[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game good? Never played Disgaea before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: did.jpg (20 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
did.jpg
20 KB, 202x249
is this game good? Never played Disgaea before
>>
>>345085513
start with one you retard
Story 1>2>3>4>5
Gameplay, strategy, everything else 5>4>3>2>1
>>
>>345085595
nigga I ain't got time for that
>>
>>345085513
It has a demo, try it
>>
>>345085615
if you don't have a fuckton of free time then disgaea might not be the game for you.
>>
>>345085654
well I do have the time because I am a NEET, but I have more important stuff in my backlog to play through than the entire Disgaea series
>>
>>345085513
Do you like jrpg's? Then get it. Has the most in depth mechanics you'll find in a jrpg. The story's just mostly comical.
You don't really need to play previous entries cause they're not connected to the story, only cameos from other Disgaeas, and even then it's usually post game.
Though you'll struggle with the mechanics since you've no experience from the game, just search online for guides if you need to.
>>
File: high-prinny.png (53 KB, 256x243) Image search: [Google]
high-prinny.png
53 KB, 256x243
>>345085639
This.
>>
File: disgaea5.png (2 MB, 1132x629) Image search: [Google]
disgaea5.png
2 MB, 1132x629
fun game. best in the series, too.
>>
>>345085906

I got good news for you then. Every single Disgaea is self contained (except for a little bit of Disgaea 2 and the entirety of Disgaea D2). So you can just play the 5th one as your first one, if you so choose. I think Disgaea 5 doesn't even have post-game cameos from the other Disgaea games, in fact. If so, it would bt the first one to do that since Disgaea 1.
>>
>>345086909
I feel that the game is getting dull. the recipe has been set since D3 now, nothing really gamechanging has been done, they seem to have reached a level of "big stats" that doesn't feel that big in retrospect. adding 7 new stats doesn't really change much of the game atmosphere. The serie needs to be refreshed
>>
>>345085513
yeah, it's great. just don't cheat your way thru the campaign. start mad leveling after that.
>>
>>345087168
I'd say 3 and 4 are different enough from D2 and 5, maybe not so much mechanically but the way you actually play the post games feels different enough to me, but I've always left a large gap between playing each game so I've never felt burnt out.
I could definitely understand getting sick of the same mechanics if you played straight through each game in order, or even two in a row. but we'll probably never see a good sequel anyway so what does it matter
>>
Isn't Disgaea the kind of game you sink a hundred hours into? Fuck playing through the whole series, but 5 I'd be burned out.
>>
>>345085513
Do you lime tactics games for casuals? Do you like kawaii anime art styles? Do you like lolis, shotas, traps, or all of the above? Do you like leveling being called at 9999 with a bonus for starting over at level 1 and going max all over again? If your answer to any of these is "yes", then Disgaea may be for you.
>>
Yes it's pretty decent. Postgame is a bit shorter than other disgaeas though. The only negative thing about this game is that most characters blow. The curry loli was actually pretty decent and red magus had his moments but overall they weren't that great. Especially seraphina, that bitch can suck a giant niggerdick.
>>
Does 5 still have the same tower shenanigans D2 introduced?
>>
>>345087684
You mean like picking up units and smashing other people with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAhpowH3j7k
>>
>>345087602
if you feel like saying "hundred hours" is big you should give up the hobby already.
>>
>>345088023
not all of us are unemployed and live in our mother's basement anon
>>
>>345088023
100 hours isn't so bad but 500 hours for a series that probably doesn't have a groundbreaking story with each installment having relatively similar gameplay with minor improvements seems like a chore to me
>>
>>345088121
nobody forces you to 100% each game, anon.
I put around 150 hours in each game, without beating Baal and such, completing as much side stuff as I could - then moving on next game. had tons of fun with that.
without even having character being over 300~400 lvl in any of those.
>>
>>345088350
cuck
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.