[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it shit? It has tits on the cover so it can't be THAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Blades_of_Time_Cover_Art.png (388 KB, 250x311) Image search: [Google]
Blades_of_Time_Cover_Art.png
388 KB, 250x311
Is it shit? It has tits on the cover so it can't be THAT bad.

What are some good games that are more obscure? Games that are underrated? Maybe even a little rough around the edges.

I've been looking to get...
>Eternal Sonata
>Bullet Witch
>Ninja Blade
>Kameo
>Resonance of Fate (I know it's PS3 too, whatever)

What else would you reccomend forward slash vee forward slash ?
>>
>>345054353
Forgot to specify, I'm specifically looking for 360 games. My PS3 died

I have also already played Lost Odyssey
>>
>>345054353
>What else would you reccomend forward slash vee forward slash

Just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>345054447
After you recommend something, you sperglord. Christ, it's just flavor text
>>
>>345054353
Blades of time isn't actually that bad. Solid 7/10. The time rewind mechanic is pretty nifty, I like it a lot. The story makes no fucking sense though.

Let me tell you about time mechanic. You can rewind like 10 or more seconds back and this creates a copy of you that performs your actions from before you rewinded. Not only that, your time powers recharges farily quickly and you can even stack it so you have multiple time copies of yourself. This leads to scenarios like making an entire firing squad of yourself to take down entire hordes of enemies in a hallway or ganging up on bosses.

Problem is that friendly fire is a thing, you can get hurt from your other selves. Not to mention rewinding time also means restoring enemy HP as if you never attacked them. So you gotta be careful about it and you have to think about how enemies will react when you add in different factors.

For example, there's this one mid-boss in a power armor sorta thing that has an energy tank on his back. You're supposed to shoot the energy tank. So you can try to keep him moving in a straight line, then rewind time and sneak around him to shoot him in the back. Except it's not like he's going to ignore the current you either and it's not common for past yous to end up attacking nothing as the boss does something completely different. So you can try surround the boss so no matter which angle he's facing, you're attacking his back. It might work. You might hit yourself. He might do something like his jump attack or his charge attack and move himself from the area where your time clones are attacking.

Personally I think the time mechanic is the greatest thing about this game, the rest is so-so.
>>
>>345055015
Huh, that sounds pretty interesting. The rest of the game is so-so though? Is the beat-em-up gameplay any good? Not expecting DMC or Bayonetta levels of good but...
>>
File: X-Blades_Ayumi.png (156 KB, 296x580) Image search: [Google]
X-Blades_Ayumi.png
156 KB, 296x580
If you're looking for fapbait, the first game is better. I can't play it for 10 minutes without getting rock hard
>>
Thanks for reminding me that I got this from a bundle a while ago. I should play it.
>>
>>345055273
It's alright. It's good enough. Combos and stuff are way more simple, if it wasn't for the need for time control it'd be rather mindless actually.
>>
>>345055972
Well, >>345055691 pointed out that it's also on PC. Appreciate all the info, anon
>>
Shit. Talking about this game so much makes me want to play it again. Unfortunately I haven't played for so long I became shit at it and barely even remember the buttons. This happened last time I randomly felt like playing too...
>>
File: disgusted_sigh.jpg (14 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_sigh.jpg
14 KB, 500x359
>>345054353
>forward slash vee forward slash
>>
>>345056729
>being a newfag
lurk moar
>>
>>345055463
>The long-haired beautiful anime, with her pistol blades and mind-blowing leaps, whirls and swirls from one fantastic level to the next.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.