[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games like Riven/Schizm/Myst?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: NOR_SCHZ2.001.jpg (140 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
NOR_SCHZ2.001.jpg
140 KB, 800x600
I'm looking for games similar to the Myst series and Schizm. First person point and clicks that put you in surreal environments with difficult puzzles and an emphasis on exploration.
>>
RHEM
H
E
M

I don't think there's a lot of exploration but the puzzles are balls to the wall hard. The games are even on Steam now.
>>
Uh excuse me, only the 4th game. But I read the dev wants to bring more.
>>
Also Obduction is coming out later this month. That's something from Cyan too.
>>
>>345130321
They seem interesting but the environments lack the detail that schizm and myst had. Probably gonna check them out anyways.
>>
>>345130930
After Myst V and Uru I don't really think cyan's going in the right direction. Plus they're moving away from the weird non conventional surreal environments that made Myst so interesting. It seems they're going for more artsy post modern stuff like all the other new point and clicks. I'm looking for environments like the ones in Exile, that made you learn their different quirks and such.
>>
>>345130935
Yeah the Rhem series is extremely puzzle oriented.
>>
>>345131615
I'm really interested in 2 and 3. Do you know if there are any services similar to steam that offer them?
>>
>>345131941
It seems you can only buy them from (online) retailers. No digital copies are available yet. The dev wants to first re-release the original and then continue with others. That might take quite some time.
>>
Talos principle. The room. Vanishing of Ethan Carter. The witness.
>>
File: d'ni.png (2 MB, 1600x699) Image search: [Google]
d'ni.png
2 MB, 1600x699
>>345131298
but Myst V and Uru had great and surreal enviroments

and ahnonay had one of the best environmental quirks in the series
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.