[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's with WiiU and USB headsets? I heard they should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1466876253128.jpg (81 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1466876253128.jpg
81 KB, 800x450
So what's with WiiU and USB headsets? I heard they should work but I plugged mine in and nothing happened
>>
>using headsets
>on a system with minimal voicechat support of all things
Literally why?
>>
>>345158231
For music
I like to listen it loud with my headphones
>>
>>345158438
So use headphones, any pair will work.
Headsets have different jacks to split stereo out and mic in, while it is standardized I've seen many odd things before (like noise-cancelling earbuds with 4 rings...didn't work properlyon most devices I tried it with).

Anyway, it may help to know what headset you're trying to use, and what happens when you try to use them with the gamepad.
>>
>>345159275
I don't use them with the gamepad, they're USB as I said
I'm trying to use them with the console's USB jacks
I would settle with the normal headphones, but usually gamepad only outputs minor sound efffects, not the main audio
>>
>>345159530
I've never heard of a console that supported USB headsets. Even PCs can have issues with that shit. Get headphones with a regular jack man.
>>
>>345159530
>>345159679
Also the gamepad always outputs all audio when headphones are plugged into the jack. No exceptions.

Sidenote: this is how some people were able to record all audio for Starfox 0, by simply recording audio directly from the gamepad's headphone-out.
>>
>>345159679
Yeah, but still, I can't hook those directly to the WiiU, they don't have a regular jack either
>>
>>345159830
Use the gamepad jack, see post above you.
>>
>>345159820
Ah, good to know
I will try it then, so while the thread is still running, may I ask if you have suggestions for headphones? Those I have now are getting old and breaking, I don't know much about it
>>
The Wii U has sound output settings. I don't recall seeing anything related to USB headphones though.

>>345159820
Not every game supports that. The game in OP, for example, doesn't. You'd need a Wii A/V cable and a couple converters to play it with regular headphones.
>>
KOWASHITAI
>>
>>345160034
Is this true?
I could swear the gamepad audio jack always streamed all audio. Is there a way to find out without testing yourself?
>>
>>345160826
delete this
>>
>>345160826
I NEVER FELT LIKE!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.