[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been hearing a lot about Path of Exile, Apparently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12
File: diablo2andPoE.png (337 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
diablo2andPoE.png
337 KB, 640x400
I've been hearing a lot about Path of Exile, Apparently it's closer to Diablo2 than Diablo3 was. I could Purtorrentse Diablo 2 or Try Path of Exile, I've played D2 for awhile and Never touched Path, what would you recommend ?
>>
>>345001880
I started playing PoE last weekend and I'm hooked. It's fun, got tons of shit to do, a nice trading community, etc.
It's free so just give it a go. The first hour can be fucking boring as hell if you're not familiar with ARPGs though.
>>
PoE is definitely the game you want to play if you liked D2. Insane number of builds you can play and leagues keep it fresh.
>>
Diablo 3 has become a lot better with the expansion, though I wouldn't blame you if you don't want to give Blizzard your hard earned money
>>
PoE is free to play, so just go try it out. Literally no downside.
>>
>>345001880
I prefer Grim Dawn.
>>
Early game is slow and sometimes tedious. Mid game is pretty fantastic. End game is impossible for 99.99% of players. I gave up after I noticed that my build could not survive the first side quest on the hardest difficulty. I'll just be happy for those who ever get to see the true final boss.
>>
>>345002759
if you know how to level you can be lvl 40 in an hour or two/three depending on wether you have a party or not. It's even faster if you have leveling gear, which you normally buy anyways for a couple of alch orbs or fuse orbs.
>>
>>345002759
I can somewhat confirm this. I have around 370 hours in PoE right now and still haven't even done normal Atziri yet. Though to be fair I keep making new characters, play solo and don't trade.
>>
>>345002981

The last time I played was a year ago, and back then it didn't take "3 hours" to get to 40. It took 3 weeks. And I think it's misleading to say that you could do it in a few hours using leveling gear because you'd still be spending weeks getting the currency and randomly being able to buy leveling gear.
>>
great game that you can easily sink several hundred hours into. the gameplay is deep, and once you understand how to build a character, creating a build that works well is pretty satisfying.
>>
I played it about a year and a half ago, maybe two years, can't remember. I had a lot of fun with it, it just got really grindy at the end and I seriously fucked my character up with his skills. I don't know what the game is like today.
>>
>>345002192

I agree that D3 now is miles away from what was D3 at release, but PoE is still better / less casualish than D3.
>>
>>345001880
Play path then decide if you are the kind of faggot that likes long term guaranteed progression of one skill or the random progression of skills via gem drops

not that gems are rare, path pulls off d3's idea of skills better than D3 did and remain more loyal to the d2 style of play imo
>>
File: 1465886796357.png (457 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1465886796357.png
457 KB, 792x792
>>345001880

PATH OF EXILE IS A BAD GAME DON'T PLAY IT EVER.
>>
>>345001880
Path is a beast of a game. there is so much to it it's hard to just pick it up and play to end game without fucking something up. I would start out blind and just play though casually before looking up any builds but understand that your build will most likely be shit and your first guy will be a character you use to learn about the game. with that being said i have about 2.1k hours in it and i have yet to play all the skill there are which speaks to how much shit there is in the game. also if you do try out the game stay away form /poeg/
>>
File: 1465837925161.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465837925161.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
Seriously POE is shit and is too reliant on RNG and retarded cookie cutter builds where you spam spark and gay shit like that.

Skill gems are the most retarded system ever and having to rely on RNG to get items with slots is absolute cancer. The passive tree adds nothing to the game and has no depth at all despite the time investment you have to put in to minmax that gay shit. It's basically a minmax spreadsheet for autists.

Look at ANY fucking high level build on youtube. It's literally just spamming one skill over and over again. Yeah thats what D2 was like but that shit came out in 2001 and still did it a hundred times better. Nothing was learned and everything that is different is retarded as fuck design. Then these faggot devs go false flagging this as a "d2 fans" game. Get cancer.
>>
>>345005645
You shouldn't post anime pictures when you're trying to post something serious. I'm having a hard time to take a single word you said seriously because of it. Just saying.
>>
>>345005645
>retarded retarded retarded
kys
>>
>>345005645
>make subtitles to translate the dialogue
>leave random words untranslated for no good reason
>>
File: 1465232280396.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1465232280396.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>345005645
>>
File: 1468304411881.png (50 KB, 282x424) Image search: [Google]
1468304411881.png
50 KB, 282x424
>>345006676
Who cares? Just letting off steam. In the end OP or you might play poe and decide if he likes it or not. I don't understand how anyone can though. What a disappointment.

anyways, thanks for all the (you)'s guys.
>>
>>345007680

Seeing every little high res detail of that guys face almost made me vomit.
>>
path of exile is shit unless you think grinding for currency is what ARPGS are supposed to be. every build is the same haha shields and inverted and i spam one button and clean a map much fun such skill

go play grim dawn you plebs
>>
Grim Dawn.
>>
Diablo II is sure a gem, but if you want to play PoE, start right now.
Always play on temp leagues. People complain about RNG, but you can circumvent it: you can buy EVERYTHING on poe.trade. And it's not so bad on temp leagues, because economy is fresh, therefore droprate is rigged in your favor.
Why start now? Because, it's a sinking ship. Devs don't balance the game, add too few content, power creep is real. Game becomes too easy. And they seem to have problems with monetization. Right now, the only good thing to buy is a premium stash tab. For general trading, you need only one. Once small playerbase buys them, devs will have no money left.
>>
>>345001880
Go PoE
>>
>>345008223
Following other builds to the letter is the most unfun way to play the game. I've got Reach on my first try, and I really like ZiggyD AssReacher - but I don't want to roll it, because it was not me who came up with the idea.
Finding out OP stuff by yourself is so much more fun. For example, I'm experimenting with Vortex trap build - great aoe and DoT component - but one major downside: it lags the game heavily.
>>
File: tq.jpg (47 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tq.jpg
47 KB, 460x215
>>345001880
>what would you recommend ?
Play Titan Quest

I don't really like PoE and never got really into it

Torchlight 2 is neat too
>>
I've been playing PoE for 3 years now (with several months gaps here and there) and is still fun coming back, finding out what's new and rolling some new character in a current league. Never played cookie cutter builds, hence never gotten to 100 level but as the game's designed you do need to be that high to tackle what game offers. Some of my builds sucked (mostly early ones) some did pretty well without being FOTM. Current one is centered around Iron Commander bow that allows me to call several siege ballistas (rule of thumb that you can only summon one totem) for every 200 dexterity I have. Turned out to be fun at all game stages, early, mid and endgame. 86 level and going up strong, got a bunch of things to do still.

The game's all about knowledge, an experienced player can level to endgame in a matter of hours while novices would need several weeks for that and that is alright since the game offers pleasant experience both when you're new or a veteran. Don't rely on others' builds and guides, try to figure things by yourself. Yes, you will suck at first and do so a lot. You will reroll characters multiple times but that is what the game is about. Don't ruin your experience.

That said, game fucking rocks even though it has its issues. Go try it out, not like you lose anything but time.
>>
File: Rock_bottom.png (497 KB, 769x515) Image search: [Google]
Rock_bottom.png
497 KB, 769x515
>>345001880
Ah yes, PoE

This fucking game got me hocked for 3 years. Almost no other games at all. 3 years since closed beta and never did i run out of stuff i wanted to do, builds to play, new goals to set, uniques to acquire.

And every time you think you've done it all, GGG comes around with a new patch that changes the game totally. I don't regret a second
>>
>>345010010

The only game i'm paying for cosmetics, because fuck me if they don't deserve it.
>>
>>345003640
>The last time I played was a year ago, and back then it didn't take "3 hours" to get to 40. It took 3 weeks.

what? No, no no. Are you talking 3 years ago or something? A year ago you could hit 40 in 3 to 4 hours easily
>>
There is a gorillion builds to try, but each buil only uses 1 active attack the whole game.
>>
>>345010010
This, doesn't matter how many games I play, PoE is the one game I always come back because of new leagues/content and I always build something different, the fun just never stops
>>
File: RjIyInJ.jpg (632 KB, 500x1850) Image search: [Google]
RjIyInJ.jpg
632 KB, 500x1850
>>345010707
still haven't made a pic related char.

have to make it happen before prophecy ends
>>
File: 1466706944519.jpg (83 KB, 448x490) Image search: [Google]
1466706944519.jpg
83 KB, 448x490
>>345006676
>>
File: fo4xK4B.jpg (602 KB, 500x6151) Image search: [Google]
fo4xK4B.jpg
602 KB, 500x6151
Farming the endgame lap is pretty fun too
>>
What should I use with Arc to deal some serious damage to bosses? That spell is great in a crowd, but I just don't have single target damage.
>>
>>345010010
>>345010707

Except once you've played through it once, it's pointless. Builds are just a means to get through the game. It's zero fun coming up with builds, and even less fun using them if you've beaten it before. You only need 1 set of unique gear, because there is always a BiS for your build. Seasons suck, because isometric dungeon crawlers are a terrible type of game to try competition in. Patches are worthless to anyone who has finished the game once, unless the patches completely redo every aspect of the campaign and story, they're worthless

Oh, and if you have to come up with your own goals to keep playing the game, you're not really having fun.
>>
>>345011369
vaal storm call is the usual choice
>>
File: VWdjX7z.jpg (483 KB, 500x2833) Image search: [Google]
VWdjX7z.jpg
483 KB, 500x2833
>>345011463
haha alright body

you don't play arpg's for the story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9i7i7LHmL0
>>
>>345001880
I played poe in beta. Diablo 2 is my second favorite game. I enjoyed poe for a while, but the skill tree is a little too much for me to enjoy
>>
>>345011818
Nigga just press the health button
>>
I'd recommend Diablo 2. Path of Exile just feels like a chore. I've played through a mod where you can only play as a whirlwind barbarian that does insane physical damage and every single enemy is an oblivion knight and it felt less tedious and frustrating than Path of Exile ever did.
>>
File: Dermapteran Queen.jpg (423 KB, 1024x569) Image search: [Google]
Dermapteran Queen.jpg
423 KB, 1024x569
>>345001880
Grim Dawn is much closer to Diablo 2 in terms of atmosphere. Hell it's closer than Diablo 3.
>>
>>345010010
Thank you mr. shill man!
I have now downloaded Path of Exile and have bought all I could from the MTX store, just to stop the good guys at GGG!
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.