[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys, i just bought a ps4, its my first console i own since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: PS4[1].jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PS4[1].jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
hey guys, i just bought a ps4, its my first console i own since the original NES

im looking to buy a couple games online and thought i could get some older ps4 games for cheap from some key selling sites.

i even found some good deals but theres something i never encountered before: after buying this GOTY edition of destiny i will be sent account info im supposed to log in with, then download the game, log out and sign in with my personal account again and done. i will own the game then.

i dont get it, is this some scam shit or is this normal on ps4 key sites?
>>
also: where do you guys buy your ps4 games at?
>>
help
>>
>>345007572
Amazon
>>
So on a PS4 you have a Primary account. If you buy anything on that Primary account (PSPlus, digital games, movies), then all of the accounts on the console have access to that content. It sounds like this website wants you to add the account, make it the primary account on the console, then as the account will have the game, so will your account. I'm not 100% sure on that, but it sounds like that's what it wants you to do.

I buy my games from Amazon though, it's probably best to do it like that.
>>
>>345008993
but do i even get to keep the game then? like if i delete it in a year for whatever reason, can i still access the game again? does anyone know?
>>
>>345007169
>i will be sent account info im supposed to log in with, then download the game, log out and sign in with my personal account again and done. i will own the game then.
Don't fuck with that shit, if they're not giving you a key it is a violation of the terms of service and there's nothing stopping them from deactivating the game from your PS4 at a later time if they still have access to the account.

Would you pay someone to have them share their steam library with you using family share? I certainly hope not.
>>
>>345009193
>Would you pay someone to have them share their steam library with you using family share?
nopeeeeeeeee
>>
File: Key Sellers.jpg (135 KB, 1688x1125) Image search: [Google]
Key Sellers.jpg
135 KB, 1688x1125
>>345007169
Are you fucking retarded? Even GoG is known for questionable practices. NEVER allow a company to have your credit card information if you do not trust them.
>>
>>345009618
Good

If you're buying an actual key redeemable on the PS Store it doesn't matter where it comes from as long as it's valid. The seller cannot rescind it once you've activated it and Sony doesn't give a fuck where it came from as long as it's from the right region. Gamesharing with someone you don't know personally is very risky, and I certainly would never advise giving money for it. The original account holder could change their password and have all systems previously activated deactivated. The account that site is giving could be stolen anyway, which if reported might result in your system getting banned.
>>
>>345010346
can i buy a used copy of destiny and still play online? i assume you have to activate the game once and when you sell it its used and thats it, cant play online no more?
>>
>>345010882
You can, physical games like Destiny do not have to be activated to be used online. As long as you have the disc, and the servers are up, it will work.

If you're going to play Destiny though (I personally hated it), you pretty much need to buy the Taken King edition. Activision is shit and has disabled half of the features of the vanilla release from 2 years ago.

With the PS4 Sony ended the practice of online passes. Some games might come with a download code for extra maps or DLC but they are not allowed to come with online passes anymore.
>>
>>345011104
oh damn, alright cool, i thought you redeem the cd key or whatever and then sell the game, fool some idiots with it

thanks for the info friend
>>
>>345011234
actually scratch that, looks like I might be wrong about Taken King. Sounds like Activision somehow got extra jewish with the DLC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3mcwyc/dont_buy_a_used_copy_of_destiny_the_taken_king/

I own only the regular 2014 edition which did not need to be activated. I'd stay away from the game honestly.

I own like 30 other games on PS4 though and none of them require a key to be activated if it's a disc copy.
>>
>>345011826
okay ill make sure to buy a sealed copy, thanks for your effort , thats very nice!

i just bought killzone for 10 and infamous for another 10 bucks, since those are singleplayer i should be fine!
>>
>>345011984
I own both of those, my copy of Infamous was apparently a "special edition" but was a normal priced copy. Only codes that came with it were for some paper chase DLC and cole's legacy DLC. Paper chase blew because it required to you to figure out puzzles by going to a shitty website. Cole's legacy was pointless shit and you aren't missing anything.

Killzone doesn't have any activation at all for online. Single player campaign isn't great but it's not bad really and has some pretty nice graphics for a launch title.
>>
>>345012347
okay cool, i know both games are regarded as average but i just wanted to try out some exclusives :)
>>
>>345007169
>after buying this GOTY edition of destiny i will be sent account info im supposed to log in with, then download the game, log out and sign in with my personal account again and done

yea no thats a "scam"

i mean its not like you're losing money, but you're not buying the game.

sony allows you to install games on like 4 consoles i think.

you're basically giving money to some kid to borrow his account.

This technically violates the sony TOS selling "downloads" like that.
>>
File: KNACK™_20150930220132.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KNACK™_20150930220132.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>345012510
They're definitely not system sellers but I think people were actually a little too hard on Killzone given it was a launch title.

If you're looking for other exclusives I'd recommend Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, Ratchet & Clank (2016), LBP3, and maybe even Knack if you can find it for really cheap as it has some interesting use of GPU accelerated physics and is a decent looking game overall.

>>345012762
>sony allows you to install games on like 4 consoles i think.
That was with the PS3, and they eventually reduced it to 2. PS4 games can only be activated on 1 PS4. You can play your library on an unactivated PS4 but it requires you to be connected to PSN.
>>
>>345013282
>LBP3
arent they turning off all servers for every single LBP game soon?
>>
>>345013282
>PS4 games can only be activated on 1 PS4.

WOOOOOOOOOW

>You can play your library on an unactivated PS4 but it requires you to be connected to PSN.

oh ok, that explains why i can play my games on my dads ps4

at least its a lot more "streamlined" this time around, never even noticed they dropped the limits.
>>
>>345013282
>buy Knack, he said.
I don't think I ever seen a moron this big.
>>
>>345013594
>arent they turning off all servers for every single LBP game soon?
only in Japan, and LBP3 can be found for $10 now
>>
>>345013778
it has 2 player and it's dirt fucking cheap now. I'm not saying it's a great game or worth more than $12 but it's sort of an interesting curiosity

Have you even played it?
>>
>>345008993
Every account must be primary to access each other's content.
>>345009123
Yes, if download is still available.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.