[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 31
File: nms.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
nms.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Excited?
>>
>>345022884
As someone who really enjoyed Starbound, kind of
>>
Let's hope it's not over hyped garbage. I'm really looking forward to playing this.
>>
Is there more to this than flying around and ogling at the palate swapped planets?
>>
>>345023702
Nope

You can mine but there's nothing to build. Game was confirmed no multiplayer. The biggest mechanic they've come up with is exploring the planets and naming the animals and plants without any interaction between you and the universe.
>>
It can be good, but being hyped about it is just stupid
>>
>>345024078
you can trade and space pirate.
>>
>>345023702
Yes. that guy >>345024078 is lying

https://repo.nmsdb.info/
>>
>>345024078
>not minecraft
>not eve online

Good. I think I'll preorder.
>>
>>345024375
Wow it's nothing since its statistically impossible to encounter other players or AI.

>>345024496
>pre-ordering walking simulators
>>
>>345023702
Yes. The objective of the game is to get to the centre of the galaxy. You have to mine resources / build new equipment / upgrade your ship / trade with aliens / learn alien languages / protect yourself from predators / jump through wormholes to get there.
>>345024078
>there's nothing to build
False - in fact you HAVE to build / forge items to progress in the game.
>Game was confirmed no multiplayer.
There sort of is multiplayer. There's no multiplayer modes or matchmaking, but if you're online, everyone else is in the same universe as you. You can see your friends on the galactic map, so theoretically you could go find them, but distances in the game are vast, so expect to put in a lot of time to do so.
>The biggest mechanic they've come up with is exploring the planets and naming the animals and plants without any interaction between you and the universe.
That's an incredibly minor part of the game. A lot of players won't even use that functionality. The biggest mechanics are probably flight, mining minerals, forging items, trading, learning alien languages, etc.
>>
>>345022884
I am excited for all the disappointment the release will bring to the retards who preordered
>>
>>345025074
>its statistically impossible to encounter other players or AI.
False. You encounter AI all the time - creatures on planets, as well as sentinels, and also NPC alien races that you trade with.

And finding other players is not "statistically impossible". As you progress through the game it will become more likely, as you get nearer to the centre of the galaxy which everyone is congregating towards.
>>
>>345022884
How can you get excited for this is beyond me, don't you see they want to deliver too much?
It's the usual, "you see that mountain over there? You can climb it shit."
>>
File: Emperor_Sea_Strider.jpg (86 KB, 640x507) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Sea_Strider.jpg
86 KB, 640x507
>>345022884
Not as much as I was when it was announced after I saw how simple creature generation was. Still, people who wants more than Space Engine with biomes and creatures from this needs to stop shit posting and fuck off from these threads already.
>>
>>345025078
>False - in fact you HAVE to build / forge items to progress in the game.
Typically when people says "building" in vidya they're talking about bases or vehicles, NMS doesn't have that, but it does have crafting.

You should stop answering to shitposters tho
>>
>>345022884
>Excited?
Yes, indeed. For Starbound!
>>
>space exploration game
That's it? Is there more to it? Can I fuck aliens?
>>
>>345025078
How much do you get paid to do this in every NMS thread?
>>
>>345025358
You can climb mountains that you can see but that wouldn't be very exciting

>>345025372
There is an evolution the creature generation, some of the creatures you only see later on in the game. But anyway that's hardly the most exciting bit of the game for me. I think the best bit will just be the journey of upgrading all your shit, getting cool guns and a cool ship, and getting to the centre of the galaxy and finding other people.

>>345025415
Fair enough, it's just because he said "you can mine but there's nothing to build", that sounds like he's talking about crafting.
>You should stop answering to shitposters tho
You're right I should but I'll give it a minute until I get bored.

>>345025504
Think of it like Minecraft meets Halo meets GTA. It's sort of like that. No missions but there is an overall objective in the game.

>>345025778
A million pounds for every butthurt shitposter. :)
>>
I hope you can find animals in space. Or land and walk around an asteroid in ten seconds.
>>
EVERY planet has already intergalactic aliens and their robots already in them. If you abuse the natural resources of the planet too much, the robocops will come to whoop your ass. If you space pirate too much, the factions will get angry and you're stuck in the rut. Do anything and you'll get punished for it.
>>
mr shill pls go
>>
>>345026002
>There is an evolution the creature generation
There is no evolution. Just creature types with different parts assigned.
>getting to the centre of the galaxy and finding other people
Game has been confirmed to be singleplayer.

Are you sure you aren't falseflaging shitposter yourself?
>>
>>345022884
when's the release? I'm always happy to pay for my empty hopes
>>
>>345023317
Starbound is released on the 22th, might be a good way to pass time until NMS
>>
>>345027017
Sentinels aren't on every planet, but I agree it kinda suck they're in your face whenever you do something wrong, although I heard they got toned done a bit, for example when you're just defending yourself.

There should be a way to make them irrelevant after a while, maybe with a powerful enough gun or simply by making it so killing enough of them stop them for a while.

I think it's normal factions send ships to kill you if you destroy what's theirs, otherwise there's no challenge.
>>
Have they confirmed modding capabilities? Because if so it might actually be good
>>
>>345027248
I thought they said it would be possible to see other players but the game is so "Le huge" that it would be almost impossible
>>
>>345025213
Isn't the game world supposed to be absolutely massive? Not necessarily impossible, but the chances of you finding other players in the game (if everyone spawns in completely random parts of the universe) are nearly 0%. And with the mixed reception this game's been getting, I doubt a lot of people will be playing this game once it comes out.
>>
>>345025372
>Space Engine with biomes and creatures
that's all I want and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get it, so I'm happy.
>>
>>345027965
if by "mixed reception" you mean "/v/ has decided to label it SPORE 2.0 and that's the narrative we're going with" then yeah

everywhere else is full of idiots who think it's GTA meets EVE meets Skyrim meets Destiny meets Neil Tyson deGrasse

It'll sell wonderfully.
>>
>>345027958
Yeah, the dev is contradicting himself hard on the mp aspect

a red flag in my opinion
>>
>>345027958
Don't all players converge towards the center? Not so fuckhuge if everyone is close to the center.
>>
>>345026918
You can find creatures on many planets (not all). And I'm pretty sure there aren't asteroids, only planets. But there's a lot of planets. And they vary in size, environment, creatures, etc.

>>345027017
Not every planet has sentient life. They said that only 10% of planets would have interesting life. And sentinels are not on every planet.
>If you abuse the natural resources of the planet too much, the robocops will come to whoop your ass.
Then you fly away from them. That's an incentive to upgrade the guns and the speed of your ship.
>the factions will get angry and you're stuck in the rut.
I'm sure there's a way to increase your standing with them, e.g. learning their language, so I doubt you will be forever outcast by a certain faction.

>>345027248
There is an evolution, they've said that as you progress through the game you will see different types of creatures, e.g. the flying eel type things don't appear until later in the game.

You can find other people in the galaxy, this has been confirmed numerous times.

>>345027357
August 9th

>>345027965
Yes it's huge but everyone is travelling towards the same point (the centre), since that's the objective of the game. So when you get closer and closer your chances of running into people goes up massively.

Plus, they've confirmed you will be able to see your friends on the galactic map. So you can go and meet up with them if you want.

>>345028206
He's literally never contradicted himself and has been 100% coherent with everything he's said. It's unfortunate that you're too stupid to understand it.
>>
>>345028145
Not just /v/. Go to Reddit or the YouTube comments on the trailer and gameplay videos and everyone's saying the same thing about it. That it's going to be procedurally generated crap that will get boring after a couple weeks.

I'm sure it'll sell a good amount in the beginning the hype's long gone now, them delaying the game to August only hurt them.
>>
The only reason "multiplayer" was added was to justify using DRM on a GoG title, in other words you will be forced to sign up with a gog galaxy account / steam account.
>>
>>345028458
>There is an evolution, they've said that as you progress through the game you will see different types of creatures, e.g. the flying eel type things don't appear until later in the game.
that's not evolution, that's basic game design.

Meeting just goombas and koopas in 1-1 and then later hammer bros in 5-2 isn't "evolution".

And there aren't any factions, there aren't any NPCs, there's no dialog ability or anything. where are you getting this crap from?
>>
>>345028458
Oi, I'm waiting for the game too and I see no reason to shit on it but you're becoming obnoxious.

Plus you get some things wrong
>>
>>345028597
>go to reddit
>or youtube comments
I'd rather die choking on my own vomit, thanks
>>
File: 1447771234943.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447771234943.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>345028458

jesus christ
>>
>>345022884

Enjoy paying for another console port, plebeians.
>>
File: QCa3Qcw.jpg (321 KB, 751x404) Image search: [Google]
QCa3Qcw.jpg
321 KB, 751x404
>>345028597
Yes there are cynics everywhere just like any game.

>>345028616
I think they always wanted you to be able to run into other people.

>>345028645
Yes it is. It's an evolution, it's a progression.

They've been extremely clear about faction NPCs, pic related is talking to one.

>>345028737
Like what?

>>345028818
Getting rustled why?
>>
>>345028939
Do you really think a indie small company will be doing a game focused on the PS4? Sony is just realeasing the trailers for their console because they have a contract, but the game itself were made entirely on the PC and for the PC.
>>
>>345028645
They showed NPC and dialog a while ago. Check around 4:30

https://youtu.be/qqmJ8k9uBB0
>>
>>345029167

>xXx_p1r4t3-L0rD_xXx

I'm pretty sure it's bait m8
>>
>>345029198
>30fps on PS4
BLUNDER
>>
about as excited as i'd be if i were to go to the zoo
>>
>>345024269
>please dont like things i dont
>makes me feel like im wrong
>>
>>345022884
>nintenshit
Take a wild guess
>>
>>345022884
spore 2.0
>>345022884
>>345022884
>>345022884
>>345022884
spore 1.5
>>
>>345029198
>5:12

What the fucks their problem? Screaming about shooting things in a game? And fuck me those holes shooting the planet makes. Why are the graphics so disgusting?
>>
I'm having a hard time playing Subnautica for more than half an hour at a time, so I don't know if I would enjoy this. Space travel is much more interesting to me, but it's the same exact genre.
>>
Why does this game not have survival building or something? Imagine being on a planet freezing to death but you need resources to move on and can't get to them until day or something. It seemed like he got everything he needed way too quick
>>
File: 645436745687567865865.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
645436745687567865865.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
>>345025213

you're wrong anon

your center of the galaxy isn't the same as everyone else's

everyone going to just fly around playing RNG on literally everything, this includes encountering chunks with an other player that is present

your odds of encountering another player aren't statistically impossible because of the vastness of the universe, they are statistically impossible because of the RNG that is heavily weighted

I would even go so far as to assume that multiplayer is a lie and the bit about the so called "lobby" each player carries with them is bullshit

but it's like the dev guy keeps repeating everytime someone brings up multiplayer
>well we don't want the game to be about multiplayer because space is big etc etc explore and name things that other people might find, but oh wait if it's statistically impossible to find other players then why am I talking about players being able to find other player's garbage they left behind, oh that's right I'm full of shit and not good at maintaining lies
>>
>>345025078
Wait in the center of the galaxy there's a super massive black hole that would kill you. The purpose of the game is to kill yourself?
>>
>>345022884
lol not really senpai
>>
>>345030452
Maybe because it was a demo, so maybe he already had proper gear and could fool around a bit.

I just hope surviving harsh environment doesn't boil down to "mine X resource to power your suit to live another 30 seconds"
>>
>>345030508
This guy needs to study the lying techniques used by Todd Howard & Peter Molyneaux.
>>
>>345030884

well what else are you going to mine resources for? you can't build anything in the game other than your personal items
>>
>>345031051
Well yeah, there's items you can craft then your ammos, maybe? Resources can also be used as fuel or just simply sold for cash
>>
>>345022884

I don't get excited about games anymore.

That being said I'm about 50/50 on getting it on release with a GoG deal or waiting for it to drop in price in about 6 months. I rarely even consider getting a game on release.
>>
>>345030452
In one of the videos when he was on a freezing planet, he blasted some of the ground to access the cave system where it was warmer. So you could do that. Or you could just leave the planet and explore another planet in the same solar system. OR you just fly around to the side of the planet where it's day. Easy.

>>345030508
>your center of the galaxy isn't the same as everyone else's
It is actually, everyone starts off in the same galaxy (he's implied that after that you can access different galaxies)
>your odds of encountering another player aren't statistically impossible because of the vastness of the universe, they are statistically impossible because of the RNG that is heavily weighted
As you get nearer the centre it will become more likely you'll run into people, it's as simple as that
>well we don't want the game to be about multiplayer because space is big etc
Exactly, they don't want people to think it's GTA where you can just jump into a deathmatch with 10 other players because it's nothing like that. In this game, if you want to find other people, you'll have to put in hours of gameplay first to get near them. That's the difference.

>>345030706
Well they've already said that their universe doesn't directly model our own (for example they've put planets in each solar system much closer to each other than they physically could be, because they thought it was better for gameplay if you could more quickly jump from planet to planet)

So who knows what's in the centre. I doubt you will die when you get there. Nobody knows exactly what's there because they haven't said. All they've said is that "you'll want to get there" - my guess is there'll be the promise of upgrades, or a solution to the mysteries of the game's alien factions, whose lore you learn about as you go through the game.
>>
>>345030849

I think some idiots who do no research think its basically psychedelic coloured Star Citizen (what Start Citizen promised anyway). So they overhype it thinking its something it isn't.

Now there are a few people who might be excited for exactly what the game promised, because those are the same people who spent hours exploring in minecraft and Elite: Dangerous and shit. There are people who just like comfy exploration games.

Most people who are hyped are in the first category though.
>>
>>345031810
>In one of the videos when he was on a freezing planet, he blasted some of the ground to access the cave system where it was warmer. So you could do that. Or you could just leave the planet and explore another planet in the same solar system. OR you just fly around to the side of the planet where it's day. Easy.

That was my point, it's too fucking easy. It's going to be borderline boring. Where is the fun in surviving harsh planets if everything is at your fingertips?
>>
>>345031810

they said it would take you roughly 5 billiosn years to explore everything in no man's sky

so if that's true then people will not make it to the center of the universe unless they spawn close enough to it from the very start

so let's say someone out there get's lucky and get really close to the center and it takes them only 6 months of playtime to get there, wow what an exciting journey that must.... kek

the devs are clearly full of shit and my bet is on the premise of multiplayer because that would be the lie that would make the most sense as multiplayer punches a hole into everything the dev has said

you may believe him, but devs lie anon

they fucking lie
>>
>>345032742
>so if that's true then people will not make it to the center of the universe unless they spawn close enough to it from the very start
You're retarded. Here's an analogy not about food to swoop down to your level.

Imagine there's a field. In the middle of that field there's a tree. You're at the edge of the field and it was snowing a lot until recently, but conveniently it only snowed on the field. Now ask yourself, do you have to walk on every single snowflake to reach that tree?
>>
>>345032742

Explore everything meaning visit every single planet.

You don't have to visit every planet to get to the center of the galaxy. In Elite: Dangerous, which has 400 billion stars, its pretty easy to get to the center of the galaxy. You can go ahead and skip past hundreds per jump with the right set up, and can jump every minute or so unless you need to refuel.

Hell, they had a big expedition of players see how far across the galaxy they could all go together. I think it was a several month long trip, not all real time, but their progress was over a couple months. Still neat to hear about.
>>
spore 2.0
>>
my theory

when a player enters a new system, the server generates the planets for that player and then that system is added to the server's reference

any changes that player makes that are permanent like naming things etc are stored with that system

when another player discovers a new system there is a very tiny chance(astronomically low)that instead of the server generating a new system for the player, it will grab one of the stored reference system that have been visited by another player

this is the only way that it can work if the universe in NMS is as big as they make it out to be
>>
>>345031967
Good post 2bh

>>345032084
Well I wouldn't want it if you literally had to wait on a planet for hours on end until the sun came up. And I think some planets you will basically have to find a way to survive on if you want to progress through the game. So I guess you go to the other side of the planet or you go somewhere else and mine enough stuff to build yourself a better suit to then survive on that planet.

>>345032742
>so if that's true then people will not make it to the center of the universe unless they spawn close enough to it from the very start
I think they said there is an algorithm for the spawn points and it's not completely random, which makes sense. They probably just place everyone an equal distance away from the centre but in different places.
>6 months
I highly doubt it will take that long because then nobody would want to play it
>multiplayer punches a hole into everything the dev has said
I don't understand what you mean by this
>devs lie anon
>they fucking lie
That's true, like Valve said there would be another expansion to HL2 but there wasn't. But this game is being developed by a small indie studio who are risking a lot on this single title. I don't think they would want to piss people off by promising things and not delivering on them. And Sean Murray seems like a genuine bloke, not some corporate PR guy. I guess believe what you want but I believe him
>>
>>345033384
>>345033318

both of you are not understanding that if the dev said that you will likely never see another player that it means that you don't have enough time to travel to meet one

yes you dumb fucks, i understand that you don't have to visit every planet, you can just fly in a straight line to the center but that's still going to take more time than you have

again, if the dev says you will never likely find another player, then why the fuck do you think you are going to get to the center of universe any faster?
>>
File: wooooooooooooow.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
wooooooooooooow.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>345023317
>enjoying Starbound
dank b8 m8
>>
>>345033384
>You can go ahead and skip past hundreds per jump with the right set up, and can jump every minute or so unless you need to refuel.
Yup I think in NMS your hyperdrive allows you to jump a couple of solar systems at a time. And as you upgrade it you can jump 3, 4 solar systems at a time. I think that's the case anyway.

>>345033491
The planets are exactly the same for every player of the game. When you visit a planet I don't think that uploads anything to the server. There are things called "beacons" on the planets which you use to upload your animal discoveries to the server, so I think it's only once you use these that the server records the name you've given to the planet etc.
>>
>>345033491

They've said that any alterations to planets are non-permanent. Another player visiting the same planet you did will not see the continent sized dick you drew on it. Ever. It basically just regenerates the planet from the same variables it generated for you.

All planets are basically just a set of variables in an algorithm since they're all procedurally generated. Once someone visits a planet for the first time it generates rolls the variables on the table, generates it, and anything the player names simply gets tagged and stored as a txt (Planet XXYAZ113223: Creature 13843CAAF: Penis Weenus). When they leave the planet, it ceases existing as anything but a set of variables in a huge .txt file.

Storage for the game will be easy. .txt files are small as fuck. Game just has to pull the txts from the server and generate things client side.
>>
>>345033876

well if you have hyper drive or whatever and can move faster than light, then how can you explain the bit about the dev saying you will most likely never meet another player

because if you can hyperdrive past several galaxies and get to the center of the universe then you will no doubt find other players all the time, especially since there's nice center for everyone to converge on, right?

it's not making sense
>>
>>345033785
>yes you dumb fucks, i understand that you don't have to visit every planet, you can just fly in a straight line to the center but that's still going to take more time than you have
Based on what you retard, that's literally only a matter of the dev balancing the warp drive update so it can cross enough planets at once
>>
i have a feeling its going to be "loading the game"

and spaceship flying is literally lookin around in a non mobile spaceship
>>
>>345034417

i understand this, but I'm trying to reconcile how the game is somehow virtually not multiplayer because "space is big", but it's not so small because hyper drive, FTL and everyone will be able to make it tot he center of the universe....
>>
>>345022884
Why? I already have Elite Dangerous. Basically the same game.
>>
>>345034760
Oh, you're that autist from last thread.
>>
>>345034590

jesus christ, think about it

if you can warp, hyperor FTL whatever and travel to the center of universe really fast - then how come the dev says you will likely never meet another player - if everyone's going to get there eventully because scifi engines then why do the devs say you probably won't meet another player

the dev is either retarded or lying and you're retarded for not understanding this
>>
Yeah but the hype died down for me. Probably gonna get it on sale eventually.
>>
>>345034760

I don't think they've ever said that "everyone" will be able to make it to the center of the universe. In fact I don't think he even said that was a specific goal, just one possible one goal people could make for themselves.

I think for the most part they're talking about low chances for people to unintentionally run into each other. Chances are, based on how far you can see, that you'll never run into another person, even if you're on the same planet you probably won't see each other. Put only 2 people on Earth and chances are they won't ever see each other, let alone a whole galaxy
Chances obviously skyrocket if they can communicate and travel to the same point. I think the devs were talking just randomly wandering around playing you won't see anyone else.

I could be wrong though. They could easily be talking out of their ass.
>>
>>345035012
Maybe that even at the endgame, one warp-drive jump away from the center, there's still 10 000 planets you could potentially be long.

You're an autist with no sense of scale.
>>
>>345034526
>how can you explain the bit about the dev saying you will most likely never meet another player
In general play it is incredibly unlikely. But he's also said that friends show up on the galactic map, so I am sure people WILL make efforts to run into their friends, and other people (bear in mind though, that the map might only show you which planet your friend is on. But since planets are the size of real planets, finding where they are on that planet might be really fucking difficult).

>because if you can hyperdrive past several galaxies and get to the center of the universe then you will no doubt find other players all the time, especially since there's nice center for everyone to converge on, right?
Well I don't know what's at the centre, I would guess it probably isn't some nice lobby where everyone stands around. But I'm just saying that as you get nearer the centre, the odds of seeing people are higher, and also I think that people will make efforts to meet each other as they get nearer the centre (since it will be much easier then, with the distances far shorter). Sean Murray himself said that he thinks "highways" might develop, where people share on the internet which route they have taken to the centre, and what resources can be found there. Then people converge onto that route, so if you take that route too you'll be more likely to run into people.

>>345034738
They've tried to eliminate all loading times. The game loads like GTA, as you get nearer something it loads into view (well in this case it's generated into view, but it's the same result). So even when you go down on a planet, the transition should be seamless. At least, it doesn't pause to load anything, it loads as you move.
>>
>>345035339

scale is obviously made irrelevant if the so called "universe that take 5 billion years to fully explore" can be navigated quickly enough to reach the center by any player - in a universe where your odds of meeting someone are supposedly statistically unlikely because the the universe if huge, but not too huge for your galaxy hopping engines
>>
>>345035825

doesn't matter how big the planet, system, galaxy or universe is if your engines can take you to the center of universe in a short amount of time

if there is actual multiplayer then there's not doubt everyone will meet up, if everyone can get to the center of the universe then they can get to each other just the same
>>
The thing that is bothering me the most is the walking speed.

Look at this shit >>345029198 it's like playing fallout on walk mode.
>>
>>345022884
No. Why should I be? The game looks like any other fucking game. Planets look samey as fuck, the procedural algorithm is bare-bones at best. Every planet they have shown is the same low hill, flat terrain, small pond type of planet. Nothing fantastic and truly overwhelming.
>>
>>345036871

that's the developer doing his showcasing control, he moves slowly and pans very smoothly to try and make it look good for the camera
>>
>>345035965
My guess is that getting to the centre will take like 20 hours of gameplay (maybe a bit more) since it's the main objective of the game.

The universe is huge, but I'm pretty sure he said in an interview that you will get algorithmically placed somewhere that is a certain distance from the centre. So everyone will have a journey of a similar length. But still, there will be people in every single direction away from the centre, so where you start off, there's very unlikely to be any other people. Think about that for a second - it probably won't just be every direction in a 360 degree circle that people are placed in, but it will be every direction in a sphere, because the universe is 3 dimensional.

>>345036419
>doesn't matter how big the planet, system, galaxy or universe is if your engines can take you to the center of universe in a short amount of time
I don't think they can take you there in "a short amount of time". I think the hyperdrive you start off with is very limited, but you can upgrade it to take you a bit further at a time, but it still won't be able to travel the entire length of the universe in one go.

>if there is actual multiplayer then there's not doubt everyone will meet up, if everyone can get to the center of the universe then they can get to each other just the same
Well he's said there's no matchmaking and you can't warp to people, but you can see your friends on the galactic map, so yes people will probably try and make that effort. But I don't know if the map will show you WHERE on a planet they are. And it might only show you what solar system they are in, rather than what planet. So I think it will still take a lot of hunting, from what he's said. So entirely possible, but just takes a bit of work.
>>
Scale is babbyfied retardation. You want me to feel like I am playing in an infinite universe full of unexplored wonder and awe? Well then why do you let me zip through the atmosphere of a planet instantly right into a fucking asteroid field.

Shit sucks.
>>
>All I want to do is get high and look at pretty space views
>Game is just pretty space views

Perfect
>>
>>345037016
more confirmation that the game is shit unless masked behind six layers of marketing and bullshit
>>
Isn't there no centre of the universe
>>
>>345036419

> take you to the center of universe in a short amount of time
Define "short." From what they've said I'm betting its on the upper end of "average" playtime (25-30 hours). So a long time, not impossible to reach. I don't know for sure though, no one but the devs know right now.

>if there is actual multiplayer then there's not doubt everyone will meet up
There is no indicator of other people's location besides your "friends." You would have to travel to their planet, then find them on that planet, not an easy thing to do with no ability to make permanent landmarks. And again, I'm betting that would take something on the order of a few dozen hours of game time at least. Not impossible, but not easy.
>>
no. it's just 2016s minecraft. mark my words
>>
File: 124.png (33 KB, 634x98) Image search: [Google]
124.png
33 KB, 634x98
>>345033875
I don't think so
>>
>pay $60 to explore procedurally generated environments with a shitty survival system slapped on top and just about no interesting interaction possible

yeah nah no thanks, you literally just load up the game, look at a couple different recoloured plants/animals for 30 minutes before being bored as fuck and leaving

what an awful game
>>
>>345037870
get this man a call of duty
>>
>>345037870
i bet this guy can also see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch
>>
>>345037569

>Define "short.

in a universe as big as they are making it out to be where you probably will never meet another player, 25-30 hours is incredibly short

>you would have to travel to their planet, then find them on that planet, not an easy thing to do

give me a ship that can get my to the center of universe in 25-30 hours and I'll find you in a reasonable amount of time with no computer assisted navigation

or better yet, just meet me at the center of the universe and once we map the area in our insanely fast ships we can figure out which planet to meet at

you know what a north and south pole is right? if we can't find each other it will because the multiplayer is a lie
>>
IS THERE FUCKING MULTIPLAYER IN THIS GAME OR NOT

IF I AM IN THE VICINITY OF ANOTHER PERSON AM I GOING TO SEE THEM

THE FACT THAT NOBODY CAN GIVE A STRAIGHT ANSWER MAKES THIS GAME FUCKING AWFUL

GET THIS SHITTY GAME OUT OF MY /V/

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>345038203
There's no multiplayer, go back to your Halo or some shitty FPS like that
>>
File: Hotel Mario10.jpg (17 KB, 463x331) Image search: [Google]
Hotel Mario10.jpg
17 KB, 463x331
>>345022884
NO

Only COME can PLEEEEASE Ganon
>>
>>345038296
>he wants to pay $60 for a program to procedurally generate a series of recoloured environments that he can explore for 30 minutes before getting bored
oh my, a cuck
>>
File: 4234256.png (109 KB, 350x188) Image search: [Google]
4234256.png
109 KB, 350x188
>>345037816

>only 124 hours

You are like a tiny new player. Watch this.

SUCC
>>
File: 1467796987195.gif (50 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1467796987195.gif
50 KB, 200x200
>>345038203
>>345038296
Faggot dev said recently you "could" if they were near you but there would be no indication if you were meeting another player.
>>
I predict they delay it the day before release for another 3 monthes
>>
>>345038203
>IF I AM IN THE VICINITY OF ANOTHER PERSON AM I GOING TO SEE THEM
Yes. They've been pretty clear about that.

>>345038492
I can understand not wanting to spend $60 on it since it's not going to be as full featured a game as say a GTA or a COD or something. I don't even have a PS4 so I will either see if my mac can run it and pirate it, or wait until I possibly get a PS4 and then get it second hand for like £15
>>
>>345038203

The official answer is "if you're standing next to someone you'll see them"

They just will give you 0 indicator that its another player. Players apparently look different from AI, but you won't get a name or anything. Same with their ship.
>>
>>345038639

>a game like this should have been early access for $20
>>
>>345038683
Why not just windows on your mac?
>>
File: weuuuuh.jpg (39 KB, 519x589) Image search: [Google]
weuuuuh.jpg
39 KB, 519x589
>mfw all i'm looking for is a comfy space game where I can fly around in a space ship and explore planets
>mfw I don't even give a shit about the trade routes or if there's not much to do
>mfw the negativity does not affect me
>>
>>345038921
>yfw you waste $60 on the worst game of the year
nice one
>>
>30fps on Ps4

Blunder of the century.
>>
>>345039023
>playing shootera on consoles
>>
>>345038579
>>345038719
Correct answers

>>345038816
That's what I mean, if my mac is capable of running it then I'll run it on Windows on here

This thing has onboard graphics though so I highly, highly doubt it will work
>>
File: 1468201814951.gif (972 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1468201814951.gif
972 KB, 300x225
>>345039018
>mfw I wasted 60 on the worst goty
>>
>>345027958
It's singleplayer. The lead dev is just incredibly hesitant to directly say that because he knows people won't buy it due to that fact. Instead he says shit like

>Well, everyone is in the same universe, so technically you can be at the same place as someone else
>>
File: urafag.jpg (58 KB, 582x444) Image search: [Google]
urafag.jpg
58 KB, 582x444
>>345038038
>>
>>345039348

No they've specifically said if you stand next to someone you can see them.

Whether you can interact with them in any meaningful way is entirely separate.
>>
>>345039348
Exactly. Why do people think the game is 6GB? Your world is procedurally generated. It's not everyone else's world.
>>
>>345039830
>No they've specifically said

So Dark Souls phantom system. If we only view it from that context, then it is still 100% single player.

>>345039872
That has nothing to do with it. The game is 6GB because it's using a basic seed system.
>>
>>345040098
>6GB
Yeah whatever you silly cuck
Keep eating the shit you're fed
>>
>>345040170
>Calling out the developer on lying about multiplayer aspect
>Y-you cuck!

Are you a retard or something?
>>
I'm looking forward to it but I'm a little concerned about how it will play. The shooting both on the ground and in the air looks kinda janky. Like they spent more time working on the planets themselves than what you'll do on them.
>>
>>345040327

why walk more than 50 yards if you can just fly
>>
File: 1459461365410.jpg (4 KB, 182x252) Image search: [Google]
1459461365410.jpg
4 KB, 182x252
>Like they spent more time working on the planets themselves than what you'll do on them.

>"I like how they made an exploration game with no substance."
>>
>>345040230
>acts like a retard
>y-y-y-you're a retard!
>it was just a prank bro
>6GB
>no multiplayer
>>
>>345040606

meant for

>>345040327
>>
File: really.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>345040643
>>
I think the first 2 weeks the game will WOW and OOOOO AAAHHH everyone. But after about a month or two... people will realize it's pretty much just planet hopping. That novelty will wear off very quickly, people will want something more in depth with customization. People will also demand multiplayer meetups with friends and random folks. Why can't we have space battles with real people? Sean Murray is so fixated on this autistic lonely exploration game, he probably hates socializing which explains his core design philosophy.
>>
>>345040848

Yeah I feel the same way, unless there's some hidden depth to it that we haven't seen I just think the gimmick of having tons of generated planets to explore will lose it's novelty fast. If it was something like Spore space stage done right I'd be on board, but that doesn't really seem to be the case.
>>
>>345041309

oh it's going to be like spore, anon and not in any sort of good way
>>
>>345041309
When the devs are saying "Its gonna be great trust us, we cant tell you why ;)" It throws up a lot of red flags
>>
>>345038548
>last played 5/23/2016

update with today's date, you screencap stealing POS
>>
>>345041414
there were good aspects to spore?
>>
>>345041414

Yeah that's the general feel I've gotten from it.

>>345041452

Yeah, concrete information on the game seems sparse and that's definitely concerning. I mean what's there to do in the game that won't make it get tiring after you visit a dozen planets.
>>
>>345022884

Excited for the incoming 7/10 review?

Yeah, pretty excited to see how butthurt /v/ gets over it.
>>
>NMS thread #4
>Pokemon GO thread #6
>NES "30 games in one for 60$, and buy some more shit later to shove in that deliberately undersized cartridge slot later" console thread #2

Why is /v/ just an advert-shitpost board now? It wasn't even this bad during the Borderlands or Bloodborn purgatories. How has it gotten this bad?
>>
>>345041597

It had a pretty fun creation system, even better with mods and such. Everything else about it was incredibly lackluster and shallow though.
>>
>>345041597

in spore you could create dildo aliens for other players to see

in nu-man's beard you won't be able to see that penis sculpture, but you can name the planet big penis land, but the likelihood that someone else will encounter your planet are astronomically low, unless the devs are lying their asses off
>>
>>345039348
>>345039872
>>345040170
>>345040643
The guy you're talking to is right on two counts:

1) If you stand next to someone you WILL see them, they've said this many times

2) You ARE in the same universe as everybody else (otherwise the first point wouldn't be possible)
>>
>>345041770
>people on the video games board want to talk about video games

HOLD THE PRESS
>>
>>345040763
>>345041976
t. (you)
>>
File: you.jpg (13 KB, 346x99) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
13 KB, 346x99
>>345042068
Here's your (you)
>>
>>345041976

if your ship can get you to the center of the universe in the time it takes to finish most AAA games then you should be able to meetup with your friends if you're not total retards
>>
>>345042058
>I need multiple 500 post limit threads to discuss my underage hype-bait and buy-to-play roms that could be run on an old IBM

But why?
>>
>>345042136
>>345041976
>>345040763
cucks, please bring your attention to the top right
>>
>>345038548
Different game
>>
>>345042278
>$60
>>
>>345042278
Holy shit nigger, you're a complete retard. This, >>345039348 this right here is me. I'm the fucker calling the game single player only.

Where are the fucking mods to remove your retard ass.
>>
>>345042467
>being this retarded
well now you must just be baiting
>>
>>345042467
kys
>>
>>345042554
>>345042653
>>
>>345042467
reeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>345042368
>but we spent ages writing an engine that procedurally generates shit at random!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>345042140
Basically yes

>>345042278
What's your point? That doesn't disprove anything I said

There are no multiplayer modes in this game but you can still see other people if you run into them, and you can see your friends on the galactic map as well
>>
>>345042834
if you are on single player
you are not going to run into your friends
this game is not multiplayer
lads
please
>>345042798
>>345042713
>>345042467
>>345042136
>>
>>345042967
>>
>>345043084
tsundere
*blushes*
>>
I'm excited
>>
>>345042967
If you're connected to the internet, you will see them on your galactic map, and you will be able to see them IF you get to where they are (which will take a lot of effort because you can't just warp there)
>>
>>345043428
this is a meme
>>
File: 1467311172062.jpg (41 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
1467311172062.jpg
41 KB, 780x585
Defense force is out in full today huh? Can't wait for people to get this, get bored within a few weeks and move on.
>>
>>345022884
>someone finally makes noctis v
>normies swarm all over it
why
>>
>>345043428

that's the thing though, the dev says you may likely never meet another player, but then there's warp drive or hyper drive and you will be able to reach the center of the universe

if you can reach the center of the universe in 30-40 hours(average game) then you should be able to find your friends easily

you may not give a shit about the game by then, but still

or the dev is just lying
>>
>>345043626
> Can't wait for people to get this, get bored within a few weeks and move on.

that sounds like a pretty dull existence for you
>>
Okay, so if you CAN doesn't sound like you can, just lies from lead dev for people to buy his shitty game find your friends in this game, why are we just accepting the fact that you CAN'T interact with them, or even differentiate them from an NPC.

Sounds like a half-assed pile of shit to me.
>>
>>345043598
Well it's true, look it up

>>345043775
>if you can reach the center of the universe in 30-40 hours(average game) then you should be able to find your friends easily
Well if you consider that "easy" then yes you're right it will be easy. But some players might expect to be able to warp to their friends which you won't be able to do.

And bear in mind that the galactic map might only show you which planet they're on, but not where on that planet they are. And since planets are the size of real planets, that's hard. Imagine knowing that your friend is on Earth but not having any indication of where on Earth they are. Finding them is going to be hard.
>>
>>345044113
>why are we just accepting the fact that you CAN'T interact with them, or even differentiate them from an NPC.
Because Sean Murray said you can't. You'll just be able to see their player model moving around and that's it. And there won't be a floating name above their head or anything.
>>
File: 7564745684567867.jpg (46 KB, 503x418) Image search: [Google]
7564745684567867.jpg
46 KB, 503x418
>>345044119

meet me at the north pole on the highest mountain
>>
File: 1465445406353.jpg (31 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
1465445406353.jpg
31 KB, 640x356
>>345043983
Keep justifying that purchase my man.
>>
>>345044340
>game is lacking significant features because of laziness
>he says you can't so you can't
>sucking dick this hard over a shitty game
wow so this is the power of shilling
>>
File: anime.jpg (180 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
180 KB, 1280x960
>you won't get an indicator on whether or not a ship/character is a player or NPC

Am I the only one who's not actually too bothered by this? This game is probably gonna be just spore 2.0 and will be mostly shit but that's sort of unique imho. It adds a bit of mystery to the game I guess, though I know nobody will agree with me on this.
>>
>>345044113
it's 100% a lie. they say "technically you CAN" to so many questions, following up with "the chance is just so small". you can make a completely single player game and say there's multiplayer too, but only 1/1,000,000,000 people will experience it ever, but it's definitely totally there! how are you going to prove otherwise?
>>
>>345044510
Well I doubt he would say you can't if you actually can. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us
>>
>>345044570

i'm questioning that the game is even multiplayer in any aspect, i'm betting they are lying just to get more purchases and that the only multiplayer aspect is that other player's can see your named planets/animals on there client
>>
>>345044570
I agree with you, that's the point of it, they want it to feel authentic that you're some lone explorer in space
>>
>>345044662

that's why people are screaming buyer beware

wait for suckers to buy it and see if it's worth the $60
>>
>>345044781
>they want it to feel authentic that you're some lone explorer in space
But, if there are NPC's and other players then you're not a lone explorer.
>>
NEW TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVmI73va4g
>>
>>345044986

totally not vague at all, but it looks pretty and that's the audience they're targeting
>>
>>345044956
Reminds me of ED's bullshit

>The developers want you to feel insignificant in the universe!
>Despite there being nothing to make you feel insignificant because everything is empty
>>
>>345045158
Maybe the game is just exploring world after world.

But that of itself sounds relaxing, something to do before bed. Maybe smoke a little weed and just sort of doze off into the universe.
>>
>>345044570
the only indicator of any sense of multiplayer is if people name planets LePlaneteatshit
>>
File: 1468406019565.png (11 KB, 402x383) Image search: [Google]
1468406019565.png
11 KB, 402x383
>>345045158
As I said before about this trailer, it doesn't say or show anything substantive and its just a fucking waste of time watching it as you'll learn nothing about it. Yeah, it has different environments and you can ride a ship and maybe do some interaction.

That's all superfluous bullshit and this trailer is incredibly safe in that its vague enough to entice and vague enough to string along the skeptical until its the game is out and they're still considered customers.

This will just be another Starbound or Spore or Simcity or whatever stupid upsetting disappointing game out there. The fact that it just shoves "15 quintillion" without any context or build-up right into your face says a lot about what they're trying to do and what they have done with their development time. Either that or they're completely retarded and don't know how to make a trailer.
>>
>>345044781
Authentic space is empty and boring and full of death and radiation.
>>
>>345046147

well if you had fantasy scifi hyper drive you could skip all the boring shit and see new worlds that have interest
>>
>>345046479
If I had that, that would be the beginning of space war as everyone will colonize the closest earth-like planet.
>>
File: replicator.gif (38 KB, 400x282) Image search: [Google]
replicator.gif
38 KB, 400x282
finally Stargate: the game

the universe has been taken over by these fucks and its time to wipe them out.
>>
>>345046573

nah, people could live anywhere and with that kind of tech they could just live in motherships
>>
>>345046742
>finally Stargate: the game
wont be as cool as the show
>>
File: 1468537231519.png (604 KB, 1240x1118) Image search: [Google]
1468537231519.png
604 KB, 1240x1118
>>345045608
Thats what I plan on doing. Smoke some, slap on some decent headphones, play nujabes in the background and explore the universe.
>>
File: 1462900314020.jpg (282 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1462900314020.jpg
282 KB, 1024x640
>>345022884
>exploration based game that is almost entirely randomly generated
>>
File: 1468035876829.jpg (20 KB, 439x435) Image search: [Google]
1468035876829.jpg
20 KB, 439x435
>>345028597
> Reddit
Fuck off ledditor
>>
>>345022884
Fuck off, shill.
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.