[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMO's for Poorfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
Hi there, I'm a poorfag, and I'd like to know if there are any cheap or free MMO's out there that are actually decent. I heard Guild Wars 2 was pretty good.
>>
It's fucking shit, don't play it.
>>
Thats about it OP. You have a bunch of try hard hipster fags that will recommend 20+ button mmos because more buttons is more hardcore or some stupid shit.
>>
>>345023771
>>345024130
Alright, thanks guys.
>>
Wow private servers. Best choice for poorfag.
>>
>>345023624
Neverwinter online was pretty alright for a free MMO.
Class balance is fucked though so if you're into PvP you're out of luck.
>>
best f2p mmo
depends
do you like skyrim? play ESO
if you like star wars? play SWTOR, just sub 1 month and play through storyline and maybe the expansions the new one is pretty good

best b2p mmo is hands down black desert, best sand box, best everything best visuals, best combat, best everything, everything about it is fucking amazing, its just awesome
>>
>>345023624
It's a decent theme park mmo at least but lack of fun stuff to do at endgame.

And you'll be gimped in pvp unless you buy the expansion.
>>
File: 1468442987300.jpg (16 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468442987300.jpg
16 KB, 500x375
Eve online is free if you know what you're doing.

That said it's a very niche game and there's a good chance you won't like it.
>>
>>345025241
oh and ignore the fucking /vg/ FFXIV kiddies trying to shill FFXIV its so dead and unbearable
the game is just in a big hole, the dev team dug it self in a giant hole catering to the .001% hardcore raiders for 2 years, and doing nothing else, and only just recently stopped, and now theyve been taking like 7 months to churn out their 1 content patch for this year, and its been a pathetic small amount of content. not worth coming back to.
>>
>Eve Online is free

not for the first year faggot stop spreading misinformation to get newbros to come play your shitty emasculated pay-to-participate PLEX shit hole of a game.
>>
Guild Wars 2 is great. Didn't thought I would ever say that but, it's great.
If you want to be a try hard, you can.
If you want to have a comfy experience, you can have that as well.
I think with the story in the expansion they listened to people and killed of that annoying shit head.
>>
>>345025621
I've seen newbros plex their trials.

Just because you're incompetent doesn't mean other people are.
>>
>>345025241
Good post otherwise but eso is b2p. Would you happen to have a guest pass for BD. Been trying to find one since the release of the game in the west. Don't really wanna dump that much money in to a game blindly.
>>
>>345023624
Tera is always good simply because it has probably the most fun combat system. However the quests get repetitive around level 40 when I last played a few years ago. It's fun to play with others through.
>>
>>345025650
He had one bit then died
Pretty important bit, but he doesn't pull any take the credit bullshit
>>
>>345026917
They learned from it. If they make the frogs a playable race, they will print dollars.
My bet, next expansion will be the dessert and Palawa Joko, Elona.
>>
>>345025851
tera has an utterly cancerous community, though. pretty much blade & soul.
>>
>>345025650
Problem with GW2 is they have no fucking clue what they're doing and keep flip flopping on updates.

>system updates
>temporary living story
Oh shit guys, maybe we should add more actual content that sticks around for good.
>new permanent zones
>replayable living story divined into episodes
>expansion pack

Living Story sounds great on paper, but they went around it the wrong with limited time offers. Now they're split between LS, system updates and expansion, and it shows because game received fuck all updates since the expansion came out.
>>
>>345025835
oh and black desert finally bringing sieges and ninjas and major event update this coming week
>>
>>345025450
>the game is just in a big hole, the dev team dug it self in a giant hole catering to the .001% hardcore raiders for 2 years, and doing nothing else, and only just recently stopped, and now theyve been taking like 7 months to churn out their 1 content patch for this year, and its been a pathetic small amount of content. not worth coming back to.

It's almost like they learned nothing from WoW - hardcore raiders don't pay your bills, casuals do.
>>
>>345023624
>I heard Guild Wars 2 was pretty good.
This is the universal phrase that triggers average anon
>>
>>345025734
If new players are capable of purchasing the equivallent of a pimped faction battleship within their free trial then that's no incompetence. that's casualisation. the games been on a downslope for a decade. get real nigger.
>>
>>345025450
Except you're full of shit. Wether the game is good or not is a different story, but catering to the .001% ? Content patch every 7 months for the past 2 years ? Are you sure you're talking about FFXIV and not Wildstar or some shit ? Game's literally nothing but casual shit, with 4 difficult bossfights every even patch for the .001%.

You wanna shit on the game, go ahead, there's a whole lot to complain about. But at least make sure you're not talking out of your ass.
>>
File: JUST frog.jpg (44 KB, 374x363) Image search: [Google]
JUST frog.jpg
44 KB, 374x363
>played GW1 for 5 years
>GOAT MMO
>bought GW2 on release day
>mfw it's just a shitty grindy MMO that piggybacks on GW1's legacy
>>
File: GW2_bearu.jpg (18 KB, 275x241) Image search: [Google]
GW2_bearu.jpg
18 KB, 275x241
>>345029654
GW2 is amazing if you're super casual, but if you try to play it like any full-time MMORPG you'll bust through it in a week.
>>
>>345031598
this is the most retarded thing i've read on this fucking site.
>>
>>345031142
I would be less jaded with the game if they named it Dragon Wars or something with an entirely new lore due to how entirely different the game plays instead of hyping the game as the sequel to GW1.
>>
>>345023624

- The combat is nice. Not ninja gaiden awesome, but nice.
- The world is big with many places to visit and explore.
- The graphics are okay.
- Most people are friendly or reserved.
- The content is fecently challanging from start to finish.
- Free to play as long as you want, without really gimping yourself in PvE.
- Some well done skins.

Cons.
- Horrible art style.
- Meta kills build variety and makes everything a dps rush.
- Some content bugs even after 3 years of patches.
- Heavy political propaganda.
- Same 5 skills can get boring fast.
- Some classes just aren't really as viable, as other in PvE content, be it the complexity of rotations or being obershadowed buy other classes.

Overall, I enjoyed this game for around 600 hours and am still going strong without giving A-team a dime, this is a good MMO.
>>
>>345034212
>Heavy political propaganda
care to explain?
>>
>>345034212

> Horrible art style

wat?
>>
>>345035082

Heavy catering to homosexuals, transsexuals, furrys and humanism. I have no problem with things like that but hearing from a noname npc for the x's time: "Everythings has the right to live" ot seeing some pictures of the devs arranging a homosexual marriage is weird and far away from the game, being just a game. I would be more content if people would just not mention their sexuality or their believes, it just does not matter when grinding dungeons. I a, sure there are more messages, be it story or open world.
>>
File: sya.jpg (158 KB, 746x1054) Image search: [Google]
sya.jpg
158 KB, 746x1054
>>345035082

Not that guy, but there's general SJW shit going on.

What bugged me were the separatists. It's perfectly understandable that humans wouldn't want to live under the oppressive, aggressive animals, but they're treated as bad guy "racists".
>>
>just found out Log Horizon Season 3 is never ever happening
>the MMO that makes the genre great again probably won't happen in my lifetime either
>>
>>345035793
The artwork itself is really good but the character designs, the faces the proportions are all over the place. They all look plastic, the armors often don't fit correctly, most of heavy armors are skin tight and medium armors are just skin tight coats. It looks really aweful
>>
>>345035082
>go to the only bank in the most popular city
>a young boy and a young girl next to the bank
>"HEY LETS PLAY LESBIANS"
>"YOU BETTER GIVE ME A KISS"
>>
Play FFXIV for free up to LV20 and you'll probably scrape together the money for the game.
>>
>>345036092
christ worst thing about this npc is that its right by the entrance to the fractals so unless you turn voices off you're forced to listen to this same shit dialogue every 5 mins or something, they specifically choose the most populated areas to put their cardboard boxes like this too>>345036219
>>
>>345036181

I can agree character designs and creation are horrible, but the environments, mobs(excluding the recolored ones with higher levels), and armor/equipment skins are pretty aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>345023624
Is TESO free?
Basically GW2.
>>
Black Desert

There is so much stuff to fucking do 33% of that is working out how to do it because the interface is dogshit, but it's slowly getting better
>>
>>345037265

Yes I like the mostly generic environments and mobs, too but the armors are more often than not high fantasy with skin tight brestpieces and streched lower body armor parts. here is one example without gloves. Just look at how this, what seems to be heavy scale armor, is worn like a long sleeve t on a body builder, disgusting.
>>
>>345037812
The thing about Black Desert is that you'll never catch up with NEETs and that you have to NEET to compete.
Crafting/exploration gets old relatively fast.
>>
File: 3jY2YYf[1].jpg (51 KB, 464x498) Image search: [Google]
3jY2YYf[1].jpg
51 KB, 464x498
>>345025450
Jesus Christ. Anyone doubting this game is shit just needs to have a look at their general on /vg/. I went there to ask if there was any truth in what you said.

Dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>345034212
You forgot to mention the terribad voiceacting that plagues the game.
>>
>>345039632
>playing anything outside of WvW and basic leveling
>>
black desert is good
>>
>>345038607
>judging games by their generals

all /vg/ threads are shit, except if they're the first 10 or so within a game's release. beyond that the same shit starts popping up, giving rise to tripfags and waifufags.
>>
>>345040034
>generalizing MMO threads, arcade meme games, and /tesg/ to the entirety of /vg/
neck yourself underage
>>
WildStar. They didn't lock anything behind the optional sub when it went F2P. It's an honest not-shit MMORPG built on Burning Crusade idealogies for free. Heavily stylized, but even if you hate it on the surface it's worth at least a try.

Speaking as someone with 5,500 hours on GW2 that quit before the expansion release I'd recommend that to just for the handful of first-times you'll have. Some things are absolute dogshit, but no matter how hard they prune and simplify their own content, the charm's still there. Wonderfully detailed world. Hilarious hit-and-miss voice acting & characters. Fun in moderation.
>>
>>345031843
But he's correct? GW2 is actually pretty decent for casual players. Lots of quality of life features and it's easy as fuck.

But if you have played several mmos and are looking for something new and different, this isn't it and will bore the shit out of you around level 50ish.
>>
>>345037812
It's a great single player mmo. There is jack all you can actually do with another player other than grind mobs together.

I sank a good 100 hours into it and had a blast, but fuck gearing up. My 70 man guild died bit by bit as well all got sick of leveling alts or dealing with the rng of gearing.
>>
>>345040502
I never understood the rage against GW2.
It's an okay game for a month. Sucked that they never updated RvR.
Living story is absolutely trash tier and it's crazy how long they've spent on it.
But the MEMERAGE for the game? what in the HECK ?
>>
>>345041040
Like someone else said, it would have been fine if it had no relation to Guild Wars. They shit all over their heritage and existing audience to create a wow clone.

Why even have 80 fucking levels? GW1 made do with 20 and still kept people busy for years. Horizontal progression is a thing.
Why have living story? Temporary content that got them less money than a regular expansion probably.
Why completely ignore the existing skill system? It was amazing and everyone loved it.
Why make you have to kill people twice in pvp?
Hey, lets make everyone a dps! Sure GW1 didn't have a classic trinity, yet somehow everything didn't feel like a clusterfuck of people running around.

It's a solid game that should have been it's own thing. Instead it gets to drag along the dead corpse of an amazing game.
>>
>>345041668
City of Heroes and Guild Wars did the no-trinity thing perfectly, tee bee haitch

;_;
>>
File: Gwen.jpg (123 KB, 200x389) Image search: [Google]
Gwen.jpg
123 KB, 200x389
>>345041668
Forget it, anon. The good times are over.
>>
>>345025835
I might have one for you, anon
>>
>>345023624
just play PSO on the ephinea servers, shits is so fucking good
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.