[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This fucking game /v/.. Why does the weapon accuracy suck so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
This fucking game /v/..
Why does the weapon accuracy suck so much? I understand the point of trying to make shots count by having low ammo but why does the 3rd person aiming suck so much ass? My crosshair will be right on a clicker's head and Joel will miss half of the time.
>>
Also..
>Clickers take 2 headshots to kill
This is some garbage
>>
use only the bow for clickers, or git gud and sneak past them.
>>
>>345102310
The thing that annoyed me was how if you do something loud like activate a generator a lot of infected would flock to you. But they don't spawn until you activate it, so you don't have the option to stealth around beforehand and eliminate the infected who would react to the noise.
>>
>>345102310
>Joel will miss half of the time.
spend your supplements on improving weapon sway, stand still while shooting and wait for the reticle to zero in before firing every shot.

also git gud
>>
>>345102668
Does crouching reduce weapon sway? I forget
>>
>>345102601
that happens once in the entire game. it is a set piece where stalkers and a bloater come for you, it's like a mini boss.

humans are the most dangerous enemies in the game anyway
>>
>>345102468
>tfw playing on hardest difficulty and you kill a clicker with an arrow and it doesn't break
>>
>>345102782
humans are the pushovers, they're the only enemy that can't hear you when you're crouch walking.
>>
>>345102782
It takes away muh immersion and muh realism and I know how much you TLOUfags love to gloat about that.
>>
>>345102736
yes, but you need to improve it too with suppliments.
you cant max joel out in one playthrough either. weapons or skills.

weapon sway is the best to go for because then you can kill enemies more precise and not waist ammo.
If you are trying to play the game "properly" you stealth past everything anyway.
>>
>>345102782
>Humans are the most dangerous enemies

At least I can beat those guys to death with my bare hands. Can't even punch a clicker
>>
>>345103408
if you attack a clicker with a melee weapon that has something attached, like a pipe with scissors, it will kill them with one hit.
>>
>>345103408
>Can't even punch a clicker
pretty sure you can punch clickers. I have never tried because I avoid them, though I completed the game sometime last week I run and gun through it. Just did it to get the trophies.

obviously clickers stalkers and bloaters can fuck you up but the humans are the ones who killed me the most first time I played it.
>>
>>345103738
>pretty sure you can punch clickers
Bullshit
>>
>>345102310
Because guns are like that in real life. especially ones that have been rattling around in someone's backpack for weeks or have been found on the ground. bullets are last resort.
>>
>>345103738
you cannot punch clickers, if you try to do it you get an automatic death. the only way to kill them in melee is with an object, and there is a perk that lets you use a shiv if you get grabbed by one.
>>
>>345103807
pretty sure you can in certain circumstances if they've already been stunned, like if you shot them in the face with a pistol but in general yeah you cannot punch clickers.
>>
>>345103807
>Bullshit
have you tried?
yeah maybe if they are running at you they will grab you, but if you stun them first I bet you can punch them. I have beat one to death with a brick before and that is similar to punching. I bet you can punch bloaters too, though it wont do much.
stalkers are tougher than clickers and I have punched them to death before.
>>
>>345102310
Weapon sway is meant to be realistic and represent the adrenaline I suppose. There are pill upgrades to reduce the sway. I thought it was kind of neat, actually.
>>
>>345104140
>I bet you can punch bloaters too, though it wont do much.
>stalkers are tougher than clickers and I have punched them to death before.
You definitely cannot punch bloaters, and stalkers are actually weaker than clickers. They're not blind though and have better AI.
>>
File: 1464227521154.png (199 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464227521154.png
199 KB, 600x600
>>345104246
have you ever tried punching a bloater? I mean whet is gonna happen joes isn't gonna whiff over like a game of street fighter is e.
Naughty dog aren't that retarded to let their be some faulty animation either.
I'm quite curious desu because I don't actually know I have never tried.
>>
>>345102601
I ended up just running to that door because I couldn't be bothered to deal with those fuckers

Then that section where you're sneaking around with the hobo in that one town and he's just yelling shit while you're being stealthy. Kinda breaks the mood
>>
>>345104550
if you try to punch a bloater it will trigger the joel head crush animation
>>
>>345104579
Not just that, Ellie runs right in front of enemies without them noticing. How exactly is this game "immersive" again?
>>
>>345103408
That really annoyed me

>oh a clicker is rushing me, well I'll just mash the button to get free like with everything else
>lol no you watch this death animation now
>>
>>345103807
>>345103937

you can punch clickers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME7B69TsbwA
>>
>>345104674
one of the biggest flaws of the game that no one really talks about. they couldn't make good companion AI so they just turned it off. companion AI may be difficult to achieve, but at least other developers try.
>>
>>345104674
Well, I guess it's better than getting detected because of poor AI pathfinding, but still I couldn't take those stealth sections seriously when Ellie is bumping into people. And I'm just crouching behind some bed
>>
>>345104882
that clicker is stunned, if you try to use pure melee against them you get an automatic death scene with no way of stopping it.
>>
File: 1467228937056.jpg (38 KB, 374x421) Image search: [Google]
1467228937056.jpg
38 KB, 374x421
>>345104619
>>345104246

and you can punch bloaters

why are you fags so adiment on talking shit about shit you don't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOrl_CF-WEw

It's right at the end of the vid

>head crush animation
bullshit
>>
>>345102310
>but why does the 3rd person aiming suck so much ass?

muh realism
>>
>>345104885
>one of the biggest flaws of the game that no one really talks about
People talk about it all the time though

It's why the best parts of TLOU are when Joel is alone
>>
>>345105004
>that clicker is stunned
exactly what I said here >>345104140
>>
>and Joel will miss half of the time.
Ahh, you are missing half of the time.
I don't see the problem here. I barely ever miss, you just have to wait half a second when you aim.
>>
>>345104550
Bloaters are fucking retarded and immersion-breaking.

Joel fights them without wearing a gasmask and filter, yet these things for spore grenades. You can straight up walk through a cloud of spores and nothing happens, but the game wants you to believe that ingesting a single spore is enough to trigger an infection.

lmao
>>
>>345105218
yeah but you won't always have access to a brick to stun them with, and there are parts of the game where they come together in groups of 5 or 6, so it would be a terrible strategy anyway. the best way to deal with clickers is to ignore them and sneak past, they are just a waste of time and ammo otherwise.
>>
>>345105719
>the best way to deal with clickers is to ignore them and sneak past, they are just a waste of time and ammo otherwise.
yeah that is what I do. actually as a stealth game TLOU is pretty good.
That's why i said had that guy tried it I never tried it I only once beat on with a brick because it came too close but I was intending to throw it so i beat it with it instead lol.
I always have a brick or bottle in my inventory they are everywhere

>>345105576
>Bloaters are fucking retarded and immersion-breaking.
It is kind of retarded, but it's a game, would be OP if bloaters insatkilled you by ranged attacks.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.