[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize Kane & Lynch 2 was a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
When did you realize Kane & Lynch 2 was a good game?
>>
it's shit, bro. It really is. But the aesthetics are 10/10.

I remember, earlier in development, they were going even further than what we see in the final game.
>>
>>345201095
This

Great visual and atmosphere, I really loved that filthy Shanghai backalleys vibe.
But the rest of the game was utter crap.
>>
When I got crippling brain damage.
>>
>>345200135
it's shit tho
>>
>>345201095
I think it's pretty much like the first game too in that regard. It felt like a weird mix of Heat and Collateral, but the gameplay was just bland and the environments were too dull. Both games had a ton of opportunity, they just sadly fall on their face.

If they ever do freedom fighters 2 I hope they put more love into that then they did K&L
>>
>>345200135
The way the story, gameplay, and visuals come together is just really satisfying.

You really have to sit down and think about it while you play it to enjoy it, or it's just another average 3rd person cover shooter
>>
>>345201543
Honestly, I think aesthetically/stylistically, K&L2 is one of the most interesting games ever made. If the cover system wasn't broken the gunplay wouldn't even be all that bad.
>>
bullet sponge enemies: the game
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnphNbo24oY

this is the best mehtond
>>
It's two hours long. Literally two hours is what it says on my Steam. I paid 60 bucks because I believed the devs when they said they had learned from their experience making the first one.
The art direction is nice but don't for a second find it any more kudos than that, tedious cover shooting arenas and an abrupt as fuck ending that happens at what feels like the end of the first act. Fuck that game.
>>
>>345200135
i liked the first game for having Kane going over things in his head whenever he gets downed like his life regrets. Can't remember why everyone ended up in vietnam out of nowhere. Second game was alright but the ending was rushed as fuck.
>>
>>345201739
Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong thread. Dark Souls shitposting is two blocks down.
>>
>>345200135
Back when it was released.
The gameplay might not have been the best but like someone already said art direction and atmosphere were amazing.
Overall,very strong 7/10
>>
>>345200135
when i first played, i thought it was great.

not sure if i would enjoy nowadays, but i had so much fun with the multiplayer
>>
>>345201676
>what is adrenaline
>>
>>345200135

The thing that really baffles me is this was the devs second attempt at a cover based third person shooter....a genre that had been literally perfected and refined a dozen times over during that generation....and they still managed to fuck it up colossally.

Kudos to the environmental and character artists, but fuck whoever had anything to do with the gameplay. Controls, camera, cover, shooting.....it was all fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1335882929198.jpg (94 KB, 940x689) Image search: [Google]
1335882929198.jpg
94 KB, 940x689
>implying IO Interactive made any good game after Hitman: Blood Money.
>>
>>345200135
K&L 2, Siren, Spec Ops: The Line and Drakengard are all games that I consider hellcore, meaning that they take place in absolutely fucked up scenarios with no comic relief, have oppressive atmospheres where you have no help or support besides the few people right next to you, and end on a recursive note.

Funnily enough, two of the games even take place in Hell.
>>
>>345202485
>Siren
Man,i fucking love that game.
Harder than balls,tho
>>
>>345202721
Hellcore also goes out of the way to not be easy to play. And Siren is the true sequel to Silent Hill, all the other games fail to really capture the essence of the original.

I'm kind of annoyed that Gravity Rush exists as a franchise, since the creator of Siren and the lead writer of Drakengard are both working on it and the creator said he doesn't want to make any more horror games.

A new Siren game on PS4 would be amazing, they could even go VR with it if they wanted to.
>>
>>345202935
Siren 4 has been one of my most anticipated games ever since 2008.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.