[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NES Classic Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: thefuture.jpg (24 KB, 930x542) Image search: [Google]
thefuture.jpg
24 KB, 930x542
Who's getting it?

Includes:
Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts'N Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

What more could you want?
>>
Wow, so much value in one little package! I'll be sure to pre-order this wonderful deal right away!
>>
>>345253491
I've thought about it, but I think my own debate about what makes more sense for me comes down to a Raspberry Pi 3, or going all out and building a SteamOS machine.
>>
Build a small computer with a Radeon card for CRT RGB output for probably less than what that thing will cost.
>>
>>345253491
...That's it?

No, why waste sixty burgers when I can just emulate the entire NES and Super NES libraries for less?
>>
>>345253491
>what is the wii u virtual console
>>
>>345255535
>emulate
I think you meant "steal"
No thanks
>>
>>345255349
I think you'd be hard pressed to build a system with discrete graphics for $60. Even integrated graphics for a retro emulation machine you're looking at $100. Single board machines like the Raspberry Pi are about the only computers that can hit that price point and also get you a tiny form factor.

The only PC you'd get with discrete graphics for that kind of money is going to be some badly outdated system you luck into being given or find while dumpster diving.
>>
I'm probably gonna pick up two. One to keep sealed and another to use. The one I'll open I may consider opening it for parts so I can put a raspberry pi inside to run emulation station and use the NES shell as a case.
>>
>>345253491
Waro's woods and lost levels
>>
>>345253491
Would be a better value if they sold it with those games on a USB you'd plug into the fucker. That way they could also sell game pack updates for the tech illiterate 30-somethings that would buy this thing.
>>
File: for what purpose.jpg (26 KB, 400x562) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.jpg
26 KB, 400x562
>Simon's Quest instead of CV3.
>>
>>345255739
No, I mean emulate, if you have access to Nintendo's virtual console already you can play those games for less.
>>
>>345255912
It probably already is something equivalent to a RaspPi.
>>
>>345253491
>buy it
>play for 2 hours
>let it collect dust in closet for years, never to be touched again
>>
>No Link to the Past
>No Super Mario World

Fucking dropped
>>
>>345253491
>No Mario 2

Into the trash.
>>
>>345256436
/thread
>>
>>345256241
Not really buying like this is 2 burgers a game
Virtual console is 5 burgers a game
>>
>>345256436
>>345256552
it's NES..
>>
>>345256436
It's for a selection of Nes games, not Super Nes

Still, that's a pitiful library
>>
>>345256436
SMB3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> World
>>
>>345256436
>>345256552
It's not a mini super nintendo fagotd
>>
unless your a moron who throws away your old pc parts, chances are you already have an all purpose small box machine hooked up to your tv that runs emulation, plays movies/shows, classic games, internet, and shitposts on /v/ from the comfort of your couch.

otherwise you just buy a pi 3, some controllers, and emulate everything under the sun and you can actually add games to it
>>
>>345256608
Why would I pay for all those games when I'd only realistically play four of them. Still paying less just to buy the four I want on virtual console. There is zero point to having payed for thirty titles when you only want a handful unless you just like pissing money away.
>>
File: 1442824524717.gif (4 MB, 339x407) Image search: [Google]
1442824524717.gif
4 MB, 339x407
>>345256436
>Hey kids! Check out this cool NES emulator!
"Where the fuck are the SNES games? Fuck this shit"
>W-what? But it's a NES emulat-
"Fucking Nintendo, fucking dropped."
>>
if only this was actual NES hardware and not Nintendo's VC emulator...
You guys are basically buying a VC machine that only plays 30 games. IT'S NOT AN ACTUAL NES!
>>
>mfw just downloaded every one of those games from Archive.org No-Intro collection

laughingelfman.jpg
>>
>>345253491
A

FUCKING

EMULATOR
>>
File: 1446656411834.jpg (31 KB, 480x327) Image search: [Google]
1446656411834.jpg
31 KB, 480x327
>>345253491
I already have a NES. They're like 15 bucks.
>>
>>345253491
If they make a SNES one, I might get it.
>>
>>345257026
That does seem likely that it is really some sort of ARM based emulator system. It could also easily be a modern SOC that happens to have the needed hardware embedded.

Of course if that's what you want I found one on Amazon the other day with cartridge slots and actual NES controller ports for about half the price.
>>
>>345256909
>Why didn't you include a SNES emulator too??. It'd be literal pennies in extra development cost.
>S-shut up!!!
>>
It's been said many times but a snes one would have been better and you know it. Snes library is beyond amazing. I would have loved to have a little system with stuff like Chrono Trigger, FF4-6, LttP, SMW, SoM/SoE, Super Metroid, Breath of Fire 1/2, Earthbound, Dragon Quest, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia and it just keeps going. I mean fuck. No comparison.
>>
File: 1358478529097.gif (828 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1358478529097.gif
828 KB, 200x189
WOW, how the HELL do they fit all those games in that small box??? That has to be several MEGABYTES wort of games!!
>>
Just emulate that shit and get a replica SNES USB controller

Same shit, more freedom.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.