[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't you guys tell me this game was excellent? >Intro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
Why didn't you guys tell me this game was excellent?

>Intro leads player to believe it's a shitty CoD style shooting gallery on rails
>turns into a nightmarish Nazi madhouse with cool locations and actual storytelling.
>Actual stealth without gay detective vision or whatever.
>Shootan is fun as fuck
>>
>>345279219
what?
it got pretty universal acclaim when it came out, which was really unexpected because all the previews looked bad
>>
We aren't responsible for you. Stop asking why we don't tell you things. We are not babysitting you.
>>
>>345279219
I get pretty sad when Bethshekel didnt reveal anything about new Wolfenstein in E3.
I hope next year!
>>
>>345279219

We did, 2 years ago when it was released, poorfag.
>>
It's one of the best shooters I've ever played. Certainly best modern shooter.
>>
>>345279219
It overall had positive reviews, I didn't get it until it was cheap on PSN last October or November and I was pleasantly surprised.
>>
not enough QTEs
>>
File: notbad.png (152 KB, 395x442) Image search: [Google]
notbad.png
152 KB, 395x442
DESU Bethesda should change the marketing team. This was basically D44M's shitty advertisement. It took a while for i to even sound interesting or remotely fun.

The previews were HORRID. Like, I didnt even consider getting it until one of my friends, who's a fan of old school shooters told me it was great. Then I saw, indeed, everyone in general liked the game a lot. I personally consider it now the best game of 2014, it was a blast all the way through.

Trailers did got better as time went on tho. Dat german music was a really good choice.

PROTIP : skip to 2:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZiFLb0XMw
>>
>>345281190
There was a subtle line in their e3 intro hinting about something wolfenstein
>>
Game was fun but I wish it was more like a traditional fps and didn't have nazi generals that radio people in
>>
File: xB9gXQV.jpg (174 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
xB9gXQV.jpg
174 KB, 800x585
>>345279219
>Reboot of Wolfenstein
>Looks like generic shooter shit from the previews and everyone's reaction to it is either it's OK or it sucks ass
>Actually really fucking fun and finally ditches the stupid magic shit they've been stuck in forever Until Old Blood, which isn't that fun to be honest. and go back to shooting up Nazis, even shooting them on the goddamn moon, while exploring levels for secrets

>Reboot of Doom
>Looks like generic shooter shit from the previews and everyone's reaction to it is either it's OK or it sucks ass
>Actually really fucking fun and avoids the "ooh, spooky demons and darkness" and the survival shooter shit from Doom 3 and instead go back to ripping and tearing demons while exploring levels for secrets

>All the while being published by Bethesda

Fucking sorcery I tell you, but god damn are they both fun.
>>
>>345282816

Doomguy would be dead in 2 fucking seconds in that room.
>>
>>345282816
After you make shit games for so long the best way to meme them is act like its going to be shit and then go "wait lets make it good just for a goof lol"
>>
File: ohmPUVh.jpg (30 KB, 263x465) Image search: [Google]
ohmPUVh.jpg
30 KB, 263x465
>>345282906

He's fucking doomguy though.
>>
>>345281190
Rewatch the intro
>>
>>345282971
Well it was published by Bethesda, not developed.

Think that explains a few things.
>>
It's not, it's shit. People who like run and gun shooters don't know what the fuck they want which is why you get people praising Wolf TNO and then turning around and shitting on the new Doom despite them being so similar.
>>
>tfw got bored of it when you had to infiltrate that guardpost or whatever it was that you went to after getting smuggled out by those old people
>>
>>345283409
Its still a little surprising they allowed a good game to go through them being published without forcing them to make it bad.
>>
>>345282816
Yeah bethesda has pretty much perfected making solid fps but they still are retarded
>>
>>345279219
Yeah man, it was great. Way better than anyone expected, way better than it had any right to be. It was the first Doom 2016 style surprise quality game. Can't wait for their next game.
>>
>>345281190
machine games worked a fair bit on d4.
zionmax has the policy of releasing 1 big game per year with an elder scroll spin off and dlcs galore for these big games. if todd hold true to his "tes6 will be long promise", next year we will see something from machinegame or tangogame.
>>
>>345282906
>Doomguy would be dead in 2 fucking seconds in that room.

You act like death means anything to Doomguy.
Remember what happened the last time the demons managed to kill him in canon?

Doomguy went to Hell.

And then he just started shredding it to pieces so badly that Hell practically spit him back out and returned him to life just so that they didn't need to deal with him anymore.
>>
>>345283565
I don't think there's anybody who likes Wolfenstein and Hates the new doom and I think you've just come up with an imaginary person to get mad at
>>
>>345283774
Don't give Bethesda any credit, they only published those games. Wolfenstein was dev'd by machinegames, doom16 actually I can't remember who did it so maybe it was one of their in-house teams, but not the same people who churn out trash elder scrolls and fallout redskins every other year.
>>
>>345281190
E3 2016 told us about Wolfenstein The New Colossus, which is mostly likely getting shown at Quake Con in August along with Quake Champions.
>>
>>345283719
Very true.

I'm just waiting for when they publish an Elder Scrolls spin off like New Vegas that's developed by a different company, and it turns out to be 100% better in every way than Skyrim despite running on a really shitty engine and using the majority of Skyrim's assets.

>>345283672
That was Chapter 2 man.

Do you get bored of movies when they have a minute of logos? Seriously, it just gets better and better.

Shooting fucking nazis on the fucking moon for christsake, it's fucking crazy.
>>
>>345284215
Maybe it is just different people but it seems there's a lot more hate for Doom than there was for Wolf TNO.
>>
>>345282006
Bethesda takes marketing advise from Nintendo of America.

>if it's not OUR BIGGEST IP, don't really show people how cool it is and make it look sub-standard

>Doom and TNO both have incredibly mediocre showing before releasing and proving to be great games
>TEW's previews are literally the first ten minutes FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS
>when an actual demo comes out, Pete Hines can't even fucking beat it on stream for people
>>
>>345284276
Just play elder scroll online :^)
>>
>>345284226
>doom16 actually I can't remember who did it
Oh I don't know, maybe id Software?
>>
>>345284351
>Pete Hines
Is he altman's niece or some shit. how is this pr disaster still walking around and replace Todd as the company's face
>>
>>345284426
I'm still surprised people play that and that it got an expansion / DLC thing. Haven't touched the game myself, but I heard all sorts of problems around release.

Has anything changed? Has it finally become fun?
>>
File: 1465055307702.jpg (4 MB, 2368x2083) Image search: [Google]
1465055307702.jpg
4 MB, 2368x2083
I liked the game but do not rate the stealth sections at all. If you've played any of the Thief games (even the reboot), the stealth in this feels laughably easy.

I liked the bridge of classic shooting and modern fps like CoD or MoH. It felt natural and was fun to play.

Shame there was no multiplayer. Some of the most fun I have ever had at a LAN party was playing the beach map in RtCW
>>
>>345284738
Not him, but i actually think its the best mmo atm. And it has been getting quarterky dlc's from launch. Dlcs are pretty muxh content patches but i dont see it as a problem. But if you didnt like the game back then you are not gonna like it now. Proceed with caution.
>>
>>345279219
Any news on "New Colossus"?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.