[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were it's flaws /v/? Can the DLC fix them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
File: darksouls3.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
darksouls3.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
What were it's flaws /v/?

Can the DLC fix them?
>>
Poise and estus being too quick and impossible to punish.

Basically, the game's only glaring flaws are in PvP.
>>
It wasn't the first game in the series or an exclusive hence I have no reason to fanboy it therefore it's bad and the things I fanboy are perfect and the best.
>>
Any info about DLC? When?
>>
>>345213760
Poise is fine though.
>>
Should've been more like 2 than 1. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm starting to think 2 is the best Dark Souls game.
>Longest time to complete, lots of areas and things to do
>Estus isn't super OP to the point you can tank hits with it
>Poise is in a perfect balance between being OP in 1 and useless in 3
>Parrying is much harder and requires actual skill
>More weapon and armour variety
>powerstancing
>More interesting utility items, e.g. different types of firebombs, those items that heal and give spells back
>Best visual design (in my opinion anyway)
>Most interesting story (opinion again)
>NG+ actually has differences aside from lolmorehealth and lolmoredamage
>>
File: 1462081368870.jpg (66 KB, 474x378) Image search: [Google]
1462081368870.jpg
66 KB, 474x378
>good weapon, equipment and item variety, just lacks balance in PVP
>interesting, challenging enemies, just too many re-used ideas and assets from previous games
>7/10 level design, its no DS1 interconnected spiral but its 1000x better than DS2
>has the best feeling controls in the series, has weight and doesnt feel floaty, but is still responsive and accurate

I dont know the game has any real "flaws", if the DLC is more of the same with more polish I'll be damn happy.
>>
Needs more colorful areas
>>
>>345213580
Linearity.

Possibly poise, but I don't mind HA too much.

Invasions aren't quite as fucked as Bloodborne, and the estus recovery system is okay, but I'd like to have seen invaders spawn with the full health of a host if they've embered like the do in summons.

The newer locations didn't impress me as much as the remixed ones.

But really, it's only really the linearity that annoys me. BB did it too, and I wonder if it's something to do with the engine, it animates moving enemies very weirdly past a very small distance. It just hurts build variety.

What I want in the DLC is for a fighting weapon similar to the kamehameha gloves from DSII, maybe an age of waters teaser and a level with another coop survival gauntlet that isn't quite as absurdly retarded as 2kats.
>>
File: Shockwaves.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Shockwaves.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>345214156
>>
Low difficulty.
Yes.
>>
>>345214564
literally unplayable
>>
Fuck poise, we just need the super fast attacking weapons to not stagger you in one hit.
>>
>>345214564
At least it's consistent. Anyone who does this twice is a fool.
>>
>>345214189
It's flaw is that we have played this game about 5 times now.
>>
>>345213580
>What were it's flaws /v/?
not enough weapon variety
lack of Kaathe

>can the DLC fix them?
absolutely.

It's basically Bloodborne - Dark Souls edition. Just like BB, I stopped playing after ~2/3 weeks. Waiting on the DLC until I boot it up again, and hoping it makes the game absolute GOTYAY, like BB.
>>
>no originality
>little replay value
Dlc is supposedly going to fix the first, miyazaki said it would be a whole new experience for souls players. Im thinking its angels dlc.
>>
>>345214156
Also don't forget the little to no phantom hitboxes in DS2 PVP. There was never a single time in DS2 when I was surprised how a weapon was able to hit me, while nearly every single attack in DS3 looks unlikely.
>>
>>345214861
Then go play something else because Im content with slight refinements to the formula with each release.
>>
>>345215174
>little replay value
Are you sure that's not because you're burnt out on Souls games?
>>
>>345215174
>whole new experience for souls players
just like he said Dark Souls 3 would have new things for Souls veterans.
>>
>>345215220
I was backstabbed through several rooms without ever seeing the invader. I prefer phantom range over this piece of trash any time
>>
>>345215509
>invader
There's your problem. Lag != bad hitboxes
>>
I'm a bit late to the party, but yeah I completed the game just yesterday. Heard that it was much better than Dark Souls 2, but lacked the suprise and innovation to compete with the first one.

I think it was a tiny bit better than 2, but I didn't enjoy it overall. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it, but damn this level design didn't click at all with me. Even some of the levels in DaS 2 gave me much better "aha-moments" than this, let alone DaS 1 and Bloodborne (my favourite). Also, I never really got into the fighting system. I like to deal damage with heavy and slow attacks. But I couldn't really do it in this game, because the strong attacks took fucking forever. Maybe I just leveled wrong though, don't know.

I rarely post in souls threads, so I don't know if I will be shitposted to death now but who gives a fuck. I would like to hear how you would rate the game among the other souls titles. My ranking:

Bloodborne>Dark Souls>>>Demon's Souls>>>>>Dark Souls 3>Dark Souls 2
>>
File: 1450582991859.jpg (21 KB, 245x279) Image search: [Google]
1450582991859.jpg
21 KB, 245x279
Linear as fuck.
Hub that has zero place being in the game whatsoever and, like many things in DaSIII, is only there for the sake of tradition/fanservice.
Worst weapon balance we've had yet (not even talking about pvp).
Weapon arts are a half-arsed system thrown it purely because they knew going back to conventional R1-spam weapons after BB would seem like a huge step back.
A good bulk of the levels are shitty "throwbacks" to previous levels and are pretty much always worse than the level they rip off.
Game is far too easy in general with only about 2/3 bosses offering any challenge and the levels generally being piss.
NPCs that are pretty much rehashes of previous NPCs.
Garbage story that goes absolutely fucking nowhere, highlighting that the sole reason DaS sequels exist is for cash.

>le wait for le DLC!

Reminder that of all Souls DLCs, the only one that ever fixed any kind of issue with the base game itself was The Old Hunters which increased the weapon count a fair deal. The DLC for DaS3 won't fix shit.
>>
>>345215425
nah, I played bloodborne after and I wasnt even bored after 5 playthroughs and a platinum. I only did two playthroughs of 3, and by then I had experienced everything the game had to offer.
>>
>>345215425

I'm not the poster, but personally I could still pick up Dark Souls 2 and find stuff to do, or new PvP builds to try out. Not so much in DS3. The replay value just isn't there.
>>
>>345215808
>is only there for the sake of tradition/fanservice.
what
the hub, like in BB, is a central part of the story and the key to discovering what the fuck is going on, you massive fucking inbred mongoloid retard.
>>
File: 1467894471649.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1467894471649.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
flaws pvp and a bit linear.
minor flaw for me: too much fan service
>>
>>345215808
>>A good bulk of the levels are shitty "throwbacks" to previous levels and are pretty much always worse than the level they rip off.
>a good bulk
There's 2 levels like this: Smouldering Lake, and Anor Londor

>>NPCs that are pretty much rehashes of previous NPCs.
Most of them are actually the complete opposite, while acting the same way in terms of speech, initially.

>>the only one that ever fixed any kind of issue with the base game itself was The Old Hunters
>I didn't play DaS2
>>
Game rations titanite way too much.
You can't experiment with weapons enough because you get so few shards/larges/chinks until the game expects you to be on the next tier.
>>
A fair few areas felt too short, such as the Profaned Capital, Anal Rodeo and Lothric Castle.
>>
>>345216252
>There's 2 levels like this: Smouldering Lake, and Anor Londor

Try actually playing the games bitch nigga.

Swamp - Valley of Defilement
Dungeons - Tower of Latria
Lothric Castle - Boletaria
Grand Archives - Duke's Archives
Catacombs - Catacombs
Firelink Shrine - The nexus

And then the two you mentioned.
>>
>>345217502
Catacombs isn't really like catacombs.
>>
>>345217675
The swamp is also a lot different than swamps in other games.
>>
File: 1458847295217.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458847295217.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>345217675
It was catacombs with chalice dungeon sensibilities.
>>
>>345217675
Grand Archives either. They were both archives that's it.
>>
>>345218360
I am in the boreal valley right now.
>>
>>345216460
Not to mention the fucking Kiln. God that place felt underwhelming.
>>
>>345213580
invaders got too cucked
>>
>>345213986
No its not moron. And hyper armor being enhanced by poise was a retarded lie.
>>
>>345213580
Fanservice went a bit too far in spots
>Andre is just there, just cause

Magic is pretty shit, dunno if they fixed it but none of the spells looked very interesting to use. A lot of spell classes have incredibly similar spells now and not much dividing them.

The PvP is still Souls PvP

Other than that it was gud.
>>
File: 1463402337709.png (113 KB, 238x217) Image search: [Google]
1463402337709.png
113 KB, 238x217
>>345213986
>>
I'm at the Jail at the Duke's Archives and my Zweihander +10 is in poor condition
what do?
>>
Level design is the most boring of all Souls games
The few good parts of ds2 were completely abandoned
>>
>>345219342
Use your repair powder.
>>
>>345213982
fall
>>
>>345219342
Just rest on the bonfire :^)
>>
File: TQTKfa2[1].png (237 KB, 958x151) Image search: [Google]
TQTKfa2[1].png
237 KB, 958x151
>>
File: 1468138756302.jpg (41 KB, 384x507) Image search: [Google]
1468138756302.jpg
41 KB, 384x507
Can't fix the overuse of dumb pointless fanservice. Might be able to fix the linearity and lack of really weapon and armor variety though

I'm excited regardless because souls DLC is always amazing
>>
File: 1409992258570.jpg (20 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1409992258570.jpg
20 KB, 480x300
>>345219360
I dunno, Profaned Capital and maybe the Catacombs/Smoldering lake for being too Chalice Dungeon-y I can see. I liked how fucking big some of the areas ended up being, I actually think 3 has the best swamp in the game.
>>
>>345219360
It goes beyond just boring. They are extremely short.
>>
Just fix the matchmaking already
>>
>>345219802
>I liked how fucking big some of the areas ended up being

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA good joke
>>
>>345219747
Jesus fuck
Who needs that much health in a Souls game?
>>
>>345219910
The swamp, settlement, woods, Irithyll and Lothric were pretty chunky yeah. Do you not remember how big the levels were in the older games? Because they're pretty similar to this.
>>
>>345219747
Now try them both against slash damage and see what happens
>>
The main flaw with the game are the uninspired boss fights. In Das 1 you fought huge screen filling monsters with unique strategies to defeating them, wheras in Das 3 you fight flashy swordsman after flashy swordsman. So the dlc has potential to fix it, if we get less swordsmen and more interesting monsters.
>>
>>345219998
There's no possible way it was for testing purposes.
>>
>>345220040
Irithyll was pretty small, as was lothric.
>>
>>345220318
Irithyll really isn't that small even just leading up to the Pontiff, I'll give you Lothric because I was thinking Grand Archives counted at part of it for some reason. Also the weirdest bonfire placement in the game.
>>
>>345220040
Swamp+Woods together is half the size of Bloodborne's Forbidden Woods

Settlement is literally the size of a 2/3 section of Hemwick

Irithyll is small as hell, it just overlaps on itself and looks pretty
>>
>>345220829
The Forbidden Woods is more about the size of the Swamp and Woods together, not half since the big woodsy part loops in a couple of spots. I don't know where you're getting the idea that Hemwick is that much longer if much longer at all than Settlement. And Irithyll is actually about as long as Anor Londo in 1 was even if it loops.
>>
>>345219747
It's like this in every game.
Dark souls adding poise gave you a reason to use heavy armor but it was removed in 3 for some reason.
>>
>>345213580
the core of the game is so absolutely fucked that no amount of patching will fix it
>>
>>345220052
That was slash damage imbecile. It was against the basic hollow with a sword
>>
>>345221489
>It's like this in every game.
Absolutely not. Massive difference between DS1's Giant's +5 versus Default knight armor. Massive difference between SMELTERHAVEL versus hexer outfit
>>
>>345215742
>fighting system. I like to deal damage with heavy and slow attacks. But I couldn't really do it in this game, because the strong attacks took fucking forever. Maybe I just leveled wrong though, don't know.

I encountered the same problem with my first build, which was a fast rolling big weapons character. The enemies in this game just dont add up to the Souls playstyle. And it doesnt help that half of the bosses are fast flashy swordsmen with infinite stamina.

Ive never played Bloodborne, but I find that ranking pretty spot on.
>>
>>345219225

>Magic is pretty shit, dunno if they fixed it but none of the spells looked very interesting to use.

We need the magic from Dragon's Dogma. Summoning fucking tornadoes and giant pillars of ice beats blue laser farts hands-down.
>>
>>345219747
Funny thing is most of the damage reduction difference is from flat defense and the absorbption shit is completely insignificant.
>>
>>345219342
Use a different weapon.

Get the key and get out of that room.

Warp to the black smith.
>>
File: ds2 room.jpg (491 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ds2 room.jpg
491 KB, 1920x1200
>>345214156
>2 is the best Dark Souls game.
L
M
A
O
nice meme
thats not how you spell worst and laziest
>ds2
>interest story
>jump in a hole
>old women laugh at you
>walk a bit
>woman tell you to kill bosses and seek souls
>kill some monsters
>sit on a throne for no reason
>game ends
>nothing matters because its a endless circle anyway, everything you did was useless
NICE STORY
>>
>>345213580
It tried to be two things and once and therefore failed at both
>>
>>345221997
The magic in DD was awesome, but really wouldn't fit in a souls game
>>
>>345213580
Being Dark Souls 1 again, I played that game to death already so I don't need more

No
>>
>>345213580
Better level design than 2 by a mile but it still lacks the world design of DaS, and forego's DaSII's early game split paths, making certain build types much more tedious.

Game is still more original than DaSII, but not by a lot. Whew, the same covenants for a third time, lovely. Doesn't really try to do anything new, but at least the things it did focus on it did well.

PvP is almost universally agreed to be worse than 2 PvP. At that's pretty bad, as even though it's 2nd best in the series 2 PvP was awful most of the time.

Build variety in general is being shitted on with the 70% armor limit, no poise, and fast bossed. It's basically bloodborne light.
I mean, bloodborne light was the best way to play souls anyways, but I don't agree that it should be the only option.

That's about all I see. Areas and Bosses range from decent at worst to knocked-out-of-the-park at best. I don't think the DLC's will fix any of these problems apart from story, maybe they can be accessed really early to make different builds more easy to access?
>>
>>345225184
I think its just time for From to drop the souls series entirely. I hate to see them progressively transform the Souls games into fast paced bloodborne games. Souls isnt meant to be ultra fast. They should instead just make a new franchise with Souls/bloodborne combat.
>>
>>345215948
Yes, because god forbid trying to change things a bit.
>>
>>345223607
Can't I say that about all souls games?
>ds3
>interest story
>wake up from coffin
>fight big guy
>women tells you to kill bosses and seek soles
>walk around and kill some guys
>Kill biggest guy
>Relink fire for no reason
>Game ends
>nothing matters because its an endless circle anyway, everything you did was useless
>>
File: 1464322755928.jpg (74 KB, 1050x591) Image search: [Google]
1464322755928.jpg
74 KB, 1050x591
the only issue i had with 3 was the story/narrative

it's like a DaS1 themed rollercoaster/haunted mansion, really never feels like it's own thing among that much pandering

everything else was perfect and best in the series (except PvP)
>>
>>345226876
Weapon variety was also trash in DS3.
And I almost wanna say music but that is subjective, since I think choir memes are good from demon souls.
>>
>>345225518
They already have, genius
>>
>>345227757
But aren't they making 3 DLCs as we speak?
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.