[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FF12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: FF12 biggga.jpg (194 KB, 580x804) Image search: [Google]
FF12 biggga.jpg
194 KB, 580x804
It's time to play this game for the first time. It's been on my list for years, and now that I'm about to finish up my current RPG, a slot is about to open.

Which version is the best for a 1st playthrough? I'm going to emulate it, so both options are there.
>>
File: 1412829356627.gif (9 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1412829356627.gif
9 KB, 400x400
>>
IZJS
Machinist, Time mage, Uhlan classes are garbage, don't choose those
Black Mage, White mage are a must have
others are fine, but don't select more than 1 of any class

enjoy looking up who should be what class for hours only to end up regretting it halfway through the game anyway

in the end it doesn't really matter though, you only need to min-max for the toughest side quests/hunts
>>
Shit game desu only two characters are even remotely bearable
>>
>>344992540
IZJS. I liked having defined classes.
>>
well, you could wait a little bit longer for them to release the zodiac job system in the west

everything was improved with this version
>>
>>344993814
Only two characters seem to have a reason to stick around. The other four i can't understand why they're still breaking their asses with this quest.
>>
File: shittttt.jpg (122 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
shittttt.jpg
122 KB, 960x731
>>344993936

I don't have a PS4, so I don't see that as an option.
>>
>>344993663

Didn't Uhlan have one of those handy defense break type moves? Been awhile since I played it.
>>
>>344994247
hm ok

the only thing that changes a lot how you play this game are the classes what >>344993663
said

you could use everything in the original game but you are limited in the IZJS game
>>
>>344992540
For everyone spouting off how the IZJS version "fixes" stuff about the original NA released version...it really just limits your license board and forces some tweaks. It sounds like you aren't going to be min-maxing your multi-hundred-hour playthrough anyway.

Frankly, just go with the original FFXII. You can master anything you like and define your own class. Seriously, just enjoy the game on your own terms rather than have the game demand your class obedience.
>>
File: 1410921751604.jpg (54 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1410921751604.jpg
54 KB, 480x640
>>344994721
>>344994390

I love the Job system in other FF games, but being locked into one for the whole game just sounds crazy.
>>
What's with all the faggots (both inside and outside this thread throughout history) who run their mouth off about "muh class system?" The original let you do anything with anyone, the revamp says "no, fuck you don't do that." Then they buffed the summons and magick because they realized it was gonna fuck you over beyond all hope if they didn't.
>>
>>344994721
>tfw magic is more relevant in the IZJS version
going beyond the 9999 limit should have been in the original already
>>
>>344993663
i always had problems with that flying type boss monster in the desert because i disliked the bow and arrow/gun

is it still going to be unreachable for melee classes?
do you actually need a class with bow or gun?
>>
OP, ignore anyone telling you to play the International Zodiac Job System version if they're primary reason is "because you can pick your class!" That's fucking retarded. This isn't like previous titles that had defined classes where their character and design and everything about them showed clear intention, and the character itself was a nice blend with an obvious specialty. And, if you really liked mages but were sick to death that it was played by a frail girl that could only heal, too fucking bad. In FFXII, you can let anyone in your party be that white mage...and also ANYTHING ELSE if you spend your time getting the license on your "level up" board. Want Balthier to be your group healer but don't want to give up on the idea he now can't also shoot a fucker right in the face for massive attack damage? In the original version, no problem! Hell, nect encounter, you could have him heal and also use a claymore, or maybe have him cast any kind of dark magic, too while tanking everything like a physical wall. Why? Because the original lets you decide who your character grows, and they only get stronger. By the end, you can simply play as your favorite characters instead of your favorite class...because you favorite characters can do whatever you tell them to.
>>
>>344994940
>should have been
Maybe, but also, who cares? Cast Fire or Blizzard or something? Fuck that, I'll Mist limit break a giant nuclear explosion instead. Why would I need to worry about elemental damage in the game when I'm already at the point where 9999 damage is "not enough?"
>>
>>344995496
There's a skill that lets melee attacks hit flying and long-range enemies, though. Just place that Gambit in front of your attack gambit and you don't have to worry about it.

I forgot what that skill is called. Luckily, in the original, anyone can learn it.
>>
>>344994916
Did you ever play FF1?
>>
>>344996161
It's a technick called "Telekenesis" and you can find it in the Necrohol of Nabudis. Lets you attack at any range with any melee weapon.
>>
File: 1423358326000.jpg (130 KB, 419x429) Image search: [Google]
1423358326000.jpg
130 KB, 419x429
>>344996282

Yes of course, it doesn't bother me in that game.
>>
>>344996415
Then why should it bother you in FF12? It's the same concept.
>>
>>344995851
>That's fucking retarded.
It's really not. "Anyone can do almost anything!" made FF6, 7, and 8 shit. Predefined roles at least give the developers some ground to build the game on.
>>
>>344996386
i know that vossler had a attack to hit flying types.
it must have been this then?
>>
>>344996282
Where you have 6 character types and they are all low level unless you class change (in a linear fashion) by talking to Bahamut? Yes I played Final Fantasy on the NES. Why are you mentioning a game from nearly 30 years ago for a system that had 16 kb of RAM? I surely hope it's not to compare game mechanics on class leveling...
>>
>>344996556
>FF6 was shit
>FF7 was shit
>FF8 was shit
>It's because any character could do anything during battle
>None of the characters had pre-defined roles in any of those games, none of them were special.
You're an idiot.
>>
>>344996680
Correct. Vossler could use the Technick Telekinesis. Once he cast it, all his melee attacks could any target.
>>
>>344996680
>>344997101
I looked this up to be sure and I saw something I found hysterical. Look at the gambit list for Vossler in the original vs. the IZJS:
Original - can use Balance and Telekinesis
>1. Foe: flying targeting Ashe ⇛ Telekinesis
>2. Foe: targeting Ashe ⇛ Attack
>3. Foe: character status = HP Critical ⇛ Balance
>4. Foe: flying ⇛ Telekinesis
>5. Foe: nearest visible ⇛ Attack
International Zodiac Job System - can use Telekinesis, Souleater, Traveler, Wither, Expose
>1. Foe: flying targeting Ashe ⇛ Telekinesis
>2. Foe: party leader's target ⇛ Attack
>3. Foe: targeting self ⇛ Attack
>4. Foe: targeting ally ⇛ Attack
>5. Foe: nearest visible ⇛ Attack
>6. Foe: Any ⇛ Attack

I fuckin' laughed.
In the original, he's got a very specialized and thoughtful gambit set-up. He protects Ashe, concentrates on keeping himself out of Critical HP status and then focuses on other enemies that your party can't really fight at that point in the game. An excellent party member.
In IZJS, he protects Ashe...and then just attacks whoever you're targeting. Literally, that's it. He's given 5 extra abilities and he doesn't even USE them. He just auto-attacks whoever you're targeting.

What a shitshow.
>>
>>344994721

>it really just limits your license board

Games are kind of defined by rules limiting what you can do. Fun comes from finding a path to win through that framework of restrictions.
>>
File: you want me to sing, huh.gif (962 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
you want me to sing, huh.gif
962 KB, 245x200
>>344998209
It's not like the entire license board was open to you from the start, you know. In fact, it's completely shrouded and you don't know WHAT is even on the grid. The characters in your party start at different spots, too, like FFX's sphere grid.

You're still restricted in FFXII. You're limited by your level...how much time you spent in the game grinding. If you love grinding and battling, you can begin removing the limits. If you want. In the IZJS, you're not given any unrestricted options. If you want to have an extra layer of strategy where you have to switch out your party to use their class strengths to win ordinary or boss combat, and that strategy is based on what limits your yourself placed on each character, then go for the IZJS. But you're stuck that way if you find out, "wow, Time Mage SUCKS! I wish I didn't pick this class, but I'm already so far in the game."

What I'm saying is, if you find class restrictions so amazing, then just play the original and don't powerlevel. Same as any game. If you want it to be hard...don't powerlevel. But, if you LIKE to powerlevel, you're fucked in the IZJS.
>>
>>344992540
I hated how in original everyone had same license board.
I hated how I couldnt switch classes in IZJS.
Pick your poison.
>>
>>344992540
OP, do you like Monster Hunter?
Don't pick IZJS. Picking IZJS is like picking a single weapon class in Monster Hunter IZJS: if you find out you don't like your weapon, you're SOL because you're stuck with it.

In the original versions, you can experiment and enjoy access to everything if you put in the effort. It's not like G-Rank armor is open to you from the start.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.