[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never played this game before, what's the ideal platform
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
I never played this game before, what's the ideal platform to play it on as of modern day?
>>
>>345249383
3DS remake
>>
N64
>>
>>345249383
emulator with all the graphics mods
>>
>>345249460
First post, best post
>>
you'll play it for 20 minutes, get bored and go back to playing overwatch or league of legends
>>
>>345249762
But I don't like Overwatch or League of Legends.

I'll probably love this game :^)
>>
>>345249383
I know you were not asking for this. but, to be pretty honest.....

while the way the story is told is compelling and well done, the actual story itself, is pretty "meh". its just good versus evil, and not intrinsically interesting (unlike planescape torment).

while at the time the game play was revolutionary, be prepared to be a little underwhelmed by it considering what we have now.
>>
>>345250116
Assuming he's played any other Zelda game, or any other Nintendo game for that matter, I'm sure he knows roughly what he's in for and how to enjoy it.
>>
>>345250116
I can take those technical aspects with a grain of salt. I'm mostly looking forward to the atmosphere, visual design, and music.
>>
>>345250369
>atmosphere, visual design, and music
okay you should have a good time then

>>345250345
for sure. its a pretty big red flag for me when i hear people say the story for this game was great. its so basic.
>>
File: IMG_0116.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0116.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>345249383
if you got the opportunity play it this way. Then you can play with the uncensored mirror shield design and the uncensored fire temple theme if it's the right cartridge
>>
>>345249383
3DS
>>
i just finished links awakening dx last night and dear god i dont think there is a better zelda game. maybe mm.. but the only thing that held la back was the item swapping but its understandable because the og gameboy had 2 buttons only.
>>
>what's the ideal platform as of modern day

Depending on why you're asking this question when you've never played it; you are either already starting down the path of disappointment because you have some pretense of the intense exhilaration this game is supposed to bring you, that you just HAVE to know the ideal fix. In which case, you might as well watch a let's play of the game because nothing will satisfy you.

OR

You want to know because you're afraid there might be something game-breaking about Ocarina of Time, which given its reputation is highly unlikely.

Listen """"bro"""" if you want to play the ideal version of Ocarina of Time, then play only old-school games for a month straight to desensitize yourself, and then jump into the game cold turkey. Which version doesn't matter. Personally, I prefer the GCN version (either MQ or Collector's Ed, they're both the same), because it has rumble and doesn't have any of the white lines that you get on the Wii VC. But it doesn't matter. Someone's whose never played OoT before shouldn't be picky. Would you be picky about the brand of water bottle someone gives you coming out of a desert?
>>
>>345249383
3DS remake. Water Temple isn't so bad on paper, but parts of the way the inventory is structured in the N64 version means that the Water Temple is much more of a slog than it ought to be.
>>
>>345250634
pix?
>>
You would like the water temple
>>
3DS if you want the objectively better and more upgraded game

N64 if you want the same experience most of us did
>>
File: Zelda OoT emulation 2016.jpg (252 KB, 1296x1042) Image search: [Google]
Zelda OoT emulation 2016.jpg
252 KB, 1296x1042
>>345249383
N64 emulator, on big screen, with a gamepad.
>>
>>345250819
i think that and wind waker are my two favorites
>>
>>345251132
You see, if I was playing that right now, that carpet would be flickering. I always have shit luck with N64 emulation.
>>
File: Zelda OoT settings.png (90 KB, 1023x591) Image search: [Google]
Zelda OoT settings.png
90 KB, 1023x591
>>345251132
>>345251219
here's some good settings for the game, that have worked just great for me the past 10 or so years.

>>345249762
>Overshit or LOL
well, if you have THAT shit of a taste, maybe.
I played it for the first time in 2010, on OG N64 I got earlier, and it soon became one of my favorite games of all time. I just don't expect everyone to have an CRT in their room these days.
>>
The 3DS version is generally improved without making any major changes to the original game. The only potential negative is the fact that some of the more frightening areas in the original have been significantly toned down aesthetically.

Can't really say the same for the MM remake. They changed a shitload of stuff and it's a different experience.
>>
>>345251327
Eh, while the higher poly & res models are neat, the lighting changes are very hit or miss, and the character movement or animations do look quite a bit more "floaty", as in lacking weight.

overall, the original N64's v1.0 version of OoT is still the overall best experience.
>>
>>345250920
?
>>
>>345250369
>I'm mostly looking forward to the atmosphere, visual design, and music
Avoid the 3ds remake then. Hd remakes don't always get things right (like the Silent Hill remake). Have fun.
>>
>>345250369
If you want the visual design and music to get the full aesthetic experience, play the straight ports or if you can at all the n64 one, it's still like 30 bucks online.
>>
>>345251146
i loved the story in LA so much. it was like they just stuck to a theme without going for major complexity which a lot of games do and usually becomes a burden and a slog. and the pacing was great too like the second to last level the game is like pushing you to crack that fucking egg open already...also the difficulty was so perfect - i tried not to use a guide but i had to like 4 times out of stupidity
>>
>>345251302
>here's some good settings for the game, that have worked just great for me the past 10 or so years.
thanks, I'll have to try that out with Perfect Dark too.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.