[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust had settled, can we agree that it wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Now that the dust had settled, can we agree that it wasn't that bad?
>>
wasnt that bad
wasnt that good

can we let the overrated souls series die now?
>>
>>345054796
It's not the worst game ever, but it's definitely the weakest entry in the series, no question about it
Mostly because of how hard namco fucked with the game, even the devs admitted it did not turn out the way they wanted it to
DLC was good though
>>
>>345054796
Yeah; "Not that bad" pretty much sums up DS2.
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 00147.jpg (72 KB, 422x555) Image search: [Google]
Kiriya Aoi - 00147.jpg
72 KB, 422x555
I'm actually replaying it now. Feels good and it's not as darkly lit as in DaS3.

I'll be in Brightstone Cove in 7-8 hours from now, so invade me if you want.
>>
File: samuel_jackson.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
samuel_jackson.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>345056416
>I'll be at X in 7-8 hours from now, wait for me/meet me then strangers!

/v/ surprises me with new forms of autism everyday.
>>
Bought it on a whim during some sale a while ago but I haven't touched it. Haven't even played the other games in the series. Should I give it a shot anyway?
>>
>>345057082
If you're new to the series I'd recommend 1 or 3 desu.

Like most people have said it's "not bad" but not great either.

1 has amazing level design, better bosses, more rewarding exploration and tighter controls.

3 is better polished and balanced than 1, and is probably the best in the series (although it feels like a rehash if you've played the other 2 games)
>>
>>345057425
>1 had better bosses
Gotta disagree there. DaS bosses are severely overrated, only a few were well designed or interesting.

>Taurus
>Golem
>Gaping Dragon
>BoC
>Gwyndolin
>Firesage and Centipede
>Ceaseless Discharge
>Pinwheel
>Sif
>>
File: DaS 2 Sinh.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DaS 2 Sinh.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>345054796
Only played DeS, DaS and Das 2 SotFS edition

DeS > DaS 2 > DaS

Demon Souls is the best and most complete experience for me. Bosses were probably the weakest in terms of difficulty but the game overall I found very difficult without using duping or any guides just a blind playthrough. Got almost pure black world tendency in both Shrine of Storms and Valley of Defilement so even though the bosses weren't that difficult just getting to them was such a grind but so fun and rewarding

DaS 2 SotFS was pretty fun but obviously far easier than the others. Still had a good portion of difficulty and the visuals were much nicer than the other two. The Sunken Crown DLC is easily the highlight of the entire game with two of the best bosses in the series in Sinh the Slumbering Dragon and that witch boss just before who I can't remember the name of

DaS was my first game I played in the series and probably the most difficult overall however I did not find the NPC's nearly as compelling as in Demon Souls and general feel of the game was average for me

Just some thoughts for people wondering how some people can prefer DaS 2 to DaS. Really looking forward to DaS 3 and Bloodbourne when I get the chance to play em
>>
File: 1465978169736.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1465978169736.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>>345056906
ha
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.