[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for someone to recommend a game. What I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Anno4_SS_Kathedrale_02_full.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Anno4_SS_Kathedrale_02_full.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1200
I'm looking for someone to recommend a game. What I'm looking for is a game where I can build towns, but have things grow organically, with me not so much building everything by hand, but acting as a sort of controller of evolution. Maybe a game where I can build city walls and watch people go about their routines, build trade routes, watch the landscape grow and change around me. That sort of thing.

I'm not fussed about setting or genre. I've been playing a lot of the old Settlers games and was wondering how far things have come. Anyone found anything that might fit the bill?

Also city/town/settlement building game thread.
>>
I cant think of anything fitting, but i would be interested too so have a bump.
>>
Banished?
>>
OpenTTD. You can only build roads, bus lines, trains lines and air lines, but the towns and cities evolve organically as you want, based on how accessible the place is.
>>
>>345224875
>dat camera mode and zooming
1404 is chill as fuck.
>>
That sounds boring. What do you actually do in a game like that?
>>
>>345224875
>game where you build middle ages-ish European settlements
>they end up looking like modern American suburbs because the game works on a grid system
Just make shooters instead lads
>>
>>345226372
Satisfy one's autism.
>>
>>345224875
love this game
>>
I want a city building game set in the american old west.

I know there's 1849 but that's not brilliant
>>
>>345226474
I think you underestimate how organized towns in the middle ages/renaissance can be, at least the core parts of them.
>>
>>345224875
man I tried to like 1404. it's beautiful-looking. nice music. game mechanics seem legit. but every time I crank it up I just want to replay sim city

op, try sim city 2000 or 3000. again with sc4...I tried to love but I could not.
>>
>>345226474
Play some stronghold crusader you plebs.
>>
>>345227198
Yeah, I guess there's plenty of grid cancer among Northern """"""European""""""" autism centres.
>>
Majesty, maybe?
>>
File: Civilization 5-1.jpg (968 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Civilization 5-1.jpg
968 KB, 1920x1080
>>345226372

You know games like Viva Pinata? You don't specifically put down the animal you're trying to attract, you put down the conditions. It attracts the animal due to the environment you've created.

Another way of putting it is the SimCity games. You don't place down the individual buildings, you designate and area to be residential. Small shacks are then built in that area. When your provide water and education, a better class of people arrive, and thus better looking buildings are made. Satisfy enough of these conditions and you end up with either high wealth mansions or high rise luxury condos.

That feeling of looking back at your city or kingdom or town, and seeing how you've grown it from a small number of hovels into a sprawling empire is what I'm after. You can get the same feeling from a game like Civ or even Terraria.
>>
>>345224875
Cities Skylines
Banished
Grand Ages Rome
>>
>>345225802
>OpenTTD

So it's an improved Transport Tycoon? I played the shit out of that when I was a kid.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.