[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
let me suck this game's dick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: 3412431243.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3412431243.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
>this gameplay
>this music
>this enemy variety
>that 3D implementation
>these hand crafted sprites
>these animations
>this beautiful art direction

>my fucking face when I discovered the inverted castle

holy fucking shit, I was a fan of every 2d metroid game, but I have never played this gem. way ahead of its time, a flawed game, but now I get all the praise
sure the rpg system was kinda miss-placed and there was no real weapon variety and the level design was unsatisfactory. but man the charm of this game makes me forget about that

how could they made this game and get away with it?
where do I go now? what castlevania gets most close to this?

metroidvania thread I guess
post lists, share games, talk about upcoming tittles, I need more nigga
>>
I played SOTN for the first time a few months ago and I agree. I was pretty blown away by the aesthetics though I had some issues with the level design. Still a great game.

Funnily enough, I had played many SOTN-clones before I finally played the game that inspired them.

On the DS I would recommend looking into Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia. Neither have the same oomph as SOTN, but are very solid games in the mold of Symphony.
>>
>>345264006
>sure the rpg system was kinda miss-placed and there was no real weapon variety and the level design was unsatisfactory. but man the charm of this game makes me forget about that
You forgot the part where it didn't have any difficulty.
>>
File: 33450-Demon's_Crest_(USA)-1.jpg (87 KB, 792x669) Image search: [Google]
33450-Demon's_Crest_(USA)-1.jpg
87 KB, 792x669
I also remember thinking about how much the game had this Gothic beautiful sprite art that was in demon's crest, is there any spiritual successor to this game?

>>345264596
yes sir, the game was easy as shit, but the whole item hunting keept me going
I mean I'm sure the game can be more challenging if you speed run for it, like not getting the combat knife or not using items at all
but yes, a harder setting was needed
>>
File: 1428747386143.jpg (131 KB, 872x964) Image search: [Google]
1428747386143.jpg
131 KB, 872x964
>game is too easy
>the only difficulty hack removes some cool items from the game instead of balancing them
>>
Super Metroid is still my favorite, but I'm fucking old. Any Metroid (other than M) is fun.

Bloodstained looks like fun.
>>
File: 1468160450273.jpg (3 MB, 2000x7800) Image search: [Google]
1468160450273.jpg
3 MB, 2000x7800
this is a list I found
but there's no enviromental station alpha or upcoming titles
>>
>>345264262
>On the DS I would recommend looking into Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.
Dawn of Sorrow is better than both of those you fucking retard.

>in b4 you whine about some anime portraits that you see for 30 seconds
>>
File: Best moonlight.jpg (451 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Best moonlight.jpg
451 KB, 1920x1080
>>345264006
Best thing is, there's a 3D version of it too.

While SotN is quite easy and perhaps some of the GBA games do the formula better, nothing beats the whole package, from the aesthetics to sound design
>>
>>345265760
lol fuck off, autist, if that bothers you so much. DoS would be a game I would recommend if the dumb DS stylus gimmicks didn't get old after 3 boss fight scribble-matches and 4 "ice block tap the block away!" rooms.

PoR and OoE by contrast have less, if not no moments that rely on the DS stylus to actually progress through the main game. And if the stupid anime portraits really bothered me, why would I mention PoR, which has an even MORE anime aesthetic and story than DoS?
>>
>>345264006
Aria of Sorrow is probably the game most similar to SotN. While it's enjoyable, it ultimately feels like a watered-down SotN, so I didn't like it as much as Circle of the Moon.

Order of Ecclesia is my overall favorite amongst the exploration-focused Castlevania games. It can't outmatch SotN's environments or music, but the combat is significantly better.
>>
>>345265578
>Pirate's Curse
>meh
Excuse you?
>>
>>345267660
I've never had much a taste for Metroidvania games but Order of Ecclesia feels so fucking good. The game controls perfectly and the powers are fun as fuck to play with.

Perhaps it's the Metroidvania for people who don't play Metroidvanias.
>>
>>345267929

Looks like just an old list that anon found. Usually those lists are designed to get people to argue so don't worry about it. Order of Ecclesia isn't even on it.
>>
>>345264006
I AM THE WIND

I AM THE SUN
>>
File: Metroidvanias.jpg (3 MB, 2000x7800) Image search: [Google]
Metroidvanias.jpg
3 MB, 2000x7800
>>
Just played Dawn of Sorrow recently as my first Castlevania. Ordered Portrait of Ruin. Need to stop being lazy and play SoTN on my brother's ps3. Order of Ecclesia after that is my only other plan, thinking about playing Castlevania 1-3 on 3ds eshop but not sure other than that, any suggestions?
>>345267481
Yeah I hated the boss seals. But other than a boss or two where I failed the seal and then died, they're not that bad, the ice isn't really good or bad either, and there wasn't much of it. Plus Julius mode has none of that bollocks, I certainly wouldn't say avoid Dawn of Sorrow because of it.
>>345265768
What game's this?
>>
File: CRISSAEGRIM.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
CRISSAEGRIM.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>345264006
REKT
>>
>>345265578
I'm surprised that /v/ likes Aria of sorrow more then circle of moon.

It might be a little more lacking in content and graphic,but It's difficulty Is so well scaled and It's straightforwardness Is commendable. It's a lot more similar to Classicvanias as there's no gimmick weapons, you just gotta whip stuff.
>>
I think Aria is the closest to SotN but something about it's atmosphere rubs me wrong at the same time. Whether it's the shitty gba music or the fact the castle is floating in a void I don't know but it's probably the most "off" feeling game as a result.

But it's still probably my favorite just for the last few boss fights.
>>
if only it weren't super fucking easy throughout the entire game
>>
>>345272060
>what game
bloodborne
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.