by From Software's "Souls" series. There's much more to it than that but it's the simplest comparison.
>>
Who /dualkatanas/ here?
>>
>>345290658
>>345290770
Yes I have. Because the pace is slower it's a dark souls clone? Smh with that logic every single platformer is just a Mario clone, nothing else.
>>
>>345291074
>comparing two games
>the same as calling one a clone
Do you have brain damage or something?
>>
>>345291074
nobody is calling it a clone.
>>
Let me redpill you:

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror in Nioh is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this nigga >>345290643
>>
>>345291125
You haven't read the "first look" articles have you?
>>
>>345290485
Everything about the game sans stances is a Souls game.
Who they took their influences from is undeniable.
>>
>>345290485
Because 3D action games that aren't Bam ham/Asscreed """combat""" aren't exactly common.
>>
>>345290485
It's similar to and takes inspiration from both the Souls series and Ninja Gaiden as it's from the same team, but it's not strictly the same as either. The game doesn't really play so much like Ninja Gaiden since there's a large importance on Ki management and the pace is different (unless you're in low stance). It actually feels quite a bit like Way of the Samurai and Onimusha.

>>345291256
Awesome it's been a while since I've seen this.Although the new beta will also give out the Mark for completion.
>>
>>345291256
Nice pasta.
>mark of the conqueror meaning shit now
>>
>>345290485
The combat is no where near comparable to Ninja Gaiden. Are you a fucking idiot?
>>
>>345291641
we havent really seen the potential of the combat rly. but you're right. Its not really similar to NG
>>
>>345291509
This. Thank you. My problem is every article I read called it a rip off ignoring it's other inspirations.
>>
>>345291061
Right here, looking forward to trying them out and seeing how all the katana skills are changed by them. Really hoping they have some more new skills in general to play with, the ones that were in the Alpha were all great.
>>
>>345290485
>I watched the trailer
There's where your argument falls flat on it's face.
You have no experience of the game itself.
I played the alpha.
Look at the hud, just look at the fucking hud.
There's the items at the bottom left corner.
On the left there is the weapon, right is the secondary weapon and the top is always the health potion which refills after visiting a shrine.
The shrines are just bonfires, it's where you respawn, you use it to level up and when you access it the enemies respawn.
You've got you're health bar and right underneath it you're stamina bar and if you carry too much stuff you can only walk.

It's fucking Dark Souls there's no hiding it.
Don't jump to conclusions about a game you haven't even played yet because right now you look like a fucking retard.
>>
>>345291509
>>345291531

It's still the same difficulty or more to get the mark now though. You will have to beat the original 2 levels and a new never before seen one. Before you only had to beat the first level which was never before seen at that time. If anything it's more tedious to get now.
>>
>>345291256
You realize you can get it again this beta coming up next month right?
Take your copy pasta and throw it in the garbage
>>
>>345292051
see >>345292049
>>
>>345290485
But difficult games weren't even invented until Dark Souls showed up.
>>
File: 1456897019403.jpg (91 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1456897019403.jpg
91 KB, 604x604
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that OP. Sure it looks like Dark Souls, but maybe it's the sound design that reminded me of Ninja Gaiden. The swift crunchy chops with the katana and the yells of the enemies, even down to the katana stab and beheadings. It gave me alot of Ninja Gaiden vibes.
>>
>>345290485
>Why are people comparing this to dark souls?
Because that's what it is.

You explore a dark and dangerous environment, populated by respawning enemies who can kill you very quickly if you let them. You find shortcuts and keys that help you progress until you find a boss to fight. You can do co-op with randoms. Enemies give you resources when they die. These same resources are used for leveling up and improving stats. When you die you leave all your "souls" on the ground where you died. Healing takes time and must be done carefully. The combat works on a stamina bar and HP bar system.

It's a Souls clone. There's lots of Ninja Gaiden mixed into it, but it's Souls at it's core.
>>
>>345292160
It's not the same difficulty
It's easier

Instead of conqueror and conquered it should be
You platinum bb or you didn't
>>
>>345292418
>It's easier
Source?
>>
>>345292029
Read this
>>345291942
>>345291509
So we just going to ignore the aspects of the game that are from franchises older than souls?
>>
It's just retards, the same retards who claim soul sacrifice is a monster hunter game when they play nothing alike other than being a third person game. Just ignore them, just point out that nobody would call CSGO a cod-clone because they're first person shooters
>>
>>345291942
>videogame journalists
That was your first mistake, but it's one made by us all. I also didn't mention the RPG stats and loot system distancing it from NG and Souls respectively. Really, while the inspirations are there, the game feels much less like both of them the more you actually play it. It's why people bitched about the things that set it apart so much without realising the game was more special for them.
>>345292049
It depends on how much the changes affect the base game, but I'm pretty sure free mindless circlestrafing alone will make things far easier, and who knows how damage has been changed. Quantity doesn't really trump quality when difficulty is concerned so more levels doesn't really make it harder, but the copypasta is still funny and triggers people so it should stay.
>>
>>345292494
My post may be a bit biased because I haven't played any ninja gaiden games but it's so clear when they take something from darksouls.
>>
>>345292418
>You platinum bb or you didn't
Already do this man. If I play with a /v/ or /vg/ shitter, I remove from friends if I don't see bb plat
>>
>>345292494
A lot of the concepts were done before Souls, but they were the most reason and widely acclaimed games to have them all in one, so it's an easy thing for everyone to point to. It's a bit of both at the end of the day, and I think the director talked about being inspired by Demon's Souls (specifically, over the other games in the series). Personally I think it's not really all that important thinking about it since the game itself is real fuckin neato anyway. At least the Alpha was, I just hope they're open to changing some things back come Beta time.
>>
>>345292536
No, Tetris plays nothing like Monster Hunter. SS shares some similarities.
>>
>>345293312
Yep, they've openly cited Demon's Souls as a heavy influence (Alongside Onimusha and Diablo. There's also blatantly some residual Ninja Gaiden left over from the aborted second version, as well as a little Bushido Blade and Way of the Samurai), with Kou Shibusawa also going crazy over how much he loved Bloodborne, referring to it as a "masterpiece" and hailing it as his game of the decade.
>>
>>345293715
Man, all those game names are exactly why I love Nioh as well as how it still felt really fresh despite that. It needs to be August right now. Also there needs to be a new Bushido Blade.
>>
>tfw you unlocked the Mark of the Conquer but forgot to "buy" it.
>>
>>345293715
>>345294018
Makes me happy to know I'm not the only one that actually used to play those games.
>>
>>345290485
>to Ninja Gaiden
lol, it's nothing like NG.

It was compared to Soulsborne games because of its pacing and HUD. Other than that, it's fairly different.
>>
>>345290485
what >>345290643 said
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/9-games-that-are-the-dark-souls-of-their-genre
>>
>>345294337
>this list
>everything is souls
So is /v/ the Dark Souls of videogame discussion?
>>
File: 1459664388889.jpg (65 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1459664388889.jpg
65 KB, 680x510
>>345294991
Yes, since it's very hard to have vidya discussion here.

Pic: The Dark Souls of malls
>>
>>345294114
That's rough, did you check your download list or library to see if it's still there? Even if it's not though you can always just get it again in the Beta.
>>
File: 20071212174809990035.jpg (40 KB, 402x268) Image search: [Google]
20071212174809990035.jpg
40 KB, 402x268
>>345295675
That was the joke.
Excuse me, I have to go play with my pet, he's actually the Dark Souls of cats.
>>
>>345296006
Haha. That's a cute panther.
>>
>>345295695
It's supposed to show up in the Purchase History with Nioh, right? It's not there.

Yeah, hopefully I can get it the second time around.
>>
>>345294114
Yeah, >>345295695 is right, have you checked your library? It should be listed under "Add Ons" under the Nioh demo's entry, even if you didn't D/L it at the time.
>>
File: IFuckedUp.png (13 KB, 997x579) Image search: [Google]
IFuckedUp.png
13 KB, 997x579
>>345296371
It should show up here, right?
>>
>>345296790
It should be, but it's rather odd that it's not. No luck in the library of your PS4 itself, either?
>>
>>345296146
Dude that's a lion but thanks.
>>345296790
I'm not actually sure, maybe you have to check on the PS4 itself.
>>
>>345296951
No, it doesn't show up there either. I don't know what I did.
>>
>>345297464
That's strange, but oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter too much since you can get the Mark in the upcoming Beta as well, and everyone knows you got it in spirit.
You DID get the Mark right?
You wouldn't lie to us now, would you?
>>
>>345296790
There should be two separate entries for nioh. One for the demo and another for the dlc. It should look like this.

If you still don't see it then you could try going to your services list in your account settings on your ps4 to see if it's there. If that doesn't work you're out of luck. At least until the beta demo that is.
>>
>>345294114
Enjoy being conquered
>>
>>345297968
I wouldn't lie to you, anon.

>>345298031
Nope, not there either.
>>
ITT: /v/ hasn't played Onimusha.
>>
>>345291258
>reading reviews about games by game journalists and not playing it yourself and having your own opinion.

just gtfo.

sidenote is the mark of the conqueror meme still a meme. i liked that meme. i want to play it now.
>>
>>345294018
i was so young...when i got penalized for slaughtering my enemy while he was getting up i was confused as fuck. taught me alot desu senpai.
>>
>>345298483
Probably just had to download it for it to actually show up in the list then, that's a shame. Dunno why you wouldn't since it asks you right after but what matters is you defeated the purest form of Nioh. If you really did.

>>345299609
>>345291256 also it'll be available in the Beta so it should gain multiple new layers. I wish the Alpha never left, I was still thinking of new things to try out for days after.
>>
>>345291256
#iamconqueror
>>
>>345299609
My whole argument and OPINION is that it's not only dark souls inspired and at that point dark souls has taken ideas from plenty of games before it. I'm guessing the reason you don't read articles is because you couldn't even read and comprehend what has already been written?
>>
>>345291256
THEBESTMEME2016

THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT LADS. DO NOT LOSE FAITH.
>>
Its basically confirmed that dual kat share the same skilltree as regular kat right?
>>
>>345299824
>fighting the guy with the gun and either killing him instantly or getting shot before being able to do a thing
>and then later unlocking him
>playing versus mode and having duels lasting forever with highest level mindgames until they end in a single swing
The bushido code thing was a really cool idea and I don't think I've ever really seen it done much since but man now is the perfect time for the series to come back, it's been long overdue. Speaking of samuraicore games, anyone play Sword of the Samurai?
>>
>>345290485
It's more like a hybrid of NG and Onimusha, it's nothing like souls though, also souls did not invent hard action games.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (37 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
37 KB, 250x375
>>345291942
alotta cunts
>>
>>345300291
Yeah, but despite that, the attacks look pretty unique and will all surely have their own spin on things. Plus there's no reason why they can't just have lmao2kat only skills on the katana skill tree.
>>
>>345300105
they dont write them for people like me. you or me. that write them for people who if you say "onimusha series" they go "never heard of it". do yourself a favour and dont read them either. also take your reading skills and shove em, friendo.
>>
>>345299910
>Dunno why you wouldn't since it asks you right after

I was too hyped to see the next level, so I just continued on with the intention of downloading it later. I guess I forgot to do it.
>>
Because the gameplay, level design and progression system were ripped straight out of dark souls. The only difference was the setting.
>>
>>345300661
up until ps2 and 3 games become hipster memes and cool to play tjen i guess people will understand other influences of games. as it stands if ur getting rustled from articles written by nobodies for cock suckers then my friend maybe you shouldnt read them
>>
>>345300391
The combat is it's own beast (and I'd honestly say it was a lot better), but a few of the concepts and quite a bit of the RPG mechanics are quite similar in structure to the Souls series. I think the game's overall unique and not really like Souls outright, but while I'll tell people that try to say the game's a 1:1 Soulsclone that they're dumb and wrong (like this dude >>345300758 thanks for sneaking in) I ain't going all the way overboard, there are still a decent amount of fair comparisons.
Writing it off as a direct ___clone though does the game a big disservice and misses the point of what they were making, whether that's Souls, NG or anything else. It's the sum of all those parts that makes it.
>>
>>345300661
Lmfao. I choose to read what I choose to read. Nobody here is taking an opinion from an article or taking it for anything more than face value. It's simply serving to spark a debate, friendo.
>>
>>345300757
Ah that's understandable, but yeah there was a little notice on the main menu where you could download it. Actually, I forget now, but maybe you could start the demo up and get far enough to get to the download, but I don't think that'd actually work.
>>
File: action park.jpg (86 KB, 922x544) Image search: [Google]
action park.jpg
86 KB, 922x544
>>345295675
The Dark Souls of theme parks
>>
File: Nioh Alpha Demo_20160429142850.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Alpha Demo_20160429142850.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>345301041
>but while I'll tell people that try to say the game's a 1:1 Soulsclone that they're dumb and wrong
You're fucking delusional if you think it's not just a souls clone with some useless mechanics ontop of it.
>>
>>345301240
Smh. People like you make me sad that souls ever became a thing.
>>
>>345301174
>maybe you could start the demo up and get far enough to get to the download, but I don't think that'd actually work.

haha, yeah, I tried that already.
>>
>>345301070
theres no debate. the developers stated their influences. your beef is with the articles you dense turd.
>>
>>345291258
who the fuck reads those
>>
>>345301240
>pic related something that completely sets it apart from the Souls series
Did you actually play the game for a reasonable amount of time? The combat is miles different for one thing.
>>
>>345301520
fuck it. he deserves it
>>
>>345301563
>I've never played demon's souls - the post
>The combat is miles different for one thing.
Except it isn't. Yes, you can hold your weapons in 3 different ways and quickly swap those styles but that's about it. If anything it's similar to the trick weapons of bloodborne.
>Did you actually play the game for a reasonable amount of time?
I beat both levels as you can see in the fucking screenshot. This should be enough for you.
>>
>>345301425
>“We have no problems with the comparisons to Dark Souls because we have a lot of Souls fans on our development teams. So it’s kind of a badge of honor,“ Yasuda told iDigitalTimes. “We don’t want to be seen as an imitation of them. They’ve been an influence but other games we’ve taken influence from are, obviously, the Ninja Gaiden series. Also Onimusha and hack-and-slash games like Diablo .”

The only beef is with you senpai. You can't possibly be this stupid to not read and see that not even just the "reviews" you're talking about but even people in this thread all calling it a 1:1 clone.
>>
>>345301786
For a start the stance system has a lot more to it than that, each stance has unique attacks, dodges and mechanics to it and can take advantage of Ki Pulse and the Ki gauge in general in their own different way. They're far more than just a new set of moves but even taking just that, they're on a much higher level than Bloodborne was, with far more moves and them all working totally differently.
Speaking of, Ki Pulse itself as well as the stagger for both you and the enemy when you run out of Ki is another thing that drastically changes how the game plays, as well as actually being able to see the enemy's Ki gauge and actively play around or influence it. There's also the fact that different enemies are affected by an empty Ki gauge differently. There was also how you couldn't freely run to circlestrafe enemies without exposing your back, but since people like you complained the "soulsclone" wasn't enough of a soulsclone they've changed that, and come August I'm going to request a reversion to it in every field of the survey.
There's also skill trees for each class of weapon along with special moves that you can set to specific stances to customize your moveset, some even with special inputs.

I don't think I need to go into the game's balance, how Ninjutsu/Onmyo magic works or bows either but it's clear you didn't actually try exploring the combat. Oh and I got Demon's Souls on it's release day and completed it several times. Picked Wanderer, the Large Sword of Searching is underrated and one of the coolest weapons.
>>
File: nioh_screenshot12.jpg (714 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nioh_screenshot12.jpg
714 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone got a webm of the Semen Demon of the latest trailer yet?
>>
File: 32.jpg (224 KB, 915x704) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
224 KB, 915x704
This is my spiritfu. There are many like it in this game but this one is mine. My spiritfu is my best friend. It is my life. I must mater it as I must master my life. Without me, my sipritfu is useless. Without my spiritfu I am useless. I must use my spiritfu true. I must cut straigther than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must cut him before he cuts me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my spiritfu and myself are defenders of glorious NIPPON, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviours of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. SAYONARA.
>>
>>345303690
kek
>>
File: sharkattack.png (305 KB, 555x295) Image search: [Google]
sharkattack.png
305 KB, 555x295
>>345303690
MY SPIRIT IS A SHARK
>>
>>345303690
You see that spirit? You can fuck it.
>>
>>345292029
>hurr durr souls invented status bars

kill yourself, dipshit
>>
>>345292029
>It's fucking Dark Souls there's no hiding it.
It plays nothing like Dark Souls you fuck wit
You would know this if you actually played the Alpha
>>
>>345303690
Nice
>>
File: 1463576007969.jpg (74 KB, 500x889) Image search: [Google]
1463576007969.jpg
74 KB, 500x889
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk
>>
>>345290485
because, for the common casual, everything with melee weapons, lock on, hit and dodge tactics is a dark souls clone
>>
>hard for the sake of being hard
>level design where you unlock checkpoints and shortcuts throughout the level
>respawn system where your currency stays on the ground after you die and if you die a second time it's gone
>weapon durability system
>level up at checkpoints
>respawning enemies after using shrines except for some "midstage" bosses
>healing items being replenished when praying at shrines

Even if the souls series didn't invent those things, they pretty much were the first to combine them all into one game. Nioh basically took that as their base and added some minor things and tweaked the combat a little.
>>
>>345305427
This guy's videos never get old no matter how many times I watch them.
>>
File: 1419845513108.jpg (32 KB, 478x457) Image search: [Google]
1419845513108.jpg
32 KB, 478x457
>>345305427

What a cutie. What's her problem?
>>
>>345305998
To be fair, Souls durability is literally nothing. I really liked Nioh having a durability system that actually had a semblance of an effect for once.
Then everyone ruined it with their shortsightedness.
>>
File: not geralt-sama.jpg (268 KB, 960x767) Image search: [Google]
not geralt-sama.jpg
268 KB, 960x767
>>
>temporary experience that can be lost upon death
>death leaves a bloodstain containing your XP, and also can create bloodstains in other player's worlds
>game is checkpoint based
>at checkpoints you can heal, level up, manage equipment and spells
>level design is based largely on exploration and unlocking shortcuts, culminating in a boss challenge
>you can summon players for assistance and they get a reward if they help you kill the boss

Am I talking about Dark Souls or Ni-Oh?
>>
File: Anjin-5.jpg (2 MB, 3795x3500) Image search: [Google]
Anjin-5.jpg
2 MB, 3795x3500
>>345307534
>finding the tutorial message explaining Ki Pulse
>>
File: 1456064346345.jpg (87 KB, 800x1011) Image search: [Google]
1456064346345.jpg
87 KB, 800x1011
Why can't I download the Nioh demo?!
>>
>>345308131
Was time limited. Next one will be out in August though.
>>
>>345308131
The Alpha demo was a limited time only thing that was live a few months or so ago. There's going to be a Beta demo in August which will have the same levels along with two new ones, a tutorial dojo level and all the changes they made to the game, for better or for worse.
>>
>>345307768
Dark souls, obviously. Nioh had grave markers, not blood stains.
>>
>>345307768
Well one is a JRPG and one is a WRPG.
>>
>>345291074
>>345290485
Stamina bar and rolling to win. DUH its now a clone. Also different lvl loot/ farming for items
>>
>>345308710
>>345290485
>>345291074
Also Bonfire= shrine
>>
>>345308710
Actually it's funny, rolling isn't as good in Nioh and is different depending on stance so you have to think more about when you do it. You also can block sooner than you can roll after being hit so you can't panic roll out of strings like you have to in Souls. It's another thing that really sets it apart.
>>
File: 1433249230754.jpg (38 KB, 386x363) Image search: [Google]
1433249230754.jpg
38 KB, 386x363
>>345303690
>>
Nioh is the dark souls of dark souls-likes.
>>
File: samanosuke_by_danusko.jpg (281 KB, 534x784) Image search: [Google]
samanosuke_by_danusko.jpg
281 KB, 534x784
>>345290485
When I first saw the trailers, the game gave me Onimusha vibes, then I looked at gameplay videos and the first thought that came to mind was it looking more closely to a Souls game with a feudal/sengoku era setting. Ninja Gaiden is way more fast paced than this.
>>
>>345290485
it's obvious that you've never played Dark Souls then
/thread
>>
I thought the game would be too easy since I'm good at dark souls; after getting my shit pushed in for 10 minutes I learned the game's mechanics and realized it was better than souls in terms of combat.
>>
>>345309469
Dark Souls combat is anything but complex, so that's not hard to top.
>>
So what other kinds of Guardian Spirits would you guys like to see added? With the ox they now have every element covered (unless they did some kinda nonelemental thing or make more) but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some way of upgrading them into new ones or just finding others.
>>
File: 1465740923097.png (276 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1465740923097.png
276 KB, 499x499
You think the faggot from the latest trailer is the endboss? I hope not, he looks really bad.
>>
>>345309626
I'm guessing the pink fairy thing (I'm thinking she might be the Celtic deity thing that's resurrecting William, since she appeared in both the initial re-reveal trailer and on the cover artwork) is non-elemental, since pink doesn't cross over with any of the elements in-game.
>>
>>345310484
I think she's not actually going to be a selectable spirit and is more of a guiding character in the game, since she's very likely doing the resurrecting thing and is talking in the trailer.
>>
>>345310235
He might be, but even if he is he'll probably have at least 2 other crazy demon forms or something.
I'll never forgive the guy that made this for not calling him Shilliam Adams
>>
>>345304450
I never said that you moron, it just contributes to how the hud is very similar to Dark Souls.
Stop manipulating sentences and kill yourself already.
>>345304653
I still have the alpha and yes I know there are the three different stances which is what separates the combat from Dark Souls but how do you explain the shrines and item select at the bottom left corner?

I brushed off any claims that nioh was a lot like dark souls but then I actually played the alpha I was suprised it was a lot more similar than I would have thought.
>>
>>345290485
dude it's fucking dark souls, even if it looks amazing
>>
>>345312398
The main differences lie in the combat, which is the heart and soul (huehue) of Nioh. I did this earlier and the guy ran away or something >>345303396
The game does have it's clear inspirations but they're only one part of the whole, and in the grand scheme of things it's as different as it is similar.
>>
I'm pretty mad they removed durability
>>
>people still comparing it to ninja giaden

kill yourself
>>
>>345312752
Me too. The lock on movement change is a really bad move too. Gonna have my survey filled with requests to change them back. When I think about it, it seems a little too late for them to change things that big and rework the rest of the game to compensate, so it could end up really unbalanced.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.