[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about your first time. What game was your first? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: rec.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rec.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
Tell me about your first time.

What game was your first? What did you think of it then? What do you think of it now?
>>
I don't remember my childhood OP.
>>
>>345100742
my first time of what?
>>
First game I saw? Diablo II played by dad.
First game I played? Warcraft III or C&C Generals, don't remember which one was first but I think it was Warcraft.

I am still a fan of Blizzard, as in I hate everything released post Activision merge and everyone who shills and buys that shit.
>>
I had a russian bootleg Atari 2600 with few dozens of in-built games. Of course I loved it back then, but Atari wasn't so great in retrospect. Games didn't get really good until NES.

But I appreciate how nostalgic those 2600 beeps and boops are. The things they did to simulate an explosion sound...
>>
Mario 64, I was being babbysat by my mother's friend and her son let me press the A button to fire Mario out of a cannon after I watched for a while.

I ended up getting an N64+Mario 64 and some other games for Christmas a month or so later. Controlling Mario in that game still feels great to this day, recently played the Star Road romhack for it and still had a blast.
>>
>>345100809
Come on now, everyone remembers their first.

I still remember my first game even though its been over 25 years. it was Prince of Persia. I got it for my 7th birthday. I spent the whole night trying to win the game and my parents were mad at me for staying up the whole night.

I'm still quite fond of the game, I still occasionally emulate it.
>>
>>345100742
Red alert. Loved it then, love it now. Still want to fuck Nadia.
>>
>>345101095
Which PoP? It had versions on like 20 different platforms.
>>
super mario world. I liked it, but not as much as donkey kong country. I still like it now, but I haven't played it in quite a long time
>>
>>345100742
The first game I can actually remember playing is Chameleon twist, there were probably some before that since I remember owning a SNES as well, but that's the first I can actually remember.
>>
File: 1447396486449.jpg (119 KB, 540x402) Image search: [Google]
1447396486449.jpg
119 KB, 540x402
>>345100742

Ice Climbers.

I haven't played it in over 20 years.
>>
>>345100742
F-Zero for the Game Boy Advance.

I hated it cause I couldn't play it for shit, had my mom return it and got some Super Mario game, liked that one a lot better.
>>
>>345101204
MS-DOS
>>
>>345100887
Having sex
>>
>>345100742
emulated DKC on PC or DN3D
>>
>>345100742
As far as I can remember, it was Blinx the Time Sweeper. More watching my dad and brother playing it, however, probably because of how big that fucking controller was.
>>
My first game was an Atari 2600 game.
Maybe boxing or something, I don't know.
And really don't care.
>>
>>345100742
alley cat on my dad's work laptop.
>>
>>345100742
I'm pretty sure it was playing as Tails in Sonic 2 multiplayer when I was around 3 or 4. first game that was specifically bought for me was Mario Kart 64
>>
>>345100742
Resident Evil 2 on the PS1, I was 4 .
First game I owned and actually beat was Spyro good shit right there.
>>
File: 1460395884621.gif (287 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460395884621.gif
287 KB, 480x270
>>345100742
smb
Doom is better
Doom is still better
>>
Action 52
>>
I seriously don't remember. I've been playing games on my dad's PC as far back as my earliest memories. I have some really old memories of playing a shitty Breakout clone, but I wouldn't know if it's actually my first.
>>
>>345100742
Sanic the Hedgehog. Liked it then, not so much now.

First game beaten was Mega Man X.
>>
My friends older brother let me play pitfall on his Atari when I was only four. I still remember it, back in 86, I've never stopped loving vidya since
>>
Jackal on the NES. I played it 2-player with my dad, but I was too young to know what I was doing at the time.

I was glad when I replayed it a couple years back and realized that the game still kicks ass. Definitely an underrated classic.
>>
Rodent's revenge. My first time playing on my father's laptop.
I still hate trackpads to this day.
>>
>>345100742
My grandma owned a NES.

Played super mario bros and Contra. Remember having a lot of fun?
>>
File: Flimbo's_Quest.png (5 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
Flimbo's_Quest.png
5 KB, 320x200
>>345100742
either Flimbo's Quest or c64 circus game where you had to throw knives at baloons while girl was rotating around them
>>
>>345100742
My first ever game was probably something in an arcade that I forgot, but my first console game was Goldeneye 64. It was amazing. I went from being the worst in the house to beating the best in the hose in just a day or three. Then the kid got butthurt and wouldn't play with me anymore.
>>
>>345101095
I remember stuff but it's hard to piece together which was the first.
Contenders are Tetris and Yoshi's Cookie for the GBA or Super Mario Bros 3.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.