[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOW 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Kratos_rendering_concept.jpg (34 KB, 300x315) Image search: [Google]
Kratos_rendering_concept.jpg
34 KB, 300x315
I just started playing god of war 3 remastered on the ps4 with no experience with the past games. Could someone please quickly explain to me why he's so fucking pissed at the gods?
>>
Also, who are the giant rock people?
>>
>>345138165

The titans.

Glad they didn't use the original plot, it was fucking stupid.
>>
>>345138321
What was it
>>
>>345137624
Because he killed his wife.
>>
kratos was losing war against barbarians or something, ares helps him, great power but at the price of making him kill his family, kratos is angry, kratos kills ares

kratos is now goh of woh, kratos does god's stuff, zeus fears him or something and makes him mortal/demi-god again, kratos is angry, kratos goes against zeus with the help of titans

now gow3 happenes
>>
>>345138387

The Norse Gods just literally coming out of nowhere to fight the Greek ones and forcing Kratos to team up with the people he was just about to kill.
>>
>>345137624
GOW 1
>Kratos fucks up everyone as a warlord
>Kratos starts losing a battle, he calls for Ares for help
>Ares helps him
>Kratos becomes his power hungry puppet, Ares kinda makes Kratos to kill his own family by mistake
>Kratos is pissed at Ares, serves gods to prove himself and eventually he kills Ares and becomes new god of war

GOW 2
>Kratos is a huge dick and starts attacking every city with his spartan friends
>Kratos is killed by Zeus because they need to stop him
>Kratos is angry at Zeus and kinda escapes the underworld
>Kratos wants to fuck up Zeus but he needs to build up and become more powerful

Aaaand here we are. God of War 3. Where Kratos again escapes the underworld and wants to fuck up Zeus. Oh and how he does it... he kills everything. Story is shit, but I enjoy the games.
>>
>>345138608
That's what I wanted, thanks.
>>
>>345138686
O shit, this is good too, thanks.
>>
>>345138686
They really are a guilty pleasure of mine.
>>
>>345138615
That sounds like the stupidest shit ever, won't they be using norse myths for GoW4?
>>
>>345138993
Why guilty? It's a very good game with decent combat, puzzles and a bit of platforming plus mini games. It's also very polished and has high production values, especially God of War 3 is downright impressive with what they pulled off with some of the stuff they did.

The weebtards at /v/ like to complain how Devil May Cry is so much deeper and amazing, but holy shit they are completely ignoring the fact that games like DMC, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, are mostly combat focused, while God of War is more like an adventure and not just a fighting game. Also Bayonetta has more cutscenes and QTE than any God of War game out there. So it just seems like they're shitting on it without even playing it or wanting to hate it because it doesn't have amazingly deep mechanics (that are still solid, especially on higher difficulties).
>>
>>345139156

Yea, now that the Greek ones are dead.

Apparently David Jaffe was the one who came up with the idea, even though it literally sounded like a fanfic.

>And just before Kratos could strike the final blow, ODIN APPEARED AND CHALLENGED ZEUS AND HIM!@!!#@OMG0_o
>>
>>345138993
games are good, don't fall into the /v/ hivemind desu
>>
>>345139467
Jaffe is a retard
>>
>>345139584

Not always.
>>
>>345139584
More like the most grounded and normal dev on the planet.
>>
>>345139287
The QTE complaints are what annoy me the most, since God of War is one of the only games that actually uses QTEs well.
>>
>>345139785

Doesn't change the fact his proposed idea for GoW3 was objectively retarded.
>>
>>345139876
People cry about GoW QTE because it's the style of QTE than every action game copies since then. It's completely different from the QTEs used in Shenmue for example.
>>
>>345139923
key word is "proposed" Kojima is worse in that department if you watch any "making of" from MGS but no one calls him retarded for it
>>
>>345140223
Kojima is just a "special needs" dev
>>
>>345139584
you couldn't be more wrong if u tried
>>
the plot of the first two games is just nonsense to give him an excuse to attack big things

Ares manipulated him into being the perfect warrior by tricking him into slaughtering his shitty wife and kid, and he decides to take it personally and kill Ares

Athena decides to promote him to GoW, and then randomly dies for no particular reason later

Zeus decides to murder him because 'he might be a threat'

there, you're caught up
>>
>>345140223

His ideas work because the MGS series was never consistent to begin with.

Plus the original idea for MGS4's ending was pretty good.
>>
>>345139584
Jaffe is my idol. His Pax speech was beautiful. He was literally talking how he doesn't give a shit about story games and he wants to make games with good gameplay. He admits that God of War might not be the best game he ever made, but he really likes Twisted Metal series which does still have a large cult following. And Drawn to Death looks decent so far.
>>
>>345140589
I would be happier about that if GoW wasn't the typical formula of giving the player 30 different attacks to use against the same 5-10 enemies
>>
>>345140589
Sounds weird considering GoW1 and Twisted Metal Black had obvious effort put in the story.
>>
>>345140839
Even more combat focused or only combat focused games only have like 10 enemies each, or enemies that are very similar. God of War 1 did lack boss fights though, and the other games improved on that with some spectacular ones and some smaller ones that required good fighting effort.

>>345141028
Story isn't bad in games. But when story is the center stage (like the new God of War, ironically) and that story isn't even good (so far it looks very generic, but let's take I dunno, David Cage games for example) then we have a problem.
>>
>>345140589

Just hope if he ever does another TM, he doesn't half ass the character roster again. TM is supposed to be about a large cast of weird drivers, not the meme mascot and three revamps of old characters.
>>
>>345141212

Cage games usually start off well enough (maybe not Beyond), and then just shit their pants around the midpoint and begin to fall to pieces.

Shame, Fahrenheit could have been something amazing if it hadn't turned into a Matrix ripoff near the end.
>>
>>345141357
I agree. The intro is amazing. You just killed a guy, there is a policeman outside of the door. Deal with it as you wish, run out, clean up, try to be cool... and the stuff you do (not clean up, call your brother ,leave traces) actually lead back to you later in the story. It was very well designed and thought out.

And then the game becomes a game where you kung fu fight a matrix mayan god to save an all knowing experiment child from a weird also kung fu fighting shaman monk. What.

Heavy Rain was the most consistent and I enjoyed it. Beyond was complete trash.
>>
>>345141527

Eh, Heavy Rain was kind of wobbly from the moment you got Paige for the first time. But it kept on its feet until the third or so trial before finally falling about.

The lack of multiple possible killers really hampered the replayability, and of course some of the more glaring plot holes made things laughable at times.

With that said, it was certainly more consistent and grounded than Fahrenheit or Beyond.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.