[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With more PC games coming to console, from the freemium shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: You're making me nervous.png (118 KB, 250x206) Image search: [Google]
You're making me nervous.png
118 KB, 250x206
With more PC games coming to console, from the freemium shit (Blacklight, World of Tanks, Warframe), and previous "PC exclusives" (Divinity, XCOM 2) do you see Arma 3 getting ported to the Scorpio/PS4.5?
>>
File: gc.jpg (1 KB, 48x43) Image search: [Google]
gc.jpg
1 KB, 48x43
>>345265819
>console kids
>every enjoying arma

>arma on a controller

>arma ever running on a little fisherprice toy
>>
>>345265819
>Console AMD cpu

Nope
>>
>>345265819

I don't even know how you would play it on a controller. ARMA needs kb+m because nearly every fucking key actually does something. Straight up, there's not enough buttons on the Xbox controller.

And because ARMA 3 is still pretty doesn't use multi-core at all it'll run like hot dogshit on a console.
>>
>>345266460
Why does it need so many keys?
>>
>>345266670
WHISPER KICKS
>>
File: arma controller.jpg (19 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
arma controller.jpg
19 KB, 400x285
>>345265819
yea, you'll need this special controller to play it tho
>>
File: arma2controls.png (94 KB, 1154x866) Image search: [Google]
arma2controls.png
94 KB, 1154x866
>>345266670

Because the game deals with a lot of tactical and command controls, so you can report and give out orders and such, and then it adds in some military flavor, like there's a button to salute, there's bringing up a compass, watch, map, binoculars, nvgs, ect. There's a lot it has to ready for simulation.
>>
>>345265819
I was going to say there's no way in hell thay could map all those functions to a game controller, but one of those Operation Flashpoint games (red river I think) were on to something.
>>
>>345267263
just put all of those behind a menu on console and just map it like Battlefield or CoD
>>
>>345266670
Opening doors.
>>
>>345267504

Mouse scroll doubles for menu shit, but that'd also be a very complex menu to be going through when you could just hit a few keys really quick on the keyboard by comparison.

We haven't even gotten to the problems of the actual game, like how the fuck do you plan on hitting a target 400m away with a controller? Most people using controllers can't even take down a stationary target only like 20-30 meters away in a decent amount of time.
>>
>>345265819
>do you see Arma 3
Nope, not a chance.
>>
It would be awesome for me cause I suck at keyboard and mouse. It wouldn't be all that hard. Op. Flashpoint was on the original Xbox and for it's time it worked out fine. Not to mention that you could group similar functions to one button like ghost recon 2, op. Flashpoint red river and Dragon rising did. So weapon controls (like reloading, fire controls, ect) would be x, square. Stance would be b, circle (hold then move the stick up or down like MOH did with leaning) interaction, vaulting, doors etc would be a, x. The menues could funtion like the witcher or any other game like that. Might not, no definitely look as pretty but milsim on console sucks and they could make some dosh off of it
>>
File: 1365822734027.gif (3 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
1365822734027.gif
3 MB, 298x224
>>345265819

>ArmA console port
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.