[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New patch is coming out next week! Is it worth resubing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Final-Fantasy-XIV.jpg (121 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-XIV.jpg
121 KB, 624x351
New patch is coming out next week!
Is it worth resubing?
>>
Legion is literally around the corner. Fuck off.
>>
no idea, it'll be a make or break for 3.3 as a whole though

the idea is randomized dungeons + party role comp doesn't matter + ilvl is meaningless + items with special effects found and used inside can lead to success or failure

so on paper it sounds sort of like a rogue like mode, but nobody knows exactly how it'll play out
>>
File: 1468093747566.jpg (477 KB, 812x806) Image search: [Google]
1468093747566.jpg
477 KB, 812x806
>>345249801
>WoW
>2016

Enjoy your Garrisons 2.0
>>
File: 1459383494257.png (1 MB, 1024x720) Image search: [Google]
1459383494257.png
1 MB, 1024x720
Heavensward was supposed to change the entire game. All we got was a $40 patch instead of a expansion.
>>
>>345251105
I feel like that's an unfair comparison though, it added far more than any normal patch did and I don't see how people thought it was going to be some sort of major overhaul anyways. It got exactly what's standard for an MMO expansion, did people think we were getting rebooted again?
>>
>>345251105
>Heavensward was supposed to change the entire game
Why would you think that? MMO expansions normally just include new classes, new gameplay elements, and new dungeons/raids. If you want an example of a glorified content patch sold as an expansion, look at Warlords of Draenor.
>>
>>345251506
>I don't see how people thought it was going to be some sort of major overhaul anyways

"the next expansion will change EVERYTHING! now that ARR has set the game up and established a solid base, 3.0 will be HARD CHALLENGING AND DIFFERENT"

- paraphrasing of fraudshi-p talking about heavensward before release
>>
>>345251781
What did you even want them to change, then? The patch content hasn't been up to par with the 2.x series but I don't know what people were expecting them to do in the expansion itself. And don't even get started on challenging content, the last two raid tiers have proven that 99% of the playerbase weren't actually ready for endgame to get any more difficult than it had been so far.
>>
>>345252159

don't ask me dude, i'm just quoting the man in charge who promised something then didn't deliver. i stopped playing the game a while ago when i realised i had enjoyed almost nothing since heavensward
>>
>>345250796
And enjoy your 2.5 GCDs, friend.

Both Legion and this trash are gonna suck and you all know it.
>>
>>345249427
No because I still haven't figured out how to play this game without looking at my skill bar 85% of the time.
>>
>>345252440
What's wrong with 2,5 gcd?
>>
>>345252539

2.5 GCD makes the game feel really slow and sluggish compared to other MMOs. I know its supposed to make things more tactical and all that, but it really puts me and a lot of others off, which is sad because the game seems pretty alright.
>>
>>345252756
>2.5 GCD makes the game feel really slow and sluggish compared to other MMOs
How so?
>>
>>345252756
I felt the same way too, but if you're playing a melee dps especially the inclusion of positional moves and off-gcd moves helps it feel much better when doing stuff in the endgame.
>>
>>345252756

there's lots of oGCD stuff and the nippon networking couldn't handle more than 1 action per second anyway. of course they still designed a Job that in supposed play with like 3-4 inputs in a GCD even though it's barely possible.

ARR turned out great rite though guys.
>>
>>345252756
Play Ninja.
>>
>>345252505
Customize your toolbar so that you have a natural feeling progression of moves. I don't know about PC but I have my PS4 setup so that combos are generally square, cross, circle or left, down, right. I hardly know the names or symbols of most of the moves but I do know what they do based on where I've placed them.
>>
>>345255887
I tried to use a controller once but it was too confusing to me. I guess I will try it again if I resub, at least I don't have to buy one of these silly gamer mouses.
I really wish XIV had Ragnarok Online's battle mode (set it on to use half of your keyboard as skill buttons with no config required, turn it off to get your old shortcuts back), it made shit so easy to play.
>>
>>345252820
>>345253090
>>345254173
>>345254385

>this desperation to defend a shit feature

fuck of weebshits. your shit is even worse than wow's expansion, if you can imagine something worse than that. how you autists can play that childish cartoonish mess is beyond me. at least keep your cancer off the boards, nobody has ever fallen for it anyway. you get btfo and insulted into oblivion every time, and yet you still come back. get a clue, you fucking fatass autists
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.