[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: MGS V.jpg (277 KB, 1400x764) Image search: [Google]
MGS V.jpg
277 KB, 1400x764
Just finished this a few minutes ago. Calling the ending abrupt and anti-climactic would be an understatement. How does Punished "Venom" Snake suddenly have an epiphany that he's not the real Big Boss? Why was I forced to play the prologue mission all over again? Why is the game unnecessarily padded out and bloated? It says I'm at 50% completion even though I have done all of the main story mission. Can't help but feel as though there is something... "missing".
>>
File: Curious Cat.jpg (8 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
Curious Cat.jpg
8 KB, 250x201
While we're on this topic... something that I am unable to forgive Kojima is somehow literal children were able to outsmart veteran soldiers. Where has Eli gone off to with his giant Megas XLR Transformer Gundam and his gang of little Nigerian dick-heads? So many questions left unanswered /v/
>>
>>344991110
Welcome to MGSV. All that is left now is Episode 51: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk
>>
>>344991563
A shame really. There's a masterful game underneath but it's marred by obvious issues during development.
>>
By the where is that gas-mask wearing kid knowing psycho mantis? There should have been a boss battle with him. There should have been a boss battle with Skull face as well. The only memorable fight that I can remember from the is with the Man on Fire.... It hurts bros
>>
>>344991485
Blame Psycho Mantis
>>
>>344991563
I don't get it. If Eli is dead then who is Liquid?
>>
>>344993990
Eli is Liquid, he didn't die.
>>
>>344991110
Big Boss sent him a tape explaining everything that happened to him the same day Solid was looking for him, revealed that all that time since the XOF incident he was living a false life. He still embraced his destiny and went to stop Solid anyway.
As for the other questions we may never know, what happened to Sahelantropus? Clearly Liquid and Mantis didn't had it anymore when the Shadow Moses incident happened.
Volgin's corpse whereabouts?
Quiet? The skulls? Codetalker?

My head is full of fuck.
>>
>>344994139
Right my mistake. Do you any knowledge about the scope of the cut content that /v/ managed to un-earth? I missed all the MGSV threads that were the craze back when it released.
>>
>>344994537
Means there's a very real possibility of an MGS VI right? Without Kojima as director.
>>
FucKonami
>>
>>344994537
Bascially Kojuma thought David Lynch was amazing but didn't realise twin peaks was cut short and that Lynch was thrown off the project so he wrote the love letter to Lynch with his twisted Tiwn Peaks X (read cross by nips) Metal Gear story and makes a really crap ending that wraps nothing up but causes more questions, and since Lych made a "sequel" film that was actually a prequel Kojima feels his earlier works " the reverse prequel" or a mirrorto Lynchs vision.

Long story short, they know how to tell coked out producers a great story and should never be trusted with money because coked out fans will latch onto febrile entertainment which will be picked up by LSD freaks which gives the semblance of life that Network golems need to say "life here,leech."
>>
>>344994537
If you take episode 51 as cannon:

-Sahelantropus gets cut in half and is effectively destroyed. Venom Snake then claims the remains.

-Since Psycho Mantis went with Eli, Volgin is finally dead.

-Quiet left to stop another outbreak of the vocal cord Parasite after she saved Venom Snake.

- No real answer for The Skulls, I would say that since they were a Skull Face thing, and now that he is dead, so are they.

- Codetalker is presumably still chilling on Motherbase.
>>
>>344994745
I didn't pay too much attention to that stuff as I was still playing the game at the time. From what I understand there was supposed to be an entire third chapter called "Peace" that was scrapped due to time constraints. Apparently once all player made nukes are disarmed the "True" ending will play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4uSkAACoHc&app=desktop
>>
File: 1460046417390.jpg (49 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
1460046417390.jpg
49 KB, 600x389
>>344991110
Stop thinking about the game, you will save yourself grief.
Its all over. Kojima doesn't care about MGS, Konami doesn't care about MGS, you shouldn't care about MGS.
>>
>>344994537
>Volgin's corpse whereabouts?
On Mother Base quarantine platform. Along with fulton'd Skulls.
>>
metal gear is dead. mgs2 is the best one
>>
>>344991110
The game literally is unfinished.
>>
well, that's the magic of the game, you feel the phantom pain ,don't you ?
>>
>>344994745
Mission 51 (it would have taken place before A Quiet Exit and Shining Lights)
Battle Gear (it was pretty much complete but removed due to balancing issues)
guard dogs (again they were complete but removed during play testing because they didn't play well)
There's a "chapter 3" titlecard in the game but nothing else pointing to it, some people have theorized that it will just show up after the nuclear disarmament ending and chapter 3 is real life, I don't know if that's true but if chapter 3 existed it never left planning stage since there's no other content relating to it in-game and Mission 51 ties up every story loose end

Nuclear disarmament is a special ending that is triggered when every nuke on a specific console server is dismantled, just watch it on youtube or mod your game because it will never happen.
There are also quite a few cutscenes you may have missed:

There's a special scene if you play on your birthday which has more or less characters depending on who's on mother base at that specific time

There's a special scene if you spend more than one week (game time) on the field without showering or standing in the rain and come back, it changes depending on wether or not quiet is on the base and available as a buddy or not

There's a whole sidequest in a secret room in the medical bay which I won't spoil

There's another scene that plays out if you come back to mother base while your budget is in the red

and lastly there's a scene that plays out if you don't play for over a week, and it's different depending or not you unlocked d-dog, how old he is and how much he loves you
>>
File: 1386883136970.jpg (124 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1386883136970.jpg
124 KB, 1102x967
>>344998493
>>344998929
OH I FEEL IT. I FEEL IT IN EVERY PART OF MY BEING.
>>
I THOUGHT YOU DIED ALONE
A LONG LONG TIME AGO
>>
>>344991110
I don't really give a shit about the story of MGS.

Would I like MGSV?
>>
>>344999609
Yes.
I stopped giving a shit about Metal Gear's story after MGS2 and all of the GAMES are still excellent. MGSV's gameplay is among my favorite.
>>
>>344999609
Yes the gameplay itself is DAMN GOOD. But I'm not gonna lie it's not implemented as well as it could have been because the missions themselves tend to be sort of generic.

>Rescue that prisoner
>Blow up that tank
>Steal those documents
>>
>>344999484
Since MGSV has some shit that can only be seen online (the mb invasion cutscene and the nuclear disarmament cutscene) I'm assuming they'll eventually release another version of the game once the online dies out, I hope they just include mission 51 as an extra just to have an excuse to sell it at 70$ again, I'd buy it, I don't give a fuck
>>
>>344999971
Let's not kid ourselves. Growing an amputated limb would be more likely that that.

Now MGS VI though...
>>
>>344999906
>the missions themselves tend to be sort of generic.
Biggest issue being that with the exception of only a few real complex structures like the Oil facility, Mansion, Mother Base itself, and a couple of the larger, denser towns/outposts, most of the map is flat, 'empty' space with a few small buildings spread about.

While environment-wise, the complex areas are more dynamic and interesting than pretty much every previous Metal Gear game's levels (with the exception of some of MGS4's environments), you do spend much of your time in the open as there are many many missions that take place out there. Involving vehicles, soldiers on the move, the many Side Ops that place themselves out in open areas so as to not be placed right on top of a Main Op.

Your stealth play is more "reasonable" in that you're going to be operating at longer ranges as opposed to crawling invisibly right in front of enemy soldiers. Their ability to spot you if you're running around is better and further than any previous game. While the marking system (especially if you have DDog with you) can trivialize your ability to know when to move and sneak around, it's still probably the most challenging when it comes to stealth, rivaled only by MGS4. All the other older MG games are incredibly easy in comparison.
>>
>>344994897
>he doesn't know
they are already working on MGS6. they announced it like a week after releasing V.
>>
>>344991563
This gives me hope that it didnt end just like that and lots of shit was ultimately cut. If they dropped a complete game that included all cut content i would shell out a $100 for it.
>>
>>344999598
OH NO, NOT ME. I NEVER LOST CONTROL
>>
>>344991110
>Can't help but feel as though there is something... "missing".

I wonder how much of that was intentional by Kojima. He did admit that killing off the main bad guy halfway through the game was to give the player a feeling of "phantom pain" at least.
>>
>>345000382
every single metal gear game had a re-release and only mgs4 and pw did not have additional content, with mgs4 being added trophies and pw being ported in hd with online functionalities however.
If a new metal gear ever comes out it's going to be an outsourced reboot like castlevania and silent hill, konami fired all their creators
>>
>>345004414
If the Metal Gera games were influenced heavily by films of the time, what would a reboot have?
Inglourious Basterds meets Kill Bill?
>>
>>345004414
Konami said they're done outsourcing and are doing everything internally from now on. They still have a load of old Kojima Productions staff left and hired new lead developers for whatever the next game is.
>>
>>345004823
Metal Gear Plasma
An augmented reality game for your phone where you go on missions physically
>>
File: mama base.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mama base.jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
>>344999906
>Generic
I disagree tbqh. I thought the missions we're pretty varied and good. It made especially good use of the pseudo open world and gives you tons of alternatives to complete the objectives.
There's a lot more going on than just rescuing prisoners and it's tied nicely into the world and what little story there is.

Like >>345001421 says, the only thing that's a let down is that there sometimes not enough complexity in the environment. Some facilities should really have had a big indoor part to them. Like OKB Zero and the oil facility. Would have upped the variety in sneaking a ton and added the needed complexity.
>>
>>344991890
more like obvious issues with kojima not knowing what the fuck he wants. i feel bad for his devs.
>>
>>345000382
growing an amputated limb has already occurred, anon. a re release of mgsV with the cut content just isn't going to happen.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.