[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bethesda stole a quest from a new vegas mod and put it in their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: TODD.jpg (27 KB, 390x294) Image search: [Google]
TODD.jpg
27 KB, 390x294
http://www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-leaves/news/big-publishers-and-a-small-mod

lmao bethesda does it again
>>
todd is just straight up owning sweaty people that can't fight back. world's not the rpgcodex or nomutantsallowed bitch
>>
>>345109246
AL Protectrons
Beth Robobrains.

Nothing to see here move along.
>>
>>345109672
>>345109246
to be honest with you senpai, new vegas itself stole many of its concepts from fallout 3 mods.
>>
>>345109943
Example ?
>>
Anything made by the GECK is property of Bethesda as per the EULA anyway, so they didn't steal shit.

The mod author isn't even bothered.
>>
>>345110175
You should read it again, it isn't. If the mod author wanted to, they could definitely take this to an attorney.
>>
>>345110029
Fallout New Vegas's entire crafting and weapon modding system was based off of a modder who made a crafting mod for Fallout 3. The mod author basically said he was honored that Obsidian was inspired by his mod. ~2:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH-4gOMP8q0&feature=youtu.be&t=130
>>
>>345109246
pretty sure they would have somewhere in the EULA that they own the rights to any mods created using the creation kits.
their jew lawyers would have sorted that out so they don't get sued for plagiarism.
>>
>>345109943
>>345110328
I think this is a bit different. This isn't mechanics, it's a story. Anyone can think up a crafting system, this is a narrative though. It's more creative than that
>>
>>345110572
it's different in terms of what is being borrowed from but not in terms of legality.

"stole". it's not stealing. bethesda literally owns everything made with their mod tools and has the authority to use it.. you can't steal from yourself.

you guys can call it lazy, but it's definitely not stealing. also, the reason i don't think it's a big deal is because in literally what universe did people not know that bethesda was super lazy?
>>
>>345110781
Pete Hines recommended authors who had mods stolen during the console mods scandal, to send a DMCA request to their email. Mod authors wouldn't lawfully be able to do that if they didn't 100% own their own mods.
>>
>>345110781
It's okay when Obsidian does it.
>>
>>345110962
there's an order of precedence. mod authors can't steal from other mod authors. but that doesn't mean bethesda isn't still the puppet master above the all who has rights to everything. the user agreement to use fallout modding software explicitly says that bethesda has the rights to everything.
>>
>>345111296
Was it always like this, or did it start with Fallout 4? I vaguely remember F3/NV's EULA being different.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.