[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game all of a sudden brings out a giant mecha battle Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: screenshot3_xl[1].jpg (98 KB, 957x718) Image search: [Google]
screenshot3_xl[1].jpg
98 KB, 957x718
>game all of a sudden brings out a giant mecha battle
Why don't games do this often?
>>
File: maxresdefault[9].jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[9].jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>345063729
It's been ages. I only got to beat the first boss and couldn't go further than that before I had to give it back.
>>
Because Goemon did it so well no one else wanted to try
>>
File: platinum infinite drop.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
platinum infinite drop.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>345063729
because it's too unrealistic
>>
File: 1__17_.jpg[1].jpg (586 KB, 3492x1983) Image search: [Google]
1__17_.jpg[1].jpg
586 KB, 3492x1983
>>345064973
That's a load of bull anon
>>
File: 1447617830735.png (254 KB, 640x527) Image search: [Google]
1447617830735.png
254 KB, 640x527
>>345063729
>game is focused around mech combat that is rather grounded in reality with them being little more than guns with legs
>final boss makes your mech go full anime
and pull out a laser sword and gain the ability to fly indefinitely
>>
>>
File: MagnusvonGrapple.png (45 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
MagnusvonGrapple.png
45 KB, 200x285
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door fucking did this....twice
>>
>>345065285
>he doesn't think that motherfucking Impact was the best mecha in vidya history
I smell heretics.
>>
>>345066157
I mean the latter part of that sentence
>>
>>345065285
>Cool I'm gonna fight a football man and his cheerleaders
>NOPE MECH BATTLE

I was a little disappointed.
>>
AAAH~ IMPACTO!
>>
>>345066687
DA-DA DASH!
>>
>>345064669
God that game was the definition of mediocre.
Interesting concept, though.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (71 KB, 1270x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
71 KB, 1270x720
I fucking flipped my shit when I was a little kid and this fight happened. It came out of nowhere and it was the best thing ever to me.
>>
>>345065285
i just remember his pubescent "HOLY SHIIIT" and "EAT IT"

kinda wish it was open and not side scrolling
>>
>>345063729
I-Ninja is such a cool game. Not particularly good at anything it does, but just cool.
>>
File: tor.png (67 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tor.png
67 KB, 800x600
Delicious final boss. "Suddenly" is up for debate, but even so.
>>
>>345063729
>playing through lost planet
>man I sure do love fighting aliens
>end of the game coming up
>Suddenly in space in a gundam flying around with swords and shit

What the fuck just happened
>>
>>345065285
that fight's not even that good
>>
>>345065191
I love the shit out of this game but I was so disappointed that we didn't get a proper fight against Gimme in his own mech like with Walltha.

>>345070232
This. I was so hyped for that shit and I thought it was just 'okay' really.
>>
>>345063729
Monkey island 3 (?)
>>
>Summon Night Swordcraft 2
>Suddenly a giant mech boss fight happens
>It's actually pretty fun
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>No one's posted W101 yet
Shame on you
>>
>>345070223
you only ask that now after you fought on a train carrying a massive howitzer and then smashed it into a wall a 100,000 miles an hour?
>>
>>345073973
That's Lost planet 2.
>>
>>345072787
It was 4 and it was ass
>>
>>345063729
I was extremely glad when metal gear solid 4 did this
>>
>>345075241
It was bullshit though.

>a shitty, half broken prototype beating a future variant of itself that was designed to specifically destroy shit like your scrap heap
>>
>>345073608

>He hasn't read the thread

Shame on you you fucking moron.
>>
>>345076227

The only method of disabling REX besides a ridiculous amount of physical damage was destroying the radome.

Piloting it with the mouth open removes this weakness.
>>
>>345063729
That fucking eggshell challenge though
>>
>>345076438
>le weakness meme
This needs to stop, Rex/s design flawless and Otacon is a genius idiot, who didn't know what he was talking about.

Rex's design is miles and miles better than most mech's out there, since you actually have to disable his external sensors before the cockpit is exposed. Now compare this to other mech designs like those from Mechwarrior where the cockpit is ALWAYS exposed and you will see that Rex is fucking god-tier.
>>
>>345076682

>You have to disable his external sensors before the cockpit is exposed
>Before the cockpit is exposed
>Cockpit
>Exposed

You realize that is literally a weakness right Anon?
>>
>>345076227
>>It was bullshit though.

Fuck off faggot.
It was video games.
Anyone who isn't a fucking sperglord, popped an awesome boner at that part.
>>
Are there any games where you GATTAI?
>>
>>345076795
It's not a weakness of a particular mech variant, i.e. Rex, it's a weakness of the entire mech platform. You cannot have a mech without an exposed cockpit and with no external sensors, because you would be fucking blind and if those sensors are destroyed, you literally have to expose the cockpit, there's no way around that.

Rex's virtual reality cockpit was a masterpiece, because no amount of shitty external cameras or sights are sufficient to pilot something as complex and huge as a mech only with one pilot.

The whole deal with the radome and VR cockpit was an attempt to mitigate the biggest weakness of mech design in general - an exposed cockpit, so it wasn't Rex's weakness, it was his HUGE ADVANTAGE over most mechs out there.
>>
>>345077269
>The whole deal with the radome and VR cockpit was an attempt to mitigate the biggest weakness of mech design in general - an exposed cockpit, so it wasn't Rex's weakness, it was his HUGE ADVANTAGE over most mechs out there.

Except Otacon literally says the only reason it has an exposed radome is because he thought it was cooler with an obvious weakness (and he was afraid of how powerful it would be without one)

He literally implies he could have given it complete battlefield virtualization capabilities without even making it possible for the sensors to be destroyed without destroying the entire mech.
>>
>>345076682
Well fucking duh, because MechWarior is ran on principles of sci-fi which is relative scientific possibility. Metal gears just run on animu magic, they may as well be absolutely invincible and have device for reversing reality for all Kojima cares.
>>
>>345063729
>tfw the will never be an I-Ninja 2
it's not fucking fair...
>>
>>345077470
How has Pain not mastered Musou Tensei?
>>
>>345076795
I think the point is that you need to see out of the damn thing.
So you can either have your nuke machine have a little window so that someone with a handgun can shoot at you or you have cameras and shit all over the thing. With how small cameras are I don't see why a radome is such a big deal especially since this thing is designed to be a walking nuclear launch device.
>>
>>345077379
>Except Otacon literally says the only reason it has an exposed radome is because he thought it was cooler with an obvious weakness

Nope, that's virtually impossible, since you can't make any decent armor out of radio-transparent materials to cover the antenna with, it would have been exposed anyway, Otacon was just an overconfident genius idiot.

In fact, the antenna part of the radar was obviously armored as much as possible, since you need to fire multiple stingers at it to actually crack the radome (the shell that encloses and protects the antenna).

Rex's design was already turned up to 11 even in this regard and its external antenna was protected as much as it's realistically (or pseudo-realistically) possible.
>>
>>345077379
fucking otacon
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.