[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yes Man is the only good New Vegas ending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 800x500
This crazy fucker is an out of touch tyrant
The legion is fascistic
NCR would just be a repeat of the Old World

prove me wrong
>>
File: 1454921927741.png (216 KB, 613x538) Image search: [Google]
1454921927741.png
216 KB, 613x538
Yes Man probably is the best ending but the only canon ending is Todd's fanfiction
>>
>/v/ in charge of ruling the wasteland
Yes man a shit
>>
There is no good New Vegas ending. Courier isn't fit to run anything.

Vegas is fucked no matter who's in charge, which is an important thing to understand.
>>
File: smug_vulpes.jpg (218 KB, 1103x841) Image search: [Google]
smug_vulpes.jpg
218 KB, 1103x841
>>345074909
>legion is fascist

>this is a bad thing in a post apocalyptic society

Rome will rise again, and profligates such as yourself will only be fit to hang on a cross.

Ave, true to Caesar.
>>
>>345074909
>brainless peon
>out of touch tyrant that can at least run the joint
>legion are doomed to destroy themselves
>NCR is a repeat of the old world

i'll take out of touch tyrant, thanks
>>
>>345077265
It's just a glorified /pol/ LARPer uprising
>>
>>345077432
Yep! and is also the most effective system of government when dealing with tribes. Democratic Republics will form after the US is continentally united under one flag, more or less.

I always side with Brotherhood when given the chance, but Legion is close enough for me.
>>
>>345077425
>brainless peon

The only brainless peon in my playthrough was Mr. House after I shot him in the face with my ranger sequoia.
>>
>>345077179
Yes that's the point, but which do you think is the better option?
>>
House is responsible for the entire area still existing and having electricity. It's his city and anyone else can leave if they don't like it.
>>
>>345074909
Yes Man is the choice for underage faggots
>>
>>345077179
Independent ending doesn't necessarily men the Courier "runs" everything. All the communities and settlements continue to govern themselves, as they had been before the NCR and Legion showed up. Courier just uses Securitrons to keep the roads safe and protect Vegas from any outside threats.
>>
File: image.jpg (299 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299 KB, 800x600
>>345077265
Ave, amicus
>>
>>345074909
Both house and NCR are out of touch as fuck. Only way house survives is because of his army of robots. Only way NCR survives is because of them absorbing the desert Rangers. Caesar is the only one that is realistic about how the world works and even says himself that this while plan doesn't work unless he's the one running the show (similar to house but more grounded in reality, no crazy promise of going to Mars in 100 years). Caesar is the new master and the legion is the new unity. No sterile muties allowed
>>
File: 1407245443977.png (30 KB, 528x258) Image search: [Google]
1407245443977.png
30 KB, 528x258
fuck the powder niggers
fuck the fiends and the khans
legion can suck my long desert dong
ally with the boomers, ncr and the BoS

yes man ending
>>
File: ScreenShot1895.jpg (152 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot1895.jpg
152 KB, 1680x1050
>>345074909
>Yes Man is the only good New Vegas ending
Yes man is fedora-tier. House a best.
>>
>>345079918
>implying house isn't fedora tier either.
NCR is for cucks that play it safe
House is euphoric
Yes man is meme tier
Legion is slightly euphoric with some gay jokes you can throw at them
>>
>>345077265
Logically Speaking, I side with whoever has the better realistic chance of conquering everything with as little bloodshed or loss of human life or tech as possible.

If it causes the resurgence of modernized humanity, then I'll gladly side with the Legion.
>>
File: ScreenShot1893.jpg (146 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot1893.jpg
146 KB, 1680x1050
>>345080050
>Empowering a man that has kept Vegas going for decades after the war to fortify his position and only wants to see humanity flourish again.
>Accepting that he's been doing good so far and that you couldn't do any better
>This is somehow fedora tier
>>
>>345080131
The legion would cause that, but would need a new enemy to fight. Would've been interesting to see render unto Caesar be the canon ending and fallout 4 be all about fucking around on the east coast (no son meme though) and all of a sudden you see a courier talking about diamond city making negotiations for surrender to Caesar. Then the legion invades Boston
>>
>>345080216
You answered your own question in your response. House is fedora tier. Not necessarily a bad thing if that's what you think. Caesar and house have the most euphoric moments where they either insult PC's intelligence or quote pieces/figures of history
>>
>>345080216
>>345079918
Nigga has a point.

House = Legion > Independent > NCR

I'm speaking from a purely critical "no loss of human life" ending. House would be infinitely superior if he somehow found a way to ally with the legion without letting them completely destroy New Vegas, which even as much of a sympathizer I am to their ways, is a very BAD thing.

New Vegas, and house in General, are basically everything GOOD about the Brotherhood with none of the bad. He's not Xenophobic, he's very open with others, but he's closed with his tech. He enforces law, but doesn't tyrannically dictate his will to others. He OWNS New Vegas. He saved it, it's his by right. If he could ally with Caesar, then New Vegas could be a civilized Gem city state in an Unstable Legion area.

Granted, I understand Caesar's Logic in absorbing New Vegas to turn the Legion into something more than just a roving tribe of conquerers; as he intended to use New Vegas to bring Culture to the Legion once they reach the west coast, but to scrap everything House built up is completely wasteful and a very bad idea. Best to Give Caesar what is Caesar's, and House what is House's.
>>
File: ScreenShot1888.jpg (147 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot1888.jpg
147 KB, 1680x1050
>>345080412
I think we have very different definitions of fedora-tier.
>>
House
>genius inventor capable of saving his slice of Paradise through mastery of technology
>saves your life through Victor
>paves the way for you to be the most powerful man in Vegas
>chooses you to be his second
>literally hands you the keys to the Ferrari, you just have to do what daddy tells you and everything will be coming up daisies

Or Yes Man
>jank ass homebrew hackjob by dickless wonder Benny
>lol I'm Skynet at the end, I hope you like being fucked by AI!

The way I see it, The Courier owes House. The least he/she could do is not ruin his fucking decades in the making plans that took an apocalypse to come to fruition.
>>
>>345080535
Probably, this is a meme word we're using. Slang/meme words can be lost in translations
>>
>>345080673
>I'm skynet at the end
I kek'd
>>
File: 1467226688454.jpg (486 KB, 936x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467226688454.jpg
486 KB, 936x1200
>>345078519
>>345078519
>>
>>345080518
Depends if you believe destroying all remnants of the old world is bad. Caesar and Ulysses believe that trying to start where we left off just delays the inevitable for decay or another conflict over tech
>>
>>345080673
I just rewatched it, it seems vague but less sinister than I remember it.

Still, if it were me I wouldn't put my faith in a hacked robot that is reprogramming itself to be "more assertive".
>>
>>345080869
>nuked the shit out of one faction
You literally did not pay attention at all during LR, did you?
>>
File: ScreenShot1889.jpg (148 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot1889.jpg
148 KB, 1680x1050
>>345080701
Yeah. Well, all I'm saying is that House at least has a (bold) plan and clearly just wants to see humanity back on it's feet. He's got the resources and lifespan to see it through too.
Caesar his big idea has merit but his execution is terribly flawed and causes for way too much human suffering. NCR is old world bullshit and even if you wanted to restore the old world, the NCR isn't the way to go due to all the corruption.
Yes man is the courier thinking he can do better on his own, which is beyond dumb.
>>
>>345081031

>not creating a new vision of the legion to bring peace, freedom, justice, and security to your new Empire.
>>
>>345080953
Nah, I don't believe that sending us into another Dark Age is wise. We've hiccuped for about 250 years now, but House's ideals with the Legion's stone cold determination are both the Bricks and Mortar required to rebuild the entirety of Modern Civilization; but in a post-destruction world. For what it's worth, most of the Natural Resources are either already spent, tapped, burnt, or buried. I'm not Naive, and I recognize that humans are going to wage war, but this world is the single best state of humanity we've ever been in (Well maybe like 20 years ago) and there is no reason to do anything but go up. Nowhere but up. Whatever problems we have on Earth can be solved now, not later.
>>
>>345081154
>implying a legion supporter would nuke the NCR
You didn't pay attention to caesar either did you? All you though was "Lel nukes!"
Caesar wants to conquer the NCR to absorb it's people and ideals to form a synthesis. The only way you could justify nuking everyone is if you're independent or you were bored/didn't pay attention and wanted to nuke something to feel better.
>>
>>345081138
But that entire line of dialogue also implies that there is no real reason for Yes Man to even need ANY courier, not just us.

Yes Man is a completely open ended masturbatory fanfic of an ending, and is easily the worst, if it wasn't for the fact that the entire game painfully pounding into the player's head that NCR is so fucking BAD at what it does, that if they got Nevada, everything would fucking explode.

Courier gets New Vegas: New Vegas Explodes
NCR gets New Vegas: Everything Explodes
>>
>>345081093
>courier thinking he can do better on his own, which is beyond dumb.

Courier isn't thinking that shit at all, because he isn't running anything. The whole point of that ending is that Vegas is independent and the people there can govern themselves how they want.
>>
>>345081263
A fair point. House's plan (if it works) would be the fastest. Caesars would take longer, but also have a reliable chance of working.
>>
>>345081154
Ulysses was one of the only "good" guys that the Legion ever had, along with Joshua Graham, and arguably Caesar himself. He understood that the Legion was going to die, and he understood that the Legion was going to win. So he would nuke the NCR, cause them to suffer, get conquered really fast, then the Legion would gain momentum so fast that they would collapse from a lack of a maintained infrastructure, because Caesar planned on banking on conquering New Vegas to start the Legion down a new path.

Ulysses is very easy to talk down if you're a Legion Courier and tell him that he's wrong and a traitor, and agrees without so much as a speech check if you're Idolized with the Legion, and the best thing for the legion is to STOP. THE NUKES. All of them, even to the NCR.
>>
>>345081515
People seem to have a really hard time understanding this. Like they can't comprehend a civilization that doesn't have daddy government telling them what to do.
>>
>>345081653
Civilizations that didn't have a government of any kind tend to not do very well.

One of the only civilizations that I can remember that was ruled solely under a Despotism and didn't immediately collapse was some south American colonial nation I can't remember. SOME Government needs to exist. Anarchists are literally retarded.

Anyone who thinks that Independent Vegas (AKA I know better than everyone else) ending is better than any of the endings (except maybe NCR) is retarded.
>>
>>345081093
Fair points, however I disagree with your neglect of certain facts. NCR is just as Old world as house is. They both want to restore the old world. House just has access to better tech. The flaw in Caesars plan is arguably the exact same flaw in houses plan. If house or Caesar dies, the whole thing is in shambles. Though admittedly house is less likely to die than Caesar. Also house doesn't really care if people suffer under his rule. Don't think he cares more than Caesar about the little guy. If anything he cares just as much as Caesar or less.
>>
>>345081646
This guy gets it.
Ave.
>>
>>345081418

You're not nuking everyone though, you're just nuking the Long 15 to cripple them.
>>
>>345077179
Maybe your shit tier Courier isn't, but my super perfect Mary Sue Courier certainly is.
>>
>>345081646
Only a coward kills from a distance anyway. Ulysses's words
>>
>>345081727
You're still not getting it. It's not "I know better". It's leaving the freedom to the individual communities. If you actually talk to the native people of the Mojave, that's exactly what they want. They don't like the NCR, they don't like the Legion, they don't like House. They just want to be left alone. Putting some other group into power is you telling them you know what's best for them better than they do.
>>
File: scanmehard.png (40 KB, 591x398) Image search: [Google]
scanmehard.png
40 KB, 591x398
House is the best romance option
>>
>>345081727
Then the people of Vegas will form a government if they decide that anarchy isn't working for them?
>>
Ceasars legion is best.
I normally reserve being the dbag for second run. But courier is the most op guy in new vegas, but house treats you like trash when he has no real power, and thinks he is so great. NCR treats you like a pleb, yes man is okay, but when i came across ceasar for the first time in the game someone was respectful, captures benny for me, let's me walk in armed and execute the fuck and sings me songs of praise in his recruitment of me.
>>
>>345081887
>just nuking the long 15 to cripple them. Think about it man. If you support the legion and nuke the long 15, how the fuck is the legion gonna get west? The only reliable roads west are along the long 15 (which is already dangerous due to deathclaws is now going to be extremely radioactive with pissed off deathclaws) and the divide, which I hope I don't need to elaborate why the divide is not practical to navigate an army through even one as powerful as the legion
>>
>>345081767
Except the NCR is already suffering from Pre-War Problems and they have like, 1 or 2 states. The Legion is doing nothing but thriving and WINNING and they control like 10 states.

NCR is an inefficient, corrupt beast, and if all the sacked caravans, lack of security, and complete and total ineptitude to accomplish anything worthwhile across the Nevada border wasn't any indication, they aren't doing very well with New Vegas.

NCR is filled with bright eyed idealists who are being puppeted by the single most inept and corrupt fantasy version of a Democracy we've ever seen. The NCR sucks.

>>345082017
You mean the people who are being forced town by a hyperpowerful robot army ran by the single most powerful human being on the planet? Not fucking likely.

>>345081980
Even Arcade Ganon's ending is better if you side with house than if you go independent, and he's literally one of the Rank and File Independent supporters for the ENTIRE game along with what's her face from the Brotherhood, whose only other good ending is with Alliance NCR.

The Independant Ending is nothing but selfishness, through and through. If you want Freedom from the Individual communities, then consider House, since he doesn't care outside of the borders of his capital city, and all the great tribes in New Vegas are more than happy to follow him and his way of thinking.
>>
File: image_10.jpg (203 KB, 1448x1026) Image search: [Google]
image_10.jpg
203 KB, 1448x1026
>>345077179
But that isnt true, as human as the courier is he has some super human talking skills and calculation ability to sokve most problems through pyscho analysis or straight up scientific understanding of any problems that could face the side of his choosing. Just look at any of the skill checks from the vanilla game or dlc 75 up whether being med sci speech or barter mother fucker has a magic mouth and the analytical brain of a Dune Mentat. I think alot of people under estimate the power of the courier especially that faggot on youtube from the shoddy cast who talked about the fall of the legion
>>
>>345082104

Why not go north? Why even worry about the west for the time being?

Surely it gives opportunity for greater development, infrastructure and security within the land they already have - New Vegas + East. They have room for growth and conflict to fuel the war effort/symbol in the north.
>>
>>345082157
>You mean the people who are being forced town by a hyperpowerful robot army ran by the single most powerful human being on the planet? Not fucking likely.

What the fuck are you talking about? Courier doesn't become some kind of dictator in the Yes man ending. How are you not getting this?
>>
>>345082176
I think the Courier is estimated precisely the amount they are supposed to. Almost everyone recognizes that the Courier has the highest powerlevel out of any of the Fallout Protagonists to date, by a large margin.

It's just NOT good enough. House already had the preliminary planning in motion. Most of what people want out of the Independent ending is still VERY possible with the House Ending, even the Courier in power if you're a Good Karma player, since you're his second hand man and assuring that everyone in the Mohave is protected, since it's yours and House's now.
>>
>>345082230
The legion needs an enemy/goal to fight/pursue or it'll turn on itself.
>go north
There's no reliably/charted passage north. Caesar would have to send out a fuck ton of couriers/frumentarri spies to set up routes to California. This gives the NCR valuable time to fully secure their retreat and fortify their positions in California at their forts such as aradesh. Nuking the long 15 is the worst idea for a legion supporter. That'd be like blowing up the cave after the sorrows left and you want to help the white legs hunt them down and kill them. Better find a new route now through Uncharted territory
>>
>>345082312
Except in the Yes Man ending you are given the ability to throw the commander off the bridge.

Because you can. You have all the power, and now you have New Vegas. You have Yes Man, that entire ending is you with all the power.

It's either a complete and total anarchal madtown, or as I said before, the "I know better than everyone else" ending, because you somehow weren't satisfied with any of the 3 reasonable endings, and went with the only UNREASONABLE ending.

You're off your knocker.
>>
>>345082569
>Nuking the long 15 is the worst idea for a legion supporter.

Exactly. People don't seem to realize that when they see Ulysses, who goes out of their way to say they will destroy the legion; NUKING THE LONG FUCKING 15.

Why would someone who wants to destroy the Legion be doing that? Oh, I don't know... to DESTROY the fucking legion? Come on people, this is simple shit.

The only winning move in that scenario for pretty much ALL cases is to turn off the nukes.
>>
>>345082596
>The Courier, with the aid of Yes Man, drove both the Legion and the NCR from Hoover Dam, securing New Vegas' independence from both factions. With Mr. House out of the picture, part of the Securitron army was diverted to The Strip to keep order. Any chaos on the streets was ended, quickly. Chaos became uncertainty, then acceptance, with minimal loss of life. New Vegas assumed its position as an independent power in the Mojave.
>Supporting the ideals of independence, the Courier was recognized as the man/woman responsible for a truly free New Vegas. He/she ensured Mr. House's tyranny was broken and neither Caesar's Legion nor NCR would ever gain control over New Vegas.
Oh yeah, look at all the suffering and madness.
>>
>>345074909
>fully converted the Chairmen with the exception of a renegade Benny who's just a wily shitter
>sends the Courier to set the Omertas straight because he knows something's up
>has the White Glove Society under control to where their taboo is eccentric and not feral
>eliminates power players he can't control or manipulate like the BoS
>brings power players he can manipulate like the Boomers under control

House is never out of touch. Granted, he can make the mistake of trusting a Courier that isn't doing a House run, but if that's the case then there isn't much he couldn't have done. It's an all or nothing play no matter what, and House was betting safely from the start. He's the perfect partner to control the wasteland with and brings much more to the table than Yes Man.
>>
>>345082596
>Independent
>Less reasonable than NCR
>Less reasonable than fucking Legion

Eat shit my man
>>
>>345082726
Yep. It's either no nukes (legion/house/good guy choice), nuke Legion (NCR), nuke both (Lel yes man random xd), nuke NCR (uhhhhhh, why did you stop Ulysses then? That's exactly what he was going to do anyway)
>>
>>345082762
It's an empty, vapid self masturbatory yawp of an ending, and the only thing different from House's ending is that you're in charge, not him.

You essentially just kill and take over House's job and just fucking do what he did, except now you're delegating through Yes Man instead.

I'm completely blown away that people don't understand this. Even in the best possible ending here, it's not even the best INDEPENDANT ending, since House's New Vegas is already Independent of both the Legion and NCR. House is not a faction, he's a person. He does not have followers, he has a robot.

You're just BEING him instead of BEING WITH him. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>345077265
>>345079170
I killed swanick every time I got to nipton
spread the word now you lucky bitch!
>>
>>345082968
He's the only NPC in the game programed to feel pain. How can I resist?
>>
>>345074909
Get fucked plebs. I'm the only real option, just like trump. You can't run shit. Ncr can't run shit. Legion is gay edgelord shit.
>>
>>345083017
I'm a Bernie > Trump > Hilary guy (But apparently the modern left party is retarded so I'm forced to be bipartisan) and I recognize that House is superior to all the other options, with the potential of a more fleshed out Legion being viable.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 566x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 566x350
>>345083017
Shut up and go play dress up with your human dolls, Howard. Let the big boys handle the rebuilding of humanity.
>>
>>345078519
Except he's not, without the NCR the legion would have taken the dam and his shitty electricity with it
>>
>>345077265

>Caesar dies

What now?
>>
>>345083143
Did you even play New Vegas? He's had backup Generators underneath new Vegas, completely independent of the Dam, but he couldn't activate them until he got the Platinum Chip, and a Jump. Once he got that jump, Vegas could survive even if you DESTROY the Dam.

Which, by the way you can do in the Yes Man ending.
>>
>>345083234
lanius
>>
>>345082943
For the Independent Ending, it's not just New Vegas that's Independent, it's everybody. The Boomers are by themselves. The Kings are by themselves. The Brotherhood of Steel is by themselves. Goodsprings is by themselves.

For Houses's Ending, everyone is under House. Goodsprings is under monitor by Securitrons. The Boomers become financially invested with New Vegas. The Kings are either killed or kept watch on depending if they fight for House. The Brotherhood is wiped out for being too distant from House's ideology. Everyone who is alive and within House's reach is under his influence.

Independent lets everyone do their own thing. House makes sure everyone is doing what he wants them to. It's different.
>>
>>345082943
>Mr. House's Securitron army took control of Hoover Dam and The Strip, pushing both the Legion and the exhausted NCR out of New Vegas. Mr. House continued to run New Vegas his way, a despotic vision of pre-War glory. The streets were orderly, efficient, cold. New Vegas continued to be the sole place in the wasteland where fortunes were won and lost in the blink of an eye.
Even House's own ending describes him as a cold, soulless tyrant. Independent describes the Courier as a hero of the people. You can't argue with what the game itself says.
>>
>>345082596
>"I know better than everyone else" ending

That's what literally EVERY ending is, you colossal retard. Doesn't matter if you choose House, NCR, or Legion, you're deciding the fate of Vegas because you believe you know what's better for the people living there than they do.
>>
>>345083303
>Even House's own ending describes him as a cold, soulless tyrant
Depends on your karma, with a good karma courier he's a lot nicer.
>>
>>345083303
Except "Soulless" and "Tyrant" aren't even mentioned in that ending. Cold, yes, but the exact same thing happened in Fallout 2, where there was a "Bad" guy who had a "Good" ending because he was a right man who knew how to get things done for the greater good.

Also it's implied that the Courier helps calm him the fuck down.
>>
>>345083303
>cold despot automatically means soulless tyrant

For House's Vegas, this just means everyone wears suits, obeys the laws, pay their dues, and indulge off the streets instead of stumbling around drunk like NCR soldiers.
>>
>>345083234
>House dies
What now?
>courier/yes man dies
What now?
>kimball/hanlon dies
What now?
>>
>>345083286
Right, I forgot about the Brotherhood. Alright, so it's basically the house ending except Goodsprings is under watch, and the Brotherhood are dead.

But the Brotherhood were retards anyway- but that's just "MY" personal opinion, and I won't force that on anyone.

I still feel like House's ending was probably one of the most reasonable ones, and the Independent ending in leaving everyone to their devices would be a disservice to the wastes, since there was so much potential there, for ANY of the factions.

>>345083627
>Kimball dies
The NCR arguably improves?
>>
>>345083580
despot
noun
a king or other ruler with absolute, unlimited power; autocrat.
any tyrant or oppressor.
>>
>>345083690
>arguably improves
Lol. Implying the rich Brahmin barons don't run the NCR and are going to use his death as a means of seizing power like a bunch of bickering senators.
You're incredibly naive if you thought kimball was the man behind the curtain for the NCR
>>
NCR is the only good path, and the best outcome.
>>
>>345083764
>courier can't die
So what happens if your health hits 0? Or your rads,FOD,H20, SLP hits 1000? Nothing?
>>
>>345083627
>House dies
Courier takes over
>courier/yes man dies
Independent ending means everyone is autonomous and only New Vegas will have a power vacuum. Most likely Swank will take over.
>Kimball/Hanlon dies
Election

Part of the Legion's fatal flaw is that there's no surefire way to make someone that will continue the Legion like Caesar will if he dies. If Lanius succeeds him, then it becomes more brutal and loses the order it brings to an area despite still holding the same ideals on the surface. The only chance the Legion has of succeeding as it is once Caesar dies is if Joshua Graham comes back with the Dead Horses behind him.
>>
>>345083845
It's not the only good path. There are at least 2 of them.

They are not the best outcome. They're third place at best, no matter who you talk to. Housefags, Legionfags, and Independentfags all agree that NCR is a piss poor choice.

>>345083797
Better to just off the enabler leader and force an actual war president to come to power. NCR needs a god damned slap in the face. The legion is going to fucking annihilate them if they don't get into shape.
>>
>>345083918
Point being, courier and yes man aren't invulnerable
>>
>>345083982
They do, but they won't have enough to time to do so from the moment kimbal is assassinated. The immediate next mission from kimballs assassination is the battle for Hoover dam. They literally don't have time to mourn before Caesar is assfucking them on the dam
>>
>>345083895
Your brain's still safe at Big Mt.
>>
>>345084205
That's actually a somewhat valid point, even if the brain is in a position of no power.
>>
NCR is the strongest and bestest.
A little corruption is just a fact of life and an inevitability.
>>
>Letting an AI handle everything.
No, OP, no.
>>
>>345084205
Good point, if only you had a body to use it on and the brain had any desire whatsoever to leave the orgasm inducing mentat jelly tank he sits in. He hates getting shot at or irradiated. Couriers brain is kind of a nelly
>>
>>345083982
>It's not the only good path. There are at least 2 of them.

Nope, they're the only good path.

Legion are edgy fags, and House and Wild Card are neutral fags who can't handle decisions.

>They are not the best outcome
>Actually thinking this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>345084419
Low quality b8 of you're being ironic.
Underage retard if serious
>>
>>345084419
Enjoy holding 1 state and dying over a wall unless some Mary Sue busts you out.

NCR is weaker than the legion, dumber than House, and lacks the motivation of the Courier. They are nothing and have nothing.

I understand that they're idealistic, but they're dangerous to themselves more than they are to anyone else, or did all the sacked caravans, political espionage, and how easily they've been infiltrated with legion spies not reach you? They have no future. Their idealism is outmoded and obsolete.

If you want to see where postmodern Democracy leads, look at the wastes.
>>
File: anime NV.jpg (124 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
anime NV.jpg
124 KB, 900x750
>>345082430
I guess this is where we disagree because of my interpretation of how the dlc endings effect the vanilla world. Just consider the effects of getting the good endings in all of the DLCs, you get a group of super intelligent all be it with screwed up moral compasses old world scientist and sick production facilities protected by a massive amount of robots and weapons. From Dead money if you extrapolate and have any sort of imagination you could prob hook up the lesbos and convince that hot skin head to help you control the cloud and understand how to make those matter converter slot machines for wasteland use. For honest hearts you get the respect of a Legion General and a bunch of tribals who worship your combat prowess and would prob follow you into battle, and finally from Old World Blues you get a Legion assasin and scout on par with you in skill and possibly hte remaining nuclear warheads in the divide. Now not even taking the forces you can rally and bring under your flag bear or bull in the Mojave those force multipliers properly channeled and control from the dlc could prob wipe the Mojave clean or convince every soul in the south western waste that you are the best thing for the wasteland with the support of the matter converters or new inventions from the Big MT scientist. It just feels like you as the courier are bigger than the bear and bull combined if you go for a Speech Science Medicine and whatever else you want maxed build and beat everyone in the Mojave.
>>
>>345074909
House>Independent>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Irradiated Brahmin Shit>>>>NCR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Legion
>>
>>345084765
Nice meme bro. Super high quality post.
>>
File: Adolf_Hitler.jpg (136 KB, 1165x1549) Image search: [Google]
Adolf_Hitler.jpg
136 KB, 1165x1549
>>345077265
I always sided with the Legion as a protest of how the writers constantly handed them the idiot ball and made them cartoonishly evil. They give the NCR everything short of the GDI ion laser and they give the Legion precisely dick, it's just too enraging NOT to spite them and side with the dog-heads anyway.

I swear to God, if they had spent half the time they did on any one of the DLCs making the Legion a fully fleshed out faction New Vegas would have been twice as good as it is now, and it's already one of my favorite RPGs.

I mean Jesus, at the rate they went they seriously might as well have cut the middle man and just made them Nazis. Just plain, unambiguous white supremacists led by Adolf Hitler's brain in a jar preserved by the OSS after WWII and kept in a life support system somewhere in the Ozarks until the apocalypse. That would have been LESS offensively one-sided than what they did because at least Nazis have fashion sense.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1300x1193) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1300x1193
>>345084765
Watch yourself, profligate.
>>
File: americat.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
americat.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
I love how we can still debate this shit. I usually don't give a care about a game's story unless it's extremely bad or extremely good, but the writing is the single biggest factor that elevates NV over 3.
>>
File: 1466422363937.jpg (379 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1466422363937.jpg
379 KB, 800x600
I literally have over 200 hours in NV but i NEVER finished the game because i just can't decide who to side with. So i pretty much stopped playing the main story after coming to New Vegas every time
>>
>NCR
>Pre war government with none of the benefits, just the corruption, bureaucracy, incompetence, and hunger for power.
>Legion
>Let's not repeat the mistakes of the past, let's repeat the mistakes of ancient times. Surely we'll succeed where literally every single fucking model we're emulating failed at more favorable conditions.
>Yes man
>Status quo garbage that accomplishes nothing, but accomplishing nothing beats plunging the world into the dark ages like the previous 2 options.
>House
>The only sensible choice, if only his plan was much more ambitious than simply saving Vegas.

If we're strictly discussing what would benefit Vegas best, it would House hands down. But, in the grand scheme of things, he doesn't really do much. A none retarded Brotherhood or Institution would be needed, if only there weren't badly written cartoon villains.
>>
>>345084842
The legion wasn't handled the best, but it's value is there. You just have to look for it. It's hard to see it because we're not only told about how evil and homosexual they are by NCR citizens, but the first time we see them they're sacking a town based off of strict moral principal.
>>
>>345085063
>they're sacking a town based off of strict moral principal.
How bad is that really though? Wasteland justice is like that anyway, but instead of stabbing the guy who stole their drugs or whatever, they're actually accomplishing something on a wider scale.
>>
>>345085012
Good opinions man

Btw, House has some long-term plans involving space exploration, he's not out to save just Vegas. My problem with this is that it's not exactly as feasible as he claims. Perhaps mining for resources in space is a better plan for his expected timeframe.
>>
File: brotherhood.jpg (236 KB, 900x548) Image search: [Google]
brotherhood.jpg
236 KB, 900x548
>>345084956
I find NV threads are some of the last threads of civil discussion of /v/ where the only shitposting comes from Bethshills who are mad that there games are shit adn could never create political and moral discussions of this depth. Its refreshing because to see, but also said because i dont think we will get another game of this caliber even if Obsidian does it again.
>>
>>345085193
I didn't say that was bad, in fact I was the guy arguing for them towards the top of the thread. It easy to paint them as the bad guys because we see them doing "bad" stuff. If the first town sacking in the game was the massacre at bitter springs instead of nipton, people would have a different opinion of the factions
>>
>>345084842
Have there been any modding efforts made to fix the legion? There's been some seriously high-quality shit to come out of modding, I don't see why there isn't a mod that adds a town or two on the other side of the river with some normal legion citizens. Women and children and such.
>>
>>345084842
Well fuck, now we have the main antagonist for Fallout 5, which will be a postapo Saints Row.
With Hitlers brain in the jar as main baddie.
>>
>>345084842
Somebody please make a mod of the idea so Beth won't resort to this.
>>
File: See-that-clown-car.jpg (1 MB, 1388x1513) Image search: [Google]
See-that-clown-car.jpg
1 MB, 1388x1513
>>345074909
There is no good ending for Fallout New Vegas, there's only really one or two bad endings, and that's if you go and purposefully make as many bad decisions as meaningfully possible.

>Legion Victory
Legion has shown that in a world where freedom is basically pointless at this period of time, they're really good at keeping you safe if you give up that stupid freedom you never use. If you refuse, you'll be free to die by the hands of some raiders or mutants or whatnot. It's not all great though, there's arguable infrastructure, no long term plans, and they will end up having the same problems that the NCR have; A massive fucking lust for land and no means to hold it / even have a purpose for all that dirt. You basically have a 10-1 land to person ratio, which sounds great until you realize that they have no means to help the people they "bring under their rule" and end up making things worse for everyone. Also out of all the Legion commanders that have been shown, the only one who hasn't been cast out / set on fire is the biggest fucking asshole in the world. On the bright side, he can at least acknowledge the problems that he'll face, and will stand down / retreat like a smart leader. Still a fucking dickbag though.

Will continue on!
>>
>>345080518
>House = Legion
>Legionfags
>>
Why do legionfags fail to understand the simple concept that might makes right is not a sustainable system of governing? What happens when your charismatic leaders pass away, and make less than desirable heirs? What happens when said charismatic leaders just don't have what it takes to do real governing in times of peace? You know, feeding all their subjects, keeping order, insuring progress. The legion don't possess any minds, there are no thinkers on board. Even Caesar, the little brains they have, is just wise, not really what one would call intelligent. He doesn't seem to be making any effort of gathering thinking tanks or even imparting his wisdom to an heir. The whole faction is just a bunch of rabid dogs, and Caesar is their leash.
>>
>>345085762
In terms of their major flaws and philosophy for Vegas/mojave. Those two are more alike than any of the others. House is the perfect antagonist to Caesar
>>
>>345084842
>legion should be a fully fleshed out faction
>not the great khans
Ghengis Khan is marauding internally.
>>
>>345085820
It's Hegelian dialectics
>>
File: AAAAAAAAA.jpg (17 KB, 200x274) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAA.jpg
17 KB, 200x274
>>345074909
>>345085650
>NCR victory
NCR is facing massive issues back home, ranging from corruption to power struggles, and now they're going to war with a bunch of idiots in togas. And what's more hilarious is that they're losing, you have guns and they have swords, just shoot them. But as you guessed it, the war effort is as slow as your default walk speed, and it's basically not going anywhere until you go in and fuck things up by changing the order of things. The only reason one side wins is because you help them, they're all so lazy and incompetent. On top of that, the NCR is shown to be completely oblivious to a new strategy called "Talking it out" or as civilized people call it, "Diplomacy". They want to bomb everyone that isn't them, and then get mad at you if you did the smart thing and make friends. Oh no, you made friends with the bunch of fucks in the airplane, I guess we'll have to dredge through the free fucking kills and just deal with it. They also are fucking idiots when it comes to running things, I mean they have a fucking Howitzer and they never bother fixing it up so they can take pot shots at Cesar. Same to him, but at least he has the excuse of "I'm surrounded by technologically illiterate fuckwads who were literal retards before I forced them into my legion.", the NCR can hire some mechanic from New Reno or wherever the fuck they want, they practically own the entire western seaboard. But no, fuck that noise right?
>>
>>345085867
The Khans have always been fucking shit. They're just slightly better raiders.
>>
File: 1422395297925.jpg (71 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1422395297925.jpg
71 KB, 500x375
>>345074909
>>345085927
Also as I mentioned before, the NCR can't handle all this land. They just go ourwards and hope for reverse mannifest destiny, the problem being that instead of native americans who were fucking idiots and might as well have walked into the settler's guns, the Legion at least fights back and has a semi-competent leader. The NCR is also incapable of taking care of some Japanese fucks in San Fran, so there's that.

>House Ending
AKA the "I'm too fucking stupid to think for myself" ending. Yeah yeah he knows how to run Vegas, he's also a fucking asshole who decided to save Vegas and only Vegas. Why he thought he should make his final resting place be in his fucking hotel is beyond me. If somebody wants to take him out, all they have to do is blast at the supports on the Lucky 38 and the entire thing will just fall over. RIP mister house. He too is also incapable of making friends, although he's justified in some respects. While nobody wants friends, everyone you make friends with is either a stupid fucking band of idiots, or insane. Yeah yeah, let's side with the BoS, a bunch of Xenophobic zealots who will backstab you for a toaster.

>tfw no The King ending
At least he's not afraid to make friends, has 200 points in his Charisma special stat, and gives you a free robot dog just for saving its life. Until Mister House gives me Victor as a companion, he can fuck right off.
>>
>>345080289
that would actually would've been a good story
>Reassembling the Minutemen to counter Legion
>BOS are not /pol/ tier idiots and you recruit them for the defense of the commonwealth
or
>Fuck the minutemen/BOS and joing Legion
>>
>>345086064
>leaves historic mark of terror lasting 1000+ years (literally the european holocaust of its time)
>gets reduced to meme bad guys #3
>>
>>345085820
The wasteland doesn't need a sustainable government. It needs to be ripped to pieces before any sort of government is viable. The Legion has its priorities straight, and when basic rule of law has been restored, they can focus on improving that law.
>>
>>345086428
Failure to plan is a plan to fail. A faction sustaining itself entirely on defeating the enemy will not stand for running out of enemies to defeat. They will turn inwards to find an enemy to defeat.
>>
>>345086405
The Great Khans are pathetic losers. They should not be in any way associated with based Ghengis.
>>
File: Weight lifting negroes.jpg (25 KB, 314x358) Image search: [Google]
Weight lifting negroes.jpg
25 KB, 314x358
>>345086279
>>345074909

>Indie Video Game developer ending
Instead of making minecraft you make fucking nothing and turn Vegas into a shithole. It's not all bad, but then again you're a dude whose job it is to deliver mail, I don't think you qualify for a leadership position. It all depends on your stat alignment, but at the end of the day you're still one guy hoping that Yes Man doesn't go Terminator on your ass and take you out. Not like that would matter, you got shot in the fucking head, you are at least a badass in some respects. You'd probably just shoot him, but that would make more problems like "Imagine vegas with no police officers" and "Gee I sure hope these Cannibals, Gangsters, other Gangsters, and that one slut who fucks you because you give her 200 year old jumpsuits don't all fight over the remains" because guess who's knocking! Knock knock, it's the NCR, you didn't actually dissolve their entire fucking kingdom, and they want the damn dam back for power and electricity and POWER. Who's gonna stop them? The bunch of disorganized idiots and fucks fighting over each other? Maybe the Kings will fight for a little bit, but in every ending they get their asses handed to them. Unless they make friends with people, but diplomacy is not an option here.

So yeah, NCR / Legion takes over while the infighting happens. Your choice is moot in more ways than one. Not important and fucking irrelevant now days.

All hail hiroshima.
>>
>>345086279
>If somebody wants to take him out, all they have to do is blast at the supports on the Lucky 38 and the entire thing will just fall over
I'm probably wrong on this, but you take an elevator to get to House's physical location. Couldn't he be underneath the 38?
>>
>>345086701
You're not wrong. The guy you're replying to is confusing the giant computer screen with houses' face on it as his actual location
>>
>>345086701
>>345086791
I remembered it being behind a bunch of secret walls and stuff, I never really thought they'd make TWO elevators. I always thought it was at the top of the casino.

Still, if that weren't the case, then I'll admit I'm wrong.
>>
>>345086701
>lucky 38 gets demolished
>house, being deep underground, sends robots to relocate his fragile, cyborg body to a vault that he preserved
Seriously, House's only flaw is being an asshole, and loving vegas too much.
>>
>>345082569
if the Legion took the Mojave, wouldn't it be possible for Caesar just to sit tight for a while, reinforce the border and a stretch of the Long 15 while he sends some scouts north to find a viable route? I mean it would need some long term planning like setting supply checkpoints etc.., but having New Vegas as a base of operations I think it would be possible
>>
>>345083797
>even 200+ years the kikes still control everything

why even live
>>
>you will never make love to a beautiful young girl next to a campfire under the stars and slit her throat while she sleeps for those star bottle caps

Why even live?
>>
>>345088317
Why even kill her? She's crazy & naive as fuck. She would be my first trick of the wasteland tbqhf
>>
File: 1465104915013.jpg (174 KB, 824x1427) Image search: [Google]
1465104915013.jpg
174 KB, 824x1427
Why the FUCK would anyone choose anything other than Mr. House?

You get to be the richest motherfucker in the Mojave, you get your own fucking penthouse for your friends and shit. Occasionally your Boss gives you some errands to do and then you spend all your free time down in the strip having threesomes and foursomes with the wasteland girls.

You think NCR and Legion would let you keep that penthouse for yourself?

Also the courier can't run things on his own for shit and Yes Man is a fucking crazy unreliable bucket of bolts.

You NEED Mr. House.
>>
>>345088897
Oh it's Zero Fruit Samus again.
>>
File: 1452017016544.png (85 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452017016544.png
85 KB, 200x200
>It's a closeted homos siding with the /pol/ LARP faction episode
>>
>>345077265
The Legion does have certain strong points
They bring order and law, protect trade and let it thrive
However they have some points that are really, really shit about them
Their ridiculous brutality: I know, strike fear into the hearts of your enemies, but burning down innocent towns such as Nipton is unnecessary
They despise technology. I understand the reasoning behind that, but it's still a bad idea to stunt your technological growth
And their officers are almost above the law, unless you provoke the wrath of Sallow
>>
File: 1458397558156.webm (2 MB, 924x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458397558156.webm
2 MB, 924x1080
>>345090580
Don't like thicc?
>>
>>345091446
Sometimes, but not with that face.
>>
>>345091384
It's hard to choose the Legion when the game goes out of its way to show you how corrupt and shallow the actual organization is vs. Sallow's ideals.
>>
>>345085495
They will
The almost copied a New Vegas mod in Far Harbor
>>
>>345091446
Wasn't there a video of her getting fucked?
>>
>>345074909
>out of touch
>in a world that literally fell apart

anyone who survived the world before the bombs are the ONLY ones fit to rule it
>>
>>345091579
>The almost copied a New Vegas mod in Far Harbor
Details?
>>
File: 1461823729112.webm (1 MB, 960x472) Image search: [Google]
1461823729112.webm
1 MB, 960x472
>>345091606
Really?
>>
>>345091668
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246518
Here ya go, m8
I know Bethesda was a bit lazy, but at least well meaning, but god, after the fiasco that is Fallout 4 they are really heading down to Ubisoft tier
Not quite EA, praise Jesus, but close
>>
>>345091819
you can't do this to me without at least sharing the source, anon.
>>
>>345091509
Sallow's ideals are pretty good, from time to time
He himself is just another cunt, drunk on power
>>
File: 1468149490712.webm (593 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1468149490712.webm
593 KB, 480x480
>>345091907
>source
Don't know it myself either anon. I too would like it.
>>
>>345085927
I thought that the NCR's war effort was only going so poorly because it was being sabotaged by the top brass to make them look better for 'beating impossible odds' or some bullshit? And meanwhile the Legion firing on all cylinders and are platinum mad after being burned the first time but they're still not quite able to push a severely crippled and hamstrung NCR expeditionary force out of the Mojave.
>>
>>345080882
>yfw you notice her eyes
>>
>>345083091
Post Top 10 pranks that went too far Legion Edition
>>
File: elevator.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
elevator.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>>345086892
Definitely an elevator
>>
>>345083017
>dictator mummy who can't even defend himself
Literally no reason to help him. Unless your courier is too weak or too much of a sheep to take the reigns.
>>
>>345086892
>>345095236
>The design of the Lucky 38 makes it impossible for the second elevator to Mr. House to exist.
heh
>>
>>345086950
House should have learned to bargain better when he's not holding the chips
>>
>>345096359
Better raise the price, or you're... uh... "chip outta luck".
>>
>>345096413
Was that an attempt at humor?
>>
>>345096485
Sounds like this guy has a chip on his shoulder.
>>
File: 1459133047699.png (178 KB, 680x545) Image search: [Google]
1459133047699.png
178 KB, 680x545
daily reminder that Mr. House a good boy and dindu nuffin wrong while NCR and legionfags are turbocucks
>>
>>345096002
Literal cancer patient Sallow can't defend himself either really.
>>
>>345097070
Being the Legion's errand boy wasn't really the alternative I was suggesting.
>>
>how do you like your Vegas?
>authocratic shithole ruled by an immortal waifufag please
>say no more pfam
>>
>>345096092
No it doesn't. It can go straight down.
>>
File: tmp_9988-Meow_Drinking426177704.png (462 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9988-Meow_Drinking426177704.png
462 KB, 1280x720
>>345074909
House is the only good ending.

You will get old and die, and the courier likely doesn't have the wherewithal to manage remaking such a large area. House saved Vegas and tried to save even more, and has only had the best interests of humanity at heart since the start. He's also for all intents and purposes immortal, capable of leading humanity back to prosperity, and has even planned out how best to accomplish this task.

The Courier is much better off letting House run things while he lives the easy life flanked by his personal robot hitsquad. Why the fuck would you want to deal with politics and all that awful tedious shit that comes with being a leader? Hell, even just razing everything to the ground would get tedious after a while.
>>
>>345098170
>and the courier likely doesn't have the wherewithal to manage remaking such a large area.
This is the foundation for all Housefags. No self-confidence. It is a game where you are an unkillable, unstoppable perfect superhuman, and you people worry too much about "too much responsibility." Disappointing lack of drive, anon.
>>
>>345098442
>unkillable, unstoppable perfect superhuman

Are you for real? You really think that's an accurate description of The Courier? What's next, you going to argue CHIM is part of his powers?
>>
>>345098990
You are OP as fuck, whether or not you subscribe to the notion of "Quicksave, Quickload" being a part of his abilities. If he canonically does even HALF of the quests in that game and live, he pretty much is that big of a deal. No one is more qualified to rule than him.
>>
File: tmp_9988-Ganja_HQ-1730162333.jpg (89 KB, 396x539) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9988-Ganja_HQ-1730162333.jpg
89 KB, 396x539
>New Vegas was so good and complex and morally grey that people are still discussing the choices to this very day
>haven't seen anything for FO4 aside from shitposting about how (legitimately) terrible it is

Why. Why couldn't Bethesda have seen New Vegas as a challenge and risen to the occasion? Why did they have to give us an even more casualized game with even clearer black and white choices?
>>
>>345099161
Except most of the quests he does don't really pertain to the longevity and stability of humanity. It makes way more sense to let House run the show and give your suggestions/feedback to him. He always listens to your advice very seriously, and treats you as an equal partner. The only time he doesn't is with the brotherhood, which actually was just incomplete, as the dialog is all still in the game to allow you to convince House the brotherhood is on your side.
>>
>>345083234
Augustus
>>
>>345099716
Too bad he doesn't have one
>>
File: 1434408881188.jpg (81 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1434408881188.jpg
81 KB, 768x1024
>>345091819
That camera work makes it look like a helicopter footage of a giantess.

>>345098170
>>345088897
These guys get it.

If you stop looking the game as a vidya and try put yourself in courier's shoes, House ending is literally paradise for the courier. You get to achieve everything one can want from life thanks to House. Employment, safe penthouse, a robot army, respect and command in the strip, food, drinks, woman, everything.
>>
File: 1359053411794.jpg (10 KB, 184x176) Image search: [Google]
1359053411794.jpg
10 KB, 184x176
>>345099369
While I like New Vegas, you have no right to be surprised with the way FO4 turned out. 3 sold better than NV and that's what a company considers a success, FO4 sold more than 3 and NV combined. So Bethesda, as a business made the smart choice of continuing to do what made them money before.
If you expected Bethesda to do things differently, then you're a naive optimist at best, or a genuine idiot at worst.
>>
File: 1467903554031.png (187 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1467903554031.png
187 KB, 500x369
>>345099369
They don't have to. At this point i'd reckon zeni literally won't let them and that they have determined the 'bethesda formula' is what the bulk of their audience is looking for - that samey feeling engine, those samey feeling graphics, the fucking awful combat, the (near) same plots.
>>
>>345077179
That's why no one should be in charge. Let chaos run its course.
>>
>>345074909
>NCR would just be a repeat of the Old World
Yes, and?
>>
>>345099369
The only factions worth a damn in 4 are BoS and Institute, and only BoS can be considered good enough to the Vegas factions only because they have an actual goal, which is fuck muties/ghouls/synths. It's not much but it's a goal.
>>
>>345099629
The whole thing with House/Brotherhood was because playtesters found it really hard to not pick House, so they removed the peaceful option with Brotherhood.
>>
why synth gorillas

why synth gorillas

why
>>
>>345100103
Don't know if you noticed but the Old World made a lot of bad choices in the face of resources shortages that led to two devastating wars and the end of the world
>>
>>345100653
It's a pet project. Re-creating pre-war animals from scratch as closely to the real thing as possible, they've also done Brahmin and birds.
>>
>>345100661
The USA was on its way to a post-scarcity society when the world was collapsing.

Fusion reactors, matter manipulation devices, hardlight holograms, etc.

China got too spooked from getting their shit slapped by power armored infantry thus launching the nukes.
>>
When does the Midwest BoS invade the Mojave and take over?
>>
>>345077179
At the end of the game an explosive based courier could've soloed the entire securitron army that he used to disarm Oliver. He can waltz into Hoover Dam alone and kill the entire garrison. He can walk through the fort and shit on the entire legion.

House dies if you pull him out of a tube.
>>
File: Albinoshoutinggorillas.png (222 KB, 746x564) Image search: [Google]
Albinoshoutinggorillas.png
222 KB, 746x564
>>345100653
One of Shaun's projects to help find his mother
>>
>>345099864
Why are Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim relatively good but FO3 and FO4 are shit? Say what you will about Skyrim but it has a ton of content and it's huge, FO3 and 4 feel small and short.
>>
>>345100764
But its not an animal.

Its a robot that just looks like one.
>>
>>345101105
You get synthetic gorilla meat from their bodies.
>>
>>345101196
So where did they get gorilla DNA
>>
File: Solitudemapkey_03.png (459 KB, 964x616) Image search: [Google]
Solitudemapkey_03.png
459 KB, 964x616
>>345101041
There's pre Fallout bethesda, and there's post fallout Bethesda and there is a clear difference in the games they made.
>Skyrim had a ton of content
>>
>>345101041
Fallout 3 has some really good atmospheric DLC's, so I wouldn't say it was that bad.

Fallout NV had really no atmosphere. Everything felt like the same shit, just different corridors to go down.

Fallout 4 is just call of duty with loot
>>
>>345101398
>muh atmosphere
>>
>>345101398
I never noticed the "atmosphere" meme with FO3 until people started pointing it out and now its the only thing I see.

Can you describe the "atmosphere" of FO3?
>>
>>345101460
It can be important. There might be less people would care about Stalker if the atmosphere wasn't so amazing.

Not that FO3 has good atmosphere mind you.
>>
>>345101350
I just assumed they used the same DNA as they do for the synths. I mean the gorillas themselves are still synths after all.
>>
>>345100869
And the USA would have been there a lot faster if it hadn't held out on using oil as long as it did, which is the point

America developed microfusion when they had no other option. NCR is in the Mojave because they've wasted all the water in California. America wanted desperately to remain the sole superpower of the world. NCR wants to emulate and maintain an unrealistic standard of living.

Neither of them faced up to the reality of the world around them
>>
>>345101489

Fallout 3 on it's own doesn't have that great of atmosphere, but more the DLCs.

Anchorage had this WW2 feel but in a russian winter. Mothership Zeta had a futuristic look. The DLC's actually made the game look different from the base game.

In New Vegas it was just the same shit. You're playing a game with sand and metal buildings everywhere. The same shit was with the DLC's. That bank heist DLC was just sand everywhere. Old World Blues was just metal buildings everywhere.
>>
>>345101796
But the entire reason they needed Shaun was to have "pure DNA" for their Gen 3 organic human synths

And then a random scientist in the Institute can whip up an organic gorilla synth without any gorilla DNA

Unless Shaun is secretly a gorilla and they used his DNA for the gorilla synths
>>
>>345102093
They probably just messed with human DNA till they ended up with something that looked like how their records say gorillas looked and then just programmed them to act like how their records say they acted.
>>
File: 1438016294842.jpg (310 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1438016294842.jpg
310 KB, 800x600
>>345080216
>>Empowering a man that has kept Vegas going for decades after the war
House hasn't had Vegas running for decades. He hasn't even had it running for A decade. Vegas was a ruined city with The Strip and Freeside as the only remaining built up areas, but it had been empty after the war and then occupied by tribes for years

It was only in 2274, 7 years prior to the start of New Vegas, that House woke from stasis and began managing the Strip, doing so by civilizing the gangs and tribes in the area and having them run casinos. He says this himself - he only began to revive Vegas when one of his Securitrons detected NCR scouts.
>>
>>345101929
There is no sand in the Sierra Madre villa or casino, Zion Park for being an area predominately sandy and mountainous like the Mojave manages to give an atmosphere of unspoiled nature. Beautiful rivers with crystal clear water, even has fish is a departure from the Mojave's murky waters. There's plenty of non-hostile wildlife from coyotes, dogs, geckos, bighorners as a sort of way to let the player know not everything is an abomination out to gut you.

The Divide manages to feel like a giant shanty town in some parts, while others make use of the fallen buildings that create crevices with the natural canyon. I'm thinking you didn't play the DLCs or New Vegas at all if you think its all just sand and buildings.
>>
>>345077179
>Vegas is fucked no matter who's in charge, which is an important thing to understand.
independent courier with high intelligence and perception who has learned the lessons of the mojave and the dlc could do a decent job, especially knowing what lies ahead

house has a pretty good plan for making new vegas better and with the courier feeding him information and house's high perception, he can probably keep vegas on the right track

ncr is probably best equipped to handle the threat ahead, but i think in the long run their rule would lead to the same problems the old world had

legion would rampage through ncr, get to the coast, and then turn inward on themselves if they're strong. if they're not, then they'll just get into another stalemate with the ncr. they're doomed and completely ill-equipped to handle the coming threat. only truly bad choice.
>>
>>345102093
The pure DNA is just that; they wanted DNA with the least amount of impurities. As for the animals, the man who tells you of his pet project himself mentions that there were many attempts to create just the two that you see, even some fatalities. As they are still synths some adjustments had to be made down to how they should act and move from their data and books, not to mention this is the same place with an FEV lab next to it so manipulating DNA isn't out of the question. After all, all the synths don't look exactly like Father or you, some are even black.
>>
>>345101929
You're proving the opposite of what you're trying to say; New Vegas had consistency while Bethesdout is just 'wouldn't it be cool to have [insert whacky idea here]? Yeah totes!'. Then you're left with giant robot statues and haunted quarries just plonked in willy-nilly.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the Dunwich Borers section, it was one of the better set pieces to be honest, but that's all it was - a set piece in a game of set pieces.
>>
File: Fallout-1-Loading-Screen.jpg (169 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-1-Loading-Screen.jpg
169 KB, 640x480
What's faces on pre-war buildings in FO1&2?
>>
File: Loading02.jpg (204 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Loading02.jpg
204 KB, 640x480
>>345102843
>>
>>345102843
It's an architectural style that was popular in the 40s and 50s I believe. I think there's one on the Chrysler building.
>>
>>345102565
I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just letting you know how I felt because you asked. To me, FNV dlc's all felt way too similar to the base game. The only place the atmopshere kind of changed was in the strip, and even then It was kind of a disappointment to see that each casino was basically the same on the outiside. NV had a lot of potential to be more interesting in a lot of areas.

F3 DLC's felt like a nice change to the same atmosphere you've been seeing in the base game.

I've played 3 and NV (not much of 4). I'm by no means saying either is bad, I have hundreds of hours logged on both. I just get less bored of looking at the same stuff in 3 than I do in NV.
>>
>>345102602
Nah, any choice that isn't independent (anarchic) is a bad choice. As long as there's someone ruling over New Vegas, there'll be trouble.
>>
>>345102843
>>345102928
I miss all the mystery about Pre-War America. In Fallout 1 & 2 it was vaguely 50s but also seemed futuristic. From Fallout 3 on it was literally just the 50s with lasers and shit.
>>
>>345103271
there'll be trouble no matter what, the question is can each choice deal with what's to come. i think all of them can except legion.
>>
>>345083303
>streets were orderly, efficient, cold
Sounds pretty great if you have a coat.
>>
>>345103272
>That fucking FO4 intro

Fucking why
>>
>>345077179
High INT/CHA Courier who's completed most of the quests and got perfect endings for the DLC is
>>
The Courier won't even run Vegas.
He canonically fucks off to Big Mt after it's all over.
>>
>>345103462
The most depressing thing about that intro is that it completely went against the concept of choice by dictating a major aspect of character creation immediately.

It immediately assumes the POV of the male, which makes it an awkward POV shift storytelling wise if you want to play as female.

I'm not saying this is a game breaking design decision, but it's a very fundamental misunderstanding of how to mingle writing, presentation and choice based gameplay.
>>
>>345103340
Legion is kind of obvious, they'd stretch their empire too far and it would all turn to shit soon after.
The NCR, even though they have the manpower, would have the same problem as the Legion. The bigger the state, the more likely it is to become corrupt and inefficient (which it was turning into already).
House... well, there's the Securitron army, that's far easier to mantain than a normal one. The only problem I see would be the discontent from the people after some time.
>>
>>345103927
>The NCR, even though they have the manpower, would have the same problem as the Legion. The bigger the state, the more likely it is to become corrupt and inefficient (which it was turning into already).
sure, but the corruption won't prevent them from being able to deal with the tunnlers and other major threats in the near-term. eventually, they're going to run into the same problems as the old world, though. that's what you get by emulating the systems of the old world that created the mess to begin with.

house is better; it's a lot easier to just keep one area under control, and house is good at keeping people content enough with bread and circumstances. and if they get too unruly, he can just eject them into freeside.

i think either is viable in the near-term. independent... it's viable in the near-term if handled correctly, but the courier needs to help people prepare for the tunnelers or shit's going to go south real fast.
>>
File: ho ho ho.png (730 KB, 549x583) Image search: [Google]
ho ho ho.png
730 KB, 549x583
>>345100348
>tfw House so SO PERFECT they literally had to gimp him so the Brotherhoodcucks spawned by FO3 would consider other options
>>
>>345104663
>people cheat with mods, anyway
>>
File: 1413218256858.jpg (10 KB, 272x199) Image search: [Google]
1413218256858.jpg
10 KB, 272x199
>>345101929
>Anchorage was just snow everywhere
>Broken Steel was just lasers everywhere
>Point Lookout was just hillbillies everywhere
>Zeta was just aliens everywhere
>>
>>345104663
Why did Bethesda (and Interplay) feel the need to cram the BoS into every game? Fallout Tactics, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Fallout 3, Fallout 4. They were a pretty small part of the original two games.
>>
>>345105065
Because people like power armor.
>>
>>345103696
He doesn't just stay there forever. He just visits from time to time to introduce useful technology into society.
>>
File: LegionTowns.jpg (148 KB, 562x562) Image search: [Google]
LegionTowns.jpg
148 KB, 562x562
I was thinking about making a small mod based on this. You come across a small farm with Legion soldiers, have a chat with them, find out they happened to save the farmers from raiders and made a "deal" whereby the farmers would supply a tithe in return for continued protection. The farmers go along with it because they have no other choice.
>>
>>345105616
>tfw New Vegas will never be a finished game
>>
>>345101041
F3 > New Vegas
>>
Can the Courier even die of old age now? Assuming he/she has the good endings of every DLC, he/she can switch their body parts at will thanks to the Think Tank, and no longer needs a heart or even his/her brain
>>
>>345103118
Fallout NV's DLCs all feel the same because for the most part they all tie together, and share the same central theme of letting go of the past.
>>
>>345106515
According to FO4 having cybernetic implants makes your organic bits immortal as per Kellogg.
>>
>>345105852
For me it's looks finished all right. I mean look at how much shit it has. Full playthrough with all location explored and DLCs takes me like 80 hours. It's probably longest singleplayer game i've ever played. I can't imagine it's even bigger.
>>
File: Y-17 trauma overide harness.png (234 KB, 432x834) Image search: [Google]
Y-17 trauma overide harness.png
234 KB, 432x834
You've been visited by mr bones
Your corpse will be reanimated and made to wander Big mt unless you post "don't override me mr bones"
>>
>>345106868
It's missing a town in Arizona at the very least
>>
>>345106875
I fixed the Auto-Doc so that wont happen
>>
>>345092068
Ha! Fox Farm soil and fertilizer bag behind her... I used to work there.

... also, my head could be the watermelon any day, and I would die a happy and glorious death.
>>
>>345079779
This isn't real
>>
Look, I get that the NCR is overextended and that they are not perfect by any means but all this shit about " Muh Corporate master " and " muh Roman Empire " but what really gets me is the people who won't stop going on about " Muh anarchy and rule over Vegas "
The NCR, the Legion, and even House offer a FORM of stability for the people of the wastes. You " No gods n masters n stuff " folks are fucking awful, dooming people of the wastes to nothing but trading and scavenging forever. Legion is for the edgy faggots but at least they're semi-organized edgy faggots. NCR is moral faggots but they're well armed moral faggots. House is a faggot but he's rich faggot. Yes man means poor faggots. The Enclave was the only REAL hope of actual America coming back but now it's down to the NCR. And I wouldn't trust the Brotherhood as far as you could throw a knight.
>>
>>345077179

Courier doesn't run independent new vegas

Yesman does. Which basically involves bolstering all the good tribals and removing all the shitty ones.
>>
File: 1450080388597.jpg (84 KB, 809x960) Image search: [Google]
1450080388597.jpg
84 KB, 809x960
>>345105616
The relative lack of Legion content brought about by time constraints in pretty tragic, but why didn't they rectify this by using all that blank map on the east side of the Colorado as a world space for a DLC?

Did they not want to scrap the concepts for the four DLC we did end up with?
>>
>>345080594
house is still dumb enough to hedge all his bets on the platinum chip
>>
>>345111292
>release unfinished game
>charge extra for full version

That would have gone down well
>>
What's wrong with yesman? He's really friendly and always agree with you and he's nice 24/7
It's the best friend I could ever ask for.
>>
yes man and arcade gannon are the only characters who genuinely respect the courier
>>
>>345113081
he thinks your waifu a shit
>>
>>345086678
It was confirmed from the creators that yes man doesn't turn on you
>Raiders
>Powder gangers
The only faction that should be threatened by raiders is FoA
>Who's gonna stop them
The courier of course.
>>
>looking up some sexy body replacers and lewd outfits for new vegas
>looking up some mild sexmods, sexy poses etc.
>almost get to downloading them all
>realise what I'm doing
>get depressed
>>
File: 51480545_p4_master1200.jpg (54 KB, 301x400) Image search: [Google]
51480545_p4_master1200.jpg
54 KB, 301x400
>>345074909
>This crazy fucker is an out of touch tyrant
>Will make peace with the Kings and let them control Freeside if you aren't an NCR loving hippy
>His pushing the Followers out leads to them creating a new empire with the Khans, if you're not retarded
>Sends his Securitrons out to protect towns
>Only really gives a shit about New Vegas because its the key to his entire plan to reboot infrastructure and rebuild
>His ending is the only one where the Courier is kept close at hand as a protege/second-in-command, basically running everything while House focuses on rebuilding
>His ending states that the Mojave remains safe and secure for decades to come
>Somehow total anarchy that even the anti-gubment homo was disgusted by is better

Independent is almost as bad as Legate Legion ending.
>>
>>345110427
How are people still as retarded as you?
>>
>>345111292
They didn't want to do anything that made players who did not buy the DLC feel "left out". Also, because Caesar's voice actor was expensive. This is why there are no references to your meeting with Joshua or destroying the White Legs in the main game.
>>
>>345114636
>Israel
>respect
Have you ever disagreed with him? He gets incredibly pissy if you do
>>
>>345115246
>pushing the Followers out leads to them creating a new empire with the Khans
Man I don't know how stupid you have to be to mangle events this badly

For one, House doesn't do anything to the Followers. They stay in Freeside but can't cope in the long run.

For two, the Khan Empire says they reconnected with the Followers, as an allusion to the time before the events of New Vegas where the Followers tried to teach the Khans medicine but left when they started using it to make drugs to sell to the Fiends. All the ending says is they met some other group of Followers who were stupid enough to teach them important things and then used that knowledge to make their own little nation up north. Not that they became good people, or that the Followers stuck around to help them run things.
>>
I love New Vegas thread
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.