[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody willing to try a little Vulkan vs OpenGL benchmark i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 20160716225719_2.jpg (461 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160716225719_2.jpg
461 KB, 1920x1080
Anybody willing to try a little Vulkan vs OpenGL benchmark in DOOM?

Download PresentMon:
https://github.com/GameTechDev/PresentMon/releases/download/105/PresentMon64_Build105.zip

Run command prompt with admin privileges, navigate to the folder where you saved the file.

Then type in:
>PresentMon64.exe -process_name DOOMx64vk.exe
for the Vulkan executable
>PresentMon64.exe -process_name DOOMx64.exe
for the OpenGL executable

Run DOOM, select the API, load into the level, alt-tab and run whichever of the preceding commands corresponds to the API you're running under.

I've benchmarked at the battle where I'm looking in pic related, where the gore nest is.

You'll get a CSV for both OpenGL and Vulkan.
Import them into Excel, you'll be interested in the MsBetweenPresents column, which is your frametime.

For average use =ROUND(1000/AVG(x:y);0) and for 99th percentile =ROUND(1000/PERCENTILE(x:y;0.99);0)

Post results.
>>
File: bitka.png (17 KB, 839x435) Image search: [Google]
bitka.png
17 KB, 839x435
>>345246204
My results
>>
anyone know why my gpu runs so hot at 120 fps I have to turn f sync on to lock it at 30 with random jumps to sixty to keep it running cool
>>
>>345247348
What GPU.
>>
>>345247418
r9 390 I have not played for a week though since it happened
>>
lol if you fall for this
>>
>>345248597
Fall for what
>>
>>345248205
And the precise model?
When you cap the framerate you don't push the card nowhere near as hard.
Have you changed the fan curve at all? Fans are spinning? Try some benchmark like Unigine Heaven and report the temps.
>>
>>345249791
Oh and let it run for a while, 15 minutes or so. You want it to get properly heat-soaked.
>>
>>345249791
Gigabyte GV-R939G1 GAMING-8GD G1 Gaming Graphics Card AMD R9 390 512 Bit GDDR5 8GB 2xDVI/HDMI/3xDP
if I could just cap it at 60 I would do that my screen at the moment is only 60 but I can not so I am stuck at 30 with vsync
>>
>>345251698
Get free dxtory trial and cap fps to whatever you want with that, and disable rhe fps counter
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.