[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon's Dogma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: dragons-dogma-dark-arisen.jpg (131 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
dragons-dogma-dark-arisen.jpg
131 KB, 800x450
what do you guys want from Dragon's Dogma 2? also, general.
>>
Random spawns and more enemies.
Extreme weather sometimes.
More towns.
>>
>>345009606
better overworld
bit more enemy variety in the maingame, BBI did it very well
better main story that doesn't kill itself halfway through
make the mage useful
More of a souls-like weapon finding system, not in terms of combat, but instead of how weapons are found in the game world, some could be found off enemies, a couple could be bought, most of them can be found by exploring the game world and finding them in dungeons, get a select few from completing quests, etc. Also like souls, every weapon would have it's advantages and disadvantages, and you could beat the game with a standard straight sword if you upgraded it enough
I just didn't like that MASTERWORKS ALLS shop wasn't really a weapon shop and more of a place to get a straight upgrade of your weapon.
>>
I really liked the character customization from DD, but I feel like a lot of it could be improved with in depth sliders like black desert online.
>>
>>345009606
smaller world with less empty filler
more dungeons
more enemies, specifically trash mobs
more towns/hubs
a leveling system that doesn't tickle my autism for min-maxing
>>
>>345010156
>Extreme weather sometimes.
This
>More towns.
This
>bit more enemy variety in the maingame, BBI did it very well
This
>More of a souls-like weapon finding system, not in terms of combat, but instead of how weapons are found in the game world, some could be found off enemies, a couple could be bought, most of them can be found by exploring the game world and finding them in dungeons, get a select few from completing quests, etc. Also like souls, every weapon would have it's advantages and disadvantages, and you could beat the game with a standard straight sword if you upgraded it enough
This x100, also different weapons have slightly different movesets for the same attack, bringing more variety and another reason to stick with a weapon

Also make climbing less wonky.
Add dash of bloodborne as a dodge for warriorlike classes
Give some ranged option for Warriors, like crossbows or something
Jrock in the title screen

For pawns:
-Programable gestures
-More options in general, hairs, clothes, etc
-A vanity slot for equipment
>>
More towns, more TECHNOLOGY and having control over my stats.
>>
>>345009606

>what do you guys want from Dragon's Dogma 2

I want it to exist
>>
More Dangan
More pawn options
More cute and sexy clothes/armour
Bigger, more magical Magick Shields
The Moon.
>>
>>345011693
>This x100, also different weapons have slightly different movesets for the same attack, bringing more variety and another reason to stick with a weapon
I think that would be a bit hard to balance properly. I think that some weapons would excel at doing a certain ability, and would give it a different animation like the rings do in BBI, but it might reduce the damage/not even capable of doing a different ability. It could also do that 2 for 2 in the same weapon, or have ability damage reduced but on the plus side more base damage/range
>>
>>345009606
I want it to be a Berserk game, for starters. Or at least set within Berserk world.
I want Apostles.
I want obligatory Zodd boss fight.
>>
File: 1393210026291.gif (914 KB, 352x145) Image search: [Google]
1393210026291.gif
914 KB, 352x145
ITT thing you will NEVER EVER HAVE because Japan bought into DD more then the west and DDO is gonna be around for the next 10 years
>>
Take a cue from DD Online and replace heavy attack with a skill on their weapons.
>>
File: 1431219905955.png (96 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1431219905955.png
96 KB, 400x400
>>345009606

That sick ass Alchemist vocation from DDO.

>tfw too lazy to get DDO set up and working
>>
File: 1453419000572.jpg (55 KB, 349x430) Image search: [Google]
1453419000572.jpg
55 KB, 349x430
>>345012339
This. It gets even worse when some of the new stuff for DDO like the alchemist look really fun.
>>
>>345009606
More bosses/enemy variety
More weapon/moveset variety
More options for avoiding damage (i.e dodges/rolls)
>>
>>345013196
>More options for avoiding damage (i.e dodges/rolls)
Every dagger class can already to that, though.
>>
>>345010819
>every weapon would have it's advantages and disadvantages
This is important. Nothing ruins fashion like strictly tiered weapons and armor.
>>
>>345013196
>>345013472

Dagger classes are fine. Give Warriors a weapon block or hyperarmor with a damage reduction and give magic vocations blink or energy shield or something.
>>
>>345012508
I was wondering why people think a berserk game should model itself of dragons dogma wouldn't a souls style game set in a larger world with more NPCs be more appropriate.
>>
>Larger overworld
>More cities
>Longer dungeons (they had the right ideas but were far too short in DD)
>Long term endgame content

Worst part of the game is getting attached to the pawn system and then realizing you have nothing left to do, feels bad.
>>
>>345011693
>Add crossbows for warriors

jesus anon, the game is already berserk
>>
>>345014181
Berserk is more fantastical in its battles with huge monsters though. Not saying big bosses in Souls are boring, far from it, but Dogma probably closer to capturing intense spectacle battles without going full anime.
>>
SPEARS
FIST WEAPONS
THROWING KNIFE CLASS SKILL
TRICKSTER STYLE
ROYAL GAURD
CROSSBOWS
BLINK
GRAPPLES
SHADOW CLONES
BACKFLIPS
FOREST SPIRITS
DEMONS
GIANT CRABS
GIANT RIDABLE EAGLES
RIDABLE HORSES
FLAMMABLE GRASS
SHIPS
ISLANDS
SECRET ONE ON ONE DUELS
RESCUE QUESTS
RANDOM EVENTS
>>
>>345009606
Better breasts slider. Can't make the girls flat in that game. NO EXCUSE when you can do it with Senran Kagura through simple modding.
>>
>>345014938

you could make them flat though. what you couldn't really do was make an oppai loli.
>>
>>345009606
MONKS
PLAYABLE DRAGON PEOPLE
BIGGER MONSTERS
THE BIGGEST MONSTERS
PSYCHIC SWORD WIZARDS
THE CRUCIBLE
>>
>>345015331
>wanting fist weapons in a game about killing huge monsters

bad taste
>>
>>345015313
No you can't. They will always have small boobs.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 662x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 662x1000
>>345014892
>SPEARS

Well at least DDOnline got you there
>>
>>345015662
ITS NOT FAIR

WHY IS IT EXCLUSIVE
>>
>>345015550
>these other classes can do wacky anime attacks
>oh and there are wizards and shit too
>but punching things is just unrealistic against real life ogres :^)
Bait 2 Obv bruh
Liberal urself back2 pol//
>>
>>345015550
is u retarded senpai? On a more serious note imagine plucking the eye out of a cyclopes with your hand. They should really add fists.
>>
>>345015801
>wanting to be a monk in DD
>calling other people dumb
>>
>>345009606
More cities. Better waifus. Better story.
>>
>>345016091
>wanting to fist fight a cyclops is dumb
okay man
>>
I just saw some Dragons Dogma online gameplay and I have to say that game looks fun as hell. Why isn't this brought over to North America?
>>
>>345013896
> or hyperarmor with a damage reduction

They do have augments for that.
>>
>>345016091
>gaurd point
>reversal
>kick a fucking goblin against a tree with with a crane kick

Fuck you monks are awesome
>>
>>345009606
a more polished gameplay and a better quest system
>>
File: 1434661403445.jpg (39 KB, 636x651) Image search: [Google]
1434661403445.jpg
39 KB, 636x651
>mfw Capcom is withholding DDO from the west and refusing top make DD2 for literally no reason
Is there a worse company in existence?
>>
>>345012815
i always felt like heavy attack are useless sometimes
>>
>>345016667
because the west wrote off DD as a skyrim clone
>>
>>345016667
Konami
>>
I want it to exist.
I want the story to be more over the top, with cheesy voice acting, like those japanese VA doing english voices
I want classes to be not changeable but all of them being complete, adding replay value
Fighter has sword, shield and crossbow
Strider has shortbow and daggers
Mage has staff
Warrior has greatsword, warhammers and repeating crossbows
Ranger has longbow and spear
Sorcerer has archistaff
MK has swords, maces and magick shields
Assasin has katars, swords, daggers, shields, throwing knifes and bombs
MA has magick bow
>>
>>345011086
DDO has them
>>
let warrior have 6 skills, or let players have more skins in general
>>
Give warrior crossbows and throwing knifes
>>
>>345009606
Beast tamer class.
>>
>>345016667
>literally no reason
stupid gaijin should have supported DD when they had the chance
>>
>>345015731
anon, you can play it, it's not that hard!
>>
Monk vocation so I can charge an ability for 20 seconds and then German suplex a Cyclops.
>>
File: 20160712220429_1.jpg (244 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160712220429_1.jpg
244 KB, 1600x900
>>345009606

>More classes (especially a monk class)
Alchemist from DDO also seems pretty cool

>More balance between the classes
Red vocations are very strong early on, but get completely outscaled by every other vocation late game, to the point where they're near useless.

>Bigger map and more quests
Pretty straightforward. It's far too easy to complete all the content in the game, because there's so little of it once you complete the short main story and BBI.

Honestly, it would be great if DDO was localized.
>>
Making pawn AI not copy everything I do.

My Sorcerer does not have to go melee just because I do you know.
>>
>>345016832
You'd love it.

Daggers have Hundred Kisses by default. Sword has Guardbreak. Bow has exploding that you set off.

Greatswords has Indomitable Lash that can get stronger when you fill a meter up by taking damage in super armor.

Feels pretty great.
>>
>>345019470
Honestly a damage boost on attacks for the warrior besides the Arcs would fix at least that one
>>
>>345021708

Warriors already do plenty of damage. Their main problem late game are the enemies with bullshit levels of resistance to physical damage, their lack of range, and their reliance on stagger.
>>
>>345022047
>The suped up hydras in the Everfall
>Trying to kill them with a warrior with a pawn that just fucking refuses to buff my sword with fire
>Head won't sit still long enough to get an Arc off
>Climbing doesn't work because I have to hop off every ten seconds to bring back my retarded pawns
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.