[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After thinking for a while, I finally realized why Nintendo fans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: wake up.jpg (99 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
wake up.jpg
99 KB, 2000x1125
After thinking for a while, I finally realized why Nintendo fans are so excited for Breath of the Wild, even when open world games have been popular for the best part of a decade and many of BOTW's "innovative" gameplay mechanics are something we've been seeing since Far Cry 2, or even Half-life 2's infamous "see-saw" puzzles:
Breath of the Wild is the very first time they have the chance to play a sandbox game. In the same way Playstation fans back in 2001 where immensely excited when Grand Theft Auto 3 was released, Nintendo fans are walking into a whole new world.
Xenoblade and Splatoon are examples of the same phenomenon: before them Nintendo users never played a JRPG or a third person shooter.

What do you think, /v/?
>>
I think ur a faget
>>
WOW
WHAT
A
FUCKING
FAG
JESUS
CHRIST
>>
it's sad that some people truly think this. That Nintendo platforms have never had these types of games
>>
>>345239687
Okay, if it's nothing new, you shouls be able to list some of them, right?
>>
>>345239872
They're not react examples but
>Zelda 1
>Mario 64
>Mario Sunshine

>RE4
>Starfox Assault
>Devil's Turd

>JRPG's
C'mon now
>>
>>345239872
Literally the first fucking zelda from the NES.
>>
File: patrick-bateman.jpg (92 KB, 938x944) Image search: [Google]
patrick-bateman.jpg
92 KB, 938x944
Cool thread OP. Check my 7
>>
As someone who has a gaming PC and access to all those games you have in your post, I think you are full of shit. Game looks absolutely different from anything there is available so far.
>>
>>345239394
>before them Nintendo users never played a JRPG
>What do you think, /v/?
I think you just went full retard
>>
>>345240897
>Zelda 1
>Mario 64
>Mario Sunshine
Not sandbox / open world games

>Starfox Assault
On-rails shooter

>Devil's Third
>RE4
Non multiplayer-focused

>JRPG's
#FE and...?
>>
File: 1467379897946.png (814 KB, 604x717) Image search: [Google]
1467379897946.png
814 KB, 604x717
>>345239394
yeah and PS4 users were so excited for Bloodborne because they never played games
>>
What world do you live in where there are a majority of Nintendo exclusive people. Most people have a variety of the systems and have played a fucking open world game or two. Pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>345241803
Yes they are by definition

SFA had TPS sections

You're wrong about DT and SFA had multiplayer in the TPS mode, but does multiplayer even matter? They're all TPS games

Bruh, you don't even need to be a Nintendo fan to know about all the great JRPG's on the SNES, GBA, and DS. Hell even GameCube had some good ones
>>
>>345239394
>Nintendo fans never play other systems or older games
Need I remind you that most of the best JRPGs are on the SNES? And JRPGs got their start on the NES?
>>
The first Zelda was open world.
>>
I thought OP's point was not that Nintendo has never had these types of games but that its present fanbase are such newfag normies to gaming in general that they have never played games like these before. I'm inclined to agree. The intelligent portion of Nintendo's former customers have already, rightfully abandoned the company and moved on without it.
>>
>>345239394
Your theory is fucking retarded. Just because I like Zelda games doesn't mean I've never played anything else.

People aren't excited because it's an open world game. They're excited because It's a new Zelda game that happens to be open world.
>>
>>345243229
This.
OP is a fucking Nintencuck.
>>
>>345243214
>former customers have already abandoned the company

Why would they do that? I still buy every new Nintendo hardware to play 1st party games, I agree their business direction is off, it took them this long to embrace online gaming, but still haven't given up on making things annoying, the NNIDs still don't allow you to purchase one game (like a VC title) and play it on all compatible platforms without transferring rights from one to another.
>>
>>345239394
Is this a serious post or are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>345239394
>we've been seeing ONLY IN Far Cry 2, or even Half-life 2's infamous "see-saw" puzzles

fixed
>>
>>345239872

you fucking retard the NES had every genre on the market before they even became a fucking genre, they even had the very first open world zelda game not to mention the very first open world game IN GENERAL

fucking kill yourself you faggot baiter made me reply, holy shit die
>>
True. I always laugh when nintendrones talk about le greatest games ever and mention mario world or some shit. These numale cucks barely play any games.
>>
Honestly I have no idea why anyone could be excited for an Aonuma zelda. Until the day Koizumi steps back into the directors chair I will continue to give zero fucks.
>>
>>345243913
What games do you think are the best anon? I'm dying to know
>>
>>345239872
All the Final Fantasies until FF6. Crono Trigger. EarthBound. All the Mario RPGs. You're very clearly baiting.
>>
>>345239394
How old are you?
>>
>it's been a month and they're still assblasted at breath of the wild winning e3
>>
>>345243913
>numale cucks
Shitiest maymay of 2016. Whatever your opinion is, it's not regarded.
Fag
>>
What is with this new generation of gamers trying so desperately to re-write certain parts of history?

Why is it so important?
>>
>>345241803
Literally every Final Fantasy up to 6 was on a nintendo console. Then theres the Breath of Fire Series.
>>
File: 1432296977515.gif (393 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1432296977515.gif
393 KB, 640x360
were people hyped up about overwatch?
yes
did this mean that they had never played a class based fps before?
no

does this then mean that everyone that got even the slightest bit exited about the game were blizdrones?
>>
>>345241396
No it fucking doesn't.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOKAh6Rqxo8

but you're wrong
>>
>>345244050
Phantom Hourglass has some of the best dungeons in the series and Spirit Tracks has the only actual hard puzzles in the series that aren't idiotic riddles

:^)
>>
Here we see the mystical anon shitposting yet again right before dinner time to get ready for his next meal. The OP throws out the bait, and watch as he feels in many suprising catches. Its amazing how something so dumb can accomplish so much and so little at the same time.
>>
>>345245290
>does this then mean that everyone that got even the slightest bit exited about the game were blizdrones?
Yes. You know how things work here.
>>
>>345239394
i don't know, i'd just say it's because nintendo is actually doing something different with the zelda franchise
not saying it's completely original or anything, but it's also not the same game we've gotten for the last 15 years several times
>>
>>345239394
>wondering why people are excited for a popular game like Zelda
>proceeds to write a shitty essay about it

What's with all the hilarious threads on /v/ lately?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.