[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons who've never played MGS ; Explain the plot of MGS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
File: tumblr_ns80psPgEF1s5lv4oo1_1280.png (764 KB, 900x481) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns80psPgEF1s5lv4oo1_1280.png
764 KB, 900x481
Anons who've never played MGS ;
Explain the plot of MGS using only what you know from /v/.
>>
It seems like a story that is all about a hero turning into the villain.
I mean Kojima
>>
>>345207535
Something about nanomachines son and vocal chords parasites and kojima predicted SJWs
>>
A chainsmoker saves the world from an Otakus Gundam and kills his long lost brother while doing so? Also look for an ass to find hot chick and cyber ninjas.
>>
>>345207535
Memes
>>
Some retards wanted to shape the world based on what some woman said
>>
>>345208138
You honestly aren't far off
>>
File: DO NOT WANT.gif (306 KB, 256x184) Image search: [Google]
DO NOT WANT.gif
306 KB, 256x184
>>345207912
>>
Nobody gets babys but everybody inherits each others memes
>>
>>345207535
a dude who gets cloned a million times and some weeaboo blowing up evil nuclear robots in corrupt government facilities
>>
File: MGS.png (76 KB, 590x332) Image search: [Google]
MGS.png
76 KB, 590x332
>>345207535
>>
>>345208146
this
also said retards misinterpret that completely, resulting in lots of fighting and a 1984-like world
>>
there was a really cool lady named the boss, but she was a spy and ended up getting killed

big boss was her fanboy and he loved her so much that he went nuclear and fucked up the 20th century because of her

then his clone son solid snake had to clean up the mess

also there's robots and nanomachines who make super soldiers that are like solid snake, except they suck because they don't have snake's human instinct or his spirit or something
>>
>>345207535

CIA agent turned into a pirate and then another CIA agent comes to kick the pirate's ass and the other pirate's ass too and turns out he was the pirate all along.
>>
>>345207535
The hero is a secret agent named Solid Snake who sneaks around military? bases and kills/knocks out guards. The bad guys have giant robots called metal gears that Snake has to destroy. He has a clone named Liquid and an enemy named Revolver Ocelot who's a meme. MGS2 is either the best or the worst game in the series and is known for being very self-aware and starring a pretty boy named Raiden who gets naked at some point. There's also a vampire and a guy who was born in a small village.
>>
MGS1: Solid Snake infiltrates some kind of base to shut down Metal Gear. Meets a bunch of weirdos and a guy who can't stop pissing himself

MGS2: You're not snake but some twink fuccboi and you fight an old dying snake clone named solidus on top of a giant metal gear

MGS3: you're naked snake infiltrating the soviet union fighting a bunch of old guys and the master boss was actually a bad woman who defected to the soviets so you kill her and become the real big boss

MGS4: solid snake is old as fuck because of imperfect cloning. he's fighting liquid I think. there are nanomachines. big boss shows up? maybe? and a vampire. oh yeah raiden is a cyborg.

MGSV: I played this one and still am not sure what happened
>>
>>345207535
It's starts with Solid Snake infiltrating some facility named Shadow Moses in MGS1. There, he meets Sniper Wolf and she has the hots for Solid Snake. There's some Chinese cutie named Meiling that talks to you over the radio along with some guy named Major Zero and they say funny lines like SNAAAAAAAKE when you die.

In MGS2 you're on a ship but they suddenly you have to play Raiden for the rest of the game where you have to do stuff on some weird place in the middle of the ocean. Raiden gets naked at some point and some clones of Solid named Solidus and Liquid try to fuck your shit up.

In MGS3 you're Big Boss in the forest, but you had to kill Boss, your mentor to become Big Boss. But before that you were dropped off in some foresty area where Russians are doing some shady shit. You have a camo suit that makes you invisible next to brick walls.

In MGS4, you are old Solid Snake. You have an epic fight near the end of the movie where Snake fights Liquid.
>>
File: lel.jpg (120 KB, 810x700) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
120 KB, 810x700
>>345208512
>>
>>345207535
Big Boss was a Cold War era hero who killed the previous Big Boss, went rogue and created a mercenary legion. But he got played like a fiddle and killed I guess? And then replaced with yet another Big Boss who looked exactly like him.

Then the bad guys got nukes and mechs and used the power of memes to change history.

Solid Snake is a super soldier clone of Big Boss who has a virus that makes him turn old really fast, and he had to stop the bad guys who have nuke-launching mechs.

Raiden is a cyborg ninja (and also a child soldier with PTSD I think) who at some point had to do Snake's job but nobody liked him so I guess Snake had to come back for part 4.

Raiden then went on to fight nanomachine Trump and stop America from becoming great again.
>>
>>345208747
MGSV - Kojima writes an entire story to explain a small plothole literally no one gives a single shit about
>>
In case you retards didn't get it, everyone ITT has played the games.
>>
>>345208945
What plot hole?
>>
>>345208945
It wasn't even a plothole, big boss just survived
>>
>>345209043
>>345209026
Never played MG1 and MG2, huh?
>>
>>345209026
Why Big Boss went Bad Boss
>>
>>345209026
This one
>>345209043
As anon said "big boss just survived" really would have sufficed
>>
>>345207535
This thread made me finally accept how shit Metal Gear is
It should be retroactively removed from every top ps2 games list for being a meme. Those spots should go to non-meme games that didn't leave a giant smelly turd in gaming culture like Kojima did
>>
File: 5TtNezt.jpg (14 KB, 552x246) Image search: [Google]
5TtNezt.jpg
14 KB, 552x246
>>345208945
>tfw you waited 4 years for a plot explaining a plot hole from 1984

I think MGSV was the most fun game I played all year, but holy shit I still cannot believe that happened.
>>
>>345209123
but this thread is showing why metal gear is good
>>
Venon > Naked > Solid = Liquid
>>
>>345207535
Basically a super soldier named Big Guy is used in war to stop a bunch of delinquents from performing a coup on the entire world or some shit but he fucks up and falls into depression, then a bunch of guys come along and collect his semen to make clones of him because he turned into a big crybaby, that's how Solid Sperm and Liquid Sperm were born, Solid wanted to be a good soldier boy like his daddy, but Liquid was an edgy rebellious kid so he wants to steal a Metal Man to fuck everyone's shit up, Solid stops him of course and dies on a tanker
Then some guy called Raiden comes in and has to stop a gang of superheroes and god himself from activating the other metal men, you also meet the third son of Big Guy - Supersolid Sperm, then after you kill all the superheroes and metal men, god talks to you and says some shit that doesn't make any sense and then hangs up on you
Suddenly you skip forward some 80 years and it turns out Solid is alive and did nothing in MGS, it was actually a nigger called Ebin Drebin, you watch a bunch of cutscenes and then Solid kills himself again but doesn't actually die (again), so he decides to resolve his daddy issues and grow old
The end
>>
>>345209105
>>345209043
Is "Big Boss wasn't really kill" not enough for Kojimbo? Did his autism demand a 300 page thesis on language and memes?

And that's hardly a fucking plot-hole Jesus Christ.
>>
>>345209206
Venom*
>>
Okay here we go. I might be cheating because I watched my brother play the first game.

So there's this guy named Solid Snake. He's a clone or whatever. He has this bro who's named Liquid Snake. Liquid is a dick and gets killed at the end of the game for being such a dick. I guess there's also some kind of conspiracy shit going on. Also, a robot called "metal gear" was randomly included to justify the game's title.
>>
>>345209026
In the end of MG1, you learn that Big Boss is the terrorist mastermind , despite him assigning you the mission and walking you through it
You kill him , but he returns in Metal Gear 2 in an even more fortified fortress.

Metal gear solid v explains that Big Boss has a body double named Venom Snake, who was brainwashed into believing he was the real one.

Big Boss cucks him and has him take his place, and only tells him the truth seconds before he is killed
>>
>>345209105
I've played them, I just could not comprehend how any human being could consider that a plot hole.
>>
>>345209178
No that's just a meta meme narrative.
>>
>>345207535
>Anons who've never played MGS
What kind of faggot never played it?
>>
MGSV should have ended with an unwinnable fight vs young Solid Snake
>>
>>345208146
Thread is done. Go home everyone.
>>
>>345209123
MGS series is good.
The fact it got a retarded story is another matter.
>>
File: ocelotsnake.png (847 KB, 1268x716) Image search: [Google]
ocelotsnake.png
847 KB, 1268x716
>>345209123
>not liking the perfect mix of 80s action movies and 90s anime tropes

Literally kys
>>
File: 1465707398493.png (1 MB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1465707398493.png
1 MB, 513x1117
>>345209370
>"here's what should've happened in MGSV"
>its always fanfic tier fanservice

Anons always go on about how shit V is but Every time I see someone suggest something for its always retarded
>>
>Daddy saves world
>meets QT BF
>takes a nap for a while
>wakes up with 2 sons
>Sons start fucking up shit
>1 son gets Cain&Able'd
>QT BF steals his arm
>All of a sudden QT BF is dead son
>Takes over the world
>Other son beats him up
>"I-i was just p-pretending!"
>>
File: 51VT0CZMNZL.jpg (36 KB, 325x475) Image search: [Google]
51VT0CZMNZL.jpg
36 KB, 325x475
>>345209457
I wish Kojimbles would just make a game based on Escape from NY already.
>>
>>345209457
I used to, thanks to redditors like you I'm happily past that
>>
>>345209359
Ive only played Rising. I have the legacy collection but ive just never gotten around to playing the series.
>>
>>345209557
Not that Anon, but I think a cutscene depicting the start of Intrude N313 or a fight vs Solid Snake would have been a nice way to bring the series full circle.
>>
>>345209658
Escape From New York would actually be a fucking sick open world game, never realized this

Mad Max was dope so 80s movie games can work
>>
>>345209813
The game literally ends with Venom Snake soaked in blood while gunfire rattles off outside his personal quarters in Outer Heaven
The game ends 10 minutes before Venom is murdered , anything more is fanservice
>>
>>345209849
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYY-gbd6m8
>>
>>345209970
It's not like MGS is some great saga, along the lines of The Brothers Karamazov or Lolita, so what's wrong with a little fanservice?
>>
>>345209849
>24 hour time limit like Dead Rising
>sleeping dogs style combat, fistfighting but can use melee weapons and guns to fight off raiders

Ahh fuck make it happen.
>>
>>345207535
STANDIN'
>>
>>345210105
I think Koji went out of his way to have as little as fanservice in V after 4 was fanservice the game and it was terrible for it
>>
>>345210249
It's not like it worked with V, so I dunno.
>>
Solide Snake is a secret agent who is one of the 5 clones of a famous secret agent who is now a misunderstood villain. He infilitrates an enemy facility and destroys the superweapon mech. He fights with common soldiers, bosses and his clone brother. In Mgs he is a side character and raiden does the same job as him. in mgs 4 metal gears are common, and you are old because clones don't last long. You meet again with your clone brother who is actually an american/russian triple agent pretending to be posessed by the spirit of liquid sake.

There. I only ever played MGS3.
>>
>>345209970
Nah, all those bombs going off weren't from Solid. He didn't have nearly that much firepower.
>>
>>345210879
The last shot of the game is Venom inserting a cassette tape that says N313
it also wouldn't make much sense to tell Venom who he is unless you were planning to kill him, it's too dangerous to have him active in case he ever went rogue.
>>
>>345211067
That tape didn't have anything but MSX static in it, hinting it's the ACTUAL Metal Gear tape. And plus, when Venom puts the tape in, the logo in the back is still your DD one, not Outer Heaven.

Why was that ending so frustratingly ambiguous?
>>
ITT: MGS fans pretend they never played the game and explain the plot in hilarious ways
>>
>>345211479

MSX didn't use tapes, they were carts.
>>
>>345211479
I still have no idea when Venom learns his identity , or when Miller learned
>>
Dude called John has a mentor called The Boss who essentially commits herself to a path where the only solution to avoid war is her death at John's hands. All of the boss' other friends are really sad and use a fund they gained from the operation to shape the world in the image this woman wanted. John was a part of this group but ragequits after the head dude called Zero clones him. Then John spends some time in Costa Rica building an army of mercs in a shitty PSP game but gains the ire of Zero when he gets his hands on a nuclear weapon. Some other dude in Zero's organization called LUST FOR REVENGE destroys John's oil rig styled base and places a bomb in some girl he knew he would rescue's vagina which explodes in his face and puts him into a coma for 9 years. Then John wakes up and learns about a plan for his second best soldier to cover his ass by pretending to be him. They both concentrated on building armies until eventually they gained the attention of the US for building a walking nuclear weapon. Unfortunately for them one of John's clones, David destroys their base and then kills the fall guy and eventually John himself.

David then goes on to kill another of John's clones, Eli and a child soldier called Jack kills the final clone. During this time David and Jack discover that AIs are controlling the world and then later find out those AIs were built by Zero which they then destroy.

Throw in some stuff about vocal cord parasites, nanomachines, genome soldiers, memes and nuclear deterrence and that's 8 games right there.
>>
I got a laptop capable of playing Gamecube games at full speed (except Spider Man 2 goddammit)

Is Twin Snakes worth the download? I avoided it for years because of the bad rep and the cutscenes
>>
>>345211648
>Never played MGS
>Uh a MGS thread ,whatever I never played it

>Played MGS
>Time to say dumb shit and have a great time with other anon saying dumbshit

No shit sherlock ,do you want a medal for your accurate analysis of the situation ?
>>
>>345211648
The only Metal Gear game I've played was Revengeance, I just like hanging out in MGS threads because they're comfy.
>>
>>345208085
its like you played the game
>>
>>345211736
You could put one in a tape player and you'd get that sound that played.

>>345211754
Miller always knew. He saw the medic when he first got the shrapnel in his head. You can also tell by how he talks to Venom. "Mission complete... Boss."
>>
>>345208526
My fave so far.
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 20-37-24-98.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 20-37-24-98.jpg
242 KB, 1920x1080
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>345212326
>>
>>345211754
Venom was supposed to be like 63 or maybe a few years before then.
>>
>>345212252

It's a bit of a tossup. He goes back and forth because he knew he saw the medic wounded, but then Boss is being the Boss... and then he's not... and then he is again.

He'd prefer it to be a lie, because then it's all clear cut: Cipher bad, Boss good.
>>
>>345212326
>Huey was a pretty cool guy in PW
>Oh shit, how do we justify killing in off in MGS2?
>Exaggerate his timidness and make him a spineless coward!
>Brilliant!
>>
>>345212326
Fuck Huey, Lewis, and the news!
>>
As far as I understand Master Miller knows it's not Big Boss as soon as they get back to motherbase for the first time, but is in denial.

After "In Shining Light's" however, Miller swears his loyalty to Venom Snake, as he believes him to be more of a hero than Big Boss was, and more worthy of the title.
>>
>>345212671
>Huey was a pretty cool guy in PW
What game did you play?
>>
>>345213004
>Miller swears his loyalty to Venom

I've heard a lot of different things because in the guide it says a few years after AQE they split up.
>>
>>345208138
This.

MGS is all bout those memes.
>>
>>345207535
Otacon in Twin Snakes looked like shit. Why didn't they just recycle his MGS2 model?
>>
Okay so
>Post WWII, "The horror! The horror!" etc
>secret group of wealth dude's make some chip thing that everyone's after because it's loaded with money or something
>Some guy named Big Bison has a mentor who betrays him, but he eventually kills her and finds out it was all some sort of ruse and that the American Govt. backstabbed her and etc
>Big Boss plots his revenge while some nameless phantom masquerades as him and adds to his reputation. Live too long, become the villian etc
>Big Boss is an elite soldier, so they make three clones of him, but only one turns out good
>The good clone stops him from using a Metal Gear weapon that's essentially the Battletech equivalent of Gundam Physalis
>Big Boss rises again in a needless sequel, but Solid Snake shuts him down again for good
>Solid Snake is the good clone and stops his bad clone Liquid from using another Metal Gear after he takes over a base
>sequel has a new guy who wants to be Solid Snake, but is also a ninja and helps Solid Snake to stop a domestic terrorist plot by some radical cyborg president with an eyepatch and katanas. Ray is also pretty fucking cool
>Solid Snake comes out of retirement to stop some gay cowboy's plot thread from a previous game and ends up fighting one of the bad clones in what is now a cyberpunk world
>Solid Snake has a hacker friend named Otakon
>Raiden becomes Casshern
>each game features a specific set of military specilalists as bosses, who all have specific themes like Ninja, angry astrounaut, Gas Mask psycho, Octopus, and fat rollerskate C4
>>
File: Cart.jpg (60 KB, 614x838) Image search: [Google]
Cart.jpg
60 KB, 614x838
>>345211479
>hinting it's the ACTUAL Metal Gear tape
Except the MSX Metal Gear was on a cartridge, as were all the other Konami game on the system (except for Snatcher, which combined cartridges and floppies). The cassette tapes in MG1 were only used for saving data.
>>
>>345207535
Convoluted story telling. You rarely play the main character in most games. Nanomachines.
>>
>>345214318
Alright, then the tape Venom got could be the save data for Metal Gear. The whole point of that scene and the MSX was to tell you to go pay MG anyway.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.