[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can an entire library be overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: DreamcastMainSystem.p.jpg (276 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DreamcastMainSystem.p.jpg
276 KB, 800x600
How can an entire library be overrated?
>>
by failing
>>
>>345028686
Not ONE game on the entire console is as good as people say? Not ONE?
>>
>>345028497
Look at the Wii U
>>
>>345028954
all the good games were ported to other consoles

the sonic games, skies of arcadia, resident evil code veronica, etc
>>
>>345030279
Not Daytona USA 2001.
>>
>>345028954
shenmue is the only game worth having a dreamcast for i guess
>>
They're all quirky experimental titles, the kind that have a couple of neat ideas but also their fair share of issues. Also doesn't help that most of the salvageable stuff was ported to other consoles.

Unless you really love arcade games running on Naomi boards, there's little reason to have a DC.
>>
>>345030427
Many good arcade games. Some of the best fighting games ever. Can emulate sega genesis and NES without mudding. Quite a few good shmups.
>>
>>345028497
The GC library is even more overrated.
>>
How can OP be such a faggot?
>>
>>345028497
>dreamcast
>overrated

most people dont even consider it a 6th gen console or forget that it even is one
>>
>>345031053
The Xbox is even more overrated than that.

The Xbox was shit.
>>
>>345030279
the dreamcast version is usually the better version though
>>
>>345030408
Grandia II
>>
>>345031674
on the ps2 & pc
>>
>>345031674
had a ps2 and windows port.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 286x176
It's a mystery
>>
>>345031674
im pretty sure it had a ps2 and pc port
>>
File: 1459131565315.jpg (75 KB, 687x686) Image search: [Google]
1459131565315.jpg
75 KB, 687x686
ChuChu Rocket was the shit
>>
>>345031827
RUSH 2: EXTREME RACING USA WAS THE BEST RACING GAME EVER MADE FOR WELL OVER A DECADE.

THE BEST.
>>
>>345031753
>>345031804
>>345031879

I tried it on a fat PS2 just last week, and I was getting slowdown just walking around town.
>>
>>345031935
I never played Rush but I had Daytona USA on my saturn so did I really miss anything? IIRC Daytona is much more well known as the best racer.
>>
>>345030408
Blue Stinger
>>
>You will never be 14 years old playing Power Stone 4 player with friends while chugging brisk ice tea and eating pizza again
For months now i've been trying to sort out all my shit that I just tossed into a box over the years. I got to a Polaroid of playing DC with my bros and started having an emotional break down. So bad my kid came out to the garage to ask if I was ok.
>>
>>345031827
>Having nothing but 10/10 memories of Jet Force Gemini from back in the day
>Bust out my N64 a few months back to play some
>It was borderline unplayable
>>
>>345032150
Daytona was just straight racing. Rush went nuts with things like stunts, big jumps, and awesome shortcuts.
>>
>>345032139
theres always the pc version
>>
>>345032219
Getting old is a bitch dude. I'm 28, which in reality isn't that old. But everytime I hear a song that came out when I was younger or think about a book I read or a game I played.... I get sad.
>>
>>345030401
That was on the Sega Saturn CD before Dreamcast.

Speaking of. Sega Saturn emulation soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E
>>
Shenmue II probably runs better on the Xbox. The Dreamcast version is plagued with slowdown.
>>
>>345032365
Is it still fun to play though? You can get the best version of Daytona, with fucking karaoke mode even, on PSN. Do I have to basically buy the cart and play on the shitty N64 controller for Rush 2? Since N64 emulation sucks.
>>
>>345032551
>implying

In the very least, there were three more courses that were in no other Daytona USA game.
>>
>>345032219
>>345032536
the landslide will bring you down..
>>
>>345032536
Yup 31 here. A fucking Offspring song came on the radio while driving to work and I lost my shit to that too.

I really need to go see a shrink or something. Between all the shit in my garage and breaking down to old songs this shit is affecting my life
>>
>talking about video games relevant to a console life cycle
>its on pc now anon fuck off
Power Stone, Street Fighter 3, Endless racing games, Crazy Taxi, PSO, Chu Chu rocket, SAMBA DE FUCKING AMIGO NIGGA
>>
>>345032612
I like Burnout Paradise more these days but Rush 2 is still a damn good second-place.
>>
>>345032551
>Sega Saturn emulation soon.
I thought this was just to bust the copy protection so you can use a usb on a saturn to play backups. Is it actually going to further the emulation scene? SSF is pretty damn good but it could be so much better.
>running Fighter's Megamix, FIghting Vipers and all those obscure saturn games at higher resolution
my fucking DREAM.
>>
Soul Calibur killed all prior fighting games and all after it.
>>
>>345028954
Not a single one.

Powerstone wasn't all that great and basically just feels sloppy and messy.

Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 are okay, but until recently, everyone sucked their dicks as the last two good sonic games. Sonic was never good

Jet Set Radio controls kinda like garbage despite the neat themes and music

Phantasy Star was never good

Code Veronica was the worst of the Resident Evils, and that's saying a lot considering that 3 exists.

Shenmue was pretty decent, but people openly weeping over Shenmue 3 kickstarter was completely unwarranted.

There is honestly very little of note left on the system, and what there IS left, can be found on other consoles, or even steam, and is USUALLY the better version. I bought into the Dreamcast meme when I was little because of Sonic, but I've since stopped being retarded.
>>
>>345032993
There is always this.

The original Soul Calibur is the best 3D fighting game.
>>
>>345032871
If you watch the whole video he goes on to say that he wants to further the emulation scene, because mod chips are something not in production heavily anymore.

His whole set up is about getting you the chip to hook to a usb. The reality he's the only one with a saturn that can do what it's doing, because he made his own mod chip. He wants to eventually put out schematics and let other homebrew people handle it ultimately I think he would want to make a better easier access version before showing off schematics. Right now as it stands though you would have to do what he has done and make a mod chip to read and pull data from the multiple cpus. He has a mod chip directly into the brain of the system where copy protection is read, and bypasses that read.
>>
>>345033013
Jet Set/Grind Radio is sloppy overall being the first game. The second game Future is much much much better then Grind.
>>
>>345033490
I got stuck in Future.
>>
>>345033538
How?
It's all pretty straight forward except for one mission which is the roppongi heights.
>>
>>345033607
I dunno, I just couldn't figure out how to progress in the second area.
>>
>>345033650
Oh I see you probably got stuck in the maze that is the sewers. To get deeper into the sewers you had to take pipes leading downwards into eventually what is a big room filled with staircases and hanging small pipes. You eventually end up fighting poison jam in a tag battle chasing them around that large room.
>>
Frame Gride never was released for other consoles and now FROM doesn't give a shit about anything besides fantasy hack and slash now.
>>
>>345032536
>>345032697
It's worse if you're a wizard. I hope at least you've had success with women

I turned 30 and feel so irrelevant in the world now
>>
>>345028497
its like the Heath Ledger's performance in Dark Night of consoles
>>
>>345030279
>the sonic games, skies of arcadia, resident evil code veronica, etc
okay but you said something about good games?
>>
>>345033013
You have never played Power Stone.
>>
>>345035867
I own 1 and 2. I've been trying to think of what game they play like, because I made a really apt metaphor comparing the two a month ago, but I can't remember it..

But basically they're garbage.
>>
>>345036223
>I once said something clever about them being shit
>Well just know they're shit

Nah famicom, nah.
>>
>>345034304
I'm married with 2 kids. Married my high school sweetheart. Go get a prostitute bro.
>>
>>345028497
Thats not a PS4.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.