[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you think of any games with in-game developer commentary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1431335764783.jpg (935 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431335764783.jpg
935 KB, 1920x1080
Can you think of any games with in-game developer commentary besides everything Valve has ever produced?
>>
The Deadly Tower of Monsters, kinda.
>>
>>345209182
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut has some great commentary.
>>
Oh, I guess Chrono Trigger did. In that one ending. It was kinda limited, though.

Also, does anyone know why the game is called Chrono Trigger but the MC is named Crono? Why not call him Chrono?
>>
>>345209182
Actually, yes, Star Wars Battle For Naboo had a commentary track for the entire game I believe. Impressive, considering it was a cartridge game.
>>
>>345209182
Secret of monkey island
>>
>>345209473
Because chrono trigger refers to the item you get and not the MC.
>>
The Ratchet and Clank games with the Insomniac museum in them are my favorite examples of developer commentary.
>>
>>345210672
This shit was so fire. It seemed like they had a lot of fun putting the game together and showing of some of the process and scrapped ideas.

I was so fucking spooked by the unmoving, untextured monsters that were showed off in some of the cubicles. I thought it was insanely creepy.
>>
Against wall is best position fammelams.
>>
Day of the Tentacle Remastered has commentary.
>>
>>345209182
Jak 3 had developer commentary on a few cutscenes.
>>
>>345209473
Because the translation work was trash? The game is called クロノ・トリガー, and the protagonist is クロノ. Zero ambiguity, and yet they still manage to fuck it up.

Welcome to Woolsey, now learn Japanese instead of pretending you've played Chrono Trigger.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.