[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you change in a game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: gananza.png (349 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gananza.png
349 KB, 640x480
Use this thread to rant about whatever should be changed in any game title so it would be 10/10 to you.

Mechanics, story, artstyle - critic whatever you want to, mentally mod at will.
>>
Cops shouldn't teleport in GTA 5, they should patrol. And wanted level should come from people and cameras seeing shit you've done.
There should be a dead Franklin ending.
I wish that as statuses grew you got abilities to knock down opponents, as if you unlocked perks by having one or more stats beyond a certain point. Characters would be like Punished Snake if you raised agility, strength and stealth enough. The characters could each have their own perks, but I'd be satisfied if all were the same like this.
>>
Take any Final Fantasy. Remove the stupid plot twist near the end and just continue the story to its logical conclusion. There, I just fixed Final Fantasy.
>>
>>345141697
Or just move the plot twist to the first quarter of the game
>>
>>345141978

Nah. Then you get something like the orphanage and Jabba the Hutt in Final Fantasy VIII. Just don't have the forced plot twist at all.
>>
>>345142268
But carrying the plot to the natural conclusion would just be the heroes beating the villain without anything really interesting happening beforehand
>>
>>345138995
Wind waker has no ocean, all the islands are stitched together into one landmass.
>>
>>345142593

Your generalization would make more than a few FF games better actually. But plenty of FF games have a solid beginning that could be fleshed out more. Except the plot twist makes all that pointless. Once again look at Final Fantasy VIII. If it just stayed a story about a group of mercenaries trying to make money to support GARDEN and eventually fighting the sorceress, it would have been better. But the orphanage and Rinoa tangents killed it.
>>
>>345142820
This is some Kung Fu Panda shit right here and i love it
>>
>>345142820
That'd be a pretty small and shitty landmass
>>
>>345142820

That would suck so much. Might as well remove the 3-day cycle from Majora's Mask while you're at it.
>>
File: Mario Tennis - Power Tour.jpg (45 KB, 260x226) Image search: [Google]
Mario Tennis - Power Tour.jpg
45 KB, 260x226
>More shit going on between the matches
By far my biggest complaint, while the matches and dialogue are fun it just feels odd that only the advanced players later in the game have any importance to the plot, i want to meet these kids, i want to go on adventures and do shit with them that doesn't have to do with tennis, i want to invite them for exibition matches or just hang with them, i want subplots about their personal lives so i can look back and miss everything later
>minigames
Fucking minigames everywhere, you can win matches but you will need to beat them if you don't want to get assfucked later in the game, some of them kinda of make sense but others are just pure bullshit
>power shots
give the player an option to turn them off, early game is tons of fun because its all about skill, them it becomes "hit the ball until you get a PS point", its just not fun
>controls
give the player the option to customize his controls, whoever thought A + B was a good idea should be fucking stabbed
>more locations to visit outside the academy
A small town, some shops and shit, go full Megaman NT warrior, and speaking of shops
>customizable gear
we already have the stats but how about different gear you can buy through the game? Some are gimmicky, some give you perks in certain skills while sacrificing other shit, others are prizes for completing certain tasks, pick your poison
>more Mario characters
Where the fuck is Wario?

Still a 8/10 game but fucking hell, so much wasted potential that could be explored with a sequel or remake
>>
Remove the 3 day limit in majoras mask.
>>
File: Godfather.jpg (15 KB, 300x387) Image search: [Google]
Godfather.jpg
15 KB, 300x387
More interior variety, glass cannon mode so the player won't be a bullet sponge, moer missions that aren't just "go to (X) and kill a bunch of people)"
>>
File: 1438317309759.gif (26 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1438317309759.gif
26 KB, 350x300
Add parcheesi and fix loading times. Make every piece of gear alter your appearance. And add more backstory to Jessica and Marcello. Now its the perfect game.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.