[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kirby Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: 57048555_p1_master1200.jpg (695 KB, 809x1125) Image search: [Google]
57048555_p1_master1200.jpg
695 KB, 809x1125
Let's have a Kirby thread, there's a dev QA coming soon.
>>
>>345039338
Any confirmed time when the QA is happening?
>>
>>345041062
Hal didn't confirm a date, but probably in August.
>>
File: 1439709776730.png (38 KB, 190x187) Image search: [Google]
1439709776730.png
38 KB, 190x187
>>345039338
>>345041062
>>345041182
Where did you guys get the information about the Q&A.
>>
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADV0aCCLBcVg // Q&A link, ending soon so if anyone has any questions about robobot, now would be the time!
>>
File: 42884861_p2.jpg (161 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
42884861_p2.jpg
161 KB, 400x400
>>345042512
Sweet, thank you anon.
>>
>>345039338
How many eldritch abominations has Kirby defeated anyway?
>>
Did anyone ask if BanDee is 64Dee?

I JUST WANT TO FUCKING KNOW.
>>
>>345043407
Probably like 20
>>345043596
I want to know the relation between Bandana and Sailor
>>
File: Adeleine-319.jpg (64 KB, 374x500) Image search: [Google]
Adeleine-319.jpg
64 KB, 374x500
>>345027583

I'm not the usual one though. I'm pretty much a new one who tends to look for good requests at drawthreads while leveling up-down characters in Final Fantasy Tactics and happens to like Kirby. Howdy.

I sometimes make my own drawings when I feel like it, but I'm mostly traditional and lately haven't drawn much. Here's hoping my inspiration comes back soon...
>>
>>345043651
>I want to know the relation between Bandana and Sailor

Brothers on opposite sides of a war. That's why the "main" dee wears a bandana.
>>
File: 57498332_p0.png (554 KB, 900x665) Image search: [Google]
57498332_p0.png
554 KB, 900x665
>>345044965
That adds up
>>
>dies to Star Dream's heart's final attack in the true arena

WHY
>>
>>345045868
I put my 3ds down because I thought it was over and picked it up to dodge just in time
>>
File: you couldnt save her.jpg (46 KB, 600x604) Image search: [Google]
you couldnt save her.jpg
46 KB, 600x604
Threadly reminder that Sectonia did nothing wrong.
>>
is it fixed yet?
>>
File: 1394064238590.jpg (112 KB, 570x364) Image search: [Google]
1394064238590.jpg
112 KB, 570x364
>>345049021
oh thank fuck, now I can say what I wanted

Went back to play RtDL and was surprised by how hard the True Arena is. Its probably the hardest in the series, its really long and something about the boss patterns gets you fucked up pretty quickly and they aren't very forgiving.

While I can do the 3DS True Arenas with a multitude of abilities, I'm starting to wonder if I ever beat RtDL's without cheap shit like Tornado

How would you all rank the True Arenas when it comes to difficulty?
RtDL > PR > TD > SSU

pls dun hurt me spam filter i just wanna talk kirbys
>>
>>345049441
I beat the RtDL arena easily with bomb. I just can't get to beat the 3DS ones without abusing archer though.
>>
>>345044005
I want to rape adeleine!
>>
File: doot doot sonic warrior.jpg (31 KB, 177x199) Image search: [Google]
doot doot sonic warrior.jpg
31 KB, 177x199
CLAYCIA IS THICC
WHERE IS THE ANON WHO DREW THIS?
>>
I don't much care for Bandana Dee anymore. I believe he's become a sort of minor creative detriment to the series, I'll explain why I think so. Feel free to disagree or disregard.

>Revenge of the King
Absolutely loved him. Great personality, great chemistry with King Dedede, great role for him in the series that nobody else occupied (strongest weak nobody, passionate about his place in the world, clever, but still a weak nobody). Here he had the role of what seemed like a commander of Dedede's armies or something similar. He tries hard to stop Kirby, he tries hard to protect his king, but he is just a joke boss who is useless in battle, eaily trumped. But despite knowing he will probably never win, despite not being strong or fast, he'll never stop trying. Very charming and endearing unnamed minor character that I would have loved to see every now and again.

>Return to Dream Land
Instead of making a new character or including someone classic to fill the 4th player spot, all of who Bandana Dee was in Revenge of the King was thrown away for him to be multiplayer fodder. They saw that he was popular, they thought "wouldn't it be cool if he was really strong now?" and perhaps realized it would be very easy to make him "the" stand out waddle dee that would be easy to thoughtlessly include anywhere and to market instead of putting real effort into developing a core cast. And unlike Paradol W. Dee, or Waddle Dee from Kirby 64, Bandana isn't presented modestly and minimally. Which I think makes him fail as a Waddle Dee character.
>>
>>345050696
>Triple Deluxe

His inclusion feels very tacked-on, and he takes Adeleine's old role. Adeleine was already clearly irrelevant at this point, but she would have fit perfectly the fairy tail feel of the world, and it would have made sense to include her as she lives in a castle in the clouds, so it would have been the best time for a comeback. Show her profile, in shadow, looking down from a cloudy balcony to Kirby climbing the dream stalk at the end of the opening cutscene. Then when she shows up in-game, it would be a more notable presence. And Adeleine could have some very minor bearing on other parts of the game too, since her presence is more notable, she's more original and arguably more charming, and she offers more creative possibilities than Bandana Dee. And if not Adeleine, perhaps a NEW character relevant to the setting could have occupied that role? Maybe a little flower creature? Again, Bandana Dee's role in the game feels very tacked on, as if the creators love him but have no real ideas on how to implement him.

>Rainbow Curse

His unfitting and uninspired main character status is cemented further and shoved in your face the entire game. Also he is also now established as being Kirby's best friend now, instead of Dedede's anti-Kirby underling. Gooey, Rick and his friends from Super Star are dead forever, and so is the original Bandana Waddle Dee.
>>
>>345050792
>Planet Robobot

Another tacked-on role just to include him. Doesn't show up in any cutscenes, doesn't do anything related to the story, doesn't interact with Kirby in any other way at all, yet he gets at least 5 brand new stickers to remind us of his false imortance. His silly fan nickname "Bandana Waddle Dee" that defines him only by the fact that he wears a bandana is mow confirmed to be his actually name, making him feel even more uncreative for the role he was jammed into, to me. In this game he just gets to places before you, stands there, then throws you health items. A bit similar to Gooey's role in DL2, but finding Gooey was incredibly rare, more relevant the the game's setting and story, he didn't have any amount of focus put on him, he was a new character then, and the manner in which he restored your health didn't make things so utterly easy. More in the mechanics of his role here. I think the ability to bring health items with you makes things easier than they should be, giving you normal consumable food would have been fine.
>>
Waifufags give it up already. LET GO.
Adeleine IS NOT coming back.
>>
>>345045868
Use ESP, m8
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Just got this a few minutes ago!
>>
>>345051294
>Adeleine fags
>waifufags
Pick one.
>>
>>345051382
Well done, but come back when you get the "Perfect!" screen in DL3.
>>
THE FUCKING HEART KILLED ME AGAIN ON THE LAST MOVE

FUCK
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.