[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where does DS2 stand?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
Now that the dust has settled on Dark Souls 3, where does 2 stand? Lots of people give it shit, but I think it's a better game overall than 3.
>>
File: 1468468636184.jpg (114 KB, 783x1588) Image search: [Google]
1468468636184.jpg
114 KB, 783x1588
Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Nioh demo > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Salt and Sanctuary > Not playing games > Lords of the Fallen
>>
>>345085157
I want to say it's worse than DaSIII but I played around 300 hours of DS2 and put down 3 after 50 with no desire to touch it again.

I was really disappointed that they threw away EVERYTHING that was tried in DAS2 and BB and made a highly iterative sequel based only on DaS.
>>
>>345085283
DeS>all
>fixed
>>
>>345085630
This. I can honestly say I enjoyed 2 much better than 3.
>>
Remember being super disappointed with 2 when I first played it (after having put 100s of hours into DaS) but when I revisited it with SotFS I found it fun as fuck. The DLC was also awesome.

Haven't finished 3 yet, I was enjoying it but had to stop around exam time and haven't been bothered to pick it back up again.

Think I'd rank the games:

BB>DaS=DeS>SotFS>DS3 ( need to finish it tho)>DS2
>>
File: 99838904523.png (433 KB, 750x522) Image search: [Google]
99838904523.png
433 KB, 750x522
It bored me out of being interested in even trying Dark Souls 3.

I don't think it's a bad game, but after playing everything Des+DaS+DaS2+All DLCS, run to the right, dodge, roll, rinse, repeat has gotten kind of old at this point.
>>
>>345085157
I loved it. Whatever other people think about it, it's their opinion and their opinion is fine too.
>>
File: 1467445084408.png (1 MB, 1366x1000) Image search: [Google]
1467445084408.png
1 MB, 1366x1000
Bloodborne > DS2 > DS3 > DS1 > Demon's Souls.

Dlc is of course included for every game except 3 which has yet to receive any. Anyone who answers differently is massively blinded by ridiculous nostalgia or internet hive mind mentality.
>>
>>345085630
>I played around 300 hours of DS2 and put down 3 after 50 with no desire to touch it again.
Same here. 3's linearity massively restricts its gameplay options, not just in how you progress through the world but also in making different builds because so much equipment is locked behind a specific path that you have no option but to progress through the same few areas until you can get to what you want.
As much as I disliked 2 having four distinctly separate routes from Majula in terms of world design, it at least offered you a great deal of options in being able to create a specific character, find specific equipment quickly, and play with that particular character. 3's linear design doesn't allow that at all.
>>
>>345085157
DaS > DeS=BB > DaS 3 > DaS 2

I had fun with all souls games but DaS 2 definitly was the least fun one. Also, shit was way too long with all the DLC.
>>
File: 1416443366730.jpg (45 KB, 425x419) Image search: [Google]
1416443366730.jpg
45 KB, 425x419
>>345089324
>too long
>>
>>345085157
>Now that the dust has settled meme
kys
>>
>>345085157

Dark Souls 2 is, has been since release, and forever will be, the bottom of the pile. I want to say it's not a bad game because I am a shill for the series but I had to force myself to beat it and haven't played it since my first completion.

I couldn't stand ADP for one thing - it makes the difficulty curve go in the wrong direction for new players; you struggle to avoid damage at the start then level it up and steamroll everything because it is impossible to be hit if you roll at roughly the right time with a few points invested.

I was frustrated in the initial stages of the game and bored towards the end.
>>
>>345085630
this pretty much. I remember thinking DaSII was awful for the most part but I still had much more fun with it than DaSIII even if its areas are objectively better.
>>
BB > Das 1 > Das 2 = Des > Das 3

Sorry
>>
>>345085157
DaS1 = BB > SOTFS > DaS3
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.